Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most unusual error

I labeled this a bug since idk what it could be labeled as...

I keep getting some weirdo SQL error ever so often, is anyone else experiencing this or is it indeed my interwebz provider?

I apologize for this, just wanted to know if this is ongoing for others or if it is indeed just me.

if need be I can try to backtrace my browser to it and paste the error.. just sorta weird since no other site seems to experience this issue on my comp.

From the FAQ; the time has changed. I think that's because the old FAQ is a bit out-dated from before the server move. Either way it's related to this.

Q: Why does the site crash and have a Driver Error at 4:00AM ET?
A: At that time, the site backs itself up. This is so that posts are never lost due to an accident. The backup itself transfers a lot of data. Because of this, the board momentarily crashes for no more than a minute at this time since it cannot provide any service except for backing up files at that time. The site should be functioning in just a couple minutes after the onset, though.

Oh wow.. didn't realize it was that common we actually got a guide posted for it in the F.A.Q.

Thank you again for showing us this. :) next time I will try to anticipate a guide F.A.Q. post for an issue I might have, hopefully I wont encounter any more tho. :)

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

If you see it again, post a screenshot or copy and paste the error. Walking in here blind makes us blind. And then we become the blind leading the blind. In other words, beyond the idea that you had some sort of SQL error, we can only answer you with commonly known answers from the past - as Sarge has done. However, that specific issue is nowhere near as prevalent an issue as it was when the FAQ was written, so I recommend you provide us more evidence so we can help troubleshoot.

I'd also like to know what sort of errors are being committed around the site so that we can try to fix them.

The error happened again, this time I copied the message for you guys.

An error occured with the SQL server:
mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'notifications' )
This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.
Kinda weird it states its on MY end but swrp is the only site it ever happens to. :/

idk tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom