Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morning After the Night Before (Ray, Invite Only)

Generic muffled noises floated to the world outside and then the distinct sound of footfalls getting louder before Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses appeared, his arms full of stuff and scrapping along the ground in his wake. "Are you a bloody pack rat?" Norongachi asked his eyes immediately drawn to the underwear that could have doubled for circus tents.

Sal winced as he dug through the meds, then he lifted up his shirt and already his right side was a mess of purple and blue bruising. He took up the numbspray and applied it to the area and then picked up a scalpel. "You might want to look away for this bit..." he said quietly and closed his eyes, he could see the fragment of bone in the Force, could feel where it was in relation to his skin and made the incision. The skin split cleanly and he gritted his teeth as a fresh wave of pain found their way to his brain.

The scalpel fell to the ground and he found the flexclamps, the tiny three clawed device was closed into a thin point and without letting the apprehension build, slipped it into the wound. It extended on a thin flexible, controllable, arm and he guided it toward his lung. The claws opened and as delicately as he could, gripped down on the piece of rib and retracted it. The bone fragment fell away bloody along with the clamps to the sand and then came the laser cauterizer. He teased its end into his body, tried to he the angle right and gave one quick burst, it must have found its mark because for the next second he felt like he was breathing fire.

Norongachi fell onto his back and slapped on the bacta patch and let the cries of pain get lost among the dunes then sat up shakily. "Field surgery never gets easier.." he spoke weakly and spat a glob of crimson onto the sands.

Ray looked around and walked away once Sal began digging in his side like a game of operation. he figured he would scout around and look for anything useful behind or around the warehouse. He kicked some sand as he walked away from Sal and listened as the man screamed in pain. He heard a thud behind him but refused to look back. He was tired of wiping vomit out of his mouth.

He rounded the back corner of the warehouse and found an old speeder truck. It looked like it had seen better days but from the looks of it should still work. He went to the door and opened it to give the cab of the truck a look. The stench rushed out and nearly knocked Ray down. "They need to wash these seats" Ray said to himself as he climbed up into the cab. "Hum no key" Ray said and he poked around on the control panel. "Wait!" Ray exclaimed as he remembered the key he had in the pile of things he brought out of the building. He got down and out f the truck and ran around the building. Sal lay on the ground unmoving as ray walked up.

"Are you dead?" Ray asked looking down at the man. His side had a wrap on it and he seemed to be breathing but you never knew. If the man did not reply in a minute or so Ray would kick at him to test if he was indeed dead.

"I found a truck back here. It smells like ten drunken Gamorreans had a rutting party in it but I think it runs" said Ray as he began digging through the pile for the key.

"Wishful thinking," Sal replied and gingerly got to his feet. The impromptu patch job wouldn't hold, the bacta patch would take care of the sufrace damage and keep the pain to a minimum but one deep breath and his lung would pop again. So it was good news about the truck and he walked to the corner of the warehouse to take a look at it. It looked like it hadn't seen a repair shop in forty years but beggars shouldn't be choosers and Norongachi was just thankful for even the slimmest chance of good fortune.

A rumble that could have been thunder sounded in the distance, except there wasn't a cloud in the sky for miles and thunder didn't set the your hairs on end while forcing the lizard part of your brain to give the higher a prod and say 'you maybe want to get the hell away from whatever that was'. Salem was in agreement, he wouldn't have lasted this long without listening to his gut. He turned back to check on Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses and his search and then eyeballed the sky, the sun was well past halfway of whatever this crapholes day-cycle was.

He took a moment to think and then hobbled over to the junk pile and started grabbing anything useful; weapons, water and meds. Ray could bring the main sail underwear if he wanted. "Find that key and find it quick, because something out there is feeling peckish." that said he made his way to the truck, pulled open the door and physically recoiled, nearly losing his footing on the soft ground and undoing any good work he'd done to repair his body.

"Bloody hell.." he scowled and threw the stuff on the back seat.

Ray looked out into the distance at whatever had made the noise. He knew whatever it was he wanted no part of knowing its life story. he began picking up the collection of items he collected. and walked around the building to the truck. Sal had crawled into the truck and was settling int to seat. "You driving?" ay asked the man as he looked back out into the sand wondering what was out there. Was it angry, hungry? would it make a good sandwich? These were the things that kept Ray going. The mysteries of life. The little things around us that kept him curious about life and its many many aspects. "I am hungry, did you see Amy more food in all that crap I carried out?" Ray asked.

he got no answer then began to load the stuff he was carrying into the truck. He grabbed the pants he had found and put them over his nose and mouth and tied them behind his head. "I imagine it will be dusty out there," He said as he finished loading the truck. Ray through the last of the stuff he had collected into the truck and began to climb in. "Wow I thought this would help with the smell, Now I have a mix of the two" he said with his eye twitching and shaking his head.

It took a special person to survive in a Galaxy such as theirs, moving in the circles they did; The terminally dumb but incredibly lucky or the psychotically ruthless straddling the razors edge of total madness. Sal hadn’t made up his mind which Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses slotted into and looking at him now with used trousers wrapped around his face, asking the great questions in life like “Did you find any food in this busted up truck in the middle of bumfrak nowhere?” he wasn’t any closer to the answer but he was in pain, the hangover was in full swing, so he just sighed under his breath.

“That thing, whatever it was, sounded like it came from over there” he flicked a lazily finger toward a dune to the left, it was a total guess of course, he hadn’t been paying the slightest bit of attention to the direction of the ‘let me eat you’ noises issuing from the desert but it didn’t pay to seem ignorant. “So pick a direction and we’ll see what we can see.” Sal finished and scooped up a rifle before laying it across his lap.

Ray turned the truck's ignition over and the hover truck coughed to life. "All right we got wheels," said Ray as he looked in the red view mirror the sie mirrors and generally around the vehicle so as not to run anyone over. "ok here we go" he said and pushed the throttle up. The truck coughed again and then died. Ray looked at the steering wheel and then at Sal then back at the steering wheel. " Oh the break," said Ray then he turned off the safety brake and started the truck again. Ray moved the truck around the building then off towards the dune in the distance. "Hand me one of those grenades" said Ray preparing himself in case he runs into the thing out in the desert. He wanted to be prepared.

Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi

“Excuse me?” Sal’s head near snapped his neck at the speed it whipped around. Give this lunatic a live grenade? Giving him a lightly battered fish was pushing the boundaries of safety let alone something prone to killing the user and anyone close by. They were in a confined space as well, the chances of survival (already low) were plummeting hard just by thinking about this possible course of action.

In one motion he set his mind to whipping every grenade they had out of the truck window, where they failed to explode due to not being primed. He picked up a roll of some kind of paper, rolled it tight and then slapped Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses on the nose. “No. Now drive.”

Ray looked over at Sal then back at the dunes in the distance. "How rude," said Ray then shrugged off the man's actions. The dune to the left looked just like the dune to the right which both resembled the dune in front of them. And the dune behind them for that matter. Ray bright the truck over the dune flying off as the truck flew over the ridge then smiled as the gravity let go of them for a moment before the truck fell back down and continued to sped along across the sand. "Look" ray pointed out in the distance at a light on the horizon. " Should we head toward the light? I mean my mom always said don't go into the light but I do not see much of an option at this point." said Ray. To their left, something cried out as the truck passed. "See I needed that grenade"

The truck took off at a speed it had no right to achieve, crested a dune and soared through the air like a majestic rust coloured missile. It hit the sand and Sal felt a fresh wave of pain ride over his body like a tiny blitzkrieg. Norongachi looked, there was a light, which was odd considering it was the middle of the day. It could have been a city, which was as good a bet as any for getting a ride off this sandpit.

“Not much else in the way of landmarks.” was his only comment as the truck fishtailed around and pointed its nose toward the light on the horizon. “You need to drive faster and away from the noise is what you need to do.” but he picked up the rifle and gazed intently out of the window, ready for the sound of exploding dunes and 60ft death machines to strike at any moment. He felt grossly underprepared for that mental image and really wished he had some grenades, although he would never speak that fact aloud.

The truck shot across the dune as fast as it could get its repulsors going. The whirl of sand behind it shot up a dozen meters into eh air as it skipped from dune to dune off towards the oddly bright area. "Hey Sal isn't it odd that we can see that lit up during the day?" asked Ray. The thought had not crosses his mind until he noticed the Sun in the sky beating the heat down on them. The underwater he had fashioned into a stylish piece of headgear had kept his brow dry thus far. However, the odd fragrance of a section of it was disconcerting.

Ray put the thought out of his head and continued to drive for the odd light in the distance. "I hope they have a good sandwich shop there." Ray said as he looked down not he seat for the half-eaten sandwich he ha brought with him. "Did you eat my sandwich?" Ray asked Sal

“Is it any odder than anything else so far?” his head was thumping, the motion of the truck didn't help either. They drove onwards, the light in the distance slowly inching closer without any further indication of what it could be.

“I hope they have a doctor and no I didn’t eat your gods damn sandwich.” he hadn’t but he had seen it exit the vehicle with the grenades some miles back, not that Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses needed to know that.

The dunes slipped by and once again the roar in the sand filled the sky, much closer this time. “I wont say getting rid of those grenades was premature, but…” he cocked the rifle and practiced sighting along its length.

Ray drove on through the sand towards the light in the distance. A roar from behind them filled the cab of the truck. Ray looked in the rearview mirror and all he could see was the dust cloud. He thought he saw something for a moment but could not tell. He returned his eyes to the sand before him and the light in the distance.

An hour passed as the truck moved across the sand and dunes. the light remained before them but was much brighter now. As ray pushed the truck for all it had to catch the bright light on the horizon. It was then that Ray realized it was a second sun that had been setting. He wondered If Sal had come tot he same realization but was not gonna saw anything. He considered his nest choice carefully.

"Hey Sal I do not know if following this light is the right idea."

"I don't know if anythings the right choice when you're stranded in a desert and the suns are setting." he replied with a grumble. The light was getting closer and it was getting brighter but even with a liberal application of the Force to enhance his sight he still couldn't make out the tell tale signs of silhouettes against the horizon. It was beginning to unnerve him.

A rumble rolled under the sand, it was short but it was enough to shake the cab of the truck. and Sal gripped the rifle tighter. If that tremor was any indication of the size of whatever the hell was out here, then a rifle wouldnt do much good nor would an orbital strike. "Must drive faster." Norongachi said as his nerves twanged like guitar strings.

Ray looks across the cab at Sal then back out into the distance. He slams the accelerator as far as it will go and turns to run away from the light in the distance. Was it a sun, was it something else? at this point, Ray did not care he just wanted to get away from whatever was chasing them.

"Hey Sal, Next time I am keeping the grenades ok," said Ray concentrating on driving the wheels off the hover truck. He could still hear a growling rumble from all around them. he decided to delve deep into the training he had done at Anaxes. He went through what courses he remembered from the Academy. How to avoid being eaten was not one of the curricular courses. Funny how they do not teach the important things in school these days. Alll tactics and navigation and more tactics and ballroom dancing. No, the ballroom dancing was important, it had been very useful on several occasions. Certainly more often than the tactics. he waited a second then came up with an Idea.

"Sal, I have an Idea. You're not going to like it."

"I wish I'd bloody kept them..." he growled. If the thin line between life and death was Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses utilizing explosives then the universe truly had lost the plot.

The light ahead grew bigger against the horizon, it was now the brightest point among the dunes as the sunlight drained away from the blue skies and burned them orange. They crested a sand bank, pitched forward on the descent so that the nose of the truck kicked up a wave of sand that showered the windshield and scarred the crap out of a small herd of Bantha to the right.

"Banthas...two suns...utter karkhole..." he thought but whatever logical conclusion he was about to draw was stalled by Ray who proceeded to execute his idea before Norongachi could say anything to the contrary.

Ray watched the light flicker a bit they grow brighter as what looked like a bulb on a flaccid rod poked its way up through the sand. as ray liked towards the light and the creature now emerging from the sand he looked Dover at Sal. "Once you stop don't move," said Ray as he reached across Sal opened the passenger door fo the truck and pushed Sal out of the truck. He did not look back to see if Sal had landed safely in the sand. He knew Sal, he would be ok. He would definitely be safer back there in the sand than in the truck at the moment.

Ray grabbed the underwater off his head and tied then to the steering wheel then to the dash in two places to keep the truck headed towards the creature. Pulled it tight so it would not slip and then jammed the accelerator handle all the way forward. He through the bag of weapons out the window and then looked around for the sandwich he had grabbed. He looked up in time to see the massive creature shooting up out of the sand straight up for what Ray guessed was one hundred meters. The long legless thing went limp and its body feel to the sand in front of Ray. Its gaping maw opening wide to eat the truck was only visible for a second as the dust and sand from the massive thing slamming down on the desert floor threw up a could of sand blocking out everything. Ray did not think about the fact that he no longer could see anything but sand and opened his door to jump. Jut then he remembered the most important part of his plan. He had pocketed a single grenade he did not tell Sal about at the warehouse. He armed the devices Through it into the floorboard of the truck then jumped out.

Everything went black as Ray was swallowed but Sand. A second later he heard a noise through the sand then the ground shook as the lightbulb worm swallowed the truck and the grenade went off.

“Stop?” was all Sal got out before the wind whistled in his ears, the truck blurred away and the sand rose to meet him with a gravity aided hug. He hit it and half-rolled half-slid, casting up streams of sand along his path before he finally came to rest. The noise that confirmed he hadn’t slipped his mortal coil started with a wheeze, then rose in volume to unintelligible angry muttering before finally, “I’M GONNA KILL THAT SANDWICH LOVING-” he then proceeded to vomit a combination of blood and sand before the ground quaked and the sun vanished.

He looked up and saw the gargantuan frame rising from the dunes without end, its segmented body twisting and writhing, showers of sand falling by the tonne off its armoured skin before it reached its apex, turned its attention toward the ground and fell toward them, its head opening like the bud of the universe's deadliest flower, revealing row upon row of barb like teeth and a dark tunnel that threatened to swallow the planet whole.

The ensuing impact was lost on Norongachi, who threw his battered body to the deck when the blast of sand rolled over him. Then he heard the explosion and risked a peek, he had just spotted Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses and felt the bile rising from his gut when he noted, with a cold chill down his spine that something in the sand storm was on fire and it was moving in a very pissed off fashion toward them before the flickering light vanished.

“It dove you silly mother humping, inbred, brain dead prick!” He yelled as he stood unsteadily, shouldering his rifle and only now noticing that its barrel was twisted and bent.

Ray opened his eyes to darkness. The burning as sand washed into his eyes shocked Ray as he realized he had been buried in sand when he hit the ground. Which was is up was his first thought. He dug with his hands and cleared the sand from above him and saw the blurry light of the fire before him. His eyes stung and burned from the sand. His legs and back and knees hurt from landing in the sand as he did? The worm seemed to be gone now or was that was what was on fire. His vision was a liability currently, where was Sal? He heard Sal off behind him but he could not see him.

"Sal, did I kill it?" Ray yelled in no particular direction. His eyes slowly began to clear up a bit and he finally could make out shapes clearly. To his left, he saw a shape he assumed was sal standing there holding a pretzel.

"There you are. Hey did you see that frekin worm? Man it was massive." said Ray as he stood and dusted the sand off himself and looked around for all the guns he had thrown out the window. Ray picked up a rifle he found then looked over at Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi "Hey where are those Banthas we seen. I got another idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom