Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Meta's Power Armor

The Meta

T
av-1-assault%20-armor-1.jpg

Intent: The intent for this technology is to forge my character's, The Meta, battle armor. I will be constantly editing this until it passes.
Manufacturer: The Meta
Model: Cannibalized AV-1A assault armor, and Mark III Katarn-class commando armor
Affiliation: The Meta
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Reinforced Segmented Ultrachrome and Durasteel
Description: This suit is a hybrid of the archaic Clone Wars era AV-1A assault armor, and Mark III Katarn-class commando armor, taken apart, remolded, rewired, and redesigned to fit the Meta's specific needs for the ultimate upgrade in strength, and endurance. It is an advanced suit of powered armor that blurred the line between "personal armor" and "personal vehicle". At its core, the armor consists of a central shell housing the user and much of the circuitry, including the six standard power packs that powered the armor for periods of up to twelve hours at a time. With an internal air supply and full sealing against outside forces, the suit could provide full life support as long as there was power, providing protection against most extreme environments such as deep space.

Strengths: It is a very durable set of power armor, capable of fending off blaster shots, and lightsaber attacks effectively (granted if the Ultrachrome is still applied), and increases the users strength and endurane by a factor of four. It can survive in vacuum for as long as there is power (and a suitable amount of oxygen supply [which is recycled from any internal sources]). It allows the user to pick up just about any weapon and use it effectively. It has an advanced med system that can increase a persons combat effectiveness for twice as long as oridinary, and can help to heal wounds faster without immediate medical attention. It is also resistent to puncture.

Weaknesses: Fairly slow against most opponants, possess no earth shattering weapons at all (desregarding the strength of the suit itself) and requires the wearer to opperate weapons with clunky, cumbersome hands. It's VERY heavy, and even though it supports the strength of the user (who is incredibly strong to begin with), it still wares them down. It is a heavy user in power, and although it possess a large supply of power as compared to most other power armor, it requires quite a bit to run its advanced systems, along with auxilary functions such as jumping, and other mechanical strenuous activities. It is also completely vulnerable to E.M.P. weapons.
Classification: Heavy armor.
Weight: 100 kilograms
Quality: Class 10
Other Feature(s):

Helmet - The built in helmet has a HUD or heads up display that consistently displays tactical data such as the location and distance to the target, the health of the wearer and any damage to the exterior armor. Specialized internal sensors could detect the make, model, and relative accuracy of every weapon that a commando used, and could adjust the format of the targeting reticule for differing weapons. The Helmet had a built-in filtration system which could extract oxygen from toxic environments. The visor incorporates electrobinoculars and a night-vision mode. The Meta armor systems are quite formidable for a suit of armor. It possesses a capable sensor system able to operate fully in low- or no-light conditions, with visual amplification on par with that of a pair of electrobinoculars, and its power lamp can create a beam of light up to 100 meters long and 50 meters wide. It does contain a built-in comlink allowing the suit's operator to communicate at a range of 100 kilometers with full encryption capabilities.

Body - The shell itself was surrounded by a series of heavy armored reinforced plating of Duraplast and Ultrachrome that fully covered the operator's limbs and features, as well as the internal systems; boasting unrivaled defense against blaster fire and other anti-infantry weapons, as well as lightsaber resistant Ultrachrome. Its design included resistance to extreme heat and cold, though if extreme heat was experienced for long durations, the Ultrachrome plating portion would essentially peel off all at once. Despite this the heavy plating provided for unrivaled protection in terms of personal armor, with the suit's powered hydraulics augmenting the operator's strength by a factor of more than four. Unfortunately, when unpowered, the bulk of the suit became more of a liability, slowing him down drastically.

The suit is fully sealed allowing survival in vacuum for as long as the suit had power. Ordinarily, this walking tank would contain many features enabling incredible fire power opportunities, however these were removed in the interest of both lightening the armor, and investing in the armor and strength aspects of the suit. Despite the armor's immense size, the powered hydraulics allowed the operator to move as freely as if wearing conventional armor, with no loss of speed, due to the upgrade from basic servo motors. During combat situations, the suit monitored the operator's vital signs, and was capable of providing a several doses of emergency medications in order to keep the operator alive, and possessed in place of all the removed components a massive storage of automated medical supplies, and it housed a special mesh borrowed from the AV-1c scout armor that self sealed punctures in the armor.

Roleplay: I'm going to request that I can be given this armor without role play, as it is supposed to be a consistent piece of equipment for the Meta. If you say no I won't be heart broken, as I am hesitent to even post this up for two main reasons:

A) It is likely to be OP

B) It's probably too cumbersome and detramental to the Meta for wearing it full time.

The Meta

T
I'm hesitant in saying so, but I would like to have this review, if it is unacceptable, I ask you don't Deny tag it, as I will work on it until it is accepted. I realize it borrows a lot of old tech but I didn't know where else to base it off of, and the two suits seemed to fit for what I was looking for, thus I have decided to cannibalize the two and make one strength/endurance enhancening suit of Armor. I would prefer it if you offered suggestions to change it rather than give me a basis as to why it isn't acceptable. Once I have the armor accepted my profile can be better polished and fleshed out to be 100% Star Wars with next to zero borrowed material.

P.S. One reason why I ask you keep the WIP title unless it is accepted is because if I remember correctly from last night I did copy and past a LOT of material, which shall be edited as soon as the word is given. I do hope this original enough at preset moment to constitute the need for an App. If not I'll start over again.

Scratch that, it's too OP and cumbersome. Ignore me!

The Meta

T
WIP title please, I disabled smileys and it got rid of it. Review it though if you want, as I'm in the process of scaling it down so it is no longer OP as well as cumbersome to the wearer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom