Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Jagged Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
81J1NrFjYoL._SL1500_.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Retrofit a vessel to be more accommodating for Mentyor and Anyone he has aboard.
  • Image Source: Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: AT-360 Light Freighter(Corvette)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Haven Shipyards, Retrofitted by Mentyor
  • Model: AT-360 Light Freighter(Corvette) - Named "The Jagged Edge"
  • Affiliation: Mentyor and those he has with him.

• Production: Unique
  • Material:
    ​Durasteel
  • Alusteel
  • Titanium

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Personal Transport/Light Freighter
  • Length: 27.2 meters
  • Width: 44.3 meters
  • Height: 24.7 meters
  • Armament: Very Low
    4 L-S7.2 laser canons

[*]Defenses: Average-Very Low*
[*]Hangar: None
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very High - High*
[*]Speed Rating: High - Very High*
[*]Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Communications Suite
  • Deflector Shield Generator
  • Life Support Systems
  • Navigational Systems
  • Sensor Suite
  • Ion Afterburner
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • I feel the need, The need for speed!: The Jagged Edge is very fast for its size and weight. While some minor parts of the durasteel frame was replaced with titanium as a lighter but just as strong replacement, some more plating on the wings were also replaced with a lighter metal to reduce weight and help in every which way to have powerful engines push a lighter body and frame. The ship when mass produced was built for almost speed alone. However, with a few fittings here and there, its barely faster than its predecessors.
  • Float like a butterfly: Jagged Edge is very nimble and built to move into situations just as fast as it can get out. For this to be possible, the ship needs to be fast and have very good usage of its wings and various thrusters to shift into rolls, dives and whatever else that any normal freighter would break in half trying to do.
  • Become the Onion: An additional layer of shielding was added to the ship in the form of a particle shield, and using more advanced generators to beef up the shields more than the sister ships of it's kind. While the shields are up, it helps for general movements and the like should they happen to get into a firefight.
  • Speed is Key!: Additionally, The afterburners of the ship stayed. Putting them into gear allows the ship to increase its acceleration as well as it's top speed to rival starfighters. While it can still be outclassed by interceptors and some superiority fighters, Most of what is considered the average or standard starfighter will find a difficult time to keep up with this light freighter when the Lead foot is on the skinny pedal on the right.
  • More Fuel economy for your buck: Taking a fourth of the portion of 15 metric tons of cargo, and refitting it to be extra fuel tanks and reserve tanks to aid in the prevention of using so much fuel from being so fast, as well as the afterburners eating so much of it when used. This helps alleviate the problem just a bit and last longer in the fight.
Weaknesses:
  • Not quite Diet time: Most of the reason that the ships frame and wings were changed out with lighter materials was to allow for the addition for larger fuel tanks and reserve tanks to be kept in storage. This means they loose storage of other materials, and lose two of the extra spaces that could have been used for holding five passengers. Now only able to carry three passengers not including the crew. While the Jagged edge gains more fuel resource, it looses cargo space and passenger space.
  • Same Fuel Hog: While some of the fuel can be regained back from the exhaust of other ships or its own to be reburned due to the dual stream thruster components, it however does very little against how much fuel is burned when the ship uses the Ion Afterburners. That has not changed.
  • Power Hungry*: While the ship has better shield systems, When the afterburners turn on, some of the energy that had been allocated to the shields are diverted to the engines. Thus either you can be fast with good shields, or you can be blinding fast with crap shields. As well, the ship looses some moving ability when the afterburners are on. Kind of difficult to take a turn going slow when you are going much faster the second time around.
  • Surge Protector but ship sized: A Power Surge vent was installed into the ship to prevent the high speeds and the use of Ion Afterburners from completely destroying the engine. Thus while installed, using the afterburners for long periods of time, or turning them off and on within a close window of time can cause the engine to completely shut down. While there is an override for this, it was still installed as a safety measure should it be needed. The bad part, is if you are in a fight, and the engine stalls out due to too much energy being used, you become a sitting duck.
  • Samus Exo Suit Level 1: The ships weapons are at this time period. glorified pea shooters. While four of them could easily take out interceptors, standard starfighters, and maybe other vessels like a light freighter given enough time, anything bigger is a fight that you will not win. Additionally, they are all stationary and forward facing. Thus if one was getting shot at from behind, one couldn't just sit in the gunner seat and turn the guns around to fire back. The pilot would have to somehow sling themselves around to be behind their enemy and then fire at them.
Description:
Mentyor was left behind with a ship that his Master owned. However, it was not suited for his usage as a bounty hunter. Capturing the prize, or smuggling, or carrying dead bodies needs room. As well as having a viable ship that can get from A to B as fast as possible. While scrounging for ships that could be useful, Mentyor is not a pilot. He has no real desire for a very powerful vessel, nor does he feel necessary to use ships to fight. He wants to see the fear in people's eyes as he kills them. As such, the very lightly armed, ship seemed perfect for him.

​Updated with the times to be faster, and a little bit beefer than before, some of the downsides were reduced while also gaining some others with the additions of new technology that has been added.

Overall, taking a rather modular vessel, and making it fit his needs is nothing to look at.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Gir Quee"], The vehicle this is based off of is a Light-Freighter. I think the size lists it as a Corvette, but on the really small end of the spectrum.

I used the Corvette template as "Freighters" are listed there.

I'm fine with its classification either way. Our starfighter template does have freighter examples in it, and the average length for starfighters is listed as "1-50 meters", which is why I asked. If you'll put "corvette" in parenthesis in classification just so people know what to compare it to for rating purposes, I'd appreciate that.

Mentyor said:
While it can still be outclassed by interceptors and some superiority fighters, any average or standard starfighter will find a difficult time to keep up with this light freighter when the Lead foot is on the skinny pedal on the right.

Given that this is a corvette, this is not necessarily true for all instances, as the ratings between starfighters and corvettes do not scale in direct comparison with each other, and smaller craft are inherently faster as a class than their larger brethren.

A simple fix would be changing "any" to "many" in the above sentence.

Mentyor said:
Defenses: Average-Very Low* Hangar: None Maneuverability Rating: Very High - High* Speed Rating: High - Very High*
I'd make a note of what these asterisks mean (though I see where you wrote it in the description itself) just so people can quickly find out why these ratings can change.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Gir Quee said:
I'm fine with its classification either way. Our starfighter template does have freighter examples in it, and the average length for starfighters is listed as "1-50 meters", which is why I asked. If you'll put "corvette" in parenthesis in classification just so people know what to compare it to for rating purposes, I'd appreciate that.
Placed it in two places. Next to the link of the OG submission of the AT-360, and next to the Classification of the ships name. It is also tagged as a Corvette where the rest of the tags are. If you want it somewhere else, let me know.

Gir Quee said:
A simple fix would be changing "any" to "many" in the above sentence.
Edited as requested, and changed some of the wording to be grammatically correct.

Gir Quee said:
I'd make a note of what these asterisks mean (though I see where you wrote it in the description itself) just so people can quickly find out why these ratings can change.
I neglected to do that. Thank you for catching it.

[member="Gir Quee"],

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom