Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The King & The Witch

page_break_more_blend.png
Location: Ryloth (Mandragora Stronghold | Tags: [member="Vytal Noctura"] | Wearing: This
The evening sun had just set over the horizon when the Exarch's dropship descended back onto Ryloth's surface. There were three of the dropships, although only one of them was nearly midnight black in it's color, while the other two were a more standard shade of grey. The shuttles were just small enough to land in a clearing a few yards from the Mandragora's main hold. As the rest of daylight began to slip away, the doors to the shuttles opened in unison. All three of the craft let out a soft hiss, before only the sound of metal upon metal could be heard. Metallic beings began to offload from the ramps, clad in pale purple cloaks, with long metallic pikes stretching out from their hands. Fourty of these beings lined up, in two flawless formations, on either side of the ebony shuttle.

This shuttle was not filled with the metallic warriors, the Magnaguard, who had been upon the others. Instead the men who traveled down the path of this ramp were clad in shiny new armor, with amethyst sashes running from their shoulder to their waist. They had strange vibroweapons strapped to their sides, kept in place with a magnetic sheathe. There were only six of these men, and they seemed to move as if they were one. Following closely behind them, was the man who had warranted such a guard. The Exarch of the Confederacy. Unlike the others, he did not appear to be a warrior. There was no sign of an electrostaff or vibrosword. He wore a midnight black suit and his hair seemed freshly groomed into place. He appeared more like a businessman or a model than a head of the Confederacy. Though he was not entirely unarmed. His waist held the only bit of light. As the moon shined against the metallic cylinder attached to his belt, he made his way down the shuttle ramp.

The Guardsmen before him parted way, allowing him to lead the way towards the Mandragora's citadel. Darth Malphas said nothing as he passed the platoon of Magnaguard. They remained behind, here only because the Exarch had just returned from the outer regions of Confederate territory.

Malphas glanced up at the citadel before him, his lips drawing into a thin smile as he admired what the Witches of Ryloth had erected as their own. "It seems I owe Asher a drink." He said, before one of his hands sank into his pocket, another coming to brush against his chin for a few moments. "Captain, tell me more about these witches." He said, before continuing the walk to the citadel. Three of the Knight's in his company fell back behind the Exarch, who they regarded as their King. A single Knight remained by his side, speaking as they closed the distance to the main entrance.

"The Mandragora have recently increased their power, your grace. As you know, the Vicelord places a high interest in the dark arts of the witches. I don't actually believe they have produced much in the way of results, however lately they have been serving as one of The Confederacy's major sources for information on The Force and a few other things." The man's voice came with the naturally refined accent of an Illyrian, something Malphas had grown to appreciate.

"What do you think about them then, Captain?" The Exarch asked, arching a brow at the man with a curious expression on his face. "I don't have much of an opinion about them at all, your grace. They are exactly what they are, witches. If they help us, then I have no reason to hate them, but that does not mean I'll show any special interest in them." He said, from under his metallic helmet.

"It's been nearly a year since I gave those Witches the ancient Jedi Library. Honestly I didn't expect much from them in terms of usability. However, it seems I am wrong. If their growth continues then they'll become a major part of the Confederacy sooner than I'd expect. I may be able to use this to my advantage." This time the Captain said nothing, not caring or knowing better than to delve deeper into his ward's plans. He nodded, before falling back in line with the other Knights as they made their way into the citadel.

Outfit: Black Leather

Vytal Noctura stood before the towering doors of the Castle wearing a black corset, black long-sleeve shirt, and tight black pants. She casually tugged on the gauntlets affixed securely to her left forearm as creatures poured from the ships on the other side of the bridge. Of course the Nightsister of Dathomir and resident of the Mandragora had sought the Nightmother's attention, but as had occurred on Maramere she was unavailable. Some began to murmur and wonder how they should treat the Exarch's arrival without the head of their order present. Vytal had made it perfectly clear what she'd thought on the matter -- everyone in the Castle was to be made aware, secure their projects to ensure nothing happened while he was present, and to prepare accommodations for a welcome guest. An entourage of four Witches and four Warlocks, two inclined toward the Light and two of the Dark each, was then summoned to accompany Vytal attending to the man's arrival.

Honestly, sometimes these women and men were so busy researching ritualistic artifacts and spellcraft they forgot how the outside world worked. They should have been ashamed to have a Nightsister of all orchestrating this. Well, in truth, one or two others had spoken up, but Vytal's words always seemed to draw attention. Perhaps it was her constant flight throughout the complex speaking with as many of their number as possible. Learning secrets of offworlders had been the primary driving force for the pale woman being among the stars, after all.

Her fellow Mandragora lined up to either side of the doors that would lead into the Common Area (or Foyer as it were) with the women to Vytal's right, and men to the left. She took the center and was three steps forward. They awaited the man and his accompanying knights to cross the bridge and the courtyard as they saw fit. After all, he had chosen to visit them had he not? They would extend him their courtesy, but not run out to meet him as though desperate for his blessing.

He is a man, Vytal thought, but he has risen among his peers. Men like Hevn exist among the stars and are able to wield both the mystick arts and that of the Force. Be gracious. Be gracious. There wasn't a nervous bone in her body, only an attempt to better accept and understand the offworlders and their customs. Not necessarily embrace them, but she had begun to understand certain things not made possible on Dathomir. Treatment of men, for instance. Of course the Sisters did not abuse the Brothers, but neither had they invited them to learn their ways. Was that a mistake? Or was it truly a mistake to let men hold such power? Meeting one of such stature as Adron might hold sway to this intellectual debate.

Once he drew closer and her voice would not need to strain to be heard, Vytal lifted the hands at her side outward and upward halfway as she called out, "Welcome to the Castle of the Mandragora, Exarch Malvern. I am Mistress Vytal Noctura. I trust your vessel did not have any difficulty passing through our security network?" If his pilots had even informed him such a thing existed. Magick (or the Force) and technology alike shielded their home from an aerial or orbital assault. It did an effective job at dissuading uninvited guests as well. Fortunately such a high member of the Confederacy had personnel well aware of the protocol in approaching the Castle; the man's countenance would have been darker if they had not been and his vessel suffered a most turbulent approach.

What could the Exarch want with the Mandragora? Everyone was thinking it. Vytal herself had wondered it several minutes ago, but it was no longer worth entertaining. Now was the only moment that mattered. She would learn what he desired, and would either grant it if it was beneficial to do so, or politely refuse. If that was not enough, then she was adamantly refuse -- though hopefully that would be unnecessary. A Nightsister's adamant refusal was rarely received well by offworlders. They took it for more than its actual meaning. For if you angered a Witch of Dathomir it was not adamant, it was life-threatening. Few seemed to know the distinction. As always, Vytal would do what she felt was best for the Mandragora and by extension herself.

Tag: [member="Adron Malvern"]​

[member="Vytal Noctura"]
As the doors to the castle were opened to the Exarch, he took in the sight that laid before him. The Mandragora had crafted a fine place to call their own. In fact, it was not entirely unappealing to the Illyrian King. He drank in the interior of the castle for a moment as he heard a voice call out to him. His Knights took their place behind them, their hands clasped firmly behind their back. Although their eyes remained fastened on the Witches and Warlocks before them, they showed no sign of stress or over alertness. As the woman spoke, Adron's eyes came to rest on her with a keen interest. She had pale white skin that nearly reminded the man of the Echani, but she was not one of the hardened battle sisters. She was of another female-dominant species. The Dathomiri witches had rules Dathomir for thousands of years, keeping their warrior males subservient under their grip. The thought of that alone brought a thin, closed-lip smile to the man's face.

"It is my pleasure to see the fine work that the Mandragora have put into this citadel. I'm interested to know. Does it have a name? Or is it merely called the Castle of the Mandragora?" He asked, his eyes washing over her as if she was both his only focus and a being of no existence at all. His tone was honey and fire in the same sentence, refined yet firm and powerful. No matter the suit he wore or the company he kept there was one thing about the man that did not change. The Dark Side of the Force seemed to have swallowed him whole, wrapping itself around him like a cloak of shadows and darkness.

"Reste Ici." The Exarch would speak in pure Illyrian, his head turning back towards his guard. In unison each of the men brought their fist to their chestpiece, placing a flat hand upon their chest while bowing their heads in acknowledgement. "My guardsmen can remain here, no need to crowd your castle." There was a notable way that the man said castle, though it was difficult to interpret it as a magnificence or a mockery. "The reason I've come is because this Castle is, essentially, a military structure within The Confederacy. That means it is subject to my inspection. Although a full inspection would take some time to complete. So I'd like you to simply give me a tour. Keep your secrets, I don't need them yet." He said, with a smile that seemed so sweet it was nearly sickening.

He gestured to the woman just before running a hand along his chin. "Lady Vytal. Your name has crossed my desk more than once. As I hear it you are becoming a prominent member within the Mandragora. Care to tell me more about it during the tour?" He asked. The Exarch seemed to be relatively kind. There was the natural pompousness of nobility, yet when it suited him he did have the ability to put on the facade of kindness. Though it never did last long. Yet, while the Exarch put little faith in these witches, he knew they would certainly have their uses.

Vytal regarded the man as he approached. She had not the pleasure of meeting a Sith Lord in person. Whispers of the intrusive Force Users that came to her world in search of its secrets spread among all Sisters. How could it not? Women and Men -- mostly Men, painfully enough -- that seemed to gain one or more Clan Mothers' trust. None truly understood why, but then none could say they truly ever understood their Clan Mother. She was the strongest and wisest of him; her council her's to keep. None doubted, but yet at the same time they wondered. What did the Sith bring that was worth tolerating their impatient search for knowledge and power? Few would say they believed the offworlders respected the women of Dathomir. They left once they obtained what they wanted.

Or worse, they did not leave. No, first the Mandalorians and then this Sith 'Empire' constructed things on Dathomir. The Mandalorians were the most offensive of the two with their massive fortress as if to claim dominance over the Nightsisters as it towered over them. Vile beasts.

This Exarch, however, was not one of them. Something like them, but different. Vytal did not truly understand. Tomes on the subject were insightful, but could you ever claim to understand a person by reading a book about them? There were subtleties and nuances easily overlooked or read in a different light by both author and reader. All of them carried their own understanding, and their own preconceptions. So, what then did she make of this man before her now?

A small, polite smile graced Vytal's lips at the man's curiosity. Her voice was free of hesitation or uneven temperament, "Vureshakkairn. The meeting place between the Light and the Dark, where all secrets are laid bare." Unless the Mandragora chose not to share those revelations, of course. Their Vault deep within the mountains elsewhere helped ensure that.

While the man feigned -- or perhaps genuinely -- to both notice and ignore her presence, the Nightsister's eyes took note of him and the accompanying entourage all at once. The man had come here, and so she would know him. If her interest offended him then Adron should not have bothered to come. If he desired her to feign similar disinterest he need not worry; Vytal's interest only extended as far as the man warranted it. A mere tour with nothing of valued shared would be written off as little more than an attempt to glean hidden knowledge or gauge the strength of the Mandragora -- either in preparation to include them, or as a prelude to invasion.

"You are too kind, Exarch Malvern. However, you should be aware the Mandragora is open to anyone that seeks -- and proves themselves worthy -- to understand the mysteries of the existence that surrounds us. The exchange of knowledge and examination of countless artifacts allows us the opportunity to reach our full potential." The words were sincere, but not soft nor demure in idealistic well-wishing hoping all people of the galaxy would come together and share their intimate secrets so one, Great Tome could be produced. The most powerful always kept at least one secret close; something that defined them. The Mandragora would happily extract this from them, pour over it, and add it to their collection. Would every Sister or Brother be worthy of such knowledge? Few would probably come close to committing to memory even a sliver of what was at their fingertips, but whatever it was that drove a person their Vault was sure to have something tantalizing.

As the man's basis for coming, Vytal managed to bite her tongue. Military structure. By the Fanged God. However, the Mandragora had instituted quite a number of defenses. The way Pom put it, the galaxy did not trust Witches (or Warlocks) and might some day come to relieve them of their possessions -- or their lives. It never hurt to be prepared.

Vytal looked to those at her side and gave a slight nod for them to stay and make sure the Exarch's guards weren't uncomfortable while they waited. And make sure they didn't try anything so foolish such as becoming too curious about the castle. Not that Adron would ever exceed the graciousness of his host.

She turned to lead the man down one Wing that would take them by the on-site Library. The smile on her dark lips grew for a moment as she extended her hand toward the hallway, which she proceeded down shortly. "I would be most interested in what you have heard, Lord Adron," Vytal replied with a growing illness to her belly. Social interactions like these she had observed in passing and knew of the verbal spars of Mothers, but that did not mean she had intended to-- Well, what Sister didn't dream of becoming a Clan Mother? Though she was certain no young Sister dreamed of mixing it with the sickening offworlder politics. "As a Nightsister of Dathormir, Morai of the Fates of Midnight, and Sister of the Mandragora, I strive only to protect my family and ensure the secrets of the Confederacy are known only to those worthy of them. I do whatever needs done to ensure the Sisters and Brothers here can perform their work uninterrupted. And from time to time I bring the knowledge of power learned here to the battlefield to ensure our continued security."

Their progress stopped outside two large, wooden double doors that had been cast open to reveal what seemed to be an endless series of towering bookcases on either side of a large walkway. Women and men alike slowly traveled to and from among the stacks. Every now and then a book drifted overhead. Several stacks of books were arranged on a large desk in the center near the front; these every minute or so would rise and then be placed in stacks closer to the bookcases. A discerning eye might catch a title or two of the tomes and given time notice they were being sorted by subject.

"This is our Library. As my dear Sister is fond of saying, the spirits guard it jealously. Not one book is ever found missing from this hall." The way Pom had introduced it had been more forthright about certain bodily or spiritual harm. Why be so direct with the Exarch? He wasn't going to try 'borrowing' one now was he? Though if he did and by some means couldn't read between the lines he'd get what was deserved. "We have a book on practically every subject known to sentient life, and still there are questions that remain and drive us from one day to the next. Wouldn't you agree? A man like yourself must know a great deal of the world, and how we have not yet exhausted all there is to know."

[member="Vytal Noctura"]
As the woman spoke, the Exarch's amethyst eyes came to rest on her. He listened to how she spoke of the caslte and his lips curled into an amused smile. He let out an even, low chuckle at the woman's words. "Vureshakkairn." He repeated, allowing the words to flow from his lips effortlessly. "Poetic." He said, that smile never fading, even as he looked back to the interior around him. The conversation led on and as she spoke of the Mandragora, the man seemed quite interested.

"Then you would say the Mandragora are scholars?" He asked, craning his head ever so little to where he seemed to be challenging her statement. "Well, I'd assume you list to test that which you find interesting?" He asked, before speaking softly as he leaned forward, his voice barely above a whisper. "I'm quite the same way."

Still, the Exarch noticed the woman's change as he spoke of their castle as a military structure. It was subtle. Her body told so much more than her lips ever dared to. The Exarch had been trained, ruthlessly, by the Echani during his time in the Empire. He had adapted a good bit of their customs, to the point where he too understood the language that could only be read through the body. Of course, he was not an Echani, so his ability to do this paled in comparison to someone like his partner, Srina. Still, he said nothing and followed the woman down the hall without another word on the matter. "No, my dear. That would be telling." He said it casually, declining to offer the woman exactly what he had heard of her. With Adron there was a known fact, you earned anything you got from him. Especially information.

"So you are a guardian. Not unlike myself." He said, glancing over to the woman with an interested look. "With knowledge comes power. The weak are the ill-informed after all. Which means, naturally, your power is considerable." He could already feel it. The presence she left in the Force. It was impressive, and called his attention to her. Power called out to power after all.

The Exarch entered into the library and his expression turned to one of contentment. He smiled at Vytal as she spoke, nodding in agreement at what he said. "Like I said, I like to test what I find interesting. For years as a boy I learned the Jedi Arts. My father was certain to instill in me their history. It bored me to death." He said, as he walked down one of the rows, running his hand over the spine of a book. His hand came close to wrapping around a book and an emerald spark shot out at his hand. In the same instance an amethyst flame wrapped around it, each no bigger than an inch. The combination was a small explosion of the Force, causing the Exarch to pull his hand back from the book shelf. These were strong magicks.

"Impressive." He said, glancing back at the Witch.

"Lately I haven't had much time for books. Well, not in the traditional sense. You see, I have a collection of my own and I find that for every piece of information we learn, we fabricate more. It is impossible to know all there is, because there will always be more. Still, it does not hurt to try." He said, returning to the Witch's side. "So, my Lady. I'm curious on where the Mandragora stand with the galaxy's affairs. Do you prefer to remain isolated from them? If so, why bring your works to The Confederacy's territory. There are plenty of places you could have gone to and remained entirely autonomous."

A muffled laugh behind closed lips followed Adron's question. "Scholars with teeth," the Nightsister replied and bared her own in a grin for just a moment. Some were all too content to remain cloistered away here or in the Vault toiling away at their research. She did not look down on them so long as their effort yielded results. Anyone that sought to use it as merely an excuse to avoid conflict, however, would not hold the Dathomiri's respect long. Conflict forced you to adapt -- to new circumstances, new adversaries, and many other things you would never find tucked away in a dark corner of creation.

The man drew in a bit closer to impart a private comment. Vytal did not draw back or even scowl at the intrusion of her space. If anything, she found his remark intriguing. If it might lead to more than idle words.

A smile spread across her lips. Was the man attempting to flatter her? "I have been relieved since the moment of your arrival, Exarch," Vytal replied. "That the Confederacy recognizes someone of your power. Far unlike some offworlder governments that promote fools with forked tongues." Not that Adron didn't have a forked tongue of his own, but it was not his sole attribute or reason in holding position in the faction. Whether based on sheer strength or by merit, their higher ranks of their government did not suffer for capability or the will to realize the desires of the whole. A subject that would rise again in the near future.

"History can be important to understand subtleties of ancient rites or rituals," Vytal replied as she accompanied the man in his inspection of their collection. "To learn the lessons of past 'sorcerers.' I do not quite understand offworlder occupation with dates when a particular politician enacted a certain law, however. This would seem... boring." A simplistic way to put it, but it got the point across. Vytal did not find herself engrossed in reading about who did what on what date for what reason, after all. Not unless it was appropriate to a mission or in exploring a forgotten culture. Then were far too many worlds for her to waste time understanding why certain laws existed, or why certain cultures believed what they did. The present and the future were her focus.

The Nightsister only smiled when Adron made a remark about the magick of the library.

"Our purpose is to understand the mysteries of all. In so doing, we become stronger," she replied, echoing previous statements they'd bandied back and forth between his arrival and that moment. "The Confederacy extends its reach among the stars to ensure the protection of many worlds. Along the way it comes across the wonders and terrors long lost or forgotten on countless worlds. In return for this knowledge, and artifacts found there, we provide answers to the questions that plague them; or purge ancient and mystical threats its military and diplomatic functions cannot handle. The Mandragora have no need to rule the galaxy, but we would be fools to hide on a remote world cut off from what awaits those with the courage and fortitude to discovery them."

"The Dauntless press against its enemies as a whole. They leave no gap in their defenses to be exploited. The Sisters and Brothers of the Mandragora are no so dissimilar; any one of us cannot possess all the knowledge contained here," Vytal subtly gestured toward the tomes all around them, "but together we can guard the Confederacy from foes no blaster or saber can touch."

A smile surfaced over her dark lips once more as her eyes shifted a bit to the side. With a few soft clinks of glass bottles, a thought came to her. It might not be impressive, yet it would remain true all the same. "My dear Sister is one of our most talented Potion Makers. I do believe she has a concoction for almost everything. One to mend bones and flesh. Another to restore vitality. Even vapors to still the mind of one's opponent leaving them in a stupor. This and more we used to aid soldiers recovery from recent Invasions. There is more to the security of a way of life than having the bigger stick." If the Confederacy ever stopped demonstrating a care for its people or the civilians it charged itself in protecting, it would devolve into nothing more than another faction of hatred and endless expansion for the sake of battle.

[member="Vytal Noctura"]
When Vytal spoke of the Exarch, he almost wanted to laugh at her words. There was something the woman likely did not know about him. "I have a forked tongue of my own, though I am no fool." He told her with a steady smile over his face. "As for The Confederacy, it was forced to see my power first hand. You see, I was once a High Moff of the Galactic Empire. I commanded several sectors and fought against the Silver Jedi Order for years. So I have not always been an ally of The Confederacy. The thing that brought us together? War. The Confederacy invaded Imperial space, attempting to take the planet of Tatooine for their own. Though they did not count on one thing. Me. Hundreds of thousands of droids overtook Tatooine, but with the planets meager defenses and my personal guard I was able to hold the planet until reinforcements could arrive. Well, during that time I stabbed [member="Srina Talon"], nearly killing her. Of course, she gave back as well as she got. Her lightsaber was the first to pierce my skin and nearly cost me my life. In fact, if it wasn't for the medical unit on my ship I may not be here today."

The Exarch smirked, showing his own fascination with how he joined The Confederacy. "Still, when we faced The Confederacy I could see that the Galactic Empire would not survive much longer. It was drifting closer and closer into civil war. So when the war was declared I turned away from that path. A dear friend brought me to The Confederacy and made sure I was given a fair asylum. Even though I had nearly killed the Vicelord's apprentice and cost them a world."

"Though, Darth Metus was given a handsome return on his investment."

As Vytal spoke, Adron noticed a subtle intelligence with the woman that he believed could truly prove useful. She hungered for knowledge, but was not starved of power. She was a warrior, yet knew the pain of overreaching? Interesting to say the least.

He was interested to hear of these potions, to the point where his eyes glanced at the glance bottles with a curiosity not often shown by the man. "And these potions work more often than not I'd assume?" He asked, before running a hand over his chin. "I recall reading about a potion crafted by the Nightsisters of Dathomir. It gave the Sith pretender, Savage Oppress incredible strength in his time. Not something to be overlooked. Are you telling me you can recreate such things?" He asked, gesturing to the glass bottles. "Myself, my interest in the dark arts has always been slightly more...solid."

"Do you know of Sith Holocrons?" He asked, his expression remaining unreadable as he spoke. "I've happened to acquire quite a collection and seek to put them to use in a little project. Perhaps it is something the Mandragora could help me with." He said.

"Those we provide always work," Vytal replied without hesitation. "Women and men alike toil in discovering new concoctions for ourselves, and our allies. Much experimentation is needed, but once stable they remain so." There was no telling how many recipes had been discarded. Perhaps the desired effect was not found, or the potency too low to be worth the ingredients themselves. Perhaps they were so unstable they had to be used immediately. Such creations were not meant for the use of others. However, when the Mandragora offered a potion, or a salve, the recipients could be assured of its marketed benefit. So long as the organic tissue it touched was not of a particular unique property -- there were variables that had to be accounted for.

Adron then spoke of a particular mix. Something from Dathomir's ancient history. Vytal smiled with the man's question and his sparked interest in their capabilities. "Yes. Given access to the proper ingredients, and the time necessary to extract the full potential of the brew." Provided they did not already possess it. She did not recall the exact details of the Savage Oppress elixir Adron spoke of, as 'incredible strength' could mean many things. Brute force they were sure to have in their possession. Somewhere Vytal would decline to share for the time being. Not that Adron had the eyes of a thief, but as a self-professed conqueror (or guardian, if he liked) able and willing to do whatever was necessary...

Holocrons were a strange creation. One Vytal herself had examined since joining the Mandragora (among many strange artifacts in their possession). A storage device of ancient and modern knowledge. Creations that could in rarer cases istore the very essence or 'spirit' of its creator. Its words were not merely a book read aloud, but could be a manifestation of the dark impulse or thought behind those words. Otherwise, most tended to keep the secrets off the written page -- or databanks -- to ensure their secrecy. "The Mandragora would be open to your request, Lord Adron. Would you care to discuss this proposal somewhere private?" Discretion was expected of all members, but that did not mean outsiders trusted in that to safeguard their secrets. Vytal would not mind relocating to hear more of this interest the man held.

"I have a personal interest in these Sith Holocrons," the Nightsister continued, offering a bit more of herself as Adron had moments ago. "While the Nightsisters possess considerable power in the Dark Arts, there are ways about the 'Dark Side' Sith conjure that different from our roots. Learning of it reveals greater mysteries and power that surrounds us waiting to be called upon." It was the very reason Vytal had left home. If he possessed an opportunity to learn more of Sith teachings, she would be most interested in what he intended. Likewise, she was curious how a collection of holocrons would be used as part of a large project. Perhaps they were of the same or related subjects?

[member="Vytal Noctura"]
"Well the function of the holocron is not my greatest concern. It is actually the person who crafts it that entices me." He explained, his hands resting behind his back as he spoke. His amethyst eyes drank the woman in for a moment, measuring her understanding of his words before he continued on.

"Through the power of the Dark Side a Holocron can be used to pull it's creator's essence from the deepest pits of the Force. When crafting these devices, you naturally leave small imprints of yourself on the device. Those imprints can be the key to gaining something far more than what the Holocrons already offer you."

"On my homeworld of Illyria, I am working to create a device. Using that device, a Sith Lord can bend the Holocron to it's will and turn it into a weapon that can amplify his power, considerably." The Exarch spoke plainly, not caring to shroud his intent or plans. It mattered little in the long run who knew of Adron's little side project. It was nothing more than the stepping stone to something greater. "Even more importantly, it will allow the way we use Holocrons to drastically change." Hearing of Vytal's own interest in Sith artifacts caused the man to pause in a moment of consideration. "Still, there are many ingredients that still need to be found before my plans can move forward."

"What do you know of Alchemy?" He asked, arching a brow at the woman.

Although it was a closely guarded secret, Adron was an adept in the realm of Alchemy. However, he was not Darth Metus. He had not yet mastered the most difficult of aspects in the dark arts. It left a hole of knowledge that he searched to be filled. "I need a way to contain power, dark power, that is considerably more than could normally be contained inside of a single vessel."

[member="Vytal Noctura"]
"Well the function of the holocron is not my greatest concern. It is actually the person who crafts it that entices me." He explained, his hands resting behind his back as he spoke. His amethyst eyes drank the woman in for a moment, measuring her understanding of his words before he continued on.

"Through the power of the Dark Side a Holocron can be used to pull it's creator's essence from the deepest pits of the Force. When crafting these devices, you naturally leave small imprints of yourself on the device. Those imprints can be the key to gaining something far more than what the Holocrons already offer you."

"On my homeworld of Illyria, I am working to create a device. Using that device, a Sith Lord can bend the Holocron to it's will and turn it into a weapon that can amplify his power, considerably." The Exarch spoke plainly, not caring to shroud his intent or plans. It mattered little in the long run who knew of Adron's little side project. It was nothing more than the stepping stone to something greater. "Even more importantly, it will allow the way we use Holocrons to drastically change." Hearing of Vytal's own interest in Sith artifacts caused the man to pause in a moment of consideration. "Still, there are many ingredients that still need to be found before my plans can move forward."

"What do you know of Alchemy?" He asked, arching a brow at the woman.

Although it was a closely guarded secret, Adron was an adept in the realm of Alchemy. However, he was not Darth Metus. He had not yet mastered the most difficult of aspects in the dark arts. It left a hole of knowledge that he searched to be filled. "I need a way to contain power, dark power, that is considerably more than could normally be contained inside of a single vessel."

Vytal's eyes were on Adron, and a nod followed his words. Naturally the technical aspect of the holocron was not Adron's interest. That was to be expected, as someone of his rank, position, and story would not aim for something that could be accomplished by anyone with skill. Instead, the man sought what lay behind the material -- what could be extracted from the ages to empower the present in some fashion. The desire of anyone that beheld holocrons of 'true' worth, as some had described them. The sort the Mandragora kept buried deep within their Vault, and some of the first to be extracted should the Vault somehow be found and assaulted.

The Nightsister listened attentively as Adron progressed to explaining his true intention (or the one he'd confess aloud). Her expression remained just as it had the moment before. Inwardly, of course, Vytal found this turn quite interesting. Potentially dangerous. Yet captivating all the same. Not only draw upon buried secrets, but to tap into their... 'souls' to power a device that would strengthen its owner.

Change the we they use them? In a sense. Though personally Vytal wondered if everything was it first appeared. The words sounded like a man being forthright, but the Nightsister did not take people at face value. They learned that lesson long ago. Could this simply be a means of having some of the more powerful holocrons extracted from the deep void where they were kept? After all, you could not harness what you did not know existed. Even so, she was curious where the man's thoughts led.

"Sith Alchemy," the Dathomiri woman replied calmly, but with a slightly lower tone to her voice. "Its power was displayed before Mothers to impress upon them a Lord's worth in being taught secrets of Dathomir. I will admit," opinion of the Empire aside, "it is capable of undeniably powerful feats and creation of objects of power. Much as the Book of Shadows. I have desired to learn more of it as well. There are no restrictions on what should be researched here." So long as the researchers took appropriate precaution their work did not threaten the whole. Some rewards could not be taken without risk, after all.

There were several paths that might satisfy Adron's interest, though some could not be spoken of lightly or so openly. Despite the desire to share among Mandragora, Adron was not one of them. Perhaps he could be. "If we combined the techniques of Alchemy with the knowledge of Dathomir and the relics in our possession we could fashion such a focus. One that would not be intended for a single use." Because Vytal saw no need if they made such a thing they should stop at merely one-use. "Would this vessel of power need to be wielded by a single individual?" Size, shape, and even material might vary based on the intended usage. The smaller it became the more difficult it might become, but challenge was to be expected of an objects of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom