Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Magnificent Seven (Movie)

I'm left a little disappointed by the remake of an otherwise great movie. I feel like the trailers hyped me up a little too much for my own good.

On the flipside though, Haley Bennett on top form in that movie!

[member="Sear Gaalsien"] I've never seen the original (recently got it on Blu-ray after watching this) so taking that into the equation, I actually loved this film.

In a summer of high-CGI fantasy blockbusters, dire comedy and a general feeling of underwhelming movies coming out, seeing an old fashioned Western with practical sets and stunts, I was just so into it and entertained.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I thought it was an enjoyable western.

I'm also of the opinion that the original Magnificent Seven hasn't aged well at all, so I think I enjoyed this one quite a bit more.

Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (the original original) remains objectively superior, of course. But that's hardly a knock when you figure that Seven Samurai is one of the greatest films ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom