Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mighty MezNez

“Their lives have no meaning,” Enyo confirmed Maris’ suspicions without argument, a stab of dismay unsettling the youth again as she felt an unexpected sense of disappointment in society in general.

It would be easy, she considered, to believe that they all deserved whatever punishment the universe designed for them. At least in the Lower-L life meant something, and the stakes of the game were real. “Someone should show them what they are missing,”

And watch those with the strength to do so survive and flourish... she completed her thought silently, unsure of where that line of thought might take her.

Enyo was confident she could repair the damage to her face, and she claimed to feel no pain either. Maris reconsidered her new employer, wondering how anyone could live without the pain. She chose not to voice the question for now, nor question Enyo’s creation or capabilities.

She nodded her acceptance of her rewards for services rendered, unable to really imagine what she might do with a room or the funds, more concerned that Enyo might try to keep her under watch, “I’m free to come and go though, right? I can go low level - if I wanted to?”

Maris moved to stand, hopping to her feet and turning back to face Enyo, “You want me to become like your soldiers?” she asked, earnestly hoping that was not Typhos’ intention, Maris was no soldier at heart.

[member="Enyo Typhos"]

[member="Maris Fero"]

"Yes," Enyo responded to the first query.

“You want me to become like your soldiers?”

"You will follow my orders as they do, and receive advanced weapons' training. But you're more suited to being an infiltrator, spy and assassin than a frontline soldier." Evidently Maris' stealthy shenanigans had been sufficient to make Enyo reach that to conclusion. "Your capabilities will be enhanced once you have learned to wield the Force. I will not go easy on you. I will push your mental and physical limits relentlessly. You will sink or swim. But in the end, you will be the stronger for it."

It wasn’t a new situation for Maris, having taken orders from Tratten in the past and even Enyo during the evenings activity, but it still rankled the youth to consider herself submissive to anyone. She tried to keep any hint of defiance from her gaze but if Enyo was observant enough she might have caught a glimpse of it.

The prospect of advanced weapons’ training had been more welcome, though personal pride led Maris to believe she had handled herself well during the raid. Maybe Enyo would give her a laser sword too.

Her Cyborg employer’s recognition of her more clandestine talents only served to swell the pride she already felt on that front, though the idea of being an assassin was never something Maris had contemplated let alone considered at length. She wrestled with the idea for the moment, but said nothing.

Enyo’s talk of learning more about ‘wielding the force’ sounded closer to the magic nonsense she had believed the force to be before experiencing it for herself and though she nodded as the Cyborg warned her of the challenge ahead the youth had no expectations on the matter. “I’ve never learned to swim..” she admitted in a murmur accompanying a soft shake of the head. “When am I ever going to see water deeper than a shower unit?” she added, explaining her lack of experience whilst totally unaware of the common saying on other worlds.

[member="Enyo Typhos"]

[member="Maris Fero"]

The irony was that Enyo was incapable of swimming. Her cybernetic body was simply too heavy. Likewise, she did poorly in swamps. "Eventually. I'll add diving lessons to the curriculum. For now, we're done. Corporal Dorn will show you to your room."

As soon as the words left her lips, a tough looking Twi'lek female approached them, snapping to attention near Enyo. One of her eyes glowed, while her left lekku was an advanced cybernetic. One imagined that the loss of a headtail had not done her central nervous system any good. Her stance was more rigid than that of Chazzak.

"Rest, and be ready for my summons. Regarding the Shrikes, compile a list of all who performed well under fire and are worthy of bonuses and so on. You will receive your own share." Again, more like a paramilitary unit than a conventional criminal organisation. Presumably Enyo would check any list before handing out rewards.

The Shrike nodded, the weariness had crept upon her slowly but unlike her employer, the youth did not possess a robotic constitution. Her body had been running on borrowed strength for some time and the youth badly needed to find a dark and quiet spot to rest.

She barely looked at the cyborg Twi’lek, still speaking to Enyo as she made to leave.

“Okay, take care of yourself.” the sentiment, a genuine wish on Maris part, had slipped out from her hazy thoughts, forgetting again that Enyo claimed to feel no pain or fatigue. “I’m gonna go sleep for a day or three. I’ll give someone that list.”

Maris passed through the doors and on behind the Twi’lek, taking a path that led eventually to a well-deserved rest, and a fitful night's sleep.

[member="Enyo Typhos"]

[member="Maris Fero"]

You're a willful one, Enyo observed. The glimpses of defiance in Maris had not gone entirely unnoticed, despite the girl's skills at obfuscation. Her ability to work independently rather than requiring micromanagement made her an asset. The defiance also posed a potential risk, especially if others decided to take an interest in the girl's Force-sensitivty now that she had been awakened.

Enyo liked to think she had learned from Archangel's mistakes. They had not just kept her on a leash, but manipulated and brainwashed. Their cruelty was what had driven her to turn against them. Along with the fact that they had lied to her from the moment she awoke in the bacta tank and breathed air. Actually, their lies had started long before that.

Maris' apparently genuine well wishes first surprised her, then caused a feeling of amusement. "You may use the room service. Don't try to walk on walls. You'll only hurt yourself," she said wryly while Maris headed out of the room. The cyborg either did not realise that the moment you tell a teenager not do this cool thing, they will definitely do it. Or she was trying to troll her.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom