Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle The Lionfish Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
SubmarineChase.jpg

The Lionfish

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a submersible vehicle that can be used primarily as an underwater fighter for use by the First Order that is also equipped with a sonar
  • Image Source: Artstation
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The First Order
  • Model: Lionfish Mark I
  • Affiliation: First Order
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Personal Transport
  • Role: Personal Transport/Undersea Fighter
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Minimum Crew:
    Pilot - 1x

[*]Optimal Crew:
  • Pilot - 1x
  • Co-pilot - 1x
  • Gunner - 1x

[*]Propulsion: Electromotive field motor
[*]Speed: Fast
[*]Maneuverability: High
[*]Armament: Average

[*]Defenses: Very Low
[*]Squadron Count: Average
[*]Maneuverability Rating: High
[*]Passenger Capacity: 2
[*]Cargo Capacity: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Equipped with Sonar
  • Harpoon Cannon to reel in small enemy fighters or infantry who are underwater
Strengths:
  • Fast
  • Sonar used to Detect other Undersea Entities
Weaknesses:

• Limited Weapons in Certain Environments
    Missiles only useable when Surfaced​
  • Torpedos only usable underwater

[*]Weak Armor and Defensive Weaponry
[*]Weak Offensive Weaponry
[*]Susceptible to Ion Weaponry
[*]Torpedos only usable underwater
[*]Torpedos have to be eye-balled as there is a lack of an aiming reticle/assistance
Description:
The First Order doesn't have much of a navy...not the space navy, an actual navy. Sure, the First Order has the Alligator...though that's not really a naval vessel. It's more meant for close engagements and patrol duty on marshy worlds. So, where better to start than a combination of an undersea fighter and submarine? Luckily for the First Order Corps of Engineers, they didn't need to do much tinkering or writing up of design schematics to create this vessel. They already had a basis of a prototype for the Lionfish when they had made the different prototypes for what would become the Alligaotr...though they had chose to keep the prototypes encase a scenario such as this one had presented its self. The Engineers did a bit of tinkering and modification until they got a design they were happy with. Codenamed "Lionfish," this undersea vessel is fast with a light amount of weaponry, well enough to properly handle its self that is. to help irritate enemy undersea vessels. The Lionfish was also given a 'secret' weapon, a sonar to track enemy undersea forces. As for the negatives, well they're 'short and sweat.' The vessel is weak in both offensive and defensive capabilities due to its cheap production cost, making it susceptible to Ion and EMP weaponry which will short-circuit sonar's, making them malfunction. The missile launcher is also unusable underwater, and can only be used once surfaced.

FN-2826 said:
Armament: Low Harpoon Launcher - 1x (Bottom) Missile Launcher - 1x (Top) Laser Cannons - 2x (One on Each Wing-tip) Torpedo Tubes - 2x (Bottom)
I'm not about a low armament for this. There are not many aquatic fighters out there to compare it to (Tie Fighter Boat, Krakana Fighter, Shark Fighter), but I'd say that this has heavier armament then most of us.

Another option would be to compare it to a starfighter.

If these weapons are about average strength weapons for a typical starfighter...well...this is better armed than our generic starfighter. I'd probably change this to average armament. Otherwise, I'd note if one of these weapons is weaker compared to that by using a "light" prefix or linking to a canon weapon.

I'd really recommend fleshing out the weapon's descriptions in general, or linking them to established weapon systems (like a concussion missile), so we get a feel for their rough power and capabilities.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
I upped the armanent rating. Also, the harpoon won't classify as a heavy weapon. Sure, it can spear infantry and pierce armor plating, though only light armor plating, equivalent to a layer or two of durasteel plating. The harpoon isn't so much as to cause damage, as to either making a small hole to flood an underwater vehicle or help to stop/track enemy underwater fighters or vehicles.

[member="FN-2826"], sorry about the delay in replying. In the future, if you'll tag me in your responses, you'll have a faster response time from me.

FN-2826 said:
Weak Offensive Weaponry

FN-2826 said:
this undersea vessel is fast with a light amount of weaponry

These contradict the new weapons rating of "average".

Overall, as I stand back and look at the concept as a whole, I think this is very slightly overpowered. As an individual boat (fighter sub?), I think it's well-balanced. But with the high squadron count, I'm not so sure. I'd recommend changing the squadron to average, or alternatively, if you want to keep the whole swarm mentality, move one of the other ratings down. In terms of how I understand the concept, I'd probably move defense to "very low" to sort of reflect the classic Imperial mentality of fielding a large number of disposable units (like the TIE Fighter), but any real performance rating will do.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[member="Gir Quee"]
For the offensive bit, I mean that despite it having 'a lot' of weapon, it cannot deal out a great amount of firepower within a short timeframe. Underwater, it had 6 weapons, and above water, it has 4...also with this, the torpedos do not have an aiming assistance device, meaning the torpedo generally has to be eye-balled for it to hit its target. I'll add this to the weaknesses as well. Also, I turned down the defensive rating to 'very low' and the squadron amount to 'average.'

[member="FN-2826"], that all makes sense to me.

For the weaknesses section, I might rephrase it to something like "limited weapons in each environment" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom