Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Light Will Guide

Kei Raxis' Quarters
The Jedi Enclave
Deneba
The clacking of her boots was the only sound which accompanied her down the narrow corridor.

She walked with a clarity of mind that she had not experienced in what felt like an eternity. In many ways, she doubted she had ever felt this way at all. Simply being here, in the Deneba Enclave, among so many who genuinely aspired to their duties, was refreshing. It was as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, a burden she had never known she was carrying, and each step she took became lighter.

More certain.

It was late, later than it had any right to be in truth, and what was intended as being a short meditation session had lasted a day at least. In fact, the sun had descended twice since they had parted ways. She could only hope that he had not taken offense, that he did not presume her answer lay within that silence.

The number for the room was recited over and over in her mind, and though she knew it was numerous doors down at this point her eyes still drifted to each one she passed.

Her attire remained as simple as it had been since she had first changed, what appeared to be training garments now adorning her sun-kissed skin that had all but healed by this point, the wonders of modern medicine. Unlike previously, her hair was now tied back, small braids pulling at the sides as a very subtle nod to her heritage... Truth be told, it was one of the few hair styles she knew how to pull of. She hadn't even considered the connotations.

When she came to a halt in front of his door, she faltered for but a moment. What if he was asleep? What if she was disturbing his study, or meditations, or... One small exhale of breath was enough to quell those concerns, as she brushed them from her mind entirely. Instead she gingerly reached out with the Force, and while much of the corridor was filled with slumber, beyond the door she sensed waking consciousness.

Lifting one hand, she brought it down in a very gentle knock and took one step back. She stood with perfect posture, waiting patiently as ever.

Kei Raxis' Quarters
The Deneba Enclave
Deneba

keiparagraphseparator.png
Kei cracked his knuckles. It was getting late, most of the temple was asleep. Kei normally would of been one of those, off in whatever dream world his brain could put together while he slept. Instead, he was pacing around. He had too much on his mind to sleep, the fact his family was tearing itself apart in some stupid Mandolorian civil war and he didn't know how to help. He cracked his knuckles again, just for something to do.

He heard the knock at the door, and he closed his eyes. He felt a presence in the force that he had felt only a few days prior. Mysa, the girl to whom he had offered the role of his padawan. He hadn't heard from her because, last he knew, she was deep in meditaiton. She was thinking over his offer as well as many other things that she probably had to think over. Kei shook his head, grinning to himself.

Lack of sleep made him hyperactive.

He opened the door, nodding to Mysa. He stepped aside, offering her entry. It wasn't the cleanest apartment, it was a mess. His lightsaber sat on the desk in the far corner of the room and his boots lay besides the door. There was a chair in the corner that was clear of clutter however, and Kei gestured to it. He offered her the chair. At the end of the day, she was the guest in his quarters. He took a seat on the edge of the bed, nodding.

"Good evening, Mysa. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

There was no great length of time between her small raps against the door and its opening.

Beyond the entryway Jedi Knight Raxis stood, and soon after he stepped aside and gestured for her to enter. Before she took so much as a step forward, however, her body shifted into a low bow of respect toward him, her expression surprisingly neutral throughout the gesture.

"Good evening, Master Jedi, I do hope that I am not disturbing you."

Rising back up she finally took one step forward, and a smile broke over her lips - light and unoffending. The room beyond was in stark contrast to her own which looked untouched. This seemed to be a well used room, no doubt a study and an office and a rec room and a bedroom all in one. Notes and flimsiplast books were scattered here and there, the only thing which seemed to have a true place was his lightsaber which lay upon the desk, a little more neatly placed than the rest.

She couldn't blame him for that, a lightsaber was an extension of the Jedi who wielded it, after all. It held a part of its maker within it.

He stepped around her and she heard the door close as he approached his bed and perched on the edge of it. Her eyes drifted to the offered seat, but for the time being she remained standing... It only felt appropriate, after all.

"Straight to business" she said, with another smile, when he asked why she was there, "I can appreciate that, Master." One slow step forward brought her toward the center of the room, and once there she settled her gaze upon him.

"I spent much of the past day in meditation, I silenced my thoughts and allowed the Force to guide me to my conclusion, Master Jedi; If it remains your wish to enact an Apprenticeship, then I would like to accept a place as your Padawan. Though we have not known each other long, I am certain that the trust required will come naturally."

Her head bowed then, as she awaited his judgement.

[member="Kei Raxis"]

Straight to the point.

That summed him up quite well. His eyes danced across the room for a few moments before they settled on Mysa, his gaze upon her. He assumed that she had meditated and was here to provide her answer. He hoped she replied postively, Kei wanted to learn from her. He wanted to learn from her and learn about her struggle. She could and would teach him without even realsing that she was doing so. Kei was looking forward to it.

If she accepted.

Then she delivered her answer. He breathed a sigh of relief, almost sinking back in the chair. He looked up to Mysa, a smile plastered across his face. He pushed himself from the chair, fingers wrapped around the wooden seat.

"I was, in many ways, hoping that you would say that. I look forward to working with you, the trust will come in time and I don't doubt that friendship will follow. I look forward to working with you, my padawan."

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

She could sense his relief just as readily as she could see it writ upon his expression when she gave her answer. Curious, curious indeed. She had never really been through this process before, true she'd had a Master in the Silver Jedi but Coci had been her Mother as much as her Master, and there had never been anything official about it, just an unspoken agreement.

Her gaze lingered upon him for a moment as he spoke, her expression remaining wholly neutral throughout though his smile was almost infectious, enough to brighten up her eyes if nothing else.

"I am interested to see where our path shall lead us, Master," she responded, before once again inclining her head toward him, "I hope that we learn all we can from one another, with the Force to guide us."

She did not know what this entailed. She did not know what a regular Apprenticeship looked like, what was expected of her, or of him, but she would do her research, and she would be vocal about such when the need arose. For now, though, the groundwork was necessary.

"Is there anything you expect of me, going forward, Master? Anything I ought to know before I leave this room tonight? I have been a Padawan once before, that is true, but it was far from orthodox."

[member="Kei Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom