Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ithor Conference (AE, CIS, LoF, Mandos, Black Sun, interested others)

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Verz whispered back to Gil, but just barely.
"How can I, Gilamar? That piece of trash decimated our home! For no reason other than disliking a Mand'alor that left barely two months after starting her rule? He killed my brothers and sisters, to prove a moot point! We lost one of the most powerful Force users Mandalorian space had! A Master, @[member="Rach Kol-Rekali"] , who was a good friend of mine! Vaporized in an instant!"

Now, hidden by his helmet, a tear of rage and sadness fell from Verz's eye as he tried to keep his composure.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
RC 212's file was part of the extensive research on Boolon Murr's desk.

"Mand'alor," said Boolon gently, "one must remember how many former Death Watch personnel, including former crew of the Dreadstar, who are regaining their honor in the service of Gilamar Skirata. And one must also remember, much as it saddens me to redirect anger, that the tragedy of Keldabe was not initiated by anyone here, but by others. If blame must be cast, remember that portions of that blame must fall on Darth Apparatus and on Tyrin Ardik. Apparatus, the murderer of Donanyd, and Ardik, the man who now sits in the Obsidian Throne on Dromund Kaas. A man who has not hesitated to involve other nations in war. We must -- all of us must -- have peace among ourselves to be safe from such men. Though it pains me to say, there are greater issues at stake."

Akio looked to Karrde as she spoke of using the Fringe as an alternative to prison. It was not a terrible idea, though not necessarily the best interest of Atrisia. Of course he was also aware, as had been mentioned, of the types of individuals that dominated the Fringe. "Your offer is well noted Admiral, but within the Empire any criminal who has committed crimes serious enough to warrant such punishment is more properly dealt with by execution. Pirates and Force users who commit crimes within our territory are especially are shown little mercy."

It was not so subtle hint to Atrisia's closest neighbor at this meeting. "As to the mutual defense, Atrisia shall only sign with the terms that we will not become involved in proxy wars. If one of the attendees of this conference is attacked by one of the three great nations because they are allied with one or more of the others, Atrisia shall retain the right to choose who we do and do not fight. This will not affect our initial non-aggression pact."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Agreed -- and that would most certainly fall under the evidentiary hearings. The spirit of that principle, and of this conference, is to keep us from getting entangled in the wars between the Big Three."

Vorhi was annoyed with all the whispering. He was blind, not deaf. If they didn't want to share with the rest of the class they should pass notes. 212 had killed a lot of people, a lot of people who Mandalore were accountable to answer for. He couldn't just forgive and forget, unfrotunately. Vorhi looked at them both and sighed. He had an idea, but nobody would like it. To be honest, he felt it was selfish for the man to bring up the price on his head. This treaty was meant to protect a fething ton more than anyone at this table had killed, as far as he knew, and here people were pushing hard buttons on it. He sighed again. "Although it isn't my place to speak on the law of Mandalore, I offer a suggestion that may be seen as a suitable compromise. Remove the outstanding bounty, in exchange for a writ of exile explaining to mister 212 he is no longer welcome amongst your people. He still must suffer the consequences of his actions, knowing he is never welcome to return to those he's betrayed. I shall speak no further on this, but you may take or modify my idea if either of you see fit to do so." He felt ending that discussion there would allow them to focus on other matters.
Technically the declaration literally would change nothing for either party, but it would at least look like a legal form of sentencing had occurred. But, in all fairness, it was far more merciful--and politically viable--to simply place a mark upon him making him an outcast. He hoped his suggestion would at least be a grounds for getting things done--dealing with prior war-crimes wasn't the point of this tribunal, establishing peace was.
"The CIS will agree to the terms of the mutual defense treaty, and agrees that the purpose of the evidentiary hearings is to eliminate the political manipulation of this treaty. As I had said previously, there is no sense going to war over things that can be discussed in diplomatic envoys," he said, returning to his more gentle tone. "I think we all agree that being manipulated to war is problem we can avoid through open dialogues."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Boolon cleared his four throats in the stillness.

"With evidentiary hearings and the caveat that we will not be dragged into the wars of the Great Powers, the following nations have chosen to support a mutual defense pact: The Fringe Confederation. The Confederacy of Independent Systems. Black Sun. The Atrisian Empire. Mand'alor @[member="Verz Horak"] -- I still do not hear your decision in regards to the non-aggression pact and the mutual defense pact. Will you stand with the cause of peace?"

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Lifting his hand from the shoulder of his rage filled friend, Gilamar looked around the room, making sure to glare at the Sith Spit RC. With a sigh he nodded to himself and began to speak on behalf of his Mand'alor. "Due to..." Glancing at his friend again he sighed. "To certain circumstances we would rather not discuss, the Mandalorians will not be signing this pact. May the Manda find you well."

@[member="Boolon Murr"] @[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Verz had regained his composure, for the time being anyway. He took a deep breath, then let his helmet speakers convey his message. In a calm sounding voice, he answered Boolon. "No, Gilamar. We will sign the non aggression and mutual defense pact. Peace is what the galaxy needs right now. Not to say there won't be wars, but banding together will protect us from the Big Three and whatever they might throw at us."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Tension faded from Boolon's shoulders.

"A wise decision, Mand'alor. We live in a galaxy where the Empire massacres planets, the Republic commits war crimes and conquers worlds for the sake of tax breaks, the Omega Protectorate's leaders can goad a Senator to suicide in the Senate chambers, arrange for a Chancellor's exile, or take Republic soldiers captive -- their allies. The ambitions of those three nations have always threatened us, destabilized us. Consider how much the Protectorate charges for its hypothetical aid if the Sith attack Mandalore -- a constant tithe of stygium and hibridium in return for help in a situation that has never actually happened. One might argue that the Protectorate functions as a deterrent against the Sith, of course, but in the meantime the Protectorate does nothing and spends nothing, and gains everything from you. Meanwhile the Republic-"

He cut himself off, embarrassed. "My apologies, delegates. The sins and injustices of those three powers have ever made me indignant. I go too far. Suffice it to say, you have made history today. The Treaty of Ithor, and the permanent representatives you have opted to send here, will serve you well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom