Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Lion Sleeps Tonight

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The trip back to the temple had been...eventful. Jonyna didn't seem to have the ability to get her eyes off her new mate.

And the night...

The next morning, Jonyna found herself in definitely a good mood.

The New Cov Temple was definitely more of a home to her than Coruscant to her. She found herself skipping to the kitchen of the temple, prepping a breakfast for the two of them, whistling a Cathar tune that she knew would get a chuckle out of Taam. Luckily, she had helped drag the meat they had killed last night back to the temple, and had spent most of the morning cutting it up. To any other species, it would be horrid to see a fresh kill inside of a jedi temple, but to a Cathar? It was breakfast. First start? Panthac Bacon...

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Last edited:

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Of the Jedi temples and enclaves he had visited in his wanderings, Taam had already found an affinity for New Cov. His decision to travel to the temple through the jungle proved to reignite his Cathar instincts. But the rain forest teaming with life and peril was only a small part of the revitalization. It was mostly due to the remarkable connection he had made with Jedi Knight Jonyna Si along the way. A connection that they had both embraced and consummated as only Cathars could.

Taam awoke with a vigor he had not known in a long time. That was completely due to Jonyna. Together they butchered the panthac they had killed the day before and dressed the cuts. He wondered what Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble would think of the Cathar Jedis' practices.

They headed to the kitchen, where Jonyna would start cooking some up for them while Taam put the rest of the meat in cold storage. He grinned widely at the song his mate whistled, humming it along with her.

"I like it here." He commented as he passed by Jonyna, nuzzling her crimson mane with his muzzle. For the first time since leaving Coruscant, Taam found something, or rather a person and a place, drawing him back to the Order.

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I'd hoped so." Jonyna couldn't help but let out a soft purr as Taam nuzzled her. "I'll need to show you my ship once we get the chance to eat. I got a lot to show you, actually." Her tail instinctively wrapped loosely around the male Cathar's leg, as she idly stirred the pan with her offhand. "My padawans, my lightsabers, Oooo! I need to see yours soon. See what kind of fighting style you got. Given last night..." She stopped herself, instead looking up to her new mate with a knowing look, before devolving into giggles.

Last edited:

Taam met Jonyna's mischievous azure gaze and chuckled a deep, gravely laugh. If his performance the night before had been impressive, his mate's had been more so. Denik's were remarkable, even among Cathars. Jonyna's experience with Taam the night before would have given her an indication of how he fights. Aggressively.

As Taam listened, he peered out a window at the thick jungle that spread out from the mountainside temple. She had Padawans, lightsabers... multiples of each. It was the indication of a vibrant, active Jedi. He had none and one. For the moment, at least.

The idea of sharing these things excited Taam, he wanted to know all there was about Jonyna. He wanted to see how she fought with a saber, and to show her his prowess. "I want to see it all." He answered, inhaling deeply of the searing meat. "And there is a way we can each see how the other fights." His brow lifted, sparring was a tried and true way examine another's style.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"A spar? I'll have you know, I've got quite the record. Hope you don't mind getting your butt kicked." She teased, reaching back to give him a peck. "First let's eat and talk though." She took a whiff of the bacon, turning off the heat. With a claw, she picked one up and offered it to Taam. "I'm gonna need to get you some new outfits though. Gotta spoil my new mate with Si Tech's finest work after all. Oh! Did I mention I have a company? It's...not really a big deal, but I use it for personal projects."

"A butt-kicking, huh?" Taam parroted. He would be disappointed if his mate could not give him a good challenge. He already knew that Jonyna would feel the same. He also knew she would not disappoint him, he had seen enough to know that. Taam snagged up the offered slice of bacon with a large claw, popping the hot meat into his mouth. He hummed deep in his chest with pleasure.

At the mention of Si Tech, Taam paused. "...Oh, it all makes sense now. Of course it's you!" Granted, it didn't take a genius to make the connection between the only Cathar Jedi he had met, named Si, and the company he, as a Cathar, had heard of. In his defense, Jonyna had kept him quite occupied with other things that distracted her new mate from connecting the dots.

"Nothing flashy mind you," he teased as he sat by her at a table, "... just enough to accentuate my masculine physique." Taam chuffed a laugh at himself. She would soon find out that his wardrobe was outdated and well-worn. A wandering Jedi preferred to blend in. Perhaps the only thing he owned that was of any note was his lightsaber. She would see that soon as well. "Do I get a discount since I sleep with the owner?" His cheeky behavior continued.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Oh of course. Just don't ask for a spaceship. My designer hates space." Jonyna giggled. "Yeah, I don't make a big deal about it. We supply gear to the good guys, and sell knick knacks to the public. No one needs a 5 story walker outside of the military." She pouted slightly. "Soooo....you wanna see my stuff? We can compares notes." Part of her was excited to just geek out about gear. She had always been a bit of a gear nut back in the old days, but that was more because of who she stuck around. Sevs and Giran were tech nerds, and Jonyna had enabled them more than anything.

"The one I have get's me by." Taam grinned, continuing to enjoy the panthac bacon. The Pride was average in a dogfight, but it was fast. "But I could use some knick knacks for my console." He teased.

If anything, Taam needed to gear up more. With his disconnection to the Order, he also lost access to new tech, or simple replacements. To have his mate own a tech company only seemed like one more reason Jonyna was good for him.

Taam offered a wry grin. "Yes, I'd love to see it all! Show me what you got, Lithka." Taam used the Catharese word in his tribe's dialect which roughly translates to a lithe, nubile female.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Oh. That got her going. "Oooo...I like that." She rubbed up against the male, her purring intensifying. "Alright, lemme grab my stuff. You, eat more. I put a lot of work into stripping that meat, don't want any of it to go to waist."

As she left, her mind wandered back to Kahlil, and his want for her to separate herself from her culture. She wondered if this was right for her, a new cathar mate.

But she was happy. Oh, she was happy. What was wrong with that?

She came back a few moments later, now in full gear. Her coat was the first thing she took off, laying it across the table. "Taam, feel the coat. There's something here I want you to see."

Taam allowed none of the freshly seared panthac bacon to go to waste, devouring it while Jonyna was gathering some things. She seemed excited to share with him what she had, and he was eager to see it. He wanted to learn everything about her.

Wiping his maw of residual grease, the Cathar wanderer watched his new mate traipse in, having changed into something different. He grinned again as she was almost giddy. As Jonyna shed her coat, Taam stood, watching her set the garment on the table. At her instruction, he splayed his large hand and caressed the surface of the coat.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Taam could feel it the moment he touched the thick gamberson. Underneath the heavy armourweave, was...wood. Jonyna idly leaned against him as he did, smiling. "It's from home. The-" <Home-tree> She couldn't help but use their native word for it. To a Cathar, especially to a Denik, the tree their tribe called home, the tree they used for murals to mark not just their native legends, but their family lineages, it was a special thing. A sacred thing. "It makes me feel at home no matter where I go. Also does a wonderful job at stopping slug rounds. Mandos seem to love trying to use those against us, so...I made this, given we're currently at war with them." She frowned slightly at that. "You uh...might run into a few who hate my guts in the future, just a heads up."

TAg: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Taam's calloused hand felt the texture of the coat, pressing his palm further to feel the interior make-up. When Jonyna mentioned the hard material within was the wood of a revered tree on Cathar, he turned to look at her. Taam was not born nor raised on Cathar, but as the homeworld of his kind, his tribe always reverenced the planet. Since then, he had visited several times and saw those trees, and the murals.

A smile stretched across his muzzle. "Remarkable." Taam commented, looking back to the coat.

The mention of the Mandalorians brought a stark reality to the otherwise blissful retreat he and Jonyna had found on New Cov. There was a war going on. Due to his separation from the Order, Taam had not engaged in the war. But the sense of duty to his Jedi vows and fellow Jedi made him realize he was needed back in the ranks.

"If you pissed off some bucket heads, you must be doing something right." He winked at his mate.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"You should read the news. I got an interview about it in the Standard. If you ever see Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla on the street, know she tried to murder both my padawans in the streets of Ukatis." There was a low snarl in her voice. "Coat saved my life though, more than a handful of times. I'll sew you one when I get the chance. I made a pair of my paddies, don't see why we can't hunt down your home-tree and make you one."

"Well, an enemy of my Lithka is an enemy of mine." Taam replied with a deep, edgy bite to his words. Hilal. While he did not recognize the name in particular, Taam did know of the Vizsla. He would remember that Mandalorian's name.

"We can search for the wood together."
He added at the offer of his own coat as he took up hers and continued to examine it. "I like the idea of something you made wrapped around me and keeping me alive." Taam quipped with what passed as a Cathar smirk.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I like that too." Jonyna smirked, giving him a bump with her hip. The coat did show several signs of repair, clearly having seen combat since it's creation, several patches and stitches across it's body. "I'm gonna have to replace this thing soon." She smiled. "Though, that's not my main defense." She pulled out the first of her two sabers, a wooden handled tube that shined with the Light, before she pulled out another saber that looked more like the hilt of a katana "Best offense is a good defense, ya know?"

"I like to say the best defense is a good offense...." He looked back, winking at his mate. Taam tended to be aggressive when it came to fighting.

When Jonyna revealed her two saber hilts, Taam examined them with great interest. They were of different design, indicating they would be wielded in slightly different ways. He was particularly interested in the weapon with the carvings. They were of Cathar origin, similar to the murals he had seen on the motherworld. His finger traced the designs. As a wood carver, he could appreciate the craftsmanship.

"These are beautiful." Taam commented, offering an affirming smile and nod. He pointed to the first saber's hilt. "This tells a story. But it's not yours, is it?"

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

“It’s my mom.” She nodded. “Cici Si. Master of Shadows. She retired shortly after the war with the CIS started and uh…had me.” She let out a cough, “Her ghost is in the crystal of that blade, so don’t drop her. She might come and judge you for sleeping with her daughter.” Jonyna let out a chuckle, before taking the blade and careful igniting the ruby blade. “It’s been on my family since my great great grandfather, Danda Si. Jedi Master of the Old Repulic.”

"That is a lot of heritage in that weapon." Taam commented, highly impressed as the blade ignited. "Let's make she is put in a ...safe place... when we..." The words fell off and he offered Jonyna a grin and another wink. "Mine is not nearly that old, let me show you." The male Cathar knight added, holding up a finger indicating his mate should wait. He returned shortly holding his own weapon.

The saber's hilt was likewise crafted of wood with its own carved design. "Its Shyrran wood, from Kashyyyk. I made it myself." He ignited the blade, which hummed with a deep purple glow. "It is focused with a Lorrdian gemstone."

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna watched with a fascination, "Does it do anything cool?"

At the end of the day, Jonyna was always one to focus on function over aestetic. Sure, it was a lightsaber. But did it do anything special? One could probably make an argument for Jonyna's own childishness. She didn't consider herself as such, and those who knew her well could tell you she wasn't exactly immature, but she always tried to keep things lighthearted. Why grow up when you can keep life fun?

"Does it do anything?"
Taam laughed, charmed by Jonyna's feline curiosity and excitement. He held the saber upright, examining the glowing, humming violet blade. "Ages ago, even before you were born..." He winked at his mate cheekily, "...ancient Jedi infused these rare gems with ability to enhance the reading of one's opponent. When using it, I can identify the smallest tell of an opponents movements, and know almost exactly where their blaster will aim, or where they will strike with a weapon, giving me an advantage in defense. Also, I can predict where they intend to dodge when I attack. It's almost like a fighting-sight.

Taam explained, before switching the saber off. "Does that do enough for you?" He nudged Jonyna's side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom