Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Infinity Torches

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11pt]
zivko-kondic-sft-lastlight-800.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Intent: A new spin on keeping access to the Force despite interference. Yes, it's another ysalamir countermeasure, but you're gonna like this one. I promise. Yes, you're itching to deny this on general principle, but a) it's got nine weaknesses to one strength and b ) it should just plain work. Give love a chance.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Image Source: “Last Light” by Zivko Kondic, found at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mbGe[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Primary Source: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Lyn-Char Beorht[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: Closed Market (ask first)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Model: N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Modularity: No[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Production: Semi-Unique[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Material: Wroshyr wood, Kaiburr crystal shards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]When lit, the torch channels the living and cosmic Force to ensure its accessibility within a small area.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]STRENGTHS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The Force is accessible within a two-metre radius of a lit torch, regardless of ysalamiri, void stone, severance, or other interference.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]WEAKNESSES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Only works when carried by hand. Useless if strapped to one's back, leg, forearm, weapon, vehicle, etc. Useless if placed in a sconce, leaned up against a wall, wedged in a convenient masonry gap, and so forth.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Goes out and stops working if dropped, until lit again.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Made of wood. Tough wood, but wood nonetheless.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Water can put out the flame.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The torch will burn down in an hour or so.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Force abilities and senses can't reach beyond the two-metre radius if Force interference surrounds it. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Multiple torches won't stack, reinforce each other, etc.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Can only be used by a Force-sensitive. Held by anyone or anything else, it's just a torch.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The carrier cannot conceal their Force presence in any way, whether or not the torch is lit or in their hand.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Carriers must attune themselves to individual torches over a period of a day or more -- a process that cannot be performed when under interference. Entering a region of Force interference means bringing an extremely limited supply of torches. Torches can only be used by the attuned carrier or someone who has a strong Force-bond with them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Force is everywhere and bound up in everything. What wins in the end: the power of infinity, or a comatose furry lizard? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Lyn Beorht asked that question and kept asking. Never one for complex arcana or gimmicky silver bullets, he dug deep into the reality behind the pretension and path dependency. He imbued simple wroshyr sticks and Kaiburr crystal shards with his certainty that the Force would overcome all interference. The end result is a wood-and-crystal torch that burns down gradually, courtesy of an irrepressible living fire. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Since his ability to use the Force isn't nearly as infinite as the Force itself, though the torches come with a massive list of limitations that make them nearly useless in combat situations. The old Master made several torches, both for his own use and because he intended to find allies or decent trades.[/SIZE]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

I honestly can't see a lot that needs to change here but I have a suspicion we're breaking new ground here. If you don't mind let's consider that for these to work maybe they need to be attuned to the user's specific force connection. I'm not sure what you think but my understanding of most nullification fields can't expunge the force from a being they only interrupt the ability to maintain a connection. That said, maybe we can add a portion about the user needing to be attuned in the same manner as used in lightsaber crystals? Let me know what you think and we can move forward.

[member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

Ysalamir are one of the very few advantages NFU have over Force Users. They are (based upon lack of reports) not abused, and are a canon species with a singular benefit with already a number of heavily substantial drawbacks. They are easy to kill, difficult to carry, project a small field, and already have a number of very specific weapons designed to disable or otherwise subdue them. I don't think I am comfortable with setting the stage for simply saying "No" to Force Nullifying fields that are grounded in deep canon lore.

I appreciate your willingness to bring balance to the submission, and the lengths that you've gone to find a means to bring a unique item to SWRP, however, after spending several days in consideration, I have to make the judgement call on this one that such a substantial lunge into something that nullifies both restricted materials as well as a canon species is simply too much for the factory to approve.

This submission is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom