Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Long Dirt Road (open)

Once the Grey Sentinel landed on the planet's surface, I immediately wanted to set out into the desert. The city looked alright but I desired to start my training as soon as possible. A spaceport security officer quickly clears my paperwork. I hurriedly leave the port, carrying all the supplies I would need to survive the wilderness. Largely ignoring my surroundings, I make my way to the outskirts of the city, on the border of the wilderness. Leaving the city, I begin to head deeper into the barren wasteland, attempting to isolate myself from the city. My face already covered by my mask, I continue onward, ignoring the wind and dust. I look behind me. Unable to see the city beyond the horizon, I continue, now looking for a steady supply of water.

I didn't keep track of how far I walked but eventually I found a small river. I scaned my surroundings. Seeing nothing, I set up my camp next to the water. The river's flow looked peaceful and the horizon stretched flat as far as the eye could see, making the place seem more secure. Looking around, the land was devoid of life, the terrain a desert. This was as isolated as I was going to get. Placing the holocron on a small box I brought with me, I open it. Idiian's apparition appears, immediately scanning our surroundings. Looking pleased, he faces me.

"Now then, since we're all settled, let the training begin."

He smiles slightly, rubbing his hands together. I won't expect his training to be easy.

The journey down the long road begins now.

It all started with physical training. Push-ups, sit-ups, and whatever else Idiian could think of was done to condition my body. It was grueling, spending hours each day for several weeks just training my body. This training was interspersed with Force training. Every day after a brief break after the physical training, Idiian would have me sit down in the middle of the camp and meditate on the Force. In the beginning it was difficult, my ability to sense the Force rudimentary at the start but as the days went by, it became easier and easier. Tython is a good place to start training, having a large connection with the Force. But on Tython, it felt much more ... negative. The planet seemed to be drenched in the dark side, radiating all sorts of negative emotions. It took all that I could muster to counter act this negativity.

"I faced this same darkness and came out a firm advocate for balance, just as I had arrived."

Idiian's words provide little solace against the darkness. It all just feels so different begin able to sense this.

With each day that passed, I found myself improving, becoming physically stronger and and lasting longer in the training sessions. In the Force, progress also proceeded smoothly, as I found myself entering into a meditative state faster and faster every day. After a few weeks, Idiian slowed down the physical training, beginning to focus more on training the Force. One day about five weeks after starting, he told me to try picking up a few small rocks with the Force.

"Focus your mind and concentrate on the Force."

He told me little of importance beyond this, only saying more when criticizing my abilities.

The first try was ... shaky. I was barely able to get one of the rocks off the ground and slightly at that. I sighed and eagerly tried again. the next few shots were better, being able to get two or three rocks slightly off the ground. Idiian wasn't very impressed with my results, always pressuring me to do better each time. And so I did ... slowly. Step by arduous step I improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom