Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The I-19 Ion/Fusion Shielding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeing-640x353.jpg

• OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent:To Invent a new energy Shield
  • Image Source: Extreme Tech{Hyper-Linked}
  • Canon Link:N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source:N/A
  • PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • SPECIAL FEATURES
  • This Device is designed to shield against fusion energy and ion energy by siphoning it from the energy weapon firing at the I-19

• This devices containment storage is made out of Pyronium a metal which, when refined, possessed a strange and interesting property it absorbed energy, changing colors in the process through the visible spectrum. The atomic structure of the Pyronium itself stored the energy and when the quantum shells were unable to accommodate more, the energy was shunted into a localized hyperspatial matrix, making its energy absorptive potential extraordinarily high.

• This device has a personal holographic field projector , when the I-19 is used on the ground the holo projector can make it appear to be anything from a speeder bike to a house , and it would be very hard to figure out exactly what the i-19 was until you actually scanned it or touched the holo field and realized it was a Illusion.

• Strengths:
  • It has the potential power to drain the energy particles, then revert that energy to its shielding pretty much turning it into a perpetual energy shield device assuming it is not attacked by ballistic weapons .
  • it has its own personal holographic device not as good as stealth but it gives the I-19 the ability to disguise itself from attackers.
  • Weaknesses:
  • The I-19 requires decent amounts of energy to power its holographic projector and start the process of its energy shielding that drains energy particles,The I-19 requires Luxum and synthetic power crystals too start up and work properly but once it is being attacked by energy weapons it becomes a perpetual energy device and restores its power from the energy attacking it.

• The ability to stop solid objects is only temporary as the power drain required to stop solid matter is way to excessive on the 1-19 machine, that is this devices true weakness above all else ballistic weapons and solid matter destroy these shields faster then anything else, because the shields are designed to drain energy to power them and keep them going, if they are not able to do that and have to rely on the internal power supply to deflect solid matter the shields apart pretty fast. Depending on the size of the shield generator you were using and how many internal crystals your device was powered by also depending on if it is a personal shield ship shield or planet shield. Personal shields would be drained in about 30 minutes to 1 hour. As the shield for a entire planet would have a greater power source and be able to stop ballistic attacks for probably 3 months as stated these shields are not designed for ballistic defense and exact specs and details on these things can be provided upon purchase of these shields.

• DESCRIPTION
  • This device is meant to be the best energy shielding device on the market like the ray shield and particle shields it varies in size from personal use to star ships and planets depending on your needs and how it is manufactured. That is were the similarities end ,The technology is far beyond ray and particle shield devices. The size of the shield and power source of the shield would fluctuate for the purpose of your shielding. The bigger the object the power it would require. It has the potential to stop solid objects as well as its regular functions. Keep in mind its ability to stop solid objects but requires a further power drain on the energy system powering the shields. As mentioned using these shields as a ballistic shield is highly not recommended and the Privateers Alliance will accept no responsibility for the outcome of using this advanced energy shielding technology in the capacity of a ballistic shield.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Salvator Vonstein said:
The vented energy is not target and just flows out as a massive wave bubble.
Is it harmless?
Salvator Vonstein said:
Luxum andsynthetic power crystal
This should be in materials and the effect of what they can do at the Special Features section.

So there is technology like this in Legends/Canon so there isn't really a problem, however I'm sure what 'fusion damage' is as the only mention to fusion is in terms of reactor cores and power generators.

@Salvator Vonstein

@Jamie Pyne | [member="Salvador Grim"]

This has been moved from the archives by request. Please update this submission to the current factory template before Haytham continues judgement. Please tag him when you are ready.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]
  • This Device has a containment to store the siphoned ion and fusion energy and can vent it if it needs too, The vented energy is not targeted and just flows out as a massive energy wave. The massive wave vents to a radius of 100 meters releasing super heated ion and fusion energy it is not targeted but if anything is in the radius of those 100 meters that is not shielded or heavy armored chances are there is a high possibility it might be vaporized from the super heated energy wave. Anything past 100 meters and this venting is completely harmless.

i think i have it covered here sir please inform me if you require any further corrections thank you for your time.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Salvator Vonstein said:
This Device has a containment to store the siphoned ion and fusion energy and can vent it if it needs too, The vented energy is not targeted and just flows out as a massive energy wave. The massive wave vents to a radius of 100 meters releasing super heated ion and fusion energy it is not targeted but if anything is in the radius of those 100 meters that is not shielded or heavy armored chancesare there is a high possibility it might be vaporized from the super heated energy wave. Anything past 100 meters and this venting is completely harmless.
Is this one hundred metres starting from the shield projector, or the boundaries set by the shield?

@Salvator Vonstein

the one hundred meter wave would start from the base of the object that projected the shield, because the object is just venting excess heat in a sense. then anything past that 100 meter wave would be safe as the heat wave dissipated over and lost its energy at the one meter mark. The boundaries of the shield can extend further then 100 meter but the more the shield is extended the more power that is required to keep it solid. now those numbers would be greatly increased considering the size of the shield, a basic shield has a 100 meter wave if it was used for a star ship or a planet the more energy going it would require a more massive venting process and increases the danger zone potentially to the distance of miles for instance like star ship is bigger than a house so if this device was on a starship you would times the venting by the size of the starship so say a 5000 meter starship might have 50,000 meter venting wave. That's the general idea, it is very important to the construction of this shielding device because it needs to vent off the excess energy so it dont overload and explode. [member="Haytham Kaze"]

[member="Nadja Keto"] it is a shield not a ranged weapon the venting is only a side effect from the energy drain of it being attacked by certain weapons then it vents to avoid overloading it is not a weapon in any sense of the concept it is designed to be a shield as is explained in the submission and is pure defensive, I do not understand how you see this as a weapon and with all due respect i would please ask you too explain your thoughts on that. The only part of the entire submission that could be possibly a weapon is the venting and that is more of a fluff side effect from over containment of energy,it has no targeting system or weapons. The energy just vents out in a wave like steam from a kettle its the exact same idea as a kettle venting super hot air IE steam. If the kettle dont vent the steam like a pot on a stove its boils over if this machine dont vent energy it explodes that was the original submission idea anyway a non weaponized shield. But i found something very interesting canon and am going to edit this submission.

Salvador Grim said:
[member="Nadja Keto"] it is a shield not a ranged weapon the venting is only a side effect from the energy drain of it being attacked by certain weapons then it vents to avoid overloading it is not a weapon in any sense of the concept it is designed to be a shield as is explained in the submission and is pure defensive, I do not understand how you see this as a weapon and with all due respect i would please ask you too explain your thoughts on that. The only part of the entire submission that could be possibly a weapon is the venting and that is more of a fluff side effect from over containment of energy,it has no targeting system or weapons. The energy just vents out in a wave like steam from a kettle its the exact same idea as a kettle venting super hot air IE steam. If the kettle dont vent the steam like a pot on a stove its boils over if this machine dont vent energy it explodes that was the original submission idea anyway a non weaponized shield. But i found something very interesting canon and am going to edit this submission.
You've edited your submission so the argument is moot, but be aware that every time you edit your submission that it leaves a notation at the bottom of the post to let everyone know it has been edited and by whom.
0d4b2ad0116ca9d62dc776971a0c69c0.png

I was referring to this:

Salvator Vonstein said:
the one hundred meter wave would start from the base of the object that projected the shield, because the object is just venting excess heat in a sense. then anything past that 100 meter wave would be safe as the heat wave dissipated over and lost its energy at the one meter mark. The boundaries of the shield can extend further then 100 meter but the more the shield is extended the more power that is required to keep it solid. now those numbers would be greatly increased considering the size of the shield, a basic shield has a 100 meter wave if it was used for a star ship or a planet the more energy going it would require a more massive venting process and increases the danger zone potentially to the distance of miles for instance like star ship is bigger than a house so if this device was on a starship you would times the venting by the size of the starship so say a 5000 meter starship might have 50,000 meter venting wave. That's the general idea, it is very important to the construction of this shielding device because it needs to vent off the excess energy so it dont overload and explode.
Which, in your own words:

Salvator Vonstein said:
yes unless your in the 100 meter radius then it is like a hydrogen bomb , that is the closest real world example, there is a fusion accelerator cannon is star wars for a example of fusion weapons. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Accelerator_Cannon

That is a weapon. You can combine shields and weapons together, but it doesn't make it anything less than a weapon.

I see you've edited your submission to avoid this, but it still includes things which require the portions of the ranged weapon's template:

Salvator Vonstein said:
Because of the Luxum used in this device and its special Ion side effects the user of the device can emit a ion wave from the shielding device to potentially have the same effect as a couple of ion grenades
All you would need to do is take the portions of the ranged weapon template that is not already listed in this submission and paste it into your submission, such as the Effective Range and the other missing fields. Any projectile weapon, any kind of explosive, and any kind of area-of-effect or directional damaging effect should utilize the Ranged Weapon Template (which is only called that because the most common usage is for weapons, it doesn't change what the submission is) so that anyone who is being effected by this or is role-playing with this would know the range or area that this would effect and how large of an impact it would cause.

Upon closer inspection, I've also noticed that you've added a restricted material into your submission at a production higher than unique. You will need to include a restricted mission to utilize Pyronium at any production above unique.

In the future, when editing a submission during the review process, be aware that you should inform whomever is judging your submission of any changes made to your submission. You should also be aware that we can see what was displayed prior to the edit by visiting the cached copy of the webpage via google and the Internet Archive. Hiding or sneaking in edits can be construed as an attempt to intentionally mislead a factory judge or staff, which is against the rules. It would be in your best interests to be as transparent as possible when making changes to your submission.

[member="Nadja Keto"] i was being transparent and attempting any reason you could possibly consider this a weapon >>> Because of the Luxum used in this device and its special Ion side effects the user of the device can emit a ion wave from the shielding device to potentially have the same effect as a couple of ion grenades<<< the luxum crystal that powers it has a natural side effect of ion radiation. i am not trying to be rude but i think you got the wrong idea i know edits show up and i know the rules about not trying to mislead or fool anyone, i kind of find it offence you suggest such thing i am only just trying to follow the directions and make this as easy as possible this is not a weapon and it seems luxum is the only reason you consider it one so i am just going to remove that entire section. This device only serves one purpose shielding.
for the shake of making this simple i will inform you the person judging this that i am removing any mention of luxum.

Upon closer inspection, I've also noticed that you've added a restricted material into your submission at a production higher than unique. You will need to include a restricted mission to utilize Pyronium at any production above unique.

Submissions with a restricted material from the list below will not require a completed ‘restricted material’ objective thread for Technology as long as the item that is being submitted is labeled as Unique and maintain well balanced strengths, weaknesses, and features.

So Basically change it to Unique and remove the mentions of Luxum and we should be right. Also could you please make that submission with the cane staff active so i may complete the ranged weapons requirements you asked for thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom