Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Kid Has Spirit...

Objective: Measure a Man
Tags

Days ago, an unknown small strike force had made planetfall on Gardius and found Ijaat conducting a training mission out on the lava plains. Small squad scale, no more than 5 to him and 5 to the other squad. Taking individual tactics taught in the basic levels of the Ori'ramikad Schola in Aurelian and beginning to expand on them. Key to the Enclave's future would be not just hero-warriors that were champions of saga inspiring duels, but a well-drilled and trained military that could operate cohesively, turning to each other to fill in the gaps of skillsets and thereby create a task force capable of destabilizing governments and wiping out whole command structures with a dozen men or less.

At least, that was the goal of the Schola.

In the midst of his squad mounting a recon effort, unknown contacts were reported. What followed was brief, but bloody. Three of the ten remained, including the other trainer having been garotted and taken out. Ijaat had stood and lit their pyre himself the prior night. Volcanic ash streaked his armor in mando'a glyphs drawn by his own hand, showing his mourning by listing the names of the dead on them in the ash, a House Mereel tradition he himself had installed from the ancient Crusader and Taung days of his people. At least they had all died clean, professional. Not with mercy, but not with undue violence. That alone marked it as a professional job, and Ijaat's mind refrained from the rage it might have felt before. Now he saw an opportunity.

Sitting by the bedside of the last remaining survivor of the squad sent to kill him, in full armor, he waited for them to awaken. On the ground next to his left foot sat his buc'ye and he whittle something in his hands, using a form of a traditional Mandalorian kal knife. The Ithorians he had brought in to train and found this hospital had long given up protesting armor and weaponry on it's visitors, or even being a literal part of said visitors body. But for now, the hawk-like eyes of amber remained fixed to his project, as if the wounded one on life support didn't exist, and his leathery, tanned face held it's perpetual scowl of consternation plastered on it, brow furrowed in concentration.

Last edited:

U N K O W N
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

Sitting along he let out a deep breath as he glanced around at the room of thugs that he was currently affiliated with. God knows why he had been roped into doing this but he had to if it meant keeping his cover. They had some stupid notion to go after some old geezer or something, he wasn't really sure the whole concept of the mess he was getting into.

Hours later he was in the middle of a hail of blaster fire, he was the only one who could make sense of it all, the rest of his companions had been lost to the madness of it all. He kept up the fire before he took an explosion right next to his face, knocking off his helmet as he took a tumble to the ground and the back of his head slammed onto a rock, knocking him out cold.

It was... later? Dark, it was dark he knew that for sure, he was.... who.... who was he? Where was he? Wha... what was he wearing, it felt heavy but he wasn't sure.. he... who was that. His eyes finally fell upon the fire, and the man sat carving beside it, the flames casting a shadow across the old grizzled face as he turned slightly toward the man, only just recently rising from the slumber that had taken him. He went to grab for... for something? He couldn't remember what it was but whatever it was it wasn't there anymore.

"Who.... who are you?" He asked, his voice came out as merely a croak, his tongue felt so dry as if he hadn't had water in a few days....

Tags: Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel
"Who.... who are you?"

With such a question, a man like Ijaat could give a dozen or more answers. Some laced with self-pity, and others with derision. But regardless, he did owe this young man some answers. If the instinct he had was correct, his frag grenade going off so close to his head had likely graced the operative before him with quite a devastating, if not permanent, case of memory loss. Such amnesia presented both opportunity and debt for Ijaat, and for now he decided to present the same to the wounded one in front of him.

Placing the carvin on a nearby table in the hospital, which was still barely functional by Core standards, but amazing for Wild Space, he sheathed the knife and looked closely at the one sent to kill him, weighing things as he ran a hand through his beard, a hand marked by hard bones, calluses, and knotted veins of age and hard living through a silvery beard much the same. Not much was youthful about the Iron Father now. He was a harder, colder man with the smile his old friends knew so well long gone.

But maybe this was the first step to redemption.

"I am Ijaat. Ijaat Mereel. The man you were sent to kill. And nearly did. I don't know why. Nor do I hold a grudge. Business is just business, and a job is just a job. Oh, and that blaster you're reaching for is gone."

This time a remnant of a fraction of a memory of a smile smirked across his face.

"Might I have your name?"

Ori'karta Hospital, Aurelian City, Gardius

Tyrion raised his brow slightly as he looked down towards the hand that had been outstretched, he merely pulled it back and rubbed the back of his head letting out a soft groan, he felt like he had been hit by a Cargohauler. His vision cleared up as he looked towards the older gentleman before him.

His mind reached out for what his name was... he couldn't remember.... was it, John? Matthew?..... he wasn't sure.... his mind reached out into the void to try and pull any of this information out to answer the man's question, but all that came to him was stale nothingness.

"I.... don't know what my name is sir.... and I'm sorry for whatever I was tryin' to do to you but that wasn't any of my intentions... or at least I hope it wasn't..." his voice trailed off as he looked towards the man hoping that he wouldn't hold a grudge against a man who couldn't remember why he was trying to kill him, let alone his own name.

Finally having enough strength, he sat up, fully and looked at his surroundings, he wasn't very sure where he was, it looked different, new, so he didn't think he had ever been there before. His grey eyes scanned across the different objects around him before resting once more on the man who was before him.

"Well, a Man With No Name... I don't hold a grudge. By the looks of you and the companions I dusted, you were hired to do what you did. There's no personal feud for that. If so, I'd hate half my friends and most every Mandalorian I met..."

Hawk-eyes grew thoughtful then, almost misty, he looked at the younger lad a moment before replying further. Alarms beeped, and a bacta injection through an IV in the lads arm started, likely bringing a cool, shivery sensation up his spine like he had just jumped in chilled water.

"Now tell me... Do you remember anything lad? Anything at all? Someone who might be missin ya, or somewhere you need to get to when you're healed up? You'll need to stay here a few days, let the bacta and other do it's work. But once that's done... Choice is yours what is next. Hell, how you fought you could stay on with us if you had a want."

Feeling the cold bacta flow into his arm he tensed up slightly, the unsettling feeling hitting his body as he grunted feeling the pain slowly expelled from his body before he settled down and looked back towards the man, taking a deep breath closing his eyes for a moment as he calmed himself.

"I don't know who I am sir, and I could even less tell you if I had any type of woman at home, or family for that matter. I can only assume that you have checked me for any type of weapons and might have stumbled upon any type of personal memorabilia that I might've had?"

He sat up and put his head in his hands, closing his mind as he tried to focus, his mind reaching for anything, something that would tell him a hint of anything in his head, but he couldn't get anything, nothing that told him of the life that he once led. Slowly removing his head from his hands he sighed softly.

"Mayhaps by the time my treatment is done I will know something if you don't have anything of mine I have nothing else to remember right now besides waking up with you, and the pain across my face.... heh, sounds like by the way you talk about it we mustn't have been that bad, it doesn't mean I ain't sorry for what I did but I am glad I wasn't a crap job at it."

A smile crept across the man's face as he looked at Ijaat, before his eyes became downcast, the man was much kinder than him it seems, he had tried to kill him, whilst he and his comrades had taken him in after he and his had cut some of his members down. It was a sad turn of events, he wished he could remember why he had done it, money, power, fame? He didn't know, maybe he didn't want to.

"Pride in one's work is a good thing. Just know, had you not done your intel scouting so well, myself alone could have taken your crew out. You bit off a lot to chew on, for certain. It's a supreme talent to be able to get the drop on me, and I say that because it's true. Not to brag. But I like moxy in a battle brother. And even if certain bullets or blades were exchanged, all water under the bridge now, I'd hope. Fact is, we Mandalorians are damn near a dying race. And you got the right stuff so far. I'd like to see if it carries out. But we'll get you healed, and i'll leave you with some things to look over in regards to that, sound like a deal?"

The offer was casual, but even a non-Force user could feel the weight of the moment. Bizzarely enough, an attempt to assassinate a prominent Mandalorian leader had turned into a chance to become one. Obviously, Ijaat saw more than skill in their fight, but what actions or words he saw and what they revealed to the aging Chieftain of the House Mereel would remain a mystery for the moment as he stuck out his hand to the sick man, a dataslate and several datacrons for it in the other hand.

Last edited:

From his seated position he reached out towards Ijaats outstretched hand and took the datapad from it. Here he glanced through what was the mangled mess that was on it as he just looked up at the man. His head felt like a herd of Bantha had run over him as he looked around for a glass of water before drinking it down hoping to calm the raging headache.

"I thank you for giving me this insight, but I am afraid all it gives me is a label, a label I am afraid might not fit me so well anymore. I- I have who idea who this person was, or what that makes me, but mayhap it is the universe granting me time to change my life for the better, to allow for me to do something better for myself..... or maybe I am just remembering a really bad holonovel."

Sitting there the man looked back down towards the items that had been given to him and he continued to scroll through hoping to catch something that would give him a better view of the life he led, praying that mayhap all he did was for some good reason, and hopefully not doomed cause.

"Thank you for giving me this, mayhap after I have studied this some more we can talk once more about what a future may lay ahead for me? If you wish of course you are the one with all the control here, the one who has kept me alive this long, to say the least."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom