Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The long road

Varius

Champion of the Light
The silence... the beautiful silence in the forests of Ossus, how easily can it be broken by a single man. No animal seemed to be around when Varius Sunwalker, alone in the beautiful forest seemed to swing his lightsaber and move his body in the same time fighting against an invisible oponent. "Dodge, Dodge, strike, parry, dodge, strike!" The padawan said as he continued to swing his lightsaber as the sweat seemed to fall from his face, he was certanly doing this for some time already. There was nobody there, and he was aware of this, it could have been his master should he had one, it could have been his friend, should he had any. Maybe this is the picture that describes perfectly the young lone wolf the boy always was.

Suddenly the padawan tightened his grip on the blue lightsaber and frowned, he wasn't angry, but determinated, the boy begun to launch an extremely agressive attack against the maginary opponent as the blue lightsaber seemed to move faster and faster. He has no idea what is he doing, how it is called nor he needed to, all he needed was training, he continued doing this for minutes untill he finally begun to slow down, realising this, the padawan turned around with a jump and uses all his power to stab the imaginary enemy from the air, even if he was only few inches above the ground.

With that final move, the padawans topped to catch his breath holding his lightsaber down and slowly wiping the sweat from his face with the left hand. His eyes didn't show any sign that he would stop soon, the blue steeled eyes that served as a remainder of weak child that couldn't protect his familly.
After few moments of silence, the padawan begun once again to fight trying to execute more complicated moves and learn new ways of fighting on his own.

The glade was peaceful indeed. Mantic had found a place to meditate on. At least that was what he tried. Focusing and assembling the pieces floating around in his head to a completed puzzle. He managed "so so" with this task. If only he possessed the patience his master carried.

Mantic sighed some and retried.

Calm breath, inhale, focus, exhale. Closing eyes. Inhale, exhale, focus. There is no death, only peace...

Zang, zing zung... ZOING! Mantic stirred... what was that?

He stood up and stretched. There was no mistake about it. Someone was wielding a lightsaber nearby. Mantic tried to reach out with the force. He wanted to send his mind through the forest, investigating everything, allowing him to discover whatever this was. But he failed. He began to feel his own aura, the life of a near by flower but then he lost concentration.

He sighed again and instead took his training saber in his right hand and started a job through the forest, realying on his eyes and ears to discover any danger in advance. Exiting the tree line he spotted [member="Varius"] and his crouched position dissapeared. He strapped his training saber on his back and took a few steps out, with hands tucked inside the broad sleeves of his brown padawan robe.

He was unsure who this was but he reckoned he should not disturb him.

Varius

Champion of the Light
The padawan stopped suddenly breathing deeply and closing his eyes for a moment, he was clearly exhausted, it is then when he noticed the man that he didn't see here before, for how much time was he watching? With a little embarrasment, Varius deactivated his lightsaber and turned to face the man that just appeard, but how should he act? Is probably unusual to see some guy fighting the air as if his life was depending on it. "Umm... Hi." He said with a neutral expression, he wasn't sure if that's was an apropriate way to begin a conversation in a situation like this, but he was never so good in talking with people. He watched the man carefuly seeing his training lightsaber at his back, though what if he is here for a reason? "I... Don't suppose you are bringing any news from the council or...?" He had to ask, learning when you don't even know what you need to learn is pretty hard.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Well this was new. Here was a man, clearly a jedi, just as unsure as himself.

"Greetings," he tried and inclined his head in a formal fashion.

"No, I am afraid I do not have news from anyone to be honest. I just happened to nearby as I noticed your training."

Mantic felt a bit silly having walked in on [member="Varius"] like this. It had to be one in a million that two people ventured to about the exact same spot to train like this.

"I appologize for disturbing your concentration. Please continue."

Varius

Champion of the Light
"it is no trouble, friend. I was kind of exhausted so I was going to stop anyway." He said shrugging, it was good to see human faces around since he spent much of the time training in the forest. "I was hoping the council found someone to train me, of course isn't their fault but I really wanted to create a new lightsaber, one that would represent me better and remind me what Im fighting for. I guess I should go alone in search of components and a crystal." He said with a friendly smile scratching his head with his left hand in embarrasement.

He didn't blame the council, nor he should, training would be a little harder without a master but that's not a problem for someone so stubborn, though it will be kind of hard to construct the lightsaber he wants since it is not supposed to be a normal one, neither the crystal so easy to obtain since the danger awaits in many corners of the world.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic nodded. He had assumed that this man would have a master. Some of those moves he had made was pretty impressive.

"Sorry, I am a simple padawan. I have not even been close to jedi orders leadership or the council yet. I do have a master though, but she is very occupied with her own protectorate. She is fore most a silver jedi which gives her little time in the republic. We meet on occasion though. which is a comfort."

Mantic took a few steps out of the forest toward @Varius.

"I have asked for saber training as well but with the war most masters seem busy. Do you think we could perhaps train ourselves? Or would it be frowned upon?"

Varius

Champion of the Light
"Sure thing, I actually trained with another padawan before, Ceska." Varius begins to laugh silently remembering his defeat, "I had a master before but for a short time, I do remember that the "sit and watch through the force" was one of the most important lessons i've learned so far." A real fight was exactly what he needed, a perfect way tot est his abillities and learn even more, probably a good oportunity for both of them, though the duel he ahd with Ceska thought him something and he will certanly try a better tactic now that she showed him where he was wrong... The hard way. He ignited his lightsaber and stood straight with his head raised lightsaber forward, not exactly a combat position but rather as if he would wait. "Whenever you are ready, friend."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic bowed. Then he pulled back his hood and blinked at the bright light. He unstrapped the training saber and gave it a swing, ending with him holding the saber in two hands in a straight line upwards.

"I am grateful." he declared. Then he placed one foot behind him and stepped around his own center, bringing around the sword for a first long ranged attack that would come down from a high arc aiming toward [member="Varius"] torso.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Varius moves his lightsaber as fast as he could in order to parry Mantic's attack, althoguh it was expected, the attack was faster than Varius first thought. After parrying the attack, the young padawan attempted to attack few times with his lightsaber, nothing special or unusual, just simple attacks not even too hard to parry of dodge. He most likely wanted to see the way he fights.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic was initially surprised by how clumsy he felt. It was natural, he had not recieved any formal training so far. He kept at it forcing his saber in between himself and the blade of [member="Varius"] in a to more experienced fighters, slow dance.

There was no special form, no resolute technique to Mantics style. A good natural swordfighter without question, but his talent was raw and unshaped.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Varius seemed to have noticed that Mantic didn't use any lightsaber form which meant he either didn't know any either he wanted to keep it for later, Varius thought it might be the first because... what are the chances for both of them to use the same tactic? Well he isn't even a jedi yet but that doesn't mean he can't share knowledge. Turning arround andswinging his lightsaber to give a powerful hit or so it seemed he then would attempt a kick right after Mantic would either parry either be hit, the lightsaber attack was probably just a distraction.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

The blur of sabers were intense for Mantic. He felt alive and awake, trying to focus on control and calm, letting the force guide his hand.

It went so so. While he felt its ever presence he could not help but let his thoughts steer his action. It was not how he was supposed to fight and he knew it. But human instincts was a strong trait to bester and this was a clear reminder to Mantic that he had done far to little training in the area. It became ever so obvious both to himself and his opponent as Mantic sensed the kick coming but his reaction was still to parry the blade. Varius foot hit him in the side, revealing a very fit and strong body, but still it was not enough.

Stumbling back Mantic bit his lip not to curse. He had sensed it. Why could he not have allowed the flow of the force guide him?
Without words he inclined his head toward [member="Varius"] to admit the better mans win.
Then he raised his saber again. Prepared for another attack.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Varius admired the man's action, knowing to loose was important yet this time was kind of different, Mantic knew the kick was coming yet he didn't react "What happaned?" He asked taking a Shii ccho position and rpeparing for another fight. Many thoughts went through Varius' head, did Mantic let him win? But there would be no point to that, is it possible for him to not have so much training? This seems likely, he did say his master is very occupied. If that is so, Vraius thought he could show him what he knows, after all knowledge is for everyone.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

what happened? the question made Mantic feel embarrassed. He had failed to response properly, simply because he was no better then this.

"I am sorry to offer you poor opposition, I am afraid I simply was not fast enough to counter your attack." he replied, trying to stay calm in his voice.

He had seen jedis use the position [member="Varius"] now took, but he did not know it himself. Instead he held his sword ready in front of him, leaning a bit on his foot placed slightly behind him. It would make his stance slightly more defensive even though it was not a special tecnique.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Well that seemed fair enough he thought, Varius knew how hard could be to defend against a faster attack. Anyway looked like a good moment to train his Shii cho a bit, even if is a common form, it may be useful someday. Preparing himself he suddenly begins to swing his lightsaber at Mantic multiple times and in different locations, he was indeed fighting using the Shii-cho form, yet he didn't thought it would give any advantage for now, which is why he was perfecting his powerful attacks, not that they would be any near perfection yet. "Do not worry about that, you've been a worthy opponent, besides all of us must learn."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic again sensed the attack prior to them coming, but he failed to utilize that to his advantage. He was caught in relying on his normal swordmanship, something he was good at but those tecniques were meant for heavier swords, not working in favour when using the elegant lightsaber.

Still a bit clumsy he did manage to party the attacks as they came in. One to the leg, the second from above and so forth. [member="Varius"] did not have to use all his skills for this session and Mantic did have trouble finding an opportunity to strike back.

At the fifth blow however, mantic noticed how his opponent prepared another high attack. Just like the second one.
Mantic seized the moment and quickly went low kicking a leg sweep.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Varius was hit by the unexpected attack and got back several feets managing to remain on his feet, he then bowed his head with a smile "Good one." Mantic really won with the same thing Varius did before which was something he admired. It was still weird how he didn't really tried anything special, but he didn't gave much thought, instead he was swinging his lightsaber few time in the air before falling into a new position preparing himself.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Yes, it was working. Mantic felt confidence in that the force was guiding him now. It always did. It was just hard to find moments to let go and accept being part of this flow. But now was such a moment. His opponent was perhaps unaware of it but it was much to his way of facing him that made Mantic feel attuned and calm in the midst of the battle. A sensation he wished to recall more frequently in the future.

This time Mantic moved forwrd with each strike trying to force [member="Varius"] step bckward as he parried the series of blows raining down. This would most likely not be a problem for him to parry but it was not Mantics strategy either. Ending his forth strike Mantic pushed forth his left hand sending a wave of power toward his oponent to thrown him back, perhaps even stumbling to the ground. Right after that he set his right foot behind his left and thwirled around trying to place his blade right next to [member="Varius"] neck.

Varius

Champion of the Light
Now this was beginning to be interesting, Mantic begun to launch many strikes at Varius and seemed to be better than before, he didn't really knew where he wanted to go with this but he kept parrying as much as he could, unfortunately he wasn't fully there for a moment, all the fight seemed so familiar... for a second he felt as if he was doing this before and suddenly an old memory came to him, a memory of the old days... less painful days when his eyes were brown as they were supposed to be. It was then when he lost the concentration for a bit only to be woken up by the few hits he got. Unfortunately not soon enough to be ready for Mantic's wave of power that managed to push him back in front of a tree. Varius used this oportunity and rolled jumping backwards hitting the tree firmly with his feet then jumping to the ground and rolling forward getting back on his feet in time to parry Mantic's last strike. Although the defeat was avoided, Mantic had the advantage and he certanly was up to the challenge.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

It was likely that with their ensuing battle that [member="Varius"] and [member="Mantic Dorn"] wouldn't notice the presence of another. It might not of helped that Kal'n was actively trying to hide himself in the Force, though he wasn't very skilled at it. Like the others, he was a Padawan. However, unlike them, he had much more training and was preparing for his Knights Trials. It wouldn't be long now, he thought. Still, he tried his hardest to minimize his presence in the Force, if it worked then great. If not then...well darn, he'd have to go figure out what he was doing wrong.

Either way he would come into viewing distance and lean against a tree, arms crossed over his chest, a lightsaber on either side of his hip. Unless specifically spoken too he would take the chance o watch both Padawans, and note their combat forms (or lack thereof). Perhaps he could be of assistance? He was by no means a Master and not a Knight, not yet at least. But he felt he was adequate enough to teach the basics, if it was even wanted. He'd stay patient and silent, watching and listening to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom