Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Maze of Darth Phyre

Continued from a Dominion Thread...

Wearing: 451 Suit

Armed with: Heliosphere (Curved Hilt Lightsaber)

Syd had been disarming the magical traps in the sealed tomb they were in for a half hour, feeling herself weakened slightly by what she realized was the presence of the Dark Side. It made it harder for Syd to focus. That wasn't ever good in a place like this.

Strangely, it felt familiar, somehow. She could not explain it. The other Jedi who had come with [member="Willa Isard"] had been investigating the edges of the chamber for any sign as to what other dangers might be present when one of them accidentally hit a hidden panel on the brown stone wall, which slid open to reveal a small, pulsing red crystal globe on a stand of iron.

"Master Celsius! Look!" One of the Jedi called out. Syd floated over to examine it and felt her shell instantly repulsed by the intensity of the darkness of the crystal. Her body rippled like water from the effects. She staggered back, her face looking like it was sagging and melting for a few seconds before the shell's shape reset.

"Whoa..." Syd muttered. "Stay back...I have an idea...its something the Resistors taught me..."

Syd stared and focused on it, holding out golden chrome covered hands that reflected everything around them. It was an old light aligned purification spell. She could tell by the runes it was some kind of lock. They were trapped in this tomb. Maybe this opened it.

But the object was so corrupted. Completing the spell would be difficult. She would have to be touching the object at the end for it to work, where the danger from discorporation would be greatest.

Syd got close to the glowing crystal and her chrome covered body rippled like water again, her face sagging and stretching and melting as she struggled to get closer.

"In...brightest...star...in...blackest...hole..." Syd struggled to get out, focusing her magical essence on the corruption within the crystal., her body constantly rippling as she drew closer. The pain started, but Syd forced herself past it.

"No...wickedness...shall touch...my...soul..." she hissed, her body violently deforming, stretching and pulling in all directions as she struggled to hold her shell together as well as use magic to purify the object as she took two steps closer. Her hands were on the brink of touching, her face pulling wildly in all directions away from the crystal like the rest of her shell. She could barely walk, the pain was so intense.

Her hands were centimeters from the object. Her shell barely looked humanoid the way its limbs and torso seemed to melt and pull everywhere away from the crystal

"Let...those...who...pro...fit...from...evil's goal..."

Her hands clasped the red crystal, which glowed white. Most of her face was sagging and melting to the ground like one of her legs was starting to.

"Beware...the Ashla...for...your...sins...shine...bright!" Syd finished.

The sphere-crystal turned completely blue and spun, sinking into the ground as Syd's shell regained its cohesiveness, the pain fading as her body returned to normal. She leaned against a nearby column for support, as a bunch of mechanisms in the floor parted, revealing a hidden staircase.

"What the hell is that?" One of the Jedi asked in astonishment.

"That." Syd breathed. "That is where we actually want to go. Give me a few here...anybody got a heat source?" Syd asked, famished suddenly.

[member="Syd Celsius"]

Willa stood there and she could feel it... heat and power and this one got it but she wasn't vahla which was confusing compared to many as she listened toher... as she listened to the force and allowed herself to feel the heat along her skin... oh how it danced before she was moving around. To really see it and here in the tomb where she was watching with the other jedi allowing them to look as she reflected the flames around her hands and herself. A look on her face while she walked near Syd and looked down at her with her black eyes gleaming with an inner fire itself that let her speak.

"That wasn't the smartest thing but it is a good thing you are not human." She looked at the other jedi who were there while holding a hand out to help her up with the other creating fire to light up the area. "If you were human, I think you might have burned yourself out... if you were vahla it might have been easier." Willa said it lifting herup and motioning towards the other jedi who were herer with them. "Be careful and get some of the braziers up to light the pathway." She got some nods from the others who were moving around to help them and Willa had the chance to look at the tomb and what could be here rolling her shoulders. "Shall we have some fun."

"Tombs are never fun for me, I'm afraid..." Syd explained with a weary smile as she headed down the staircase. "Twelve of my thirty worst assignments occured in tombs. The effort they put into these things sometimes..."

The staircase winded down considerably, the reliefs on the walls becoming more elaborate. Strangely, troublingly, it all felt familiar to Syd. As she floated down the stairs, she could not help but get the distinct sense that she had been here before, but it was more a mostly faded memory...

Syd didn't often consider her own memories unless there was something particularly egregrious. She could only assume it was part of the programming. It was quite through...all designed to keep her from feeling too strongly. There was little the Darkness could feed on when the emotions are weak by nature. That way, in case for whatever reason she actually did go bad, her ability to use it would be limited. The Resistors had thought of everything. Everything except how to dodge Fate's judgement. After all, Syd hadn't dodged their judgement.

The staircase came to an end, and Syd and the other Jedi stared at the tomb door, a mechanical iris made of stone. There was a golden crank to the side and Syd manipulated it telekinetically, the ancient crank creaking as it spun the iris doors open. This all felt way too familiar.

What was on the other side clearly hadn't been completed. The stones lining the walls were in poor condition, though the tomb itself was quite large. Only the hastily prepared, plain stone sarcophagi at the center, and a singular glass case containing a white and gold chrome suit whose design gave Syd pause, made her do a double take. No. It didn't make sense.

Other Jedi noticed it too, some slowly turning to look at her as she herself floated up to the display.

It was like her suit. It was exactly like her suit.

The disturbance she felt at being in this place stirred up again. Her chrome hand ran over the glass as she stared, the dust from the ceiling making others cough. She realized she did not feel her usual claustrophobia, and had not since entering this place.

"Master Celsius? What's going on? Why's that suit look like yours?" one of the Jedi asked in confusion.

"I don't know..." Syd answered, uncertainty clear in her voice.

She must have set something off, because her magical essence reacted with whatever trace of the white suit's owner and she experienced something normally quite rare for her...

A vision...

Six months before Syd's creation...

The green robed, pentacle masked Resistors surrounded their captured quarry, chained to the floor of stone. Though she was of middle age, she was still quite athletic looking, which was emphasized by the skin tight white and gold chrome suit she wore. Her dark crimson hair was heavily layered and dropped down to her back in curls.

Her sulphur eyes stared back at her captors. She had burnt most of them alive in her last savage rampage. These alchemized chains suppressed her power. It was the only reason she had not force fed fire down all their throats to savor their horror as the fire ate them from the inside.

For their part, many of them kept their saber emitters against her neck and stomach in case she did attempt. She had never run into the Resistors before. She was about to regret that. Heavily.

Some problems build up, slowly, making themselves known through repeat experience. Others happen in an instant. For the woman chained to the floor, staring with open murder at her captors, it seemed the latter.

In truth? Though it looked the latter, it was actually the former. The Resistors had studied Darth Phyre for months before striking. Though they had lost a hundred they had taken her alive. Unharmed. Intact.

"So tell me..." Phyre asked with a cruel smirk. "Who am I to answer to? Not a lot of governments will care that you have me."

"Oh, you aren't for them..." called out deep voice. "You are more use to us. Or will be, rather..."

Phyre narrowed sulphur eyes at the speaker as he entered the tomb her slaves had not yet finished building. He was clad all in white robes, wearing a full mask with a purple pentagram on the face, a hood drawn over it. He entered with a slow but confident walk, hands clasped behind his back. More Resistors followed behind, carrying what looked like a large picture frame under a tarp.

The Man in White stared at his quarry in the middle of the unfinished tomb.

"Am I to be executed for my so-called crimes?" Phyre asked in a bored manner, eyes glazing over a little at the memory of how delightful it had been burning that building on Corellia down with all its inhabitants.

"Yes. And no." The Man in White answered. "Do you know why you have been selected?"

"I'd say its all because you wanted to stare but I suspect your answer is a little more involved than that." Phyre answered crisply, annoyed with his cryptic routine already. She smiled at the idea of the fiery torment that awaited him once she was free.

"You are a rather unique specimen. But your crimes overshadow you as you are. I intend to...correct that.

Phyre raised a brow. It was suddenly very silent. The only sounded that could be heard was their collective breathing.

Phyre looked at him in curiousity...and perhaps fear entering a lightly accented but seductive voice.

"What is this?" Phyre asked. "What did you go to all this trouble for?"

Syd snapped out of the memory and looked at [member="Willa Isard"].

"That Sarcophagus..." Syd muttered, deeply shaken by her resemblance to Phyre. No way it was coincidence. No way.

What was going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1c6fiCcveA​

[member="Syd Celsius"]

She was walking with her and allowing the force to guide her and alert her to what might be coming but a tomb like this she knew well enough. She had explored the vahla homeworld as some believed it was... lost for thousands of years but Isolde had promised they had found it and many Vahla had come home to see their world.... but there was no real way for them to know. It was a wasteland, charred and glassed as it slowly became sand and Willa had stood there while her eyes glowed with inner fire hearing some fo the other jedi who were around them. She moved quickly.

Her eyes weregoing around the tomb itself though as it was not finished or fallen into disrepair.. strange but not unheard of if someone had been here before and found another way in. She was looking at it and not the suit as her senses shifted and she raised an eyebrow slipping one hand to her belt as she touched the helmet and pulled it up. If there was going to be more fire, better to be prepared as she looked over towards Syd and spoke. "Well this is something new but calm yourself... if we get worked up it could prove more dangerous. Perhaps someone saw it and thought it looked icoic for a flame being."

"This...this is no coincidence..." Syd realized. "I...I feel...I feel like I've been here before..."

Syd looked back at the white and gold suit. This was no accident. The patterns were too similar.

It was like it was her own hand.

Trembling, Syd reached out to touch it...

"Your crimes are abominable. You were a scourge during the plague, and if you are permitted to be a scourge after, the galaxy will suffer. By all rights, I should simply have you executed. Court systems are still spotty in most parts. Processing your sorry hide would be a nightmare for 'any' court system..." The Man in White declared.

Darth Phyre snorted at this.

"If you're trying to psyche yourself up you might as well just embrace the darkness and slay me. Either way, the darkness gains another servant." She mocked. "But I can show you the truth about the Force. I can show all of you the truth. Simply release me."

"I have a better idea..." the hooded, masked figure turned to her. "I believe in second chances..."

Phyre scowled at him, the dim settings of the poorly lit, unfinished tomb casting shadows across her face.

"I'll never turn to the light side!"

"Nope. No you won't."

Phyre felt the snip of scissors as someone cut a lock of dark red hair from her.

"You've prepared a magical ritual. Interesting. Am I to be altered in some way?"

"Oh no, you're going to die, alright. But you will be reborn. Reborn without your pesky hatred and vile cruelty."

"You are enslaving me."

"How many have you enslaved? Murdered? Tortured? Roasted alive in front of their families? For that matter, how many families 'have' you roasted?"

"Lost count." Phyre sneered.

The Man in White shook his head. "See what I mean?"

Phyre watched as his other men brought in a strange, hourglass like machine. It wasn't until she saw the twisted, unnatural mathematical scrawl glowing green against the transparisteel casing that she realized how doomed she was.

(BFG Division by Mick Gordon plays for a few seconds.)

The bottom of the hourglass, whose frame was of a twisting wrought iron lined with pearls of amber had an inner light from within that made Phyre's skin crawl.

"You...you have the Kolda-Bratha Calculus..." Phyre trailed, a tinge of fear entering her voice for the first time.

"You're one of the strongest pyrokinetics on record. Imagine the good you could have done with such a power."

"Sounds boring."

"To you, perhaps. The other you? She'll be doing a lot of good. Galaxy needs time to heal. Gulag is barely over. No thanks to monsters like you however..."

Two of the masked, green robed men unsealed the top of the hourglass. Phyre winced as she felt the flesh painfully tug at her face. The lock of her hair was carefully secured to the chamber in the hour glass bottom via two prongs.

"So much for the vaunted Jedi morality--"

"You lecturing us on morality is like a Mandalorian telling someone blasters are too savage a weapon of war." The Man in White interrupted. "Considering who you once were...its so sad to see you this way."

Phyre looked at the strange masked man. "Do I know you?" She asked, bracing herself for the horror about to ensue.

This only earned her silence from the Man in White.

"Begin the ritual." He said curtly.

The other robed and masked people around Darth Phyre began to chant. Phyre winced in real pain as the flesh started to tug on her face.

"There is a historical precedent, of course..." The Man in White trailed as Phyre began to howl and thrash in agony in her chains, the flesh on her skin rupturing and ripping parts of itself away starting with her face. She thrashed, her blood and flesh flinging itself into the top of the hour glass, where it swirled as a cloud of gore. Phyre screamed in agony everounce of blood and tissue, even the marrow, ripping itself from the bones, which thrashed still, even until the very end, when the brain leaked out through the eye sockets and swirled into the top of the glass, which was quickly sealed.

Phyre's skeleton, still clad in the white and gold chrome suit, clattered lifelessly into a heap.

The Man in White stared at the lock of hair suspended in the bottom. Watched as the blood and tissue flowed to the bottom chamber, and into the lock of hair which seemed to swell and wriggle as an entire human body's worth of tissue seemed to vanish into the dark red lock, which turned a fiery orange red.

The Man in White stared at the lock of hair, the hour glass now empty of blood and gore.

"Now for phase two, my old friend..."

Syd collapsed. Trembling in shock at what had been revealed.

It made a perfect, twisted sense, in truth. If you are going to make a weapon to kill Sith, your base has to start with something that can anticipate what a Sith will do.

She had not just been made this way, after all. She should have known no mere smoke demon could be twisted into forming a soul, not even with the incredible magic of The Calculus. You needed a living soul.

Syd was silent, stunned. She felt her legs get weak as she looked for a nearby wall to steady herself on...

[member="Willa Isard"]

[member="Syd Celsius"]

Willa was looking at her and watched, she listened to her, she listened to the force and she could feel the heat of it. Whatever this was, whatever had happened here was not exactly well something she was used to. Willa thought back to what she had encountered before with rangers and one or two others. She had taught pyrokinesis to them as if they were children and had seen many trying to use it. It brought snickers to her compared to them though as the first real test of a vahla within the ember was to control the inner fire and she moved looking at her as she leaned against the wall trying to come to terms with what was happening.

She was watching her but she was moving towards the woman and spoke. her voice coming out. "Whatever this is, whatever has happened here. You need to remain in control, vahla children the first thing they are taught is how to suppress their inner fire and not burn down the house. Whatever you are feeling, if you start burning or raging it is only going to endanger our people who are here to support you understand." She said it but wasn't making it to be upsetting... more she was trying to keep the girl focused for a moment so that they would be abel to investigate and figure out a whole lot more about it.

They killed the original me by essentially casting her into a blender.

The more Syd thought about it, the more sense it made, all the little things, her appearance, her instinctive understanding of Lightsaber Combat and Magic (Which only spoke volumes as to the power the original her had wielded.)

The followers of the Bogan...they had always said she was being used. Had they known who she was, even back then? Was that why they had constantly tried to turn her, because they instinctively knew the truth.

Despite there being plenty of Oxygen, Syd had trouble breathing. She was made from a Sith. Her very power lay in destruction itself. Winning through attrition.

Syd's disgust towards the Man in White only increased...as did her curiosity.

She had never asked who he was. It had simply never occured to her to ask. To her, he was simply her creator, one equal parts helpful and enigmatic...almost condescending at times. But she had never heard so much as a peep.

Had that been some sort of revenge on his part for her crimes? Having her serve him and never telling her as some sort of private joke--!?

Syd's anger actually threatened to boil over. [member="Willa Isard"] tried to calm her but she was just so infuriated at the revelation.

She had been enslaved. What did any of her deeds count for?

Syd nodded, literally having to force herself to stop thinking of the Man in White. But the anger just kept getting stronger.

The gold and white chrome suit behind the display seemed to shift a little.

The barely finished sarcophagus at the center cracked a hellish red light. Syd instinctively wanted to leave the room but something...enticed her to stay. The familiarity, perhaps.

Syd swooned a little.

"Willa...I think there is something evil going on in this place...I...I feel strange..."

This was not the place for it. If the old her were better at magic than the new her...who knows what she could have set in motion by just walking into the place.

The hellish red glow of the sarcophagus interior grew brighter in the exposed crack on the outer surface...Syd felt a tugging in her skin...

[member="Syd Celsius"]

Willa was looking at her and keeping her senses around the room.. she knew how dangerous a moment like this could be from her experience with the ember and it was a dangerous time. Isolde was a vahla like her, had been skilled like her and had been darkside born and bred like her.. the temptation was always there and a vahla felt the fires of anger and passion strongly compared. Her dark eyes remained lined with a golden glow that seemed to get more bright as the energy in the room increased. Fire... life... power.... passion... energy. She knew a couple ways that one could contain it but moved quickly.

"Focus on me." She reached and grabbed at her, to steady her and keep her from swooning or falling to the ground but also to draw her attention to her. The vahla pulling at the fire and energy around as she focused it into a barrier around them. Swirling flames making different colors before she was partially ignoring the robes but had all attentionon Syd. "THe past is the past whatever happened to you will not be changed if you dwell on it. Learn from it, use this... you are more, you can be more then just an experiment, more then just something they made from the ashes of a dead woman."

One year before Darth Phyre's execution...

Phyre clipped to her belt a purple curved hilt lightsaber, clad in her white suit.

It was one of many a time she had met the Jedi in battle, real battle. Not one or two, but multiple.

It was her glory days, the plague winding down but not over, the suffering, the death, the cruelty on each affected planet an endless source of nourishment and pleasure for the Sithspawn Witch, still thirsting ever for more to turn, more to corrupt or butcher or both, and not necessarily in that order. She had arrived on Dantooine, pursuing a pair of Jedi on the run after producing a child strong in the Force. Ordinarily Phyre did not take children for training, preferring those who were old enough to decide for themselves what they wanted, but The Brain Demon had insisted. This one was too powerful to ignore.

Her starship, a modified Star Courier with all white armor, settled down on the grassy plains of Dantooine in the early dawn, close to what would eventually become Loste Citadel. They had fled here, to this ancient refuge if The Jedi, seeking a place to hide. But there was nowhere they could go that Darth Phyre could not or would not follow. She would sacrifice their blood, feed and annoint the child with the blood of their family. A supreme blessing. She was a regular evangelist.

She left her sanctum, calling the power of hate to infuse a corrupt, seething flesh underneath a curvy, athletic exterior, the power of the flame, with her since her awakening in The Darkness, danced in a rotting mind as she floated above the grass in her white and gold chrome outfit. She could almost smell them in the Force. Their desperation. Their fear of her. She had done things that would make prisoners on death row recoil. She found it addictive, as always.

She lived the Bogan. Breathed it. She would make them suffer slowly for making her chase them. The Jedi were powerful, true, and Phyre had honestly considered corrupting them also. But they were too much slaves to the light. It would be more trouble than it was worth, and Phyre was in the mood for slaughter.

Moldy yellow orbs peered out of an exotic face as she scanned the landscape. All the animals had fled on instinct at her approach, including the insects. If the bacteria could have fled, it probably would have as well. The clouds were a dark blue and the Sithspawn sneered at the feeling of the light within this place. Draining the life from the grass she stepped on out of spite as she approached an old but large circular gathering of stones with murals of ancient Jedi carved into the stone surfaces. The wind blew as coldly as Phyre's heart was small. She tasted death, breathed it in. Death all around. But not for her. 'Never' for her.

They waited next to a bright brown and white Dynamic Class Frieghter. This caused the Sith Lady to raise an eyebrow at the idea someone was flying a frieghter from such an ancient era. She could understand a yacht from that Era...she owned an X-70B Phantom Class Yacht called The Corrupted Flesh in addition to the Star Courier. But a frieghter. Times must have fallen hard on them. Phyre was amused by their poverty, for it only demonstrated her superiority.

They waited atop its hull, clad in black slacks and boots, with black, spiky jackets, wearing black masks which obscured their features and small, stylized black wings on the sides, at the temples. Both gripped black hilted lightsabers with emitter shields on one side. What little Phyre could make of their skin revealed that while the man was with a leathery tan, the woman had skin white as paper. They had fled this creature, and her servants, for months now. But they had recently acquired some help. An edge. A last ditch effort to keep their baby out of Phyre's hands.

As Phyre came closer, she hissed a little under her breath as she saw the symbol of the Jedi Order in white emblazoned on their chest.

"So these are the infamous Crownwraithes..." Phyre said as she got closer, calling her lightsaber to her hand, its purple blade hissing to life. A hideous life.

"Why do you reject the honor that I bring? The scion of The Brain Demon 'herself' would bless your child, induct her into the many treasures of the dark. Perhaps even you could find meaning in the Bogan's embrace."

"Oh, this is rich, my love, the creature thats beyond saving thinks to preach to us." Morris Crownwraithe rumbled in a deep voice from atop the ship, blue lightsaber activating.

"A beast such as you has no grounds to talk about saving 'anything'. You will not have our daughter, Witch." The woman, Lysandra Crownwraithe spoke.

"So its a girl..." Phyre smiled. "I can sense her, even now. She will make a powerful champion of The Brain Demon. Give her to me, and 'maybe' I'll give you a quick death."

Lysandra force jumped from the top of the ship with her husband. They could feel the seething corruption that animated her body like a snake in their mind. Morris took a Shien Stance, Lysandra a Makashi open. Phyre snarled and her flesh wiggled on her bones like rats were moving underneath as she tried to simply ignite both their bodies through will alone. But the Ashla was strong in them, and held back her dark will.

Phyre's flesh stopped wriggling and she hissed at them, the next attempt at death-by-fire coming from it pouring from her mouth onto both of them. She snarled when she realized they were wearing thermal capacitance belts. High quality ones at that. The pair finally stucks, both at once, and Phyre retreated from and overhead swipe from Morris, just barely in time to parry Lysandra's stab. The pair were skilled in attacking together, both flanking from her sides and swiping at her limbs. The Sithspawn's purple blade intercepted the two spiky jacketed warriors attacks, deftly driving them to the side or to each others blades, but the Crownwraithes were fast wiley, and, most importantly, genuinely talented. Phyre actually had to think out her defense, trying to counter Morris's heavy but focused attacks that left no room for mistakes and Lysandra's ghostly speed and cunning at the same time. Her purple blade whipped and twisted this way and that to fend off their strikes, Phyre never staying still too long for them to corner her. The wind blew the grass around them harder as a storm begin to roll in.

"Your skill is impressive the both of you. But your power will ultimately break before mine."

"Your are a disease in an era already filled with it. We will die before we let you infect our child."

"My thoughts exactly." Phyre sneered, muscles and veins bulging as she slipped into a Force Rage, her purple blade slashing for their heads, bashing against their weapons. The Crownwraithes faded out of her strikes, their blades glancing off her armor. Morris got into a bladelock with her, and Lysandra pulled out a strange black medallion with a black and green jewel at the center, and focused the light within herself.

The crystal glowed with a pink light. Phyre snarled as her flesh tugged away from her skeleton desperately trying to escape the range of the glowing light, pulling against her skeleton. The Sithspawn thrashed as Morris's lightsaber went into her chest, spilling yellowed, putrid smelling muscle and intestine that burned in purple flame as it made contact with the air. The damage grew worse, a fissure cracking open the suit and Phyre's skin underneath, spilling now black blood that caught fire and burnt the grass. Phyre force-pushed Morris away, causing him to slam into the hull of the frieghter, removing his lightsaber even as muscles and skin began tearing away from the skull, which was exposed, a slick, geaming white in the morning air and opened its jawbone, corrupted musculature still trying to latch back onto it, even as it shuddered in the light of the crystal Lysandra exposed her to.

Red Force Lightning erupted from behind the jaw, smacking into the crystal and destroying it, flinging Lysandra backward, and electrocuting her also.

The ripped open creature staggered to Lysandra, cackling psychotically as it fell on her. Lysandra screamed as Phyre began to tear the life force out of her through touch alone. Lysandra was too injured from the powerful red lightning to properly resist, and ended up rotting in seconds, Phyre's body and army stitching back together as she rose to face Morris.

"Your wife was barely a snack..." Phyre taunted, telekinetically raising Lysandra's lightsaber and crushing it, throwing the parts at Morris.

Morris suppressed his anguish at his wife's fate. They were buying time. It had all been to buy time. Both Morris and Lysandra knew they were not leaving Dantooine alive. He said nothing to her.

"Your wife is dead. Your child is mine. Why continue?"

"Because our child isn't yours." Morris answered. "And she never will be."

Phyre snarled and flew towards him with the Force, Morris fought against her and attacked from all angles, the pair locked in a brutal contest, Phyre feeding off the fury and chaos of the moment to strengthen her. Morris focused only on staying alive long enough to delay her, avoiding several openings when he could have attacked solely because he could have been killed that much sooner. But eventually he got tired, wasn't fast enough to dodge the lightning from Phyre's throat. He was killed instantly as it struck him in the chest.

Phyre frowned. Already the day had not started right. She had meant to make their deaths protracted but the talisman they had used had thrown her for a loop. Oh well. The baby could be annointed in ash as much as blood she supposed...she might even use her own...

Phyre took Morris's lightsaber, using it to disfigure his face and mask before dismembering it along with the rotted, lifeless body of his wife, scattering the parts to the wind and heading up the ramp of the ship--

--where she was promptly blasted by a bolt of electric judgement. Her face burned and caught fire from the agony of exposure, staggering back as another woman in a long, tight fitting black armor with an armorweave cape stepped down the ramp, a lightsaber blade with an all black core and green aura snaked out of a hilt modeled after Ahsoka Tano's. She was a beauty, bronze skinned with very black curly, and long hair, her eyes were strange, the whites of them made a shiny copper color, the irises a solid, dark green, the pupil's white in color. The woman stared sadly at the body parts of her comrades, tossed carelessly about the grass.

"Forgive me my old friends. It was necessary..." Moya De Lifte spoke somberly, watching Phyre, who was still scorched, part of her skull exposed by the blast right herself.

"Jedi trash..." Phyre hissed at the newcomer, before blinking in recognition.

"You..."

"Hello, Phyre. It has been some time since our last dispute..." Moya spoke, angling her lightsaber blade at the Sithspawn.

"Hopefully this dispute really 'will' be the last one..." Phyre snapped, emitting a stream of flames from her hand...

Moya sighed, holding out her hand and using force absorbtion to draw the flame into it. Phyre struck, and Moya defended in utter patience, her one handed Soresu intercepting the blade seemingly before Phyre knew where she would attack. "Away from my prize..." Phyre sneered at Moya. "I come here to annoint a champion."

"Indeed, there is a champion here, but she will not be a champion of The Darkness..." Moya spoke making Phyre flinch backward and guard with her blade as the electric judgement grinded against the blade. "You will not claim her..."

Phyre's flesh moved and stretched and bunched up in places under the suit trying to escape the radius of the judgement as it grinded on her blade, leaving her quite deformed looking. She called on her hatred to resist, and some of her flesh stopped fissuring and tearing at the Ashla's presence.

"Your...pretty...green...light...won't save you forever." Phyre gasped, face stretching away from her skeleton as she broke the Force Lock, sending a gigantic fireball that made Moya dodge the ensuing blast.

"Yet again, our old stalemate..." Phyre hissed as Moya righted herself, making sure the ship had not been damaged. Phyre raised a burned eyebrow. "What's your game, Moya?"

The ship started to lift off. Phyre suddenly sensed magic, and remembered Moya was a fairly talented witch herself.

"What have you done?" Phyre asked as Moya guarded.

"I am a powerful seer, as you well know..." Moya admitted stoically. "And in every future where Julia stays in this era, you inevitably acquire her. But if Julia takes the long route to the future, via dathomiri magic sabotaging the hyperdrive to create a slow hyperspace jump..."

Phyre instantly knew Moya's logic...and how Moya had robbed her blind. The Crownwraithes had tricked her. This was why they stalled.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Phyre roared as the frieghter blasted off into a sabotaged jump, knocking them both back to the grass.

Moya was the first up...just in time to stop Phyre's angry slash for her head.

"SHE WAS MINE!" Phyre screeched. "MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!" Each word was followed by an enraged blow.

Moya backhanded the Sith backward.

"I shall leave you to stew in your failure, now, Sith." Moya said coldly. "But know this: your punishment is coming."

"There is nowhere to run from me..." Phyre snarled, charging.

Moya parried the next few attacks, almost lazily, before shredding part of her foe's corrupted body with more electric judgement, which finally took the fight out of her a little, making Phyre drop to one knee, still guarding.

"In every future where I stay, I either kill you...or you kill me. Much good could and would come of killing you now. But I play the long game, and only the good that can come of sparing you stays my hand."

"I will 'never' be a source of your precious good!" Phyre snapped angrily at her, stretching out her essence to feed on the plant life around her. It restored her, but slowly. She rose, ready to attack, albeit not fully healed.

"Not yet..." Moya replied, and just as Phyre's purple blade was brought down, Moya vanished using the White Current, in a great burst of light.

The Sithspawn screamed at the sky at how her day had gone.

Syd shook, her body rippling as her memories and the magic of the enchanted skeleton in the sarcophagus reacted.

Syd screamed as her shel deformed like putty, bunching up and flowing out of her red suit and into the crack in the sarcophagus. The white suit burst through the case just as the sarcophagus lid shattered, flowing onto the body of the restored Sithspawn underneath.

Phyre opened her eyes, clad in her white suit, remade anew, while Syd's empty red and gold suit clattered lifelessly to the floor.

Darth Phyre turned to face [member="Willa Isard"] and the other Jedi.

"Ooo. Breakfast..." Phyre smiled wickedly, before opening her mouth and letting a large stream of red flame out towards them...

Last edited:
[member="Syd Celsius"]

Willa was watching her... the span of centuries going by in mere heart beats as Syd seemed to be focusing on something and she moved aside when she started to ripple. Her attention on what Syd was doing and motioning with her hand for the others who were with them to get back. Then there was flame and she could feel it across her skin as the vahla remained there with her eyes bruning as she controlled the flames and pushed the others away. Where she was allowing the force itself to go across her skin as she felt the fires but nothing was bruning her. If there was someone who might be best suited for a flame war it was a vahla after all.

"Oh this is not good." She looked past the fire towards Phyre with a determined look on her face before they might be able to talk againa nd she looked at the outfit Syd was wearing. Willa held a hand out to move the flame away from her face and raised an eyebrow. "Now, we are going to have to try and not spray everything with fire... as fun as it can be." She said it while looking and allowing the force to roll across her skin. in the suit it was effortless and with her own capabilities the flames were wrapping around and staying in the room more like a whirlwind of flame to consume the oxygen.

"I would stop." She knew how to do it and was working to try and make a vortex on Phyre, suffocating the oxygen from it would weaken the flame at least a little and long enough to try and get her to calm down and start listening to reason as far as the vahla was concerned... the other part would likely revolve around her using cognitive restructuring.... or in other words she was going to have to hit her really really hard in the head until she stopped acting like a fool and wanting to kill everything... that wasn't a good way to make and retain the friends you had around yourself.

Nine months before the execution of Darth Phyre.

Darth Phyre meditated in the ancient black cavern that housed an even blacker fire that stretched before her over a precipice, seemingly as wide as an ocean.

The failure to acquire Julia had been the first real setback, her first true failure. She could adjust for all the damage to her operations that had been inflicted on her previously by Moya De Lifte, but losing her champion. Whom she had dreamed of, seen visions of but hazy, indistinctly. She knew the champion would be creating mountains of corpses, but nothing about who they were personally, only a bloodshine blade in the crossguard configuration. She had only learned it was a she, and her name was Julia on the spot.

Moya had slipped up.

Phyre had used the power of the black lake, set under where the ancient castle of the Li-Ves once rested, to try peering into the future. But it was always in motion. But then she saw her.

To her rage, she saw Julia as a common scavenger, looking through trash recepticles for food on what appeared to be Nar Shaddaa. Her face was blurry. Indistinct. She saw only the rags covering a blurry figure. Try as she might, she could not improve the image quality of Julia's face. This was due to the fact Julia was now hundreds of years in the future.

Phyre snarled as she watched her blurry champion be accosted by what looked to be a pair of gangmembers. She was beaten, any money she had was taken, and she was left for dead. This was unacceptable to Phyre. Julia would need means to protect herself. To grow stronger.

Phyre smirked.

"It is my destiny to guide you to greatness, Julia..." she whispered darkly at her hazy, indistinct champion, who she had grown steadily obsessed with locating ever since the dreams of the champion started.

"You shall have my blessing. My knowledge. I shall send you gifts..."

Phyre removed a weapon from a nearby case. An Atrisian Shikomizue, a sword cane concealed in a black sheath. This was one of the few bits of knowledge from before her time as Darth Phyre, along with the Pyrokinesis.

She shoved it into her chest, through the chrome white suit she wore, white blood spilling out as she cut downward. She reached in, calling on the Dark to sustain herself, as she pulled out her own heart, a beating, unholy muscle of pure white tissue. She took a simple, brown, blank, hand made book of her own skin and squeezed the blood onto the book. It swelled and pulsed as she spoke dark, unholy things so foul its not safe to even attempt to write them, and the book pulsed and wriggled as her knowledge of the Shikomizue enscribed itself into the book. The heart, squeezed completely of blood, shriveled and condensed into her hand, until it was a purple crystal that glowed with a copy of her corrupt soul.

She flicked the blood off her prize cane sword, now meant as a gift to her successor, and sheathed it. She would send these items to Nar-Shaddaa. They would be hid there, and they would call to her in her dreams until she found them, not knowing their nature or the significance of her favor.

"You shall know strength because of me. You shall survive your first years because I will it. You and I 'will' meet my dear Julia Crownwraithe. You and I shall command the dark as Master and Heir, as we were always meant to..."

It must be emphasized, this person was crazy AF.

She peered into the vision. Six months down, she saw her ragged champion, still blurry and indistinct, hesitantly walk into a strange, hidden chapel in the bowels of Nar Shaddaa. She saw her champion spot the flesh tome, the crystal, and the sword, all lying on an alter...surrounded by the corpses of fools who had tried to take Julia's rightful inheritance.

Phyre's regrown heart in her healed chest swelled with perverse pride as the girl's curiosity won out, approaching the alter. To her credit, the blurry champion looked for traps. But there were none. Not that she could see them. And not that they were for her.

Phyre grinned savagely as the blurry girl took the sword and the book. But she frowned as her hand hovered over the crystal and left it.

"Cautious little one..." Phyre remarked. "Scared away by the most innocuous of the three..."

Phyre felt something akin to a blow to her massive, massive ego when she watched the girl draw the sword on instinct and brought its edge down on the crystal, shattering it in the future and using the sheath to scatter the pieces all through the ancient chapel.

"Paranoid too..." Phyre snarled, feeling fundamentally rejected. But the girl took the other items. She did not reject clear advantages. They were written in Atrisian, so they would expand her mind as well, the cursed book constantly reinforcing Phyre's knowledge of the weapon as she slept in whatever filthy alley she could hide in. But she had utterly rejected the crystal. Phyre decided to send it with the rest to Nar Shaddaa anyway, as the future was always in motion. Julia might not decide to destroy it at the last moment.

But even if she did...even a copy of the great Darth Phyre was not so easily vanquished...

Phyre ceased her efforts to see the future, rose, and telepathically summoned her underlings to begin the morning sacrifice of infants to the flame...

Present day...

Darth Phyre snarled as Willa Isard Willa Isard attempted to cut off her oxygen. Her newly regrown flesh shuddered as she fought away Willa's attempt with raw hatred, body bulging and warping as though it had rats underneath it, horrifying the other Jedi present.

It was clear, taking one look into Phyre's eyes, that nothing of Syd Celsius was present. It simply was not there. There was only the raw brutality and sadism of Darth Phyre, and they were all dead if they did not fight or flee.

Powerful red fire belched out of her throat, one Jedi barely throwing up a Force Bubble.

"Run! Everyone run!" He yelled.

"Yes, run. The adrenaline will add to your fear..." Phyre sneered, Force Choking the Jedi creating the barrier, only for another to Force Push Phyre face first into a wall, where it violently split open on impact, causing her to let out inhuman squeals as white blood utterly putrid with the Dark Side spilled out of her smashed face. She began throwing fireballs everywhere at random. One Jedi grabbed the red suit that had belonged to Syd, still lifeless on the floor of the tomb and ran, yelling for the others to follow deeper into the tomb complex while Phyre was stunned.

There was the heat there... there was the power of it and this being was intense as she focused on the force itself and held a hand out to make a small tunnel. The force was there but fire to a vahla was theirs... this being was not better then the ember itself while she felt her eyes glowing golden with fire and her body shimmered with a shield to protect her clothing... she had learned that the first few times making and controlling flames as it wasn't exactly beneficial to handle flames and burn off all of your clothing. Willa herself was focused o it and her inner vahla flared out while she brought her hand to let the others run away and force pushed them outwards while cycling it to pull the flames back to her.

She brought them into a circle as Phyre was speaking and the jedi fled.. Willa knew two things... keeping this up would bring down where they were... vaporizing from the heat everything around them would be quite a sight to behold... but this jedi turned darkside creation needed to reconnect with herself and calm down which would require sweat and blood while she pulled the fired into her mouth opening it and holding her head up. Like she had seen Isolde do when she pulled it in and her body was focusing on absorbing the heat and energy to herself supercharging her. "Now that puts a fire in ones belly." Willa smirked as she was standing there.

Her brow was knitted and tight, her eyes narrowed and focused on looking at Phyre before she spoke. "You are going to need to calm down Syd.... before I really have to make you." She let her voice drip with some enjoyment... she had been a few things... a soldier, a jedi guardian and fighter but she knew how to fight... she rveled in it despite the disadvantages of not having actual bones to be in most highimpact combat situations. Now Willa was moving and had her hands out as she focused the flames into twin blade like daggers in reverse grips and they shifted from orange to red to a blue with almost white flames dancing from the heat.

Darth Phyre snarled as the evil of the tomb began to repair her face.

Dark red hot flames were conjured in her hand.

"No mere Vahla could ever hope to match my power..." Phyre sneered, sending waves and blasts of heat her way to try and destroy Willa Isard Willa Isard utterly, wanting to see her flesh roast. She rushed forward, trying to drain Willa's life force.

Meanwhile...

Leda Soma, Jedi Master, was to be subverted. Consumed.

The Amalgam had ambushed her during one of her assignments. Her defeat had been a casual thing, despite her power.

An elderly woman with Dark Hair, Ada was not just any Master. She had been the woman who taught Laertia Io Juyo. A friendly face under her permanent control was a must.

It was also personal. She had nearly stolen Io away from her. Once. Nearly.

Leda stood, paralyzed by a blood spell in the middle of the forest, clad in a long gown of armor weave with red hair. The Amalgam smirking as she approached, having slain all the people she had been guarding to wear her down psychologically. She had done it slowly, painfully slowly, arranging their organs ritualistically. But now it was time for the main course...

"I wonder how loud..." the Amalgam gloated, placing her hands on the elderly woman's face...

"...Your soul shall scream as I devour it..." She pondered. "Let's see, shall we?"

Leda shrieked as The Amalgam began to viciously tear her mind out of her body, her flesh rippling from the wicked act. As it turned out, Leda's soul could scream very, very loudly, a long drawn out death knell that the purple eyed beast savored, flesh wriggling like there were rats underneath as every single portion of Leda's mind was viciously consumed, metabolized, and perverted by the evil within to its own ends. Leda's eyes rolled into her head, mouth slack as the Amalgam then sucked the life energy out of her body, rotting it so badly it disintegrated.

The Amalgam's flesh on most of her body soon stopped shuddering in the moonlight, her face wriggling still however, rearranging itself to Leda's appearance for a few seconds before it went back to her regular, near impossibly beautiful appearance.

That took care of her major chore/pleasure for the week, now to--

The Amalgam went still, feeling a dark aura erupt that rivalled her own. She felt it, knew who it was, for the Unholy Spirit whispered it to her.

Darth Phyre had been reborn at the place of her demise. So that was why the Darkness had really led her to this place.

The Amalgam was powerful, but Phyre might be more powerful still.

Imagine if she could consume her mind...it might well double her strength in the Dark Side.

The Amalgam grinned, deciding to test out her new public face.

She used the blood of her victims to draw the wards for the ritual. And within it she sat, but not before stripping off her skin tight flesh colored armor and hiding it, putting on the dead woman's armorweave gown.

She then meditated, the remains of her victim's already rotting mind bubbling up and being fixed in place over hers. The Amalgam allowed herself to be submerged within the False Persona, her flesh wriggling until she resembled the woman in body as well as mind.

In a daze, "Leda Soma" rose, the flesh on her face still wriggling as she walked away from the site of the original's murder and to the tomb of Darth Phyre, Lightsaber at hand, her aura that of a Light Adept.

But deep down, it was the Amalgam swimming within hungering for the chance to devour the soul of the first leader of the cult she now controlled. All that she would need to do is get close enough.

Leda, however, believed she was merely investigating an unusually powerful disturbance, ready to render assistance to all in need of it...

Last edited:
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius or Darth Phyre was strong... Willa had to admit to it... almost as strong as Isolde and the Emper of Vahl had been but they had been taken down and she remained there as even her armor was starting to heat up. The cooling system starting to steam but she focused allowing the flames she was using to create more a super loop as the flame and energy rebounded. It was building up as her flames went from cherry reddish orange to sky blue with a core of darker blue flame. The look on her face while she burned with a snarl forming in her mouth. "You are strong but there is one thing...." She looked upon Syd for the moment and moved her knife out of its sheath for a moment as it could resist long enough when she squeezed. The combat blades were designed to eject the blade with compressed air used for escape pods so it was like firing off a shot as she aimed it to try and go into the sith lords knee cap itself.

Darth Phyre smirked, catching the blade with telekinesis.

"Points for creativity. My turn..." Phyre said with an inhuman smirk of glee.

She hissed something too unholy to write down or repeat, and the entire room was covered in dark red flames.

Horrible, tentacled abominations of flame and debris began to rise from the flames, Phyre's flesh wriggling disgustingly as she channelled the Dark Magic, directing the abominations towards Willa Isard Willa Isard , chanting another spell

"Bogan, a spear of flame engulfs my victim."

A fiery, spear construct formed in her hands, hurling it at Willa.

As soon as she killed this annoying flea, the search for Julia would have to immediately resume. The Cult must be reconstituted. The Unholy Spirit must be appeased with the blood of the innocent. Phyre thirsted to torture someone. Anyone.

An armor piercing round from behind burst open her stomach, making her drop to one knee, stunned.

(Character Theme Song Power Up)

(Theme: The World is Not Enough, by Garbage)

A series of rapid fire armor piercing rounds ripped through Phyre's head, blasting half of it off. The Dark Side still polluted all of Phyre's body, and it wasn't open before her blasted open white innards were lashing themselves together, forcing the shooter to empty more rounds into her body. But the Dark repaired it quickly.

A number of debris pieces lifted themselves telekinetically and slammed into Phyre's ruined body, tearing it to pieces a little further, leaving it riddled with concrete shrapnel.

The shooter stepped forward, holding a black lever action rifle. She was clad in brown and black armored civilian clothing with a hood. She had pink skin, and great beauty...but a glum look.

As she watched the pieces of Phyre's body pull together, blood and all, slowly starting to push the shrapnel out, she sighed.

"Long time no see, Cidd." Maranon, Keeper of The Six Blasphemies, uttered in a dry, sober fashion. The abominations Phyre had conjured turned to her, only for Maranon to cast a massive wave of cold air--freezing air--that doused their very existence. It also froze pieces of Phyre's body also, buying more time.

She seemed sad as she regarded the body, her own dark presence in The Force laced with melancholy and emotional burnout and--though she dare not admit it due to her extreme vanity, which raged even now within her-guilt.

Her walk was aggravated, almost distraught as she approached Willa non hostile...and then proceeded to walk right past her...

"She can't be killed. Not here, not while the power of the tomb courses through her flesh..." Maranon grumbled, slowly reloading as she went deeper into the maze.

"Come with me if you want to live." She called out heading deeper...

Last edited:
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Maranon Maranon

Willa could feel it now... there was some heat and that vahla pride wanted to show... that anger... that fury that someone was trying to do... someone had the audacity to try and use the flame that was so rightfully theirs. No she controlled her anger but her eyes glowed as her hair she could feel it burning away... eyebrows and he short cut hair against her skull. The moisture in her mouth was going dry... the saliva was gone but she didn't feel like she was going to burn... and then suddenly the woman was frozen and calming when Willa looked at the other who had come into the fight. Her eyes narrowing and arms coming up as she checked her equipment... the bulk of it used the synthweave which the more heat it had the stronger it became... drying it out exponentially increased its strength. She was looking at the newcomer though and her mind was tellingher two things... first danger... lots and lots of danger... second hotness... likely what she was going for but as Willa touched the burnt ends of her hair she spoke. "And I just regrew this after fighting with Isolde."

Phyre's remains gradually thawed, pieces lashing themselves back together. The Sithspawn opened her eyes and swore to skin the woman who had dared to attack her. Then she would find Julia and turn her.

She felt the presence of a falsity enter the tomb. Too familiar with the magic being used to be taken by surprise, the reborn Darth Phyre could only smirk as her successor entered the tomb, trying to hide the fact she was like her by not even daring to remember it.

Phyre smiled at the elderly looking creature angling a Jedi lightsaber at her, trying to hide the monster underneath until it would be too late for Phyre to react. Phyre sneered inwardly at this but hid her emotion at The Amalgam's pitiful attempt.

Phyre turned to face the false Jedi.

"Your reign is at an end, Sith."

"Girl..." Phyre trailed with a clear air of contempt "Please..."

A flick of her hand and the dark magics of the Brain Demon restrained her successor, her flesh wriggling its way back to the Amalgam's preferred appearance, the spell having been forcibly broken by Phyre's will, who coughed violently from the dark power restraining her.

The Amalgam's flesh still wriggled as she was frozen in place.

"I see you have taken up the cause of The Unholy Spirit. Good. I sense your blood drenched soul, gleeful with the slaughter of the innocent. But more is needed. I know...I'll add me..." the Sith sneered, hand reaching out.

The Amalgam broke the dark lock on her body, panicking as she swiped at Phyre's head. Phyre snarled, red lightning escaping her throat and lashing towards the Amalgam's chest, which it impacted violently against, sending the shrieking witch into the wall.

Phyre advanced, skin wriggling as red flames danced on its surface...

Meanwhile...

Maranon grimly led Willa Isard Willa Isard through the half finished, crumbling maze work, haphazardly laying blood wards past every piece of rubble she knocked dow. But it was so hard to focus.

Sometimes she was every bit the seductive arrogant sorceress she presented herself as. Other times she was on the verge of coming apart on the inside. Ever since Maple Harte had laid precisely what was wrong with Maranon's character in terms of retaining lovers in an epic, Captain Kirk-esque manner, Maranon had suffered a slow nervous breakdown that had left her so horribly lacking in confidence that sometimes it was a struggle to get out of bed.

She didn't even know why she was here really, trying to stop Isard and the others from being murdered. But ever since learning just how insane she had been driven by The Curse of The Phoenix, the spiral that had culminated in Darth Phyre, Maranon could not help but feel personally responsible for everything she had done.

"I need you to tell me exactly what happened. What caused Cidd to morph back into that monster?" Maranon asked during a lull in the running.

"Depending on the method, I might be able to reverse it...

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

Willa could feel the force and she could feel Syd coming back as sxhe walked and observed this creature who had helped her. She wasn't humanoid more she was something else and had the smell of force magics on her. The vahla snorted for a moment as she was cooling down as much as she could before she spoke. "We founbd a tomb and she seemed different then was talking about how the tombs was hers." She said it with a look for a moment thinking back about what had happened. "Then she seemed to keep getting stronger and if it had been anyone else aside from me I don't think they would have known how to handle an angry spirit who likes to spew flames." She said it with a look on her face and she knew how to do many things but handling spirits like what thee vahla did invoking their goddess and Isolde had done jsut that to horrifying effect. "But flames and spirits are easier for a vahla to handle."

"Alright, look, that beast isn't a spirit any longer. That is Darth Phyre. A very powerful and Evil SithSpawn. Normally, I could crush her without thinking about it. But I...I have not been myself lately." Maranon explained to Willa Isard Willa Isard and the other Jedi as they moved through the maze interior. Maranon was barely able to focus the magic in her blood to create magical traps to impede Phyre's progress.

"We need to find somewhere to barricade in this maze. Buy enough time to reverse the effect of this tomb." The Zeltron woman grumbled. "I could use a drink right about this point...why didn't I think to bring the flask--?!"

Maranon suddenly signalled for everyone to stop. The floor ahead was covered in black fog. Maranon struggled, wincing as she held out her hand, whispering. The fog fluttered, but refused to dissipate.

"CHIT!" Maranon swore, losing her confidence. She turned to Willa.

"Any ideas?! We do NOT wanna go back the way we started."

Meanwhile...

The Amalgam lay on a make shift Alter, literally held in stasis by The Dark Side. The fight, if you could call it that, had been short.

Darth Phyre stood over her successor, whose flesh wriggled unnaturally as she tried to break the Stasis.

"Such knowledge of Julia as you have provided makes you too valuable to truly destroy. 'I' am the leader of this Cult. No other..."

Phyre clutched The Amalgam's face, and the skin on both their bodies shuddered as Darth Phyre forcibly copied her personality onto the The Amalgam's.

When Darth Phyre removed her hands, another Darth Phyre rose from the altar. The Amalgam had been completely subverted. Her personality was now little more than an article of clothing for the real Master to hide behind.

"Silly girl wanted to be The Mindbinder. She got her wish..." the secondary Darth Phyre smirked.

"Penelope's reincarnation must not suspect anything." Phyre-Prime warned. "I have a strategy. I will find some way to 'lose' and allow them to restore me to that horrid light side version."

"Are you mental?!" Secondary Phyre exclaimed.

"Hear me out..." Phyre-Prime replied. "If I lose and am restored to that state, they will think they have won. They will have no reason to think anything else will be wrong, afterward. Then, when I am unsuspecting, you forcibly copy your mind onto me at a time and place of your choosing, I can hide beneath the remains of my light side personality after I am restored, and come out and cause havoc when I feel like it. They don't know about you."

Secondary Phyre paused, rubbing her chin.

"Clever. But what if I cannot succeed at copying myself? I could be destroyed in the attempt. Would it not be easier to just copy myself on a blank body?"

"You could do that. But then you lose the advantage of a double agent in The Jedi. Besides, it's enough for you to deal with only a single copy of yourself...you really want to divide your attention between two?"

Secondary Phyre shrugged. "Its still risky."

"Its a risk we must accept."

The Phyre in the dress proceeded to walk out of the tomb while Darth Phyre headed into the maze to find a way to deliberately lose without it being obvious...

Meanwhile the Phyre in the dress concentrated, flesh writhing as she walked, mind and form disappearing into that of The Amalgam, now a puppet, convinced she had failed to reach Phyre before she reverted back to being Syd and had barely escaped with her life.

"Drat..." the Amalgam said, totally ignorant of just how badly her gamble had failed.

Suffice to say, when this monster was reached on Kar Shian by Maple Harte and Laertia Io months later, there were more than a few nasty surprises in store...surprises no one was expecting...

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

She could feel things around them shifting in the maze as she was walking and listening to the zeltron with a raised eyebrow. It was burned as was most of her hair.. her skin was fine but her hair had a habit like with most of burning... she just couldn't feel it as she stretched out. The lack ofbones letting her move her arms while some of the jedi who had managed to flee and survive the intense heat were walking with her. "Ah commander Isard... what are we going to do... that is not exactly a standard opponent or something we understand... we could barely even get close to her without you there." He said it and Willa turned to look with a nod of her head.

"That was what you get when someone is trying to be a god or worse doesn't know what price has to be paid. The vahla in me wants to crush it for being a heretic but Syd has been known to us.. she has been a friend." She said it as the Zeltron was leading them through and into an area with the black mist on the floor as Willa stepped forward. Allowing the force to shimmer as a heat shield around her and she sent it out when the flames went blue and then white with the heat. She was making a space for them as the shield expanded outwards to enclose around them and it raised the temperature several degrees but she was keeping it modulated.

"We go forward." She said it and she was moving now with her hands clenching and unclenching as she wanted to grab her weapons and head back... there was one way or another she knew how to save a person and Syd... well she could think of the best way being radical cognative reprogramming... she was going to punch her in the face until she remembered she was Syn and not this Phyre... it might take awhile and she might have to shoot her in the leg so she can't run away but she would have to do what was needed. The jedi ranger was allowing herself to focus and feel the force around her shield for changes that could be dangerous to their progress deeper into the maze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom