Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Call [Open to Friendly People watching Darknet Matches]

Kyle Farnes

K
Former First Order Platform The Last Call
Outer Rim Territories​
Snoke On the Water Bar
8kcRaFr.png
Still recovering from the last fight, helping free out some slaves from the new sectors of the Outer Rim, Kyle found himself at the bar. He was deep in Outer Rim territory and had gotten himself a few days leave. The location was designed to help relax, and it was built on the bones of part of the old First Order war machine. It was a fitting use for it now. Used to cause so much damage, but now was a location that was expressly Outer Rim. Drinks and entertainment.

He came in because of what was being shown. Four screens, four matches. Pay per view.

Shockboxing Tournament! Kyle was always up for someone teaching themselves how to fight, and showing how well they fought. Grabbing himself a shot of whiskey and a pint, he grinned. Getting up from the bar, he looked around, a few tables, pool, music, but the fights were on the larger screens. He didn’t have any money down yet, but he wanted to see these fights.

And it was always good to get away from the missions.

"Theeeeeeeph this was a terrible ideeeeeeea."

Not that Theph could hear her.

Because of the necessary secrecy of the exact location, and promises blah blah blah yadda yadda, Tate was currently perched on a barstool, a glass of water clenched tightly in one hand, and leaning over too far as she peered at the screen that held a particular familiar face.

Oh, the money was good. Twenty fat karking kay? Tate had been working her rear end off at second story work since they ditched Taris and that hadn't even come close to what Theph could bag if she won that round. That didn't make the whole thing any less nerve wracking. It was one thing to go sneak into apartments and shove stuff in sacks. That didn't even remotely strike Tate as dangerous. But Theph was deliberately going to get her punch faced in.

Wait.

Face punched in. That.

When did THAT get fun?

Apparently for Theph in was a BLAST.

She knew that salute off into the dark was for her. Well, she thought she did. She HOPED it was. What if it wasn't though? Tate groaned, her head dropping with a tup to the bartop.

"This is hell," she muttered into the wood.

One... two... three... exhale. Inhale... one... two... three. Exhale.

The screams of the crowd were distant to me. Off and away from the rest of the contenders of these fights. Why? I was sitting in the wing. Waiting should someone drop out and not show, coward as they are, or should both be eliminated from a match. In the room I sat in, alone, was a screen projector playing on multiple screens how the fights were going down. A Mandalorian and a Droid were going mono-a-mono. A cat fight between a twilek, and potential Kiffar from the facial tattoos. Seemed interesting enough for those two fights. I had a feeling I knew who was going to win from the get go, but you never know. Underdog story in the making.

However, There was a second fight between women where one was clearly larger than the other. Yet the smaller girl had the warrior look in her eyes. Scrappy and would be well able to hold her own. The outcome of that would be a close match in my eyes. Same went for the fight between a human female, and the green skinned woman. A species I had never seen in my life. New, but not unexpected.

What really got me to wonder, was the fight between two older individuals. People who were past their prime, but very likely made up for that in raw experience. That alone would be trouble should I have to be called into that fight. However, the last fight had me on ends. A girl, pretty, up against a man who was prepared for a mean fist fight. I had a feeling that whoever this Li, character was, he would be one of the more difficult people to face up against.

My breathing kept my heart rate low as I looked over the screens. Looking at each fight piece by piece. All the while, wrapping my hands in bandages and preparing to enter the ring myself. Even then, I may not see any glory today. No money today. If anything, I might make a few bets that would be worth my time. Shrugging my shoulders, I continued breathing, and wrapping of my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom