Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Job

tZ1d4Sl.png

Seven hundred and fifty-two days, that was last time she had even heard a word from Shepard. It bothered her more days than some. When she took on jobs that seemed further and further than what he would have disagreed on, it made her contemplate her choices. Although that was part of her process, her mind would always go back to the real issue...credits. It had been a short while since her last effort to try and gain a large stack of credits, but this time something felt different. The coordinates sent her precious
White Raven to Dubrillion. It was a planet that had avoided her throughout her many, insanely dangerous hunts. Regardless, it was a well paying Job and as her gorgeous ship bucked while entering the dense atmosphere of the planet, she slid into her armor with ease. Another jerk was forced as the ship twisted quickly to correct itself for landing.

This wasn't the first time she had to make a stealthy landing. She could hear each heavy branch scraping against the metallic exterior of her one and only ship. Her lip curled into a smirk of niether amusement or satisfaction to the sound. Ignoring the slight chill it gave her, fully knowing another paint job would be due in the future; she gripped onto her bounty helmet and snapped it into place. Her visor lit up, assessing her surroundings as the hull hatchmade door sprung loose. Gases pressurized the area in a sudden reluctance. The hiss was like a soothing tea, a consistent sign of wealth every time Revy stepped foot off the White Raven. She was one of the best at what she did, but still something continued to eat at her. She had questions for whoever in charge.

"Why the secrecy?" Revy asked, taking in a deep sigh. Her visor scanned the area around her, the lush green shimmered with a morning dew. Revy deduced several things about the first few seconds standing on the morning dirt of the planet. One, the oxygen levels were easily breathable. Two, she was fifty-nine meters from her destination, per request of the contractor. Still, no motion was picked up on her internal combat indicator. For all it was worth, Dubrillion in the first few minutes was peaceful. Unfortunately, Revy had been on one too many jobs to know it wouldn't stay like that for long. Her violet eyes lifted from the ground and shurgged, her words echoing through her helmet as she took her first steps toward the meeting spot.

"Well, shit."

Emma Farron Emma Farron

The infamous Sabrathan family estate, that was the reason Emma was here on Dubrillion. An estate however was quite a massive understatement in this case. Emma thought over the briefing she was given for this mission. The Sabrathan estate resembled more of a castle of old. It was essentially a heavily guarded fortress on the outside and a maze of secrets on the inside. Thankfully she wouldn't need to fight her way into the estate. The reigning member of the Sabrathan family was expecting her. Her cover mission was to meet with the estate owner and negotiate a supply line for the Sith. With the remote location that this estate resided, along side mines and a vast forest, it was a perfect place to jumpstart production for resources to aid the Sith in their endeavors.
The real mission was somewhere deep inside the tombs of the Sabrathan family. An artifact for her master Lucian, was to be acquired by any means necessary. Whether the trade negotiations fell through or not, she was not to come back without that artifact in hand. She had no intention of disappointing her master, not after all he had done for her. All the intel that he could provide on the artifact was that it was in a tomb marked for one of the previous estate lords. Getting down into the tombs didn't really worry her, getting out on the other hand, that was another problem to solve if they got caught.

That's why Lucian had hired a pilot and partner to assist Emma on this mission. Her name was Revy "She's supposed to be quite the spitfire, both in and out of the ship, but as long as she can keep her cool long enough inside the estate, we can get out in one piece without causing too much chaos". Emma wasn't sure if Revy was aware of the full mission or just the cover one. Either way, she took the job and accepted the credits so she was contracted to stick with Emma until the end. Emma smiled at the thought, most of her missions went smoothly but she admittedly enjoyed the ones where she got to fight and not just slip out undetected. She worked on her powers every chance she got. Fooling an entire room never really got old, it was a rush of excitement that Emma still loved after being an operative for over 15 years now.
Emma checked the time on her communicator, Revy should be arriving soon. It had been around a half hour since she was dropped off by the one way trip that the Sith acquired for her. The spineless pilot had refused Lucian's deal to come back and Emma almost just killed him and took the ship for herself. That wouldn't have gone over well though, for as great of a operative that Emma was, she could still succumb to her emotions, especially anger. It had a way of building up quickly within her and if not controlled, she could compromise her position.

Emma heard the sound of the forest rustling nearby, Revy had been instructed to land her ship in the forest nearby in order to hide it if they had to get out quick. The last thing Emma thought as Revy entered the small clearing was "There isn't much more I can do to prep, I hope she is as ready for this as I am, for her sake".

Revy Revy

tZ1d4Sl.png

The location detector sprung to life as the first and last set of laggard vines were pushed to the side. The pinging sound in her internal combat suit chimed, the name of her location far more clear than it had ever been.

The Sabrathan Estate.

It was a fortress of men and droids. The system sped up to locate a blown up image of its current state. Revy grinned, this wasn't going to be worth the credits she agreed to. Not even by a landslide. Other than the castle-like image, no other information was granted by her helmet. Instead, she assumed the worst. Anything that massive and perched up on hill was bad news. Worse than that, she had grown to love such complications. Violet wicked eyes peered through the small print of information, until she stepped into a large clearing. She was on the Estate land now, it would be best to be on full guard from this point on, Revy thought. Her eyes locked onto the only thing that stood motionless lying in wait.

Her hair rose for a split second, before her left hand sailed through the empty spaces between her hip and chest. The downward stroke lifted in a millisecond, the end of a barrel pointing at the figure ahead. Revy bit down on her lip, eyes at full width with alertness.

Crap, did I just stumble into the estate guards? This far from the fortress?

It was one thing to be caught before reaching her contact it was another to walk into something or someone else entirely. The encryption didn't say anything of a man or woman. In fact, it said nothing of a visitor before her. She couldn't let what was already paid to her be the end of the mission, Revy wouldn't allow it. She felt the grip of the chiseled symbol on the stock of her pistol, the inner sensors allowing it to be so. She was hesitant to pull the trigger, but the encode popped up in the split second before her finger pulled the trigger. The code word...

Farrik.

Revy held the gun firm, careful not to take her aim off the suspicious lady. Revy was tired of waiting.

"The code word or you die blondie."

Emma Farron Emma Farron

Emma had barely gotten a glimpse of who she assumed to be Revy before a gun was pointed at her head. Even though this figure was clad in a suit of armor, the voice was a woman. Before Emma had a chance to get a word out, the woman snapped at her.
"The code word or you die blondie." Emma of course knew the passcode, it had been in her mission briefing. She wasted no time in telling it to her new acquaintance. "It's Farrik, now if you don't mind, get that damn gun out of my face."

Emma felt the heat begin to form behind her eyes, but shook it off just as fast as it appeared. She was not in the mood to get into a fight before the mission even began. "I take it that you're Revy then? You should temper that trigger finger of yours, lest the estate guards get the wrong idea about you." Emma looked over Revy once more, the armor was well built and would come in handy if they had to fight their way out of the estate. "I'm Emma, and now that the pleasantries are out of the way, let's get down to business. We are entering the estate under the guise of negotiators for my constituents, that's all you need to know for now, but stealth and deception will play a major role in this job, don't mess it up for me."

Emma pulled out an metal card invitation with Revy's name on it from her jean's pocket. "This is your ticket to getting inside, don't lose it, or else you'll find yourself in one of their torture chambers." Emma tossed the card to Revy and she caught it with her free hand. "Also, I can tell your armor is good, but you should hide it until you actually need it here, we are playing nice as far as they know. Emma crossed the gap between Revy and her. While she did so, she noticed that Revy did not give off the signature of the Force. Emma knew that it was a good possibility that who she was working with wasn't a force sensitive, it just made communication a bit harder. They would have to pick up on signals they gave one another while on the fly during the mission.

As Emma reached Revy, she walked past her and continued towards the jungle north of them. Emma had done her part, now it was up to Revy to trust her words and be willing to work together. Emma wasn't afraid of Revy now that she knew she had no command of the Force, so even though she probably still had a gun pointed at her, Emma called back to Revy while a few feet away. "If you have any other questions, we can talk about it on the way, we need to get going, at this rate, we will get there right before sunset as it is."

Revy Revy

tZ1d4Sl.png

The warmth of her grip tightened and then with the word spilling from the Blonde woman's mouth, she lowered the gun. They were all the same, every person with a gun held to their head had something backwards and snarky to say. Revy shrugged it off, it was part of the job. So she was stuck with this scrawny gem. Revy cared little for her name, Emma. It reminded her of an old merc that she worked for in the outer rim, ironically, here they were on Dubrillion, same sector. Another odd weight hit the bounty hunter's stomach like a brick. There was definetly something off with this one. She glanced at the waist of Emma and tucked her gun back to her side holster that magnetically latch onto her gun. The small clink sound, calmed her, better yet it showed her new partner she was no longer a threat.

So it would be stealth. She hadn't taken on many jobs that required infiltration, but when she did they always seemed to go dastardly perfect. Revy's eyes shifted to the side and she pressed the button to release her helmet. The sweet smell of lilacs and pine tickled her senses. The air a crisp clean intake of unpolluted dysphoria. Then she caught the metal card thrown to her.

"I mean, I get you're the boss and everything..." Revy paused, carefully exiting her armor. Her slender frame and long violet hair now revealed.
"I get the point, this a big deal for you. Guess what?" Revy asked, her tone between carefree and sarcastic. "Me too, boss lady."

Revy gripped her bare hand around the latch of the armor case and followed behind Emma. She didn't think there was going to be such a crappy start to the whole mission. Either way, things were gonna get interesting. It excited Revy, taking on a mission with hundreds of guards. She lived for it. She patted her two other pistols strapped to her waist.

"So, is it something shiny? It is something shiny isn't it? No! Wait... Did someone take your love intrest off to a brooding castle?" Revy smiled, she was hired to get the job done, not play nice with blondie. "I just realized that would make you the manly white knight..Oh man. Well, if anything goes wrong-" Revy stopped talking and swatted branches out of her way. "Well, you get the point."

"So, which is it?"

Revy's jabbing questions hung in the air as the two of them trekked towards their destination. So begins the smartmouth I heard all about. Emma wanted to stay focused on the job but decided to entertain Revy's questions in order to try and set her straight. "I'm not here for some trivial reason such as love, it's a retrieval mission. If you must know all the details, it's an artifact somewhere down in the crypts of the Sabrathan estate." Emma didn't see the harm in letting Revy know the whole plan, since she would probably need to rely on her later on anyway. Even if she isn't a friend, I can at least make sure she doesn't become an enemy.

Pushing through the forest, they eventually came across a paved path. This was the most direct way to get to the estate. She looked up and just barely above the treeline she could see the tips of the large structure that awaited them. Emma turned to Revy, "It's to the right, we just have to follow this path until we reach the security on the outer ring, after that, it should be a straight shot there." The amount of weapons that Revy carried worried Emma a bit, she knew that most people would perceive the pistols as a threat. "There's a good chance they confiscate your guns at the gate Revy. How are you without them?" Revy answered almost immediately. "They're not confiscating shit, I'll be damned if they touch these beauties...unless they want a bullet in their heads..." Emma was afraid of that, but maybe if convince the owner of the Sabrathan estate to let Revy bring her guns onto the property, then initial conflict could be avoided. "Alright, I get it, your guns are really important to you. Just let me do the talking when we get there, you have to promise me though, that if they don't let you take them onto the property, you will give them up willingly, I will make sure you get them back before we leave." Emma knew that was a lie, she had no intention of caring if Revy ever saw her guns again if they were taken from her. She hoped that her words had convinced Revy otherwise though.

As Revy and Emma exited the forest, the enormous estate and surrounding lands came into view. There were guard shacks stationed every hundred yards or so and there were surveillance drones combing the area in a pattern. The estate stood on a huge mesa across a huge chasm with a single stone bridge connecting it to the surrounding area.
I knew it wasn't gonna be easy, but seeing it really puts things into perspective. Emma kept her composure, despite feeling the smallest tince of worry in her gut. The nearest guard shack yelled out to them as soon as they were spotted. "You two, stop and put your hands up! What business do you have being here?" The guard pointed his gun at the two of them. Emma complied with the guards demand, hoping Revy would too. "We are here on official business with the head of this fine estate. You should be expecting us, I'm Emma, and this here is my bodyguard Revy." The guard used one hand to speak to the communicator on his chest. Emma couldn't make out what he was asking, but she doubted they were in any trouble. After a moment, the guard yelled back out to them. "Alright you're clear to pass, I radioed the other guards on the way to the mansion. Don't waste any time, you are expected soon." Emma nodded, making note of the sun starting to set behind the estate in the distance, it gave off a warm glow as it shone through the multitude of windows. "Alright, let's keep going, should be easy going until we arrive now."

Meanwhile inside the Sabrathan Estate....

A computer screen showed that a scan had been completed by facial recognition on Emma and Revy. The footage that was scanned was from a camera from the guard at the farthest gate. A man had his elbows on the desk and their hands clasped as they reviewed the information shown.
"Now why would you need someone as dangerous as that for your bodyguard for mere negotiations Ms. Farron?" The man tapped his fingers together, thinking of what the future held. After all, their guests were here to speak with him. Perhaps I'm overthinking things, after all, this place is very intimidating, Lucian probably just wanted to make sure his apprentice was well protected. Still, I think some changes to the watch are in order until they leave. The man picked up a communicator and spoke, "Jonathan, change of plans for the guard rotation, just some extra precautions with our guests arriving."

Revy Revy

tZ1d4Sl.png

Revy cared little for the amount of travel it took to weed through the dense woods. So much so, the words of Emma were a distant mumble to Revy's own thoughts.

Does she even know where she's going. Ugh, stuck in the woods with this proper brat, I hate this. If I have to spend ten more minutes listening to her yap, I'm gonna put a bullet in her head. I fucking get it, you want the shiny thing in a crypt...

The frustration was mounting and the few minutes extra that enveloped the tricky terrain, pissed Revy off even more. As soon as they eclipsed the large muddy hill, Revy's eyes widened. Only to be smacked in the face with another branch from Emma's neglect. Revy wanted to kill her, but couldn't. The credits were what mattered. Still, what mattered more was the view, the large fortress of an estate sitting only a couple hundred feet from them at the base of a large rocky incline. It looked impenetrable.

"There's a good chance they confiscate your guns at the gate Revy. How are you without them?"

Before she could finish Revy snapped. It was the truth, she'd kill anyone that tried. She was capable without them, but with the giant estate defended like an armory...She refused to let them go.

"Alright, I get it, your guns are really important to you. Just let me do the talking when we get there, you have to promise me though, that if they don't let you take them onto the property, you will give them up willingly, I will make sure you get them back before we leave."

Revy grinned, but nodded in agreement at her absurd comment. Revy's intention was to keep her guns regardless. Emma truly never shut up, for Revy images of a cold hard barrel in Emma's mouth soothed her. Revy followed in tow, reaching the clear path to the bottom half of the entrance to the Sabrathan Estate. The guards seemed prepared and well trained, but Revy had dealt with their kind one too many times.

"We are here on official business with the head of this fine estate. You should be expecting us, I'm Emma, and this here is my bodyguard Revy."

Bodyguard? Really What a stupid B-

"Alright you're clear to pass, I radioed the other guards on the way to the mansion. Don't waste any time, you are expected soon."

Revy's face lit up with a moment of vulnerable surprise. She couldn't believe Emma's lie held enough water. The fact that something so fortified was simple to get into, amazed her. She understood not everyone had the initial contact Emma did, in terms of the invitation; but Revy looked nothing like a bodyguard. In fact, she looked more criminal in her lousy attire than most. Hell, her tattoos screamed underworld. Yet, they walked through the first line of defense like it was a shopping mall. She glanced at the guard in passing, her tongue sticking out as she smiled. Revy left the large guard with a wink before catching up next to Emma.

"I gotta say, that was really dumb." Revy said, her smile growing into a sinister excitement. "Easy going? Oh man, if you say some stupid stuff like back there..." Revy hesitated passing another set of guards before finishing. "I'll be shooting people in the head in no time."

Revy lifted her hands upward before placing them behind her head. She was in the thick of it now...

and she
loved it.

Emma Farron Emma Farron

Revy apparently wasn't thrilled that Emma's lie got them passage to the estate. "I gotta say, that was really dumb." Emma was learning how much of a spitfire Revy was very quickly. "Easy going? Oh man, if you say some stupid stuff like back there..." Emma could feel the heat in her eyes welling up. She had done her job, and Revy couldn't be more ungrateful. "I'll be shooting people in the head in no time." Emma fought the urge to snap back at Revy's itchy trigger finger comment. How can she be so irresponsible on a mission of this magnitude? Emma wondered if it was a mistake having Revy join her on this job. She told herself that it was a necessary evil in case she was caught with the relic she was tasked with retrieving. Instead of wasting more time figuring out how to wrangle in Revy, she instead focused more on scoping out the estate defenses while they were still walking.

The drones that were constantly surveilling the area weren't cheap models. Emma slipped a small grin though, she knew that with her power of force flash, she could temporarily disable the cameras on the drones to provide a window of time they may need. As they crossed the old stone bridge, the whistle of the wind was loud as it went through the valley below them. It caught Emma's attention as she scoped the surrounding area of the Sabrathan estate.
Best I can tell, if we get into trouble, we will probably have to try and make it to the mines or the forest down the cliff on either side. Emma knew that she could make a quiet escape if need be, but Revy seemed to be the type to make her presence known at all times.

Emma wanted to focus on the mission but she also was thinking of how to get Revy on the same page as her.
Maybe I should just tell her that I have Force powers. I doubt that would make her respect me, but maybe that would give her a better idea of how dangerous the situation we are headed into really is. She decided that she would let Revy know more about her, but only once they were inside the estate and away from all the roaming eyes in the sky. Emma looked back at Revy for a moment and Emma could tell she was thinking, but there was no way she could even begin to guess as to what it was about.

As the sun was setting, and the pink hue of light was dimming out, Emma and Revy reached the other side of the bridge. They passed one last guard tower and now all they had to do was ascend the stairs to reach the front door. Emma could see the lights from more drones scouring the surrounding area. She felt a bit of worry in her gut, but pushed it aside after a moment. While climbing the stone stairs, Emma spoke,
"Revy, I just need you to trust my lead here, I know the type of people we are dealing with. I'm with you if we need to fight, but I need to be able to scope out the place before things possibly get out of hand. Deal?" This was Emma's last attempt to get Revy in line. From here on out, if Revy wouldn't cooperate, then Emma was going to leave her to her fate.

They reached the top of the stairs to find that a man in a suit was waiting for them. He waved them over and spoke once they were face to face.
"Greetings Ms. Farron and Revy, my name is Jonathan. I welcome you both to the Sabrathan estate. My master, Trevor Sabrathan has been awaiting your arrival." Jonathan pulled something out of his chest pocket and held out his left hand. "These are your your identification bracelets. They are how you will be able to go from room to room here at the estate." Emma and Revy took the ID bracelets. Emma looked it over and then put hers on. As soon as she did, she felt a quick stabbing sensation in her wrist as the bracelet tightened. A flash of pain crossed her face and Jonathan spoke again. "As you can feel, these bracelets take a small blood sample to allow our system to mark your bracelet to you specifically. Please understand that this is only a security measure and we mean you no harm, they will be taken off once your business at the estate has concluded." Jonathan then went to the two large front doors and opened the right one, holding it for Emma and Revy to enter into the estate. Emma turned towards Revy though, worried about how she was reacting to the bracelet. Please be calm, Revy, we can't mess this up before we are in the door.

Revy Revy

tZ1d4Sl.png

Revy could feel the grooves of her boots gripping the cobblestone as they walked. Her hand tightened around her metallic suitcase. Thankfully, hidden inside it was her protective armor. A capable asset that any hunter needed in order to collect a bounty. Of course, in her profession she needed something that could withstand and offensively strike her targets. It was more than necessary. Plus, if she remembered Hoth correctly, it saved her life against three rampant Force-Users. Still, here she was living job to job. Stuck with a bossy blonde and a castle that begged to be infiltrated; or rather shouted "Don't try!" Yet again, here they were staring at in the face. Revy thought too much about the little things and didn't think to consider the true danger that lied in wait for them. Every Job had its own separate danger to it. In most cases, Revy was the most dangerous one in the room. Even compared to Force wielding dingbats, but that didn't mean she was invincible either. Hell, she almost died to three of them.

Revy eased up, her hands falling to the way side. A small pocket to the side of her shorts revealed a tiny silver square. Revy reached for it, her two fingers jostled trying to free it from within. She squeezed her fingers together and pried it out once and for all.

"Revy, I just need you to trust my lead here, I know the type of people we are dealing with. I'm with you if we need to fight, but I need to be able to scope out the place before things possibly get out of hand. Deal?"

Revy listened to her words, it seemed Emma would be more trustworthy than most. Not many went out of their way to enforce they had a strangers back. For Revy, it also meant it wasn't true. She could feel something was off, the Blondie's demeanor and strict approach reminded her of something...or someone. For some reason, Revy couldn't put her finger on it. It bugged her. For the sake of the job she would set it aside for now.

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, You got yourself a Deal." Revy said, waving her hand sarcastically through the air before finding its mark. A small frail cigarette lifted to her mouth, and she continued. "If they invite us to dinner I'm gonna be so under-dressed."

Revy felt the dry piece of rolled tobacco slip slightly between her lips. The fresh tobacco from Kashykk was minty and smooth. A gleaming silver streak lifted to meet its end before a red cinder of ash formed around the base. She sucked in and let out a reliving sigh.

She looked up and grinned at the stairs in front of them. Maybe, it was a bad time to smoke.
l9vOP1T.png

Revy reached the top, tossing the butt of her cig to the side. The man in the suit seemed wealthy and stiff. The rich type, the kind Revy hated. As the door opened, she could smell the swathe of rich cologne overtake her senses.

Yuck..

He introduced himself and before Revy could reply she was handed a cuff...or bracelet rather. She was used to being in chains and cuffs, but this was different. The inner and outer ring looked high-tech, top of the line ID Bracelets. This was starting to look less of an infiltration and more of a hostage scenario. Revy looked to Emma, after careful consideration Revy followed in tow. She couldn't make a scene, not here. Her eyes averted to the balcony above as the bracelet dug into her skin. A small pinch was all it needed before a bright yellow and green light sprung to life. Revy didn't care for the bracelet anymore, it was the newly armored guards that stood like statues above them that worried her even more.

Crap...

She looked down, examining her wrist. Then in a spurt of clam weakness, Revy spoke.

"This is great Jonathan, I have a pair at my house for my guests too. Ya know? To set the mood." Revy joked, a slight chuckle escaping her lips. Revy stepped forward the host disapproving of her joke. "Relax, It was joke. I actually have the newer models anyways." Revy smiled. "By the way, nice house. I mean mansion...no, wait... CASTLE! Yeah, that's the one...Castle. Nice, castle."

Revy stepped deeper into the foyer, the dim light sparing her eyes a squint or two before finding its mark. The games had begun.

Emma Farron Emma Farron

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom