Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Man Standing Gets No Pity (Samka Derith)

How accomplished the young Overlord must feel, [member="Samka Derith"] having thoroughly played him in just another of her games for which she apparently excelled in. Lowering his head in compliance, not by demand but by his recognition of her talents, Brennan took the moment to reflect briefly on what it was that the Supreme Leader had seen in arguably the youngest within their Order to place her at the top of their hierarchy. Looks could ever so be deceiving; it was difficult not to judge the young Woman by her age yet her actions spoke louder than the words she feigned in innocence.

It was true, Brennan could and likely would have been killed in his attempt to take her down with him, yet Decitus had other plans. She would no doubt recognize that the Knight standing before her did not fear his own demise, on the contrary, dying for their grandiose Leader was expected of them when the time was most prudent; yet they were not to throw their lives away needlessly and as she had told him, waste the resources of Sieger Ren's own. Most interesting to note was her admittance however at the proposed fury that she might feel were role's reversed, it offered some small comfort to his otherwise wounded pride in that knowing he was not the only one that might have taken things so blatantly into hand with disregard for all else around him, consequences and all.

"As you wish, Decitus..." Caehl Ren replied nonchalantly, acknowledging their lesson having come to its end and her dismissal of him, he stood upright and began to make a turn back in the direction the two had come. He did not take the Dirk itself but instead the poisonous blade dissipated into wisps of black smoke, the release from his talisman spurred on by the Knight's will that she need no longer take care of his signature weapon. "I will return to the Bastion, there are still Jedi out there within our sector that require a firm hand..." And he could certainly afford to let out some of his raw anger as well.

Stepping off, his eyes fell upon the path ahead, his senses stretched out around him that he might try to gain a sense of his new Master's feelings over this situation. To take on a Knight of Ren in order to complete ones training, it was not something that she would have been obligated nor pressured into yet it too seemed to difficult to believe that she would do so of her own free-will. In the end, he concluded that she simply saw promise in keeping him alive long enough to put his talents to the field of war and bleed out their foes, rather than lose him to his arrogance.

"Then see that that it is done and if you require assistance in your hunting, you know who to ask. I meanwhile, do have some bird watching I'd like to do," the young woman glanced back to where she'd heard the call before. "Since you didn't feel like joining me, I suppose I'll have to go alone," she teased the retreating figure.

She continued to watch the man take the path up to the Bastion until he was out of sight, offering a smile and a wave should he look back. [member="Brennan Cabrol"] was an interesting sort, she reflected, so close and yet so far from their ideal specimen. With just a little more pushing in the right direction, he'd be of true worth to their cause. She'd just have to be careful how hard she pushed given his emotional temperament. Hopefully he'd have come away from this experience knowing a little more about himself.

Now came the hard part, planning the next lesson. "I'm too young to be a teacher," Samka sighed to herself casting another look into the jungle undergrowth. Free time was fleeting, she may as well make the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom