Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Long View of Things...

Aitis was nervous. No, scratch that, nervous didn't even cover the particular set of feelings he had going on right now as the ship set down from approach to Kaeshana... On Yavin he had done a lot of research, and prior to that even on Ossus when he was still a part of the Order of the Republic. There had been a lot of self teaching and training to do as a young seer apprenticed Corvus, and though he faulted his former Master not in the slightest for the lack of development in some of his talents. It was rather like a nexu breeder being given a vornskr and told to train and raise it.... In all likelyhood, you weren't going to get a very successfully reared vornskr.

As soon as he touched down, Aitis paid the Captain, and thanked him heartily for the assistance he had provided in transport. As a token of gratitude, the lad decided for a moment as he shook the man's hand, to try and use his gift for him, to see the man's future. He wasnt sure exactly how to always control it, and sometimes it was a risk even just barely glancing into the flows of time, but he was getting better at it, if not perfect. Sighing, he closed his eyes for a moment and smiled. It was the least he could do for one who had went out of his way to 'help such a promising young Jedi'

Opening himself to the Force, he felt a flood of sensations and such from the kindly spacer, and a spiral of images, only one of which he could make out, a series really. With kind warning, he told the Captain his child would be deadly ill soon, but should survive if he made it home in time to bring back the money he had earned on this trip for medicines and healers. The Caveat was given of the Force and Future both always being in motion, and again the young Padawan waved as he set off on a small barge to the estates of one he had hunted down in the records.

Standing in the prow of the boat, Aitis kept the hood to his tunic pulled tight. Since his departure from the Order to seek out one to teach him to control his gifts, he had taken to wearing an almost traditional style jedi garb, but with a hood integral to the outer tunic to pull over his face to conceal his lack of eyes. To keep the sinister air such garb could have, it was trimmed in bright white and gold, and the tunic was a sort of pale, stormy sky grey. There was not a visible lightsaber hilt on his waist, and the absence of such a tool in truth bothered him greatly. Soon, hopefully, he could make one.

As the barge reached his destination, Aitis stepped off, paying the steersman again with some of his few remaining credit chits. He hoped this went to plan, or otherwise he was quite stuck on this planet, as he didn't have the money to leave it. But he had seen it so, and though that wasn't a promise, it was as good a chance at anything as he was going to get, and so he would take it and fight to make it so. Spying a red haired and small framed woman down the way, he called out, waving his hand to her, knowing if rumors were true she might even be expecting his arrival already.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Kaeshana ... It was the Exarch's home now. Well, here and Fondor, granted Fondor was never her choice. Nor did she want the Exarch title, but she felt a sense of duty to take it to place herself in a position to help more people. Laying in bed, sound asleep she had dreamed of a Jedi seeking her skills, to learn from her. Every detail of him etched into memory. Her mind would not let her forget him. Her eyes snapped open mid sleep early in the morning on the day he had arrived on the planet. "He's here." She whispered to herself as she rose from bed to get ready for the day.

Slowly she got dressed, having a feeling there was a little time. Something told her that perhaps a sailboat was not the place for a woman of her title. After all it wasn't exactly the safest place. Slipping a simple white t-shirt on, followed by a loose pair of black pants. Hardly Jedi clothing, but she cared little about that these days. Her feet remained bare as always. The woman hated not being able to feel what was beneath her feet. Absolutely hated it as she gained a feeling of the world around her just by that simple connection to the ground. Sighing she ran a finger over the deep crisscrossing pattern of scars that were carved into her skin. Marks of torture from long ago. A small smile came as she realised they were fading. They were finally fading after so many years.

Finally feeling ready for the day she stepped out into the morning light. A presence stuck out to her in the crowd upon the docks. He's nearby now... And then she saw him waving to her. Smiling she moved quickly towards him. "It's Aitis, yes? I've been expecting you for a few days now." He certainly was the man she had seen in her visions with her gifts. "My name is Coryth Elaris, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Extending a hand she reached to shake his hand. "It must have been a long journey for you. Could I offer you a bit of rest, and perhaps a cup of tea?" She asked, warm and friendly as ever.

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Eyeing the short but powerful feeling woman, Aitis lowered his hood and waited. It was a show of trust, and one of hope too. There wasn't much fear or uneasiness coming from him, but there would be some. The woman knew of him though, and that likely meant this was the one he sought for sure, which would also mean she would know of his Miralukan heritage, the sight without eyes and all such things. And he hoped it would mean she would not be so offput and antsy about someone staring at her thusly. Managing, just barely, he smiled with a little trepidation as he spoke in a rich lilting tone, his voice surprisingly gritty with the accent of Nar Shada.

"I am Aitis, it is a relief to see you... To speak to you... Sometimes I still worry I might be going mad some days with what I see... Coming here was quite the risk, but it has paid off... I wouldn't have thought it would work until I tried... And yes, I would dearly love some tea, it has been quite a journey."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

A soft smile came as he lowered his hood. Her warmth radiating through the force without the slightest hint of being deterred by his appearance. "It has been a long while since I've seen a Miralukan. Years even, but I am glad to see you. I saw some of your struggles, and hoped you'd make it here to Kaeshana sooner rather than later." A nod followed, "I understand completely, as a young child I felt the same way. Oft confused by the images that haunted both my waking hours and dreams. Seeing the future, isn't not pleasant. Truly, it can drive you mad if you do not learn some degree of control."

Turning, she motioned for him to follow her over to a small sailboat, "Please follow me. Just mind the gap, don't want you falling in the water. The creatures here can swallow you whole without a second thought, even here in the bay." She warned as she stepped over the gap between the dock and the boat. Looking back to him, she waited just as she did for anyone else, to be ready to catch him if he should fall. After stepping on the boar, she headed down into the small living space within the ship. A galley, dining area and living room more or less all in one. "Just have a seat and relax for a while." Said as she stepped over and put the kettle on the stove. "Tea will be just a minute or two."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Aitis smiled at the words and followed her, his steps sure, almost graceful even. Despite never being the best at it, because in his mind and appraisal, he lacked a certain will and edge, so to speak, he trained daily in the forms he had been taught on Ossus by Master Truden and the strange twi'lek padawan. Makashi and Ataru, especially Ataru, require a certain grace and fluidity, and a certain planning and methodical nature that was belied and made to look natural by the grace and ease with which their practitioners moved. Whilst he would never be a legendary duelist, he was far from a slouch, he just believed in lightsabers as a last resort, partially why he hadn't bothered to make one yet. He would rely on his wits and diplomacy first and foremost.

So while he didn't know the dock, or anything about the surroundings, as the captain of the other boat noted, he moved as if a natural born sailor, swaying easily and almost rolling into a steady gait to keep up with the slight Jedi master. It was a simple thing, really, to fake confidence and ability. Most believed you if you acted and spoke as if you knew what you were doing. Most. And those who didn't... Well... He doubted he'd have to worry about such misunderstandings here. By any reputation, Coryth was hardly the typical Jedi of the Order.

"Thank you, Coryth... I would rather not be swallowed whole, as I honestly don't anticipate the experience to be pleasant. But I appreciate much the welcome... It was a anxious moment to trust to dreams and what could be hallucinations and leave Ossus for here, not even really knowing where here was..."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth nodded slowly, "Of course, Aitis. And no no .. I don't imagine it would be pleasant either. Definitely not a place you go swimming in around here. Far too many dangerous things lurk in the waters for the unprepared."

She smiled softly as she looked to him. Strangely enough he remind him of her, in her younger years when she didn't understand her gifts. A kindred soul. "I understand, truly. In time, with a bit of help, you'll learn which are real, which are dream, and which is something else entirely. There aren't many with the gift of precog, and its less a gift, more a curse if you ask me." The kettle whistled, bringing her attention back to the stove as she set out two cups. Quickly placing the tea bags in each cup, spoons, she then walked back over to the table with them and set them down. She only stepped away again to grab sugar and a package of small sandwiches from her fridge. "Please, eat. Relax, I know its been a long trip."

Only then did she finally take a seat across from him. "But there are not many of us as I was saying before. Finding anyone that really can help can be quite a task. I'm just glad you trusted yourself enough to see it this far. It shows great promise within you, and great courage. Something I greatly respect. If you would like, and would accept ... I'd like to offer to help teach you." She suspected that had a lot to do with the journey, needing someone like her. But the choice always would lay with him. He had the right to say no, to walk away. At the same time, it was her duty to offer and a love to teaching and sharing what she knew, so a duty she dearly loved. "I would love to help you, in whatever way I can. And Seeing isn't the only skill I have. There are others that I may be able to help you with."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Hesitation radiated from him for a moment... If he had eyes, they would have narrowed for a moment, then noticeably tried to relax. As it was, his aura in the force radiated suspicion before calming and oddly enough straining to complete emptiness, a null of emotions. Literally nothing radiated from him but calm. The one thing his former master had taught him well was meditation in its various forms, and so, he sought solace in that form of relaxation, emptying his mind of all things but the force, feeling out the will of said energy web when it spoke to him.

Slowly, he would relax, reaching out and taking the tea to sip softly, sighing and rubbing at his eyes. He had seen nothing, as was so often common. Only a vague feeling of trust in the woman in front of him. A feeling that he had no explanation or reasoning for, and which troubled him greatly.

"The offer... I trust you... I know you are genuine in your gifts, and your offer to help... But i'm not sure i'm exactly the best student... I don't even have a lightsaber after seven years in the order as a Padawan... Nor have I learned much but meditation and basic telekinesis"

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth managed a soft smile, "I understand completely. Thing is this, I do not judge you for any of that. Not in the least. You have a gift, a curse even and it would not be right for a second no matter the circumstances to leave you hanging, lost and on your own to figure it all out." Reaching up she ran a slow hand through her hair, "That I cannot allow. As long as you just come to me with an open mind, a willingness to learn the rest hardly matters. I do have the patience to help you though, if you will allow me to help in what ways I can." Sighing softly, she looked up to him, "And honestly while I can teach you with a saber even I, after all these years am rather terrible with it. It's not how I defend myself, in the least. So, again there is little to worry about. I do understand and I genuinely want to help you. All of this, can be worked on given time. I'm not after a perfect student, just someone who wants to learn."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

The young miralukan seemed to no longer be a blank of emotion, but instead began to radiate peace and calm. At here words, his senses in the Force had sharpened, and he smiled softly, sipping the tea still as he contemplated what was possible now. Not only did he have a master, but he now had a master who would understand his gifts, possibly even his ambitions and his dreams. Someone willing to help him become that which he was destined to be.

"I have headaches frequently, I think because of the visions. And nightmares.... I'd love to learn to stop those... And I'd hope, should I like to on occasion leave the planet without you, it wouldn't be a problem so long as we keep in communication? I doubt I would, often, but I do like to sight-see and get my hands dirty researching and learning."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth's brow knitted together, "Headaches, hmmm...." There were about a million reasons for headaches, and frankly it had been a long while since she had gotten them from healing. "There could be a number of reasons for those...." The redhead said softly, as she pondered the possiblities.

"As for the nightmares, I can only help so much with that as I still to a degree struggle with the visions haunting my sleep." She then nodded, "Of course, I have no issue with that at all. I'm hardly the traditional master that demands my student always be at my side. As long as you are able to defend yourself from harm, and keep in contact I have no issue with this. I only want you to be safe. I will also have my own time that I need to be away, as I recently was promoted to Exarch of the Protectorate, second only to the Lord Protector himself, so I imagine that will take some time away from me. But I hope not too much."

She sighed, "As for the headaches, we can explore that and see if we can find the source. I'm not just a Seer. I am healer, a physician actually with how many years I spent training in it. I specialize in surgery specifically. And my abilities just help with that skill in the operating theatre. More than anything it's knowledge and skills that I enjoy sharing, so long as you are not squeamish. They do rather come in handy. So, if you don't mind me looking into it, helping you I'm sure we can figure it out. Whether it's your visions or something else."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Sighing, the young man smiled with an eyeless twinkle and nodded as he listened to Coryth speaking, his gaze fixed at hers with an intensity conveyed even without the expressive eyes of most sentient beings. Stretching a bit, he rubbed his chin in thought as he considered the next words he would say.

"Healing is something i've never thought of, but it could be useful. I was pretty skilled with a saber in my time on Ossus but I didn't like it... It certainly didn't feel natural to me to be thus. The more I see of the galaxy, the more I think that people such as you, such as healers, are needed urgently. And to master my gifts of sight it will take a lot of time and study, and concentration. Natural boons to a surgeon and healer... But I suppose if I am going to wander on occasion a lightsaber might not be a poor idea.. I had thought of the idea of a kasha crystal from Cerea, they are said to enhance meditative qualities and abilities..."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

She nodded slowly, "It's more than saved my life and the life of others so many times now. It's invaluable really. And I'd be most happy to pass on my knowledge to you in whatever way I can." As much as she wished more healers we not needed, it just wasn't the reality they lived in. "As sad as it is, warriors and fighters are a dime a dozen. Healers are extremely rare and desperately needed. And you are right, it will take time. The sight you have would be greatly beneficial to healing and surgery. I do not believe it was just by chance that the force pulled us together. It had a divine purpose in mind."

She then nodded, "Hmmm, a Kasha Crystal could be extremely useful to you. I'd not really thought about that." For a moment Coryth grew silent as she thought upon it. "Well, why don't we take a trip to Cerea, you and I, so that we may seek this crystal out. The sooner we can get you a saber the more comfortable I'll feel with you being out on your own in this galaxy. For their are far too many dangers for people like us." Sighing she ran through a small checklist of things that needed attending to, in her duties to see what could be put off and how soon she could be able to help him obtain the crystal. "We could leave as soon as you feel you are ready. I have nothing too terribly pressing, so we could leave as soon as tonight if you want. However, if you would like a spell to rest, we could leave in a day or two. It's entirely up to you."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Aitis nodded again, shifting his hands into the sleeves of his tunic and pausing. There were a few things to do yet, to see... It might be irresponsible, but it needed to be done. And his sight showed nothing of import from his actions, so he for once tried to tell himself to quit worrying and trust things.

"I have a pit stop needed to make at Nar Shada, to see a few old friends from before my days with the Republic and the Order.... Recovering old favors and some trinkets if they're still around. I could meet you on Cerea at some coordinates I gained in the temple?"

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth nodded slowly, "I understand entirely." Running a slow hand through her hair she sighed briefly, "Yes, that would work. Which speaking of Nar Shada, do you have the means to get yourself there? If not, I'd be happy to make sure your passage is paid for and that you have enough funds to survive off of - If you need that. Would rather make sure you are one hundred percent taken care of, than risk something happening to you because you weren't prepared." The mothering nature in her, certainly coming out as she did worry on such things for her padawan learners.

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom