Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kamino Archives

Jaster had at last, the ancient historical data of the old Kamino Genetic Program. Jaster always held the Kamino Clone Production as a monument to Genetics. In nearly 850 years no one had achieved what they were capable of since the great Clone Wars. Now though, after the newest purchase from some salvagers, Jaster had the next price of tech from the Kamino Bio-Chip Progects. A old system lost after the Imperial Distruction of the Kamino Cloning Facilities, these data clusters were some of the small amount of data left from those days.

Jaster walked over to his workstation as the Umbrella Genetics Division. His CEO office had been empty for some months with the new Clohne Army Project he was in. As lead genetisit he had a lot of pressure on him not to mess up and continue to develop new areas where they could be improved. This was Jasters answer, data from the creators of the first clone army.

The data was staggering, nearly all of it was there, but some key notes were missing, and the scavenger hunt began.

The first key data was how to introduce the network nervous system to assist the brain in overriding its base coding.

This was no easy thing and Jaster would have to work tirelessly to look for an answer. The brain was just a giant computer and all speak capable sentient life had the same base use of the brain. So now Jaster would have to find a ways to hack into the brain like any normal slicer and reprogram it into what he wanted. Again this was no cake walk and took Jaster weeks to prefect.

Normal genetisit would just take a demesticaded genome animal and see how it would stay so loyal, but the Kamino data would go beyond this. Keeping the specimen or person loyal not due to dominance, but out of true chemical loyalty. Jaster continued to hit brick walls as days turned to weeks and weeks turned into months.

Sleep was now a foreign thing to him, until he finally cracked it.

Jaster finally cracked it, the nerves system was the key to it all and how the electical impulses discharged from certain areas in the brain. These sometimes caused feeling of uncontrollable means to flair up and cause the person to become emotional. This was the key to making people loyal without making them feel dominated by the master.

Jaster bio-chip now worked with Kamino data to discharge nerve ending electrical charges into the persons brain to cause the patient to feel loyal from birth. With this u during feeling being programmed from birth, the clone would know nothing else and would never question this. It was a rather ingenious way to cause a mysterious feeling be connected to informing loyalty.

The only thing missing now though, were test subjects. Jaster was too far from his cloning facilities to request aid of test subject let along go through the process of selecting new donors. But he did know who had just gone through cloning their first batch of clones that he could use, and he would call in a favor from [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Patricia sat in her office on Cartao and was overseeing a new batch of alpha clones that would belong to Preliat, she figured she would see how they would react without the biochips installed. Other test subjects were in the midst of being created for Jaster and the Umbrella Corporation, she would see to it that he was provided with everything he needed to push forward with this project. But it was about time she checked in on him, she had not heard from him in a while and she was going to make sure he had not been iced. So taking out a data pad she began to type a message to him.

Send Message//

Alpha series clones are ready for phase one, the biochips can be inserted at any time or programmed into their genes. If you require any further use of Spaarti technology please let me know and we can facilitate you.

Patricia set down her data pad then walked to the turbolift to head down to the labs. She wanted to get as much information as possible from Jaster so she could help him out in any way with the growing process. She hadn't the slightest clue where he was but she would help out with this process.

Jaster was in the labs, he hadn't seen natural light for quite some time. As he was just thinking of requesting the use of the clones, he received the message from his new boss. Well he found that quite convenient, as the Bio-Chips were just being created for their prototype test.

A total of 25 first round bio-chips would be tested on the clones and with minor twekes and continued development, the last 125 would be tested with the full effect.

Jaster only next problem was developing this same Bio-Chip to effect the clones adrenaline and aggression regions of the brain. This was also in the data from the ancient Kaminones. Though it was very small on the actural process, it just spoke of where the regions were in the brain, not how it was possible.

As he was debating this, Mrs. [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] Came into the labs were he was located. He had later found out that his boss, or partner as he would like to call it, was married and that he should address her differently. She must have been curious as to why Jaster didn't reply to her message. To be honest he was just distracted with his work, as many scientist were closing in on the salution.

"Ah, sorry about that Patricia," Jaster got up from his chair, "what can I do for you?"

He did his best to play as if he didn't read her message, best to just play it safe then tell her she was ignored for his work.

Miss Blonde

"Hey Jaster, I'm just popping in to say hello and see if I can help expedite anything you are working on." Patricia said with a smile.

She walked over to Jaster to see what he was working on. The first few experimental batches of biochips for the clones, this was good. Patricia enjoyed seeing people at work, with a smile on her face she turned her head to Jaster and looked at his face, he looked awful. His appearance was unshaven, messy, clammy, like a living corpse that needed to be put to rest.

"Geez Jaster, you look awful. You need to get some rest, I gave you a room upstairs for a reason. Just give me the rundown of what's going on and we'll wrap things up and get you to bed." Patricia said with the caring tone of a mother.

She knew Jaster's response would be that he didn't need sleep, or that he was fine. So Patricia offered to help him wrap things up so they could put him to bed sooner. She'd been studying the brain lately and she was sure that these chips should be inserted into various parts of the brain if they were to trigger different effects. She could help out at least locating what chip should go where,

Jaster laughed, he hadn't been very kind to his assistance in the past few days and was left alone unless they were turning in data. The only person capable of making that comment and getting away with it was [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]. She had been a very patient partner in he slow progress of the situration he had placed himself in.

"You sound like my daughter, she always had that tone of voice with me too, except angrier, and she was holding a blaster," his grin turned into a large smile.

He waved her over, "I could use the extra help, 72 hours awake fogging my thoughts," he pulled the data up from the Ancient Kamino Labs, "the data here states that electical pulses from the Bio-Chip in certain areas of the brain can assist with the Agression a clone as well as the Adrinalin Control Glans, but my Neurology is a bit rusty and I can't seem to find where those control centers are located,"

After that he pointed to the other side of the lab, "I was able to finish the first prototype biochip to control a emotional response to a flash memory, ultimately I can cause a clone to feel unbelievable loyal to whoever you choose by installing a false memory and every time they are reminded of this, the Bio-Chip sends a pulse to the enjoyment area of the brain, causing the false sence of loyalty, though I'm not sure if it is loyalty, or just happiness they will feel."

He moved himself to the other side of the table to look at a data pad of a zoomed in Clone Fetus, "Only have 25 prototypes, so can only instal it into 25 before infecting the whole batch, mind if I borrow them?"

Miss Blonde

Patricia wasn't a brain surgeon at all, she could not navigate the human brain and precisely pin down the exact spot in which the chip needed to be located. However she did know the basics of the human brain, what part controlled what and so it gave her a rough idea of where to put this thing. So clearing her throat she pulled out her data logger and began to pull up a hologram of the human brain, and with a clear and professional voice she spoke.

"So we're going to cut in here and place it in the limbic system. Specifically the the orbitofrontal cortex, or OFC. This is the area of the brain that controls aggression. Once it's there we should theoretically be able to monitor and control their aggression levels so they aren't killing each other in basic training." Patricia said as she pointed out the areas on the brain.

They would of course need a droid to do the procedure, best not to take chances with a life. To Patricia all life was worth saving, she felt a bit wrong that she was growing people for the sake of killing. But she knew that these clones could protect people, and that was all the reason she needed. So with that in mind she looked back to Jaster and carried on.

"I have those vegetative clones ready now. All we need to do is Insert the biochip and wake them up to start monitoring their levels." Patricia said to Jaster hop in he was getting all of this.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Jaster was in Aw, why didn't he think of that? Truefuly he was again a Genetisist, not a Nerologist or Surgeon. Sentient body's meant little to Jaster as he was more interested in their genome. The things that truely made them tick even before they are a twinkle in their parents eyes. He was not a mad scientist, not even a egotistical one, he did what all great minds did when they sunk their teeth into a conundrum they truely didn't understand, Jaster was obsessed with Kamino and Vong tech. His ideals of sentient life was through out back when he was a soldier for that Mandalorian Warmachine. Now, he was obsessed with how thing can be manipulated, these clones were a perfect example.

"Well for now they will have to be implanted that is true, but if they can be improved, I can write it into their genetic code," Now this was where Jaster may walk the line between crazy scientist and genious.

"It's an organic chip, and as such it can be modified into the genetic samples for clones that will carry the Bio-Chip," Jaster did have another choice though, "though surgically installing them during phase 2 of the embryonic cycle is possible, the Kamino Data does carry this ability."

Miss Blonde

"Well let's get the prototypes implanted in our veggies and start implementing them into our genomes for another test group." Patricia said to Jaster calmly.

"Let's grab a stimcafe and get to work." Patricia said with a calm smile.

Walking over to a nearby coffee pot Patricia poured two cups of sweet sweet nectar of the gods and made sure to add a fair share of cream and sugar, what kind of monster took their coffee black anyway? So with both mugs in hand she gave one up Jaster then looked over to the nearby cloning tanks where a few grown clones that looked to be about eight years old were kept in stasis. Along side them were more cloning spheres where they were still waiting to be used for when the chips were implanted into their genetics.

"Shall we?" Patricia said with a smile then took a sip of the coffee.

Jaster took the coffee and took a sip, it want black. It tasted weird cuz Jaster took his black with 2 sugars after serving in the military for so long, black was the best one could get. This wasn't a bad tasting stimcafe though, rather was better then what he was use to, so he wouldn't complain. He went over to program the procedure into the Medical Droid that would implant them. His staff of doctors would also help as a full team was needed if the paitents had any chance of surviving this ordeal. Inserting a biochip that lets off an electrical charge into a living persons brain was nothing to joke about, it discharges at the wrong time and the patient had brain damage. Younger patience are preferable as that haven't fully developed so they take better to brain and body modifications.

"My team will work on the boys," Jaster had droids move a few of the tanks to a surgical room, "I will continue my work to search for a way to boost their combat ability, as stated in historical records, clones from the Clone Wars stated that they were the best soldier the republic had produced since its conception, so why is that? I'm sure I'll find it in the Kamino Data Files."

Miss Blonde

"Simple. Clones were born to be warriors, to be soldiers, to fight for the republic. When you make something specifically for that reason and put time and lots of effort into making it, it tends to perform better than traditional methods of soldiers." Patricia said as she sipped her coffee and walked besides Jaster

With that in mind they reached the operating table where a young six year old boy by the looks of it had been placed down on the table with a hospital gown covering him. He was it a medically induced coma and Patricia didn't really like using people as lab rats but sacrifices needed to be made after all.

"When you are ready we can start the procedure. Just give the droid the chip and we'll implant it and wake the boy up." She took another sip and looked to Jaster.

This was the future after all. To create warriors who could crush and destroy droids on the battlefield or even other organics. Hopefully they could even give the black blade guards or the mandos a run for their money.

((Sorry I work weekends))

Jaster walked around with Patricia, using clones as worriers was really not a new thought process, the Clone Wars were proof enough. Jaster on the other hand was considered a monster for what he did. His job as a geneticis was to create the perfect sentient being, clones were a necessary part of this as they were easily expendable. They would be dissected by Jaster and then cloned again and again, each time with a new genome code that made them more acceptable to harsh environments, or skin that could resist blaster fire. Seeing this young boy on a medical slab was nothing new to Jaster, and he hated it.

He got in this buisness to save life, but soon he found out that the old saying was true, 'You can't make an omelets without breaking a few eggs.'

He moved to the medical table and started to program the medical procedure into the droid, the needed to be precise to the micro-meter. So precise that no sentient being could do this, thus why they were using a droid. Jaster staff would also be assisting with tools, reading, diognostics, and anything else the droid could not control. It needed to center its attention so that the boy would live, this Jaster planned everything to the nanometer from where they stand to what should happen if the droid drops a scouple.

"Ok, I think we are ready, the droid is programmed and my team is scrubbing up now, we just have to stand back and wait, which is always the hard part." Jaster walked away from the droid and looked at the young boy, it was always hard to see them like this and not know if they were to wake up again.

Miss Blonde

Patricia sat back as the area was sterilized and all the teams were scrubbed up and ready to go. Didn't want up get any germs in the kid's brain, that would just be bad. So Patricia manned the droid's visual feed as it started up. It would be a pretty simple procedure, well as simple as brain surgery was.

"Beginning operation now." Patricia said with a determined look.

The droid opened up with a buzz saw and began to cut into the skull of the child. Creating a large enough opening that would be covered with bonemer later to keep them from having a soft spot in the skull. With razor sharp precision and mechanical prowess the droids made a cut into the brain's limbic system. Various monitors and screens were playing the kid's vitals and neurons to make sure he wouldn't have a permanent limp or a dead limb. After a good minute they got to the point where it was time to hook up the chip and wire it to the brain.

"Inserting chip now." Patricia said and pressed the button to let the droid move in.

The organic chip pushed forward and was placed inside the boy's head. Wiring it up to the brain Jaster would have to see if the chip was performing and doing it's job. The droid pulled out and waited for further instructions.

Jaster figured this would complete the surgery, but 7 other boys would have to receive the implant for there to be a greater range of the controls group and the modified group. Jaster knew what would have to be done, he would have to educate them and figured if their loyalty to [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] was true or not. He would have to wait till all the surgeries were completed and all the subjects were able to walk on there own.

"That will be all, proceed to the next one Doctors."

One Week Later

The paitents were recovering well, only one of the 8 subjects had died on the table, the rest seemed in good physical and mental shape. Now it was time to test if his sequence was perfect or if it needed tuning. He would bring Patricia into the area where the control group clones with no Bio-Chip were kept, they played with her, but not all were interested, common in child who meet adults for the first time.

Next Jaster brought Patrica to the clones with the chip, and it was truely amazing how they reacted. Jaster had implanted a memory of Mrs. Garter taking care of them, giving the impression of a mother figure. Yet much more happened, the children knew of Patrica even before she was introduced. When the time came to play, they all did their best to get her attention and when she asked for something, they scrambled over each other to get it.

They truely were attached to her, and they believed it was a natural thing.

Miss Blonde

After a fun filled afternoon of Patricia playing around with her new kids, she was quite happy to see the progress and completion of the project that was the bio chips. Once the kids were sent off to go be with their droid caretakers Patricia found Jaster and had a very big grin on her face, she was more than happy with his results and he had earned himself something big.

"I knew we hired you on for a reason. Now let's move forward and Implant the chips in their genes as well as outfit the rest of the clones with them. You have my gratitude Jaster." Patricia said with a smile.

"Now you've earned a request. If there's anything I can get you, simply name it and I will have it done." Patricia said with a smile and a generally pleased tone.

Jaster was astonished by his work, this was his first breakthrough in Kamino Research of their old Cloning Processes. After 850 years of their lost art, Jaster was able to reconstruct it. After the provin trials of the bio-chip working for their loyalty to leadership, Jasters other obstacles were easy.

Aggression reduction was possible by the ability of the chip discharging micro-electric charges into the depressant nerve. This would react by the brain releasing chemicals from the nerve endings to relax muscles and even brain activity. It kept the soldier from hyperventilating as well as over reacting to high stress environments. It also decreased the effects of so called Shell Shock or PTSD by 83% in occupants who had it installed.

The next objective of creating the soldier reaction time quicker was the easiest fix. Jaster just increased the nerve between the eyes and the brains almost double its speed. This in coalition to quick dessision making increased the clones hand-eye coordination to about 2.79 time quicker then the average human male. This was amazing even by normal evolutional means, the only creatures to match this were those made by the Yuuzhan Vong hundreds of years ago.

Jaster looked up from his data pad, "The ability to just work on this first handed, it's truely amazing and fantastic, this will become a major breakthrough in Organic Engineering that the Galaxy will truely wish they had."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom