Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Merchants of Manda [HK and other interested OP members]

Havicl Baobab

H
Trade, a universal basis for multiple economies of varying means and needs. At its core it can make a galaxy turn even as it appears that all things are falling apart. One of multiple basis needed to form civilization; and after all the wealth that generates from it wasn't all that bad either once it was on ones hands. Now then wealth was the name of the game as a series of freighters and merchant vessels dropped from hyperspace, a not at all unusual occurrence; even more so as the vessels were marked with the all familiar rainbow comets of the Baobab Family. A constant for many years since the family had established the merchant fleet ages ago. Now though it was no longer just on its own, it was part of the newly founded Most Serene Republic of Manda.

With the vessels arrival; it was the lead vessel that opened the communication channels first. Havicl stood quietly on the bridge as he stared out of the large view screen before him. Noticing the traffic that was coming and going from the planet below. Nodding silently as the channel was open before the familiar language was spoken.

"Demeezz bo treeza Boabab. Motex goy kiladez." (This is _____ (identify yourself/spacecraft). Request landing coordinates, please.)

Havicl spoke, the ancient language of Bocce awaiting a response in kind or of another language that was known to a member of the multi-species crew.

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Havicl Baobab"]

Havicl would not have to wait too long for a response, after all, a fleet of ships always got the attention of the system's security, those were very tense times, after all. However, once the emblem of the Baobab Family has been sighted, the security forces on the planet side would have relaxed, although still kept watchful
[Bocce] "Yezzo, yappa bo rezzo waze corox? (Affirmative, what is the reason for your arrival?)"
Came a transmission from the planet's Space Traffic Controllers, soon another followed behind
[Bocce] "Bazi batza Bazic? (Do you speak basic?)"
All things considered, Bocce has not been used as much as it once was, in most of the Galaxy it was replaced completely by Basic, seems it was making a comeback with the raise of the Republic of Manda.

Havicl Baobab

H
"Ekonix Buzna." (Economy Business)

A quick and simple response for a quick and simple question. As Havicl waited quietly he looked to the crew whom was still working quickly, each of them coordinating the other vessels as they waited to land. That was when he heard the second question, nodding slightly before he spoke up as he looked back towards the screen. Noticing the world seemed to not have a proper trade station as he stood there quietly. His hand tapping against his arm as they were crossed over his chest before he returned his attention and spoke once more.

"Keezx." (Yes.)

Havicl spoke as he cleared his throat, a slight cough though nothing serious that would denote a sickness or health issues as he stood quietly. Taking a moment to collect his thoughts and decide what he was going to say. His fingers tapping slightly against his arm.

"We've come to trade. I do apologize, Bocce is my native language. I represent the Most Serene Republic of Manda. We wish to establish a trading port."

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The transmission flickered before answer was heard
"Understood, we recommend your larger ships use shuttles in order to get planet-side, we do not have adequate landing zones or stations to take them all in. We will be patching you through to Observer of the planet in order to discuss your offer. Please, hold."
And with that the transmission would go into a hold, muzak would start to play instead as their call was patched and transferred.
After a while, finally the image of steel-grey droid would flicker onto their screens
"Hello? This is Observer Iron Knight of Abregado-Rae, I have been told you are a trading representative party from Most Serene Republic?"

Havicl Baobab

H
During the time he was given as the call was transferred; a secondary screen had come up as he lightly tapped a few of the selections on it. Most of it was normal, though boring to most, procedures that by now Havicl had become accustomed to going through upon each new arrival at a world. The screen was showing the order in which the vessels were to be unloaded through the shuttles and the goods transferred to the world below. As the final key stroke was put in, the screen flickered back to life to reveal the observer. With a quick nod and a small gesture to ask for a moment, Havicl finalized the orders before shutting the screen.

"My apologies, I was informing the vessels of their order of unloading. I am Havicl Baobab of the Baobab Family. We are here to trade with the Omega Protectorate and offer our capabilities to marshal and field a new Trading Port in orbit."

His hands once more crossed over his chest as he settled slightly, though wasn't given too long of a chance to do so. The moment after his fingers made their first taps upon his arm; a datapad was quickly handed to him before he sighed lightly as he looked over it. Nodding before handing it back as he returned his attention to the screen before him.

"Apologies once more. It would seem a majority of the crews are a bit more than happy to get a chance to touch ground for a bit."

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

HK nodded at that
"Baobab Family, I have encountered your ancestors before, meeting them through time. Your crew are more than welcome in our spaceports."
He slightly leaned back in his seat
"As for the Trading Port, I have been drafting plans of placing a space station in our orbit to serve as a port for larger ships, I am sure we can come to an agreement and give your representatives a trading outpost on the station."
HK prepared to send landing coordinates to Havicl
"Shall we meet on the ground and discuss it in person?"

Havicl Baobab

H
"That would be agreeable."

Havicl nodded slightly as his hand tapped against his arm again. For a moment he seemed lost in thought as he was handed another datapad; though it was left alone for the moment before he seemed to recall his current train of thought. Taking the datapad from the crew member before he lightly tapped a few choice pieces on it before handing it back. The form was to decide how to set the prices for their cargo before he looked back up.

"I should arrive shortly."

With a quick bow of his head the holoimage began to flicker until it shut off; finally allowing Havicl to let out a sigh of relief as he stretched for a moment. Looking to the crew he motioned for the first officer before he stepped from the bridge. Leaving the large freighter in the hands of the crew as he headed to the hanger. It wasn't as large as the other freighters that had arrived with them; though only so to allow a shuttle a bit of room. After he took his seat; it wasn't long before the hanger doors opened and the shuttle was slowly making its way towards the planet below. The pilot broadcasting to the traffic controllers.

"Motex goy kiladez." (Requesting landing coordinates, please.)

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[Bocce] "Yezzo. (Affirmative.)"
Came in a short response as the landing coordinates were transferred to the freighter, already prepared to welcome the representative of Baobab Family.

The coordinates would lead the merchant shuttle to one of the smaller, more remote spaceports.
There, HK would already be waiting for the shuttle to land, in his usual ceremonial outfit, pistol holstered at his side, sword sheathed on the other flank, his dark grey cloak cascading off of his shoulders down to the ground, his arms slightly folded as he waited for the representative to touch down.

He also had a datapad with himself, summary of plans for the spacebase he has been drafting. Perhaps, if Fortune has it, once he is done with other stuff, it will be placed into the orbit, another shadowport for Spacers everywhere to meet in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom