Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jackals Are Recruiting (PM to join)

Setting
The cruel sun beat down, it's duel malevolent eyes unblinking, and the sky was it's co-conspirator with not even a wisp of cloud to soften the harsh rays. The fauna took shelter in the shadows of the rocks where the sand was not hot enough to roast them. Each step sunk into the searing sand, the air was thick and hazy, each breath like drowning in larva. This is Tatooine.
You find yourself staring at four heavily armed guards standing out the front of a Cantina. You've hear rumor that The Jackals are recruiting here. If you have known affiliation with any the Jedi or Sith you would be denied entry.
Upon entering, the strong smell of whisky, cigar smoke and the sweat of many people would fill your nose. Your eyes would fall upon one man sitting in a booth. A Duro wearing some armor, and and brown trench coat covering it. The Jackal's emblem sown into the shoulder. A Zeltros would be standing next to him, his weapons at the ready.

Character
"Thraxis, sit down for a bit and have a drink." He'd gesture for him to be seated next to him. A bottle of whiskey would be in his hand, and he would sip it from the bottle. A Kowakian Monkey-Lizard would be sitting on the table smoking a cigar.
"All who want to join The Jackals, come here! We are recruiting!" He'd shout to the Cantina.

[member="Thraxis"]

Thraxis would take a swig, putting it back down quickly, readying his hands on his blaster. he was a bit on edge, this is a situation he is not accustom too, "Are you sure we should be doing such open recruitment? I mean, a criminal organization openly recruiting doesn't sound like the best idea. I mean, I know we are on Tatoine, but from what I know, there are a bunch of lunatics running around here attacking slave auctions." he would say, his voice hesitant from their current situations.

"It's fine Thraxis. Plus we have at least a dozen guards here." Even through he was play it cool on the outside, he too was worried. After the last slave auction, and all the Jedis and Sith he was worried. His hand went up to feel his collar bone, where he had been shot by and acid filled bullet.

Cadan would take the cigar from Jasper's (Monkey-lizard) mouth and begin to inhale and exhale the smoke.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
Ugh. I hate Tatooine. Orn sat at the bar, nursing a Corellian ale. So much sand, it gets everywhere. At least this job paid well. The Hutt had his spice, but the half kilo that mysteriously vanished probably meant he wouldn't be able to work for him again. And since the Silent Hand had fallen through... he took the last swig of his drink. Looks like I might be on my own for a while.
He looked up when the Duro announced his offer. The Jackals, huh? Interesting. He pondered the wisdom of announcing an offer like that for a moment, but heard the Duro and his Zeltron friend discuss it briefly. All right, you got me.
He stood and walked over to the pair. "Gentlemen." And I imagine I use the term loosely. He looked between the two. They were both on edge, but the Duro was hiding it considerably better. He sat on the stool next to them and gestured to the bartender for another drink, smiling in mild bemusement at the Monkey-Lizard. "And who, pray tell, are the Jackals?"

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Thraxis"]

"Ah, who are the jackals you would inquire?" Well, what we are right now, is not important, what we will be is the greatest, a hefty promise to make, but we have made progress to becoming the greatest." he would say, hiding the hesitation in his voice with confidence, though his hand would still be held on his blaster, though he hides this from his new found compatriot.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "The greatest, huh? A lofty goal." He took Cadan's hand but didn't offer a name in response. He wasn't sure he trusted them enough for that yet. The Zeltron was still on edge, and he could only see one of his hands. Better not make any sudden moves. "So, you're mercs. Tell ya what. I may not be much of a front-liner, but I've got a nice fast ship and the reflexes of a nexu." He acknowledged the bartender as he brought him his drink and took a slug. "Give me credits and give me spice, and both will be at your service."

Cadan would smile. "I'd like to welcome your too The Jackals friends." He'd look towards Thraxis then back to Orn. "It will be good to have you on our side. The payment will be discussed with the leader of The Jackals, who you will meet soon... He is currently 'under repairs'."

Cadan would slide over a datapad which contain all the information Orn would need to know about The Jackals. "Head to this location, we will meet you there with what other recruits we can gather."

http://starwarsrp.net/groups/412-the-jackals/

Break walked in rather calmly, despite the raging heat outside he looked rather cool and as if he had just woken from a rather good nap. Or really relaxing vacation. Pressing a button on the left side of his helmet it retracted back inside of the hood on his back his dark black hair and piercing blue eyes would be his most noticeable features to a stranger. Next would be the Nexu rifle and vibro-katana at his side. He looked around calmly as he noticed 3 guards off the bat their guns at their side and focus in the door tipped Break off. 2 more towards the rear of the cantina but that was just at a quick glance upon further inspection he noticed 3 people appearing to be striking a bargain with a handshake. He had just heard of a wanted group trying to recruit...some would call that a stupid move...Break would call it bold. He liked it. He was willing to give it a shot. He sat next to the three and ordered a water.
"I hear you're lookin for talent..."

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Thraxis"] @Orn'komad

"My aren't we popular!" He'd say as he looked to the new comer. He'd offer his hand for a hand shake. "Names Cadan, recruiter for The Jackals. Among other things. Here to join up are we?" Cadan's large, red, eyes would scan Break, and he would take in his vibro-katana, he'd nod slightly upon seeing it.

Paislee entered the cantina and removed the hood from her head to reveal her face, wearing clothes purely of a tan colour. She didn't want to look suspicious to the wrong people. The bounty hunter approached The Jackals confidently and stood before them, her arms folded. "I heard you're recruiting." she said plainly.

The smell and the guards didn't faze her, it was nothing new. She had travelled all around the galaxy and the scenery here was quite pleasant compared to other scenarios.

Cadan would clicks his fingers and look towards Jasper, the monkey-lizard. Jasper would pass the cigar over to Cadan. "You've heard right miss." He'd say as he took the cigar and placed it into his mouth, letting the grey smoke rise from his mouth, he'd blow the remain smoke into Jaspers face.

"But what would a pretty little thing like you want to join us for?" A wolfish grin would form across his face.

[member="Paislee Armandé"]

Paislee smiled back at the alien sarcastically. "I'm a bounty hunter and a fighter. It's not a case of my wanting to join, it's a case of you needing me." she said seriously.
"Looks can deceive."

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan would remove the cigar from his mouth aftertaking one last draw from it, he'd then shove it into Jaspers mouth. "Ha! Need you?" Cadan would slowly exhale the grey smoke, using his lips to create small rings with it. "You do have the right attitude. If you are serious, meet us here." Cadan would slide a datapad over with the information about The Jackals. "When you arrive there, you can speak with big Chief"

He'd look around the small group and nod. "That goes for all of you. Pay, jobs and anything else can be spoken about there. But if you have any 'urgent' questions ask them here." He'd sigh and take another swig from the bottle of whiskey.

[member="Paislee Armandé"] [member="Break"] [member="Orn'komad"]

"Thanks." Paislee said as she glanced up from the datapad. "You wont regret it." she had worked on her own all her life but had finally been given an opportunity to work with others. The teenager didn't often care for others, being as selfish as she was. She pulled the hood back up over her head.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Break would offer his hand in return. "Name's Break. " said quickly before he gulped down his water. "I hear you guys like trouble....I want in, but what can the Jackals offer me?" He smiled I have my own ship to offer. I have my own Droid armies to sweeten the deal but what can your forces offer me?" He in no way meant to offend the men in fact if all they had to offer was action he would happily accept. But from what he learned from his days as Lord commander was: if you do something well, never do it for free!

[member="Paislee Armandé"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
Under repairs... their leader is a droid? Orn took the datapad and looked over the information as others showed up. Everything seems to be in order. He half listened as the newcomers talked. All right. I need the money anyway.
Rather suddenly he slugged the rest of his drink, stood, and looked at the Duro who seemed to be in charge. "Call me Orn." Without waiting for a response he strode out of the cantina and made his way to his ship. Before long he would be at the location the datapad indicated, and be a part of the Jackals.

Thraxis would turn to [member="Cadan Tazi"], "We are far more popular then I origanlly predicted. maybe that no name group of Bounty Hunters new something we didn't." he would say, confident now replacing all the hesitation in his voice, "I think we can now defeat the Order of the Silver Jedi." said half-jokingly, but only half.

Thraxis would then turn to look at [member="Break"], "Well, asking what we can offer is quite a broad statement, maybe you should tell us what you want, a better question to have asked is what Cant we offer you." he would say, adding heavy emphasis on the Cant, "If you want Credits, that is guaranteed, if you want to kill Jedi, that is highly likely and if you want to make a name for yourself, that, I promise is a certainty." ending his sentence he would then look to [member="Cadan Tazi"], "Do you have anything else to add?"

Cadan would look around at the faces surrounding him. "Thraxis has just about summed it up. We can offer credits, a place to call home, comradeship, and even more credits. Who could ask for more!" He'd lick his lips and finish off the last of the whiskey.

"Now if you would please meet us at those coordinates I gave you, and you can meet the Cap'n" A grin would spread across his face. "Or whats left of him."

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/53848-jackals-the-pack-gathers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom