Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lost Angel (PM for invite)

James' new ship, the Lost Angel came to a graceful landing on the LC-2's hangar floor. James grinned from ear to ear, he liked it. It certainly wasn't the old Drunken Angel he had grown up on, but she would certainly do.

Climbing down the access hatch he whistled a tuneless song. Today was a good day. Today he would begin anew. He had a second chance at starting a new home and base. He had hopes fresh and supplies ready. He would start over, he would replace his last lost home, the one his father and his father before him had flown and he would make them proud in the process. This would be a ship that no one, nothing could rival. Reed came down with him.

"Sir, would you like some help with your repairs?" asked the dockhand, an eager young teen.

James grinned. He was sure to this teen he appeared to be a god. A master of things beyond his understanding. Chuckling, he took his cigarette from his lips and patted the boy on his shoulder, "Mate I thank ye, and ye can watch but Reed and I are gonna do this ourselves, alright?"

The boy's face went from exhuberant to down cast, "Oh, yes, sir. I understand."

"But ye can watch if ye tell me the list of supplies that ye are bringing over," James said with a wink.

His face lit up again, "Ye-yes, sir! Of course!"

James watched him run off amused. So young, so naive. So good inside. Shaking his head he turned back to the Angel and slapped her landing prop lovingly, "Darling ye are gonna look better than ever when we are done with ye."

Reed gave a cheerful, agreeing chirp.

d14bc86d7138c3d26211ec046ce65adb.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/440156563555765166/

James pulled a welder's mask from one of the tables and mounted one of the massive robotic welders that was mounted into the flooring of LC-2. One of the perks of having this massive base was his ability to use this material--when he needed it, however he needed it. Reed plugged in and began feeding the ship's specifications into the machine. They had been preparing this for weeks, and now it was finally happening.

A holographic image came up of the Lost Angel. James confirmed the submission and watched as the graceful arms began to remove his ship's plating with precision and with accuracy. The arms delicately set the durasteel plates aside in neat stacks, he was sure he would find a use for them--later. James watched from behind the mask as beautiful sparks flew, his ship was being skinned alive, laid bare with all of her engines, wiring, struts, and supports exposed.

"Its ok, baby," he said soothingly, 'we gonna make ye better than before. Trust me.'

The final piece came off and James removed the sweaty mask, nodding pleased at the efficient work.

The boy came back into the hangar driving a small vehicle laden with supplies. His eyes gazed wide in wonder. "Wow, Captain Justice, that is amazing. You did that yourself?'

James chuckled, 'It is a wonder what machines can do these days, ain't it? What ye got for me lad?"

The boy motioned to the crates, "weapon systems, the ultrachrome plating, the astromech docking station, the new targeting and weapon system, an advanced genny, the armory wall, the sensor mask and decoy system, the advances scanners, that encrypted comm unit, and your stuff for the cabin."

James shook his head, surprised the lad could fit all that in with one breath. "What's yer name, lad?"

"Nat, and when I grow up, I want to be just like you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom