Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lights of the Big Tent

Time: Midnight

James swaggered out of the town, a bottle in one hand, chuckling to himself. Another job well done, another two million in the bag and another evil kingpin would see himself undone. On one end, he had been hired by a kingpin to bring a few crates of Kylo's weapons to the area--on the other a smaller group of civilians who were sick of being oppressed contacted him and asked for help--and weapons. He agreed--selling them stronger weapons at a discount. After a few weeks of training from some of James' best mercenaries, they were a viable fighting force.

He chuckled, puffing a cloud of smoke around him, into the air. He saw a strange set of lights coming from a large set of pavilions on the middle of the park. James adjusted his gunbelt and took a swig of ale. This hadn't been here a few hours ago. And there were flashing lights. Chuckling, he began to stagger over, reeking of booze, his Zeltron Pheromones tobacco, and sweet cologne.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Niyla had semi-landed/ semi-crashed the CS Alura into this park. Luckily she landed where she needed to but she didn't understand how people could land in a park in the first place... there were so many trees. To be fair she isn't the best pilot in the galaxy. The troupe currently prepared to present their third show tomorrow for a small crowd, this seemed like a nice place to do so. Outside the vessel there were huge tarps laid out, a few park employees helping Shawn to set up the highwire. They were also testing some of the lights, which was probably growing some attention. Milo was working with Udrusa to pull the diving tank out and put it together. One might say the company was rushed... Nevermind that Niyla was currently laying underneath the ship covered in grease and sweat. She wore a thin black tank top and a short skirt, still she was burning up, this planet was hot. Really hot. She had no idea how she planned on staying in her ringmaster costume for hours tomorrow night while spotlights were all over her. Just another day in the life of the circus. At this thought she couldn't help from smiling. She finished tightened some old gas pipe that started leaking and slid out from underneath the ship, the smell of cologne liting her nose on fire. "What in the gods of Zeltros is that!" She yelled out and covered her nose.

James looked around, trying to find the speaker. A pair of lithe pink legs poked out form under the massive ship that had decided to take a nap in the middle of the park. However, James guessed by the dirt scuffing that it was less than a happy landing. He shook his head and sighed. Someone needed to get their stuff together, that was for sure. He knelt down and looked under the ship, letting out a soft chuckle.

"Well this be a nice view," he said playfully, letting a cloud of smoke from his lips.

His eyes narrowed on what she was doing--or trying to on this old rust bucket. Scratching his chin he shook his head--it was old. By far too old. It was clear to say that most of the parts were not originals and at that Jerry-rigged. He let one of his fingers run through the green goop that was dripping off a pipe.

"Miss, ye are on the wrong thing I'm afraid," he said examining the goop, "ye are messing with the primary air-shaft to the cockpit. If ye keep messing with it, all ye gonna do is kill the pilot on take off," he shook his head and offered her a drink of ale, "ye problem is along the cooling unit's pump." he sniffed the chemical, "secondary unit," the man gave it a lick, "it sprung a leak."

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

As she rolled out from under of the ship and came face to face with this man she made nothing of it. "A view you won't see much of." She said and rolled her eyes, just trying to avoid the stink of that cologne while she prepared the stage for their performance tomorrow.

He offered her ale and she simply wavered it off, hoping the drunken man would leave her alone. However this man followed her relentlessly, commenting on her ability to fix her own ship over and over. After his fourth comment the ringmaster spun around to look him in the eye, taking in a wiff of alcohol as he ran into her.

Why... I love nothing more than drunk people. She thought and placed a hand between their chests, pushing him off of her with a disgusted smile. "What would someone like you know about starships?" He may have been annoying but he was interesting in the least.

The question made James laugh the hardest he had in months--and that said something considering he laughed a lot. The spacer had to get his bearings, placing his hand on the rust-bucket's bulkhead to steady himself. Gasping for breath, James stowed his bottle of ale.

"Name's Captain James Justice--as in Justice Shipping. I been running tramp freighters since I were a wee lad, I fixed more ships than ye know, I run the Corellian in half the time most know and I done Kessel in a third," he straitened up and wiped the drunken comic act off his face, "I'm a smuggler, blockade runner, and a businessman. I got over half a dozen ships I own and command," the spacer chuckled and grinned, "How be that for answering your question?"

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

He may have expected her to swoon at his mention, but in her years traveling the galaxy she had met many drunken men who could tell a story. "And I'm Jedi master Ar'i survivor of order 66 out to get my revenge on the new order." She chuckled and shook her head. "So Mr. Justice, captain of the republic fleet, mind telling me who you really are? And why you're on my set?" Her voice sounding slightly amused but stern as well. He was unique for sure.

He'd make a good clown. At the thought she couldn't help but laugh as she pictured this...rather attractive man as a clown.

However the thought did cross her mind that he was telling the truth. In which case she would have been very embarrassed. It would be a perfect encounter though because she really had no clue what she was doing, she hoped he was who he said. However Niyla had been lied to by many people in her life. It would be hard to convince her of being such a renowned captain.

James cocked his head to the side and grined. She was a persistent one--but it worked.

He took a half step back, blowing out a wreath of cigarette smoke, "I know, I know, seeing is believing, now ain't it?"

The man pulled his left sleeve back, revealing a bronze bracelet. He blinked twice, a pair of contacts on his eyes illuminated with small lights as the HUD came to life. His fingers flitted over the keys for a minute. A loud roar of engines could be heard before the chrome figure of his Abattoir-class ship came into view from the horizon.

"Ye see that tree over there, between the tents?" James asked, his eyes focused on the contacts, "ye watch this."

The rail gun under his ship's nose rattled a quick round of fire, leveling it with precision. He looked at the Zeltron with glowing eyes and a smug grin, "Seeing is believing, aye?"

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

"Believing is believing." She was trying not to lose her edge with this fellow, yet there was no denying that that was cool. Niyla couldn't help but smirk as she leaned on her ship, wiping the sweat off of her neck as it dripped down. "Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here Mr Justice."

She pulled her hair up into a ponytail as she spoke to the man. Her attention seeming very busy but in truth she was solely focused on him. "Obviously my ship is a piece of junk. But it's my piece of junk. It has been in my family's name for over 350 years. Dating all the way back to the clone wars. I don't really know what my ancestors were thinking when they put twelve or so cargo ships into this girl but what is done is done." She patted the durasteel hull and smiled.

After her small speech the young ringmaster had finished pulling her hair up as a young man walked up to her and handed her a remote. "Do the honors Miss ringmaster?" He asked her, his sparkling eyes fixed on the Zeltron. "Certainy." She said kindly and raised her hand up. She pressed a button on the remote and the red stripped tarp suddenly burst from the ground as old levers and gears could be heard spinning the huge structure to its true form. When the noise stopped some of the crew members started to yell and shout with joy.

"Who's ready for a big ol' show?" She yelled out to them all, her voice only seeming to raise the cheering. Amongst the delight Niyla looked back to James and raised an eyebrow with a grin upon her face.

"Whaddya say, help a girl out?" She said and pressed another button on the remote. The loud roar of spotlights starting up and lighting the night sky.

James blinked twice. Had he missed something? Remotely flying the Lost Angel was incredibly difficult. He blinked twice and it gently landed on its props. He could feel her attitude shift in the Force. Eh, it would work, for him. The spacer pulled his leather sleeve back down and looked at the tent that had sprung up. It was impressive, massive even. He wasn't too big on cities or things like that, most all architectural beauties were lost on him unless they were ships. He guessed that was part of his essence of growing up on a tramp freighter. But this deserved a sense of respect.

"What do I say bout what?" he asked over the din of the loud music, "I dun't think I heard ye question over the cacophony." the he added, "I have a special respect for rust buckets like this that can stay running despite the odds."

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

She nodded to the boy as she handed the remote back. "Sorry, I got caught up in my words and I forgot to even tell you. I meant would you help me fix her up?" The ringmaster bent down and looked under the hull, noticing the pipe had started leaking again.

Great... She thought and sighed.

When she looked over to see he was beside her she let a smile come to her face. "So I don't ' kill the pilot on take off' " She chuckled as she quoted his previous words and wiped the grease off her hands.

James pulled the hydrospanner out of her pocket and reached across her to grab the can of insta-weld from her other pocket. His arm brushed along her body.

"I can," he said before diving under the ship.

He shook the can quickly and examined the pipe. He shook his head and sprayed an unhealthy dose of insta-weld on it. Chances were it would act up later, but he prefered to be safe instead of sorry and by later, he meant on re-entry--or three--later. Humming a tuneless song, he puffed out a second spew of smoke before climbing deeper into the ship's bowels.

He squirmed his way deeper into the ship, past a few bundles of electric cabling and a cluster of pipes. This ship was a work of art, that was for sure.

"Ye sure they dun't invent this thing before standardized shipping laws? Or logic even?" he quipped.

There it was, the leaking pump. Sighing, he pulled himself up to it and doused the pea-sized hole with the rest of the insta-weld. Eh, it really should have been replaced but, it would hold, right? A cable popped off the wall in his hand, and James fell to the ground with a grunt. That would bother the ship probably, he thought, when the realized a door wouldn't open--later.

"Feth," he groaned standing uneasily and before taking a swig of alcohol.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Niyla watched as the mysterious man disappeared into her ship.

Hmm. I didn't know that was an entrance. She thought sarcastically and rubbed the back of her neck. She crawled inside just a little to make sure it hadn't devoured him. "Still in there?" She yelled up, in return hearing a muffled voice. "I guess thats a yes?" She said aloud, suddenly Niyla heard a crack and he fell about 10 feet, almost landing on top of her. "Jeez! You alright?" She asked him slightly concerned, his response was a measly 'Feth' She didn't really know what that meant, she assumed he made it up.

"Alright then, so is it fixed?" She asked trying to be persistent on the matter. She could tell he was prone to distraction.

James brushed some of the dirt off his sleeves. Where had his cigarette gone? He looked around and shrugged before fishing in his pocket to find another. James nodded his head as he lit up and sent an initial puff of smoke.

"If ye are asking if the leak is fixed, aye tis fixed," he replied moving the cigarette on his lips, "if ye are asking if it will work properly, I dun't know if a ship this old could work properly," he chuckled and smirked with a twinkle in his eyes, "especially if that same person be piloting it."

He had a good feeling he knew who had been at the steering yoke last time--and he had a feeling she was standing in front of him. A ship like this required expert work to keep moving. Someone who was so used to flying hulking pieces of junk it was second nature to them.

James shook his head, he pitied this poor old bird.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Niyla could tell he knew what he was doing. She shook her head as she thought about what next to say, he had a charm to him that was for sure, but most of that charm was covered up by that annoying attitude of his.

"Alright, look. How about I give you a tour of the vessel?" She asked with a hesitant yet also desperate voice.

While she waited for a response she walked out from the of the belly of the ship, insinuating that he follow. As she could now stand all the way up she laid her arms back and landed into a crescent cartwheel, sighing of relief. It probably looked odd to an outsider, but he'd be surprised if he thought this was her being flexible.

"And hey, thanks for fixing that leak." She said while holding the pose, her voice softer than before. It was evident she genuinely appreciated the assistance.

James scurried after her and--binked when she did her cartwheel-thing. He shook his head, some of these carnies were stranger than a drunk wookiee smoking deathsticks while singing karaoke. He chuckled at that mental image. James looked at his chono, he had no where to go for now, really.

He chuckled as he fished his flask of ale out of his pocket, "I just got something against pilot genocide," taking a quick mouthful he let out a satisfied sigh before offering it to her again, "If ye want to show me around, feel free. I always enjoy and respect seeing an old rust-bucket in action, or a tour of it anyhow," he smirked and leaned against the bulkhead. "Ye know me first ship were a Dynamic-class freighter. It had at least a few hundred more years on ye tin can here."

James slapped the hull, a small metal plate fell off the side, missing his face by an inch. He blinked, "I--er--will fix that later."

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

As the metal piece fell off the threw her body up from the crescent cartwheel. She almost yelled at him accompanied by a hard punch to the arm but decided it would be better to just ignore it, especially considering her circumstances. It seems like Niyla was finally getting a hold on her temper. "Alright-just make sure you do." She rolled her eyes as she climbed up the ladder to the main door. "It's just up this ladder here." She couldn't help but smile as he drunkenly attempted to climb the thing.

Once James found his way up he would notice the odd entrance. It was a large circular corridor with 4 hallways coming from various ends. To the left of them was a singular hallway which led to an elevator which went up and down to the various three floors.

The top floor would lead to the living quarters: Ringmasters quarters, Captains quarters, crew quarters, and guest quarters. And the communal facilities: Observation room, recreation room, gym, and library.

The second floor would lead to the control centre, show planning room, ward room (formal meeting room), briefing rooms, and engine room.

The third leading to the Infirmary, trophy hall, hall of fame, and training room (the training room took up an entire shipping container).

To the right of them was the storage / smuggling compartments, Alura Traveling Circus lights, tarps, sets, stage, crafting room, and kennels.

Niyla looked to him and smiled. "Care to pick a hall?" She asked with a mischievous tone and gestured to the many paths, flipping her bangs out of her eyes while doing so.

James had a lot of experience being drunk--considering that he spent most of his waking hours in one level of intoxication or another. All the same, this place was quiet strange. The world of the circus was one that made him question his sanity--there was a reason he decided to normally stay away from these kinda places. He could smell the general, faint way of failing engines and dying circuitry. It always held a fond place in his heart.

His trained eyes easily saw several points on the bulkhead that had been modified to smuggle, and several weight-bearing walls that really should have been given more support. It was a miracle, especially with whoever was piloting this miss-matched dinosaur, that it was still in one piece.

When she asked if he cared to pick a hall, the spacer quirked an eyebrow. Was she asking him to--well she was a Zeltron, after all. He shook his head, "Hold up, miss, hold up. I fixed ye ship, I ain't agreed to nothing. I dun't know where ye got that idear from but in case ye ain't noticed I got the Lost Angel and well, I also be a businessman. I own a fleet," he chuckled and gave her a sly look, "or do ye still need to see proof of that too?"

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

"No I believe you." She said not really believing him, twitching her eyes as she watched him.

Wait, wait. Did he think I was offering him a job? She sighed and shook her head. He was aggravating her and she had a show to prepare for. "No I meant for the tour, pick a hall to start on." Drunk people. She thought and couldn't help but chuckle.

As she looked at him she rolled her eyes. "You a businessman? And I'm a krayt dragon."

"Well I didn't know krayt dragons came in pink," he said ruefully before adding, "And I am not intoxicated---yet."

The spacer shook his head. Everyone was a critic. Ah well, he could live with it. He spewed a long, thick breath of smoke. He would deal with that later.

"Surprise me," he said with a shrug. "I like surprises--if ye can." He chuckled. "Ye might do yer best but ye will find that be harder than ye thinks."

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

She looked at him again, perhaps she was being unfair. Niyla was honestly just a little stressed at the moment. She let a faint smile find her lips. "Alright." She said, her tone much kinder than before, in fact a little bit taunting.

Niyla swung her body and walked towards the elevator, as he caught up with her she pushed the green button which seemed to activate it to the side and underneath was another smaller button, she pressed this button and the doors slid open, however no elevator was there. Instead was a three story training room, lined with red paint on the floor, ceiling, and walls. There were various designs and fancy paintings laid across the walls.

However the true work of art was the many dancers and acrobats swinging from the curtains and tightropes hung all over the huge space. They all wore delightful faces and looked at home. "These people, some are older and younger than me. They were looking for a home, and what I do here is give them one. Among other things of course." She looked over to some of the smuggling compartments and a chuckle escaped her lips. "They are my family, and we would die together." Niyla looked back to him as her eyes started to swell. "Why don't you just watch the show tomorrow?"

Perhaps she brought James over to the training room to try and convince him they were not freaks, when she just reminded herself why she was proud to call herself a freak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom