Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG The Legend of the Sword - An Enclave Story

enclave.png

05803ae3e208773f4f571a0031817524.png

The Legend of the Sword - An Enclave Story

Score

Introducing my long awaited story campaign for Faison. I’ve been hoping to develop some relationships with my fellow mando rpers to participate in this. So if you’ve ever roleplayed with Faison, please feel free to sign up below. If you haven’t, but would still like to be involved, please post below with an interesting idea on how you’re character could get involved!

What does it mean to be a Mandalorian? Many would tell you that it means living by The Creed; which involves wearing armor, carrying weapons, fighting with honor, and teaching others to do the same. Others would boil down the identity of what it means to be Mandalorian as one’s simple heritage of hailing from Mandalore itself, or one of its ancestral satellite moons. Viewpoints as to what it means vary widely between the two mentioned. Despite the myriad of beliefs and thoughts to this point, many lose sight of the whole meaning behind the Mandalorian way of life in the process of defining a concrete, generic answer.

The truth is far deeper than a mere creed, or a unifying entity such as the now-defunct Mandalorian Union, or the nascent Enclave. To truly be a Mandalorian, one must look inward as to why they are what they are; why they feel the need to adhere to the way of life which defines them as such. For some, the reason could be little more than their heritage, with each action and tradition upheld serving as a silent homage to their proud culture. For the few who are a head above the ‘rank and file’ of those who claim adherence to the Creed, their identity as Mandalorian runs bone deep - as if the very fibers of their soul are forged from Beskar. They see meaning within the words which form the Resol’nare, living a harsh existence in which the wisdom of its words are a reality, not just a philosophical belief.

In the case of one specific son of Mandalore, he had spent much of his life separated from the call of Mand’alore, carving a life for himself amongst mainstream society. Eventually, he donned the armor of his father in token adherence to his father’s way of life, selling his blaster to the highest bidder, who were not always the most honorable of masters to serve. It was only after joining himself to a select few individuals in the galaxy that Faison Kelborn finally saw what it meant to embrace the storied legacy of his father’s people.

For the past few years, Faison has isolated himself from the brothers and sisters who helped him to see for himself where he was lacking, engaging in a pilgrimage of self-discovery as to the true meaning of The Way. Now, he has returned in the hopes of securing support from the chosen few who he considers to be his companions; those who played a key role in helping him to face the reality of who he was, and who he needed to become. The journey to becoming that person is not over yet, but he will need the strength of his peers to embark on the journey of his life - namely, to seize his destiny as the scion of Clan Kelborn, and reclaim the ancestral sword of his father.

Or die trying.

• Thread #1: Pools of Mandalore - Wishing to atone for the misspent years of his early adulthood, Faison and his companions venture to the scarred ancestral world of Mandalore itself, where they will brave unspeakable horrors to afford him the opportunity to bathe within the pools beneath the ruins of the great mines of old; If they can find one.
  • Thread #2: Skjölonír - Before even attempting to reconnect with the Clan of his birth, Faison must reclaim the blade of his father - the legendary blade of Clan Kelborn, Skjölonír. Doing so is easier said than done, however, as he will soon find out.
  • Thread #3: Scattered to the Wind - As was the case with many Clans of Mandalore, Clan Kelborn was fractured to a near-unrecognizable state after the Red Coronation. For decades, its sons and daughters have roamed the galaxy divided; toiling to carve out a life for themselves amongst the vastness of the galaxy beyond. Any chance of reunification falls upon the shoulders of Faison. While it is his responsibility to do so, he will need the support of all of his companions to be successful in doing so.

enclave.png

Last edited:
Ijaat or Obran, either one, would gladly accompany Faison on this. Obran, if nothing else, would love to chronicle it and lend his spear. And Ijaat has been on a similar journey and could help in finding the pools too, having lived and made his mark in Beskar'yaim, a former beskar mine on the planet.

Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn

Yeah, count me in, partner.

Not a Mando, but this guy knows Faison. Count him in.

how based of you.

I'm in.

Jhira adores exploring the nature of Mandalorains, and knows a bit about the current state of Mandalore, being part of the efforts to restore it. I’d love to have her come along, especially if her Alor is going!

Does anyone have a rough idea when they'd like to start the first thread? Obviously we all have different schedules, so I don't want to get too granular. And as a PSA, this thread series isn't meant to be super hardcore 'post within x amount of hours' or anything like that. I'd prefer it doesn't stall out, but I want this to be enjoyable for all. :)

Let me know what y'alls thoughts are.

Also, tagging Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla to try and guilt him into joining this. :p

Does anyone have a rough idea when they'd like to start the first thread? Obviously we all have different schedules, so I don't want to get too granular. And as a PSA, this thread series isn't meant to be super hardcore 'post within x amount of hours' or anything like that. I'd prefer it doesn't stall out, but I want this to be enjoyable for all. :)

Let me know what y'alls thoughts are.

Whenever for me, amigo. I make space on schedule.

Also, tagging Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla to try and guilt him into joining this. :p

Yay Kranak !!!

Hey all,

Any objections for another solo Mandalorian joining up? I love character development and a thread like this is a great way to do it.

Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn Kale!! eeeee! Jhira knows him; they went on several missions together. I think Vren Rook Vren Rook too. well, he knows everyone! <3
(so happy you are here too!)

My weekends are always busier than my weeks but I'll do my best whenever start. I don't have happy faces figured out on my new computer yet, so <3 instead!

If you're ever interested in a run in with an isolated, dubbed-Dar'manda-a-dozen-times-over, outcast of a Mandalorian that is a reflection of Faison's 'for the highest bidder' old self, feel free to hit me up!

Sounds very enticing. I'll keep this in mind for future threads. It's starting to look pretty full in this series though. seriously tho, I'm very flattered by the reception this plot has gotten.

Hey all,

Any objections for another solo Mandalorian joining up? I love character development and a thread like this is a great way to do it.
I don't mind. Do you wanna have your character get Involved By happenstance? I don't think Faison and Kale have met each other IC
Kale Onara Kale Onara and Vren are old friends. We can easily handwave it there. And Faison and Kale have met - during the Solstice when everyone was in the bar :D

I might be interested but this might be at player cap already. Sundays are best for me.

Already had you accounted for man, welcome aboard. :)

Thread is live yall, see below:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom