Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Machine of War Never stops Turning

Ardgal stood from his office, overlooking the factory bellow. The Deadspear Arensol was hard at work bellow, repairing and creating tanks. Massive machines turned the metal over, sitchwelding the quadranium steel into perfect plates of elegance and precision like they were small toys in their hands. The smaller mortals moved among them, weaving correct as required. From where he stood, it was a perfect sight in his eyes. Even through the soundproof transparisteel, slight vibrations could be heard. He had missed this during his endless freeze where time seemed to pass without end.

"Sir," Virgil announced her presence as she marched in. The beskar'gam clad Mandalorian officer's boots came to a halt right behind him, "We have word from an old contract looking for assistance."

Ardgal didn't move, he knew looking at Virgil would be pointless with her face covered by her T-slit visor. "Who and what?"

"Kay, the previous queen of Commenor. She is requesting our assistance with a new government venture." she paused, "Intel points to a possible empire, but the data is inconclusive."

Ardgal took a sharp inhale in through his nose. "Tell her to come."

"She requested we arrive sir, to Zakuul."

Her stoic nature didn't give away a single hair of emotion, Ardgal could only guess what she was feeling. "Prepare the Atonement. Full Godkiller compliment."

"You expect a trap, sir?"

"I always do, but no. I want them for a show of force," it was important, with his recent carbonite freezing and vanishing that his first contract be full of nothing less than pomp and power to show--Ardgal was not only back, he was stronger than ever before.

******​
When the Atonement landed on the surface of Zakuul, the loading ramp descended. 40 of the Godkillers ran out first, fanning out to the area and forming a line of attention. Their brute strength, raw power, and immaculate training was on full display. Next came Ardgal, wearing his Beskar'gam. His helmet was tucked under his arm, a step behind him came his Basilisk, Alexa, and Virgil encased in her armor from head to toe. Few things pleased Ardgal more than a proper military show of force. This was one of them. He stepped up to Kay, offering her a salute and a handshake.

"Good too see you, your Majesty. Long time no see," his voice was crisp, professional, if not almost mechanical. It was almost completely devoid of emotion, except a hint of happiness. He was doing what he loved. "What can I do for you?"

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was glad to hear that [member="Ardgal Raxis"] was going to come. It had felt like an age since she had seen her fellow clansman last. What had happened to him, she wasn't certain. But at least she had finally reached him.

His arrival was brought to her attention before his ship had touched down. She wasn't going to have him head to the top of the Spire. No. She was going down to meet him. He was family.

Viribus came aling with her. At 11 feet long he was still at a manageable size. Kay had fed him so that he was full, this way he'd be less cranky and less prone to wanting to eat her guests.

She kept her hand on his head as Ardgal and his team approached. This was a greater show of force than he used to bring with him. Perhaps it was just a bit of showing off. Either way, she had her own rows of Knights that stood armed and armoured behind her.

Kay took his hand in hers and gave it a firm shake. "Good to see you too. I am in need of....well...plenty. You providrd Commenor with plenty of arms and vehicles. I would be pleased if you could do the same for Zakuul. Shall we talk inside?"

He gave a single, measured nod at Kay's words. He remembered helping the queen stockpile her arms and build her army. It had been his pleasure and a matter of family honor. Once they had unfrozen him from carbonite, he had learned of Commenor's fall. He regretted not being there. His eyes were drawn to the large black dragon Kay brought with her. He offered the scaled companion a closed lip smile.

"Hello, little fella." He removed his crushgaunt, and if she and the massive beast would allow him, he gently placed the back of his hand on its nose between its nostrils. It was a soft touch, especially for a man of Ardgal's size. He gave the monster an admirable look over as he soothed it gently, "What I wouldn't give to weaponize you."

Properly introduced to one of the few beings large enough to kill Ardgal without much of a struggle, the general put his gantlet back on and attended to the real reason he came. Kay and helping her. He fell in step behind her as she inevitably lead him to their meeting spot. Virgil wasn't far behind, unless Kay told her to stay behind. She was his right hand; stoic, silent, calculating, and faithful beyond death itself. Alexa flanked him from the other side. The Basilisk came up behind him, forcing her head under his hand in a slight show of jealousy. Ardgal couldn't help but chuckle as he gave the droid a reassuring pat.

"No matter how mechanical we make them, somehow droids always seem to find a way to make themselves so human," he said to Kay as they passed through the halls. Alexa gave a satisfied whirl at his affection and fell back a step behind him.

When they finally arrived at their meeting room, Virgil took a spot next to the door at attention. Ardgal took a seat if there was one, if not, he stood at parade rest.

"Let me start by apologizing," he said, leaning in on his elbows. "I cannot tell you how sorry I am that I wasn't there when Commenor fell. I was," he gave a slight wince, "I was a POW. I regret not being able to fill my duty to you as a clansman and the missed opportunity to gain honor on the battlefield." For Ardgal, he felt the two pronged pain of both lost chances to further his honor. "And, I feel personally responsible in part since I armed Commenor." The general pressed his fingertips together, "What do you need this time for things to go differently?"

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Kay watched as [member="Ardgal Raxis"] moved to touch Viribus on the nose. As the dragon had a full belly, he was less grumpy and far less inclined to bite. So instead he just sniffed his hand.
"Viri is a weapong. But given that he's too young and little to fly, he could probably use some armour to protect his most vulnerable areas." Surely her clan brother would jump at that idea.

She led them all inside then, going up one of the lifts with guards in tow. Kay didn't bring them all the way to the top of the Spire, but just about halfway instead. That was where some of the meeting rooms were.

There was a long table in the middle where all were invited to sit. Viribus took his spot underneeth the table at everyone's feet so that he can sniff them all like crazy while undisturbed.

As Ardgal apologized, Kay listened carefully. She wanted to stop him but didn't. Sometimes people needed to unload things off their chests. "I know that if you could have been there for me, you would. There's no need to be sorry, no need to feel responsible. The fault is mine, for the most part. But it's in the past. I have a new purpose now." She folded her hands on top of the table. "The Eternal Army and Fleet used to be entirely comprised of droids. I'm going to utilize that, but also have living beings as well. I have some rifles and guns at my dusposal, but we'll need more firepower. I don't want to be unable to protect ourselves. With the First Order losing their influence, it's quite unstable in this area. I can't afford to remain pacifist. We must be capable of using force when necessary."

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Ardgal nodded at Kay's statement about this dragon being a weapon. His mind had already started fantasizing about the possibilities, the inner machinations of destruction and domination were at work, and when those gears started turning, Ardgal could hardly make them stop. "But could you imagine, a dozen of him, descending on an enemy en mass? Their rage and fury devouring everything in their path."

His dark eyes gleamed with delight at the idea of the destruction and massive victory it would bring. He always dedicated himself to finding new was to make things deader.

Ardgal was somewhat surprised they didn't meet in a tea room. Watching Commenor fall must have changed her perspective greater than he thought. Tension eased from his shoulders as she absolved him on her part, however, he wouldn't absolve himself yet, not until compensation had been made on his part. Perhaps helping making the army would serve enough to help ease his guilt. The general nodded. He could do droids.

He tapped his gauntlet before turning his palm upward. The built in-holoprojector displayed a new rifle, one that he had the idea of in mind. Technical specifications were drawn across it, annotating the different parts and functions there of. It was a work in progress, he was far from done, and it was more of a hobby project than one that he had ever intended on selling, but Kay was a worthy cause that if he could finish the finer points of its design, he felt she would be a worthy buyer.

"Would this be a good start?" he asked. "Its Charric in design. Since the Sith invaded and took Commenor down, it fits. Its strong enough to knock a force user's saber from their hand, to wear them down, and cannot be reflected back. The range, I've modified it to be comparable. Our main issue is ironing out the cost of production."

When he had given Kay plenty of time to look and ask any questions she could have had, he closed his hand, display vanished. "I would give them to you for free if I could, you know that. For now, how is a 20% discount off my normal contract price for all weapons and services?"

With that settled he moved to the next important point he felt needed addressed, "Where do you stand on military installations; vis-a-vis, military bases?"

Kay-Larr

Kay always found herself picturing Viribus when he was older, flying down and breathing fire onto their enemies below, breaking their lines. But that was going to be a while off. He wasn't going to be able to fly fir another ten years.

She looked to the holoprojection that [member="Ardgal Raxis"] displayed, taking note of the specs as he talked thrm over. It had a lot of what she liked. "What are it's weaknesses?" There was bound to be a couple and it was helpful to know what they were.

She nodded at his offered discount. "You can't make a living while giving everything away for free. Twenty percent is fine and I'd rather do what I can to support you."

She leaned back in her seat a little."We have some bases and installations. The First Order had closed a few of them and I'm looking into getting those reopened. I'd like more protecting our sector so that if fleets come knocking at our door, we'd be prepared to attack them in kind."

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Ardgal nodded at her question. It was a valid one. "As it stands the safety features are hard coming. The design may work off my AR-37. The standard issue for my troops. It requires a HUD interface."

For Ardgal, every soldier needed a HUD interface. Mandalorians lived and died in their armor so often, the sixth sense the HUD offered was addictive. He partially wondered if that was why Virgil was always so stoic and never removed her helmet, not even for him. He had seen her face once in the years since Geonosis, where her one true love had died. If Ardgal hadn't known that man was the only one to break her stony heart open, he would have assumed she was addicted to the HUD.

"And there is the issue of Ammo," he added. "To give the range a Charric rifle would need would drastically cut the ammo capacity down from hundreds to dozens of rounds." he tapped his fingers on the table, "As long as you remember to count and reload, its manageable."

"Most firefights can be dealt with in a span ranging from 45 to 60 seconds before committing a secondary engagement," Virgil supplied from her place by the door. "Such intervals range between 10-20 seconds, allowing adequate time for the reloading of a primary weapon for the common soldier."

She spouted the facts with the cold assurance of the beskar that encased her body. Ardgal nodded, she was right. Kay said that she was interested in helping him more than herself. He couldn't help but give a closed-lipped smile. Business had slowed to a piter-patter. Without him there to guide them RMIA had become slightly listless, drifting. Their buffer of savings working for the Manda'yam, the Al'iit, and Commenor was dwindling fast now. He wasn't in this business to get rich, he was in it for the honor. But of course, he had people who looked to him, and at the end of the day, it was Ardgal's job to make sure they were able to feed their families.

"I appreciate the sentiment, you have always been a generous woman, always thinking about others more than yourself." Alexa placed her maw on his thigh armor piece. Ardgal absentmindedly reached down and gave the droid a gentle pat, like it was a puppy looking for affection instead of a 900 pound machine of death. "Do you have any specific bases in mind for a first swing? I can begin drawing up plans for a breech and take immediately. When it comes to a naval attack, I am afraid I may not be of much help. However, I could probably help design some boarding droids to slow them down. You may want to seek the assistance of my naval vode for make up for my lack there."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as she listened to [member="Ardgal Raxis"] while he answered her questions regarding the new weapon. She was not a real expert in weaponry by any means, but she trusted him fully in his own. Afterall, why would he give her anything that would put her people at a disadvantage?

"There are some bases in the swamps outside of the city. I don't suppose your men mind getting their feet wet? And some boarding droids would be very beneficial. I can imagine that we'd be trying to get into any large ship that attacks us." This was not like Commenor at all. She needed to use harsher tactics, if only as a deterrent to stop others from viewing her and Zakuul as easy prey.

Kay Arenais said:
"There are some bases in the swamps outside of the city. I don't suppose your men mind getting their feet wet? And some boarding droids would be very beneficial. I can imagine that we'd be trying to get into any large ship that attacks us."
"I can begin working on a prototype or two," Ardgal nodded as she suggested a boarding droid. "Be aware, droids can be a fickle companion. A skilled hacker can easily bring one down, and if you have them all linked to one mind," his voice trailed off as he gave a wave of his hand. "Naboo all over again."

Alexa at his feet gave a whine, as if to protest. Ardgal chuckled, giving the droid a pat on the head, "Not you, silly girl."

The war droid gave a content whirl that sounded quite like a sigh. Ardgal turned his eye back to Kay. "You will find the full backing of RMIA behind you, with all of our employees and forces with what we can do. I will make it my personal mission to drum up as much assistance for you as I can get. In exchange I will need you to give me enough room to do what I must with no questions asked. Ever."

His brown eyes were as serious as death itself. When Ardgal put himself to something, he never failed. He never gave up. He never quit. The sheer force of determination and will that held his body alive during Project Madman and during his carbonite freezing had never left or faded. It only grew stronger. He extended his hand, "Do we have an understanding, your Highness?"

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom