Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The King's Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

K I N G ' S
F A L L
pavel-petrenko-fin01.jpg
"For those whose will is stronger than Iron."
- Inscription entombed with the weapon

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create an exotic weapon for future roleplay.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Slugthrower Pistol
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Depleted Baradium Rounds
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Krayt dragon pearl damage output modification.
  • Damage output modification increases damage with a desire to inflict harm, decreases damage with a lack of desire.
  • Yorik coral frame with reinforcing agrinium components.
  • Enhanced grip pattern-weave for decreased recoil.
  • Barrel rifling for stabilized rounds and extended range.
STRENGTHS
  • Quest for Blood: An already powerful weapon, the damage output of the King's Fall is amplified by the desire of its user to inflict damage on an opponent through a krayt dragon pearl inlaid in the weapon.
  • Close-Quarters: The small size and weight of the weapon make it ideal to use in tight situations or close-quarters combat.
  • Long Ranges: Unlike most weapons of its size, the King's Fall is able to work effectively at long ranges.
  • High Worth: The unique design and function of the King's Fall, as well as the history behind it, makes it a one-of-a-kind weapon that is extremely valuable.
WEAKNESSES
  • Weak-Willed: Just as rewarding the King's Fall is to those who have a will of iron, those that do not have the mental strength or resolve to inflict damage will see the power of their bullets weaken.
  • Force-Dead: For those that are dead in the force, or are in areas that have a void absent of the force, the power amplification of the weapon will not function.
  • Low Reserves: The King's Fall has an extremely low magazine, which veritably requires the user to have extra ammunition on hand, and each shot missed is a shot wasted.
DESCRIPTION
The Mandalorians were a race that was not a stranger to war. Through the millenniums, they had endured wars and battles and crusades against veritable any and every opponent the galaxy had to offer; The Sith. The Jedi. Thousands of different governments and armies, all who had chosen to fight against the proud warriors of the Mando'ade. But then the Yuuzhan Vong came, an extragalactic race of warriors whose battles had been so calamitous that it had destroyed their home galaxy and severed their connection to the force. The Vong turned the galaxy upside down as hundreds of trillions of beings were killed. At first, the Mandalorians sided themselves with the life-worshiping, technology-abhorring people.

But when the eyes of the Yuuzhan Vong turned onto Mandalore, they knew they must fight once more for their culture, their families, and their future.

The result was the Battle of Mandalore: not the first battle to take place on the planet, nor would it be last, but it was ever the more destructive. Millions of Mandalorians, close to an entire generation, fought and died to protect their home. Fighting was exceptionally fierce over the small town of Bralsin, where Mandalorians killed thousands of Yuuzhan Vong warriors as the trees of the idyllic village burned around them. Eventually, the Yuuzhan Vong were driven off the world, and despite their heavy casualties, the Mandalorians became the first people to independently defeat the invaders. Yet, their victory came at a steep price -- Bralsin, and so many other settlements and villages like it, were in complete ruins. Millions of warriors were dead, entire clans were suddenly extinct, and Mandalore's economy and infrastructure were in shambles.

Lorri of Clan Fal'sig was no warrior. She had chosen the highly-coveted, but the rarely-trodden path to become a gunsmith and forge master, and had spent most of her life in Bralsin crafting weapons for her brothers and sisters to use in battle. Yet when the Yuuzhan Vong came, she did her part to defend her home; and when the fighting had subdued, she realized that the home she had fought for no longer existed. Bralsin was little more than a crater, a graveyard, and her Clan was extinct except for her. In her rage and grief, one gunsmith who'd fought at Bralsin declared a personal quest of vengeance, and chased after the Yuuzhan Vong at every turn, seeking out revenge in turn for those of her people that had been ruthlessly killed. At last, she managed to corner and capture a Shaper Adept, who cowered and pleaded for his life.

In a moment of weakness, Lorri agreed that the Shaper would keep his life if he helped her craft a weapon in which she could exact her vengeance. The Shaper nodded his head, and together the two covertly crafted the King's Fall, using the organic Yoral Coral of the Yuuzhan Vong to shape a slugthrower that could deal damage out of extreme proportion. Yet, unbeknownst to the Shaper, Lorri added a Krayt Dragon Pearl that had been the last relic of her clan, allowing the weapon to feed off of the energy that it gave. And, with her resolve pure, the weapon finished and the Shaper's back turned, Lorri turned the King's Fall on the Shaper and watched him crumple to the floor.

The weapon of legend was thought to be lost in time; that is until a young gunsmith stumbled upon what was left of it in the vaults of Old Bralsin during present day. The gunsmith aspired to make a name for herself and immediately took to refurbishing the ancient weapon. When she had finished with it, however, she realized it's dark power and nature; one that was too dark, too corrupting for even a member of a warrior-race to wield. After all the years she had spent working and rebuilding it, she hid it back where she had found it, in a place she deemed to be unfindable.

For although it's power is great, it came with a terrible price.

Last edited:
The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , this looks perfectly balanced and has an interesting background with it to boot.

I do have one question though: how exactly does this weapon work? I see mostly blaster components, but this appears to be a slugthrower as well. I'm perhaps most interested in how the Krayt Dragon Pearl plays into this, since I'm guessing that the effects derived from this are based on its use as a lightsaber crystal.

Gir Quee Gir Quee

The Krayt Dragon Pearl essentially draws on a users emotions via the force, and according to that emotion uses the force to increase or decrease the damage of the weapon. This function is primarily derived from the first use of the weapon and the imprint it had on the pearl, but it’s not an exact science; if there are any changes you feel should be made I’d be happy to make them.

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , I understand how the Krayt Dragon Pearl would work with a lightsaber or energy weapon - there is clear electrical energy being put into use there. However, a conventional slugthrower such as a revolver does not use electricity though, but rather uses a chemical reaction to propel the slug.

My basic question then is what is the operating action of this firearm? What drives the bullet down the rifled barrel?

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , so if it's chemical powered, where do the blaster components and the Krayt Dragon Pearl's ability to influence energy weapon's come into play then?

For the record, it's entirely possible to have an energy-propelled slugthrower. If you wanted to say that this is some sort of Mandalorian Ripper (given the submission's background), you could replace the blaster components and say something like "Mandalorian Ripper components" instead, and we'd be good to go.

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , I apologize for the delay, I've been talking to other factory staff members about different possibilities in how to source your manufacturer for this submission. As it stands right now, it's currently a strict, explicit reading of this rule is in place:

All manufacturers must be hyperlinked to their Company Submission, Faction group page, Character biography, or canonical Wookieepedia article where applicable.

This means that right now, we have to find a different place to source your manufacturer (such as in the character's bio) or we have to find a different manufacturer that can be linked right now.

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , regrettably right now, that's not currently an option.

I can understand your reasons for wanting it to be though.

With our options right now though, I personally think the easiest option right now would be to mention somewhere in your character's biography how the Quartermaster obtained the weapon. That would allow us to keep the unique history of how it was manufactured, while still fulfilling the requirements of the Factory ruleset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom