Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Long Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvRe

[SIZE=26pt]The Long Arm[/SIZE]​
josh-james-lever-action-rifle-74.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Avery Regailis

• Affiliation: Avery Regailis

• Model: N/A

• Modularity: Minorly, a range of scopes can be attached but that is all.

• Production: Unique

• Material: Durasteel, slug thrower components.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Slugthrower Rifle

• Size: Average

• Weight: Average

• Ammunition Type: Slugs

• Ammunition Capacity: 12 slugs a magazine.

• Reload Speed: Slow

• Effective Range: Long Range

• Rate of Fire: High

• Stopping Power: High

• Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES

• A stand for long distance shooting, six magazines of ammo attached to the side of the barrel, homing device.
Strengths:

• Burst Fire: The Long Arm fires 2, high velocity, shots at a time. These shots can all be directed to different parts of the body or other people via homing device. This feature makes The Long Arm excellent at handling semi-large groups or stronger enemies.
Weaknesses:

• Overheating: The Long Arm can only fire 3 magazines before it can’t handle anymore. The user has to wait 10 minutes before it can be used again. It can be used after 3 magazines but if this happens, it will ultimately lead to the destruction of the weapon and harm to the user.
DESCRIPTION
The Long Arm was created by Avery Regailis in the late years of his career. It was made to deal with Force users and targets that had to be eliminated from a distance, hence the reason it can’t handle more than 3 magazines.

The Long Arm is made of many different slugthrower components, from many different slugthrowers. Besides the homing device attached to it, The Long Arm is just a standard slugthrower rifle.

As good as the range and stopping power are, The Long Arm isn’t the best weapon for all occasions. The only times it should be used are when dealing with Force users or in covert actions.

[member="Avery Regailis"],

Really nice image you used, and glad to see another Lever Action in the factory. Now lets get to work.

Avery Regailis said:
Ammunition Capacity: 4 slugs a clip.
So this weapon can only hold four rounds in total, and then it fires all four of them in one burst, in which you are then required to reload? I don't want to assume anything, and I want to get a clearer picture for how this works, Because right now, its extremely low on ammo count. In fact, most lever action firearms typically hold 11-20 rounds in them, and some of the more rarer versions could hold 30 if given the right size round and the size of the tube/magazine.

Secondary to this, Clip is the incorrect term. It should be Magazine, or tube fed. Clips are what are used on production lines to hold the bullets together that way they can be shipped.

Avery Regailis said:
Image Source: https://www.google.c...568059137522759
Can you please use the correct link for the image? It is from Artstation by Josh James. Its a little picky, but we cannot use google links where it asks for a redirect. Because more often than not, the redirect link can be broken.

AvRe

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

ok, I changed the image link and all the clips into magazines. quick question, should I change the way the burst fire works? Maybe make it a mode or something?

[member="Avery Regailis"], I recommend a two, or three round burst. Typically those are used best because it takes a shorter time between firing *which would match your high rate of fire*, and its more reasonable with the system you have set up. Typically a normal Lever action only fires one round at a time, but loading two with one lever pull is possible like how people have created double barrel pump shotguns IRL. *shrugs shoulders*

But yea, I recommend a 2 or 3 round burst as its easier to manage, less killer on your ammo, and would contextually make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom