Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hourglass and the Landslide

Having said her piece, Rhi only nodded her head to confirm that Master Taral was responsible. Otherwise she listened quietly to what Arc had to say, leaning forward until her wingtip brushed his outstretched hand. Looking at the wings was one thing; actually touching them, feeling their solidity, the leathery texture webbed with bones and veins, drove home that they were real and part of her.

She wanted to drive it all home, make sure that he understood what he was getting himself into. Oh, she was afraid that he would reject her now, take off the ring and tell her to get out. Maybe she should’ve brought all this up before the proposal, heh. But she could never lie or mislead him. Better for him to know the truth now and accept it.

To her relief, Arc didn’t push her away. No, he seemed just as ready to take this step as she was. A pang of guilt hit her at the mention of her parents’ beliefs. “I know,” she murmured. “But I figured it was better than… At least they’d be safe.

But they were safe, weren’t they? She and Arc had protected them from pirates and slavers and monsters. They would go on protecting them together. And the children would be free to decide for themselves who and what they wanted to be.

"I want my children back, Rhiannon. I want our children with us."

She squeezed his hand. “Let’s go get them, then.

Rising to her feet, she reached out to help him up, then paused, smiling awkwardly. “Unless you still have business to attend to here? I know I kind of dropped in out of the blue… Uh, I can wait until you finish up.

His fingers brushed against her wings, cementing them as something tangible and real. They did nothing to offset her beauty, nor the magnetized attraction he felt toward her, and he drew them down to feel the taut leather and bone more readily. Nothing was said regarding them, nothing needed to be said. There was just a simple understanding which drifted between them, silent yet optimistic.
She was still Rhiannon, the sun who had forged for him twin moons.
"You did what you had to do. I am grateful that your parents were there to care for them." Arcturus would make sure that they knew as much too. "They'll always have a place in their lives, regardless of their beliefs, should they wish it. Family... Family matters. I realize that now." He'd gone so long without, perhaps that was why he'd clung so readily to Maliphant and the role he filled. These days it didn't even feel adoptive, and certainly his assertion that any further children he might have would not offset the balance had helped cement that.
Maliphant had chosen him. And the best kind of family was that which was chosen freely.
Rhiannon was quick to try and do everything all at once, and Arcturus couldn't help but grin hopelessly. She was a blazing fire, this one. Definitely a star... "There are still things I must tend to, yes," he said, as he joined her on his feet. "Meet me at the Heart of the Universe... On Life Day. I'll be there." Arcturus had left his ship cloaked and hidden by the Netherworld Rift there on Naboo, it was simple enough for him to use as a way back and forth when the unpredictability of his Doorway wasn't ideal.
"Then we'll get the kids." He leaned in and kissed her again, not as deeply as previously but certainly more secure. Like he felt content in her presence, rather than rushed and frantic.

Hmmm,” was all Rhi had to say on the matter of her parents. She had no idea how they would react, but given the circumstances, it wasn’t likely to be a peaceful family reunion. Still, nothing could truly stop them from taking the kids back…

Her eyebrows rose. “The mountain on Naboo?” She’d heard of it, but had never been there before. It was a rather notorious spot, to say the least. Perhaps it had some special power she wasn’t aware of.

I’ll be there,” she agreed, just before he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers again. It was a languid kiss, a slow burn, as Arc was content to take his time. Rhi melted into him, savoring the moment while it lasted.

Do we have to go our separate ways right this minute?” she murmured, resting her head against his chest as she looked up at him. “Or… could I stay with you for a little while longer?” They had just gotten engaged. It seemed a pity for them to part so soon afterwards...

He nodded to her question. "That's the one..." It took him a moment to realize that it was probably a really, really weird rendezvous point without any context, so he tilted his head a little to the left like a curious pup and offered her an easy smile. "There's a Rift near its peak. Naboo's in free space, makes more sense than some of the other options." Last he'd heard Korriban had been claimed by some army of lightsiders. He shuddered to think what they'd done to that sacred world.
She agreed to be there, and Arcturus nodded his head in gratitude. "It's a date" he mumbled against her lips, as he caressed her cheek. When they pulled away she asked a question he had believed to be, well, redundant. "Of course you can stay" he said with a small chuckle. "What, do you think I'd make you my fiancé then kick you out the door?"
Arcturus swallowed down some of the residual nerves he'd been feeling, and then took Rhiannon's face in both his hands. "I'm going to be better this time, Rhi. I promise..." No more running away.

Oh. That made sense. “Good choice, then.A date. Had they ever been on a proper date before? She couldn’t recall one. Well, there’s a first time for everything.

She smiled, but it was bittersweet. How badly she wanted to believe that this time it would be different. Even after all that had transpired between them, how much they had hurt each other, she still wanted nothing more than to be with him. To have peace of mind. She still had hope, but it was small and frail.

Her touch upon him changed, her hands lowering to his hips, her grip tightening. “Show me,” she said, lifting her chin. A challenge, a dare.

He could tell that she wasn't entirely convinced, and quite frankly Arcturus couldn't blame her for that. He'd been unpredictable, unreliable, he wasn't exactly a stable foundation to build one's life with. If she hadn't been apprehensive he might have thought her crazy. Her grasp of him shifted and tightened, and he could all but sense the need drifting between them like static seeking a place to ground.
She raised her chin in challenge, green eyes meeting blue, and he raised one brow in response. Show her... She wanted some level of proof, something that showed that this wasn't just a heat of the moment thing. He knew what she was hoping for, of course, knew that call toward intimacy well, but he also knew that it wasn't something new for them, wasn't something cementing. It wouldn't... prove anything. Not in his mind at least.
His left hand slipped down to cup her chin again, the right settling upon her shoulder. "Do... You want to get out of here?" he asked, "There's a restaurant over by Memorial Park. I'd... I'd like to bring you there. If you're hungry?" They were long past due an actual date.

Yes,” she blurted, her mind following quite a different track than his. But then his suggestion threw her off. “Memorial Park…?” That was an area of Masque. “Should we really trust a restaurant in the Netherworld?

That seemed like an invitation to chaos. Still, she wasn’t opposed to the idea of going out. “I mean, if you’ve been there before… and you know it’s safe” She was looking at him shyly now, realizing what he intended. An actual date. That certainly sounded better than what she’d had in mind, although they could always do some catching up later.

They had all the time in the world. Er, galaxy. Universe? They had eternity.

"I've been before" he assured her with a small nod of his head, "Though, we need to make sure we ask for the right menu..." The shudder which accompanied those words suggested he'd seen first hand what happened when one looked upon the wrong selection of dishes. "It's good, I promise."
Her coy expression of disbelief as she caught up with what he was trying to propose they do brought a cheeky little grin to his face. "You're cute when you're flustered" he said, as he gently peeled himself away from her and turned toward the stairs. He halted on the second step then turned toward her. "Well, I mean. You're cute all of the time... Of course..." His cheeks reddened slightly.
"Coming? I have some of your clothes up here. Something ought to work..." It took him a few seconds longer to remember the wings. "Might... Need to make some adjustments though." For his part Arcturus already knew what he'd wear, and he didn't have to go rummaging for it beyond slipping a hand into his pouch. Rhiannon deserved to dress up and feel special for their date though.

Rhi still looked a bit skeptical, but she shrugged. “Sure. Why not. I’ve already died three times, what’s one more?” Acute food poisoning from eating Nether food would certainly be an original way to go out.

Him calling her cute just got her to turn even redder. “I’m a Darth now, I can’t be cute,” she insisted, lifting her skirts as she followed him up the stairs. “Besides, you’re cuter than me.

The mention of changing clothes had her side-eyeing him. “Where did you get my clothes from?” she asked.

Died three times?
Arcturus stared at her as though the wings weren't the only new growth to appear, and opened his mouth to quip back. He couldn't find the right words, or any words really, so instead he tucked that information away. Maybe he could ask about it over dinner. What lovely date night conversation that would make.
At least she was willing to give the restaurant a try.
"You'll always be cute to me" he said, and it was true. Even when they were 'feuding', even when he was actively trying to push her away, she'd been the only one he had eyes for. The sweeping sound of fabric followed him up the stairs as he led the way into his storage area. Most of it was a mess of boxes and crates, some of which looked older than the both of them combined, but in the back lay two traveling trunks. He stepped toward the one on the right and unlatched it, revealing an armoire filled with clothes alike those she typically wore. Not hers per se, but the right size and style.
"I... Had these made for you" he explained, stepping back to give her access. There were only a few outfits but they were fully set up. Dress, shoes, clutch should she desire one. Even some jewelry in one of the drawers. Arcturus seemed rather sheepish as he revealed it to her. Some were definitely more dressy than others.

Yeah, she probably could’ve handled the delivery of that revelation a bit better. Oh well. He seemed content to let the matter go for now.

Rhi huffed, but it was true. She was cute. Especially when she gawked up at him about the dresses. “No way.” Yes way. “But—how did you know I would ever come here?” Now that was a funny question to ask, given the circumstances. “You really do think of everything.

She gingerly touched one of the gowns. It was similar to the little black dress she had so favored back in her Academy days, when she had worn matching black tights and black leather shoes. But this was much higher quality in terms of make and fabric. “These must’ve cost some money,” she remarked. “I-I don’t know what to say. Thank you.

One of the other dresses in the armoire was open in the back, though certainly on the fancier side. They were going on a date—why not go all out? She started to undress, not caring whether Arc saw her or not. In addition to the wings, she was in perhaps the best shape of her life, with a more athletic physique. She also had a host of new scars, with a particularly nasty lightsaber burn over her heart, and another that looked suspiciously like she’d been bisected in half then sewed back together.

She selected a blue dress, found a pair of shoes, and threw in some of the jewelry as well, just for fun. Then she turned toward Arc. “You’re going to use those pebble things, aren’t you.” It was so much easier and less time-consuming, though she admittedly liked the process of getting ready.

Last edited:
She seemed incredibly surprised by the fact that he'd gotten her a wardrobe situated here, and that made Arcturus' heart sink. He really had been a jackass hadn't he? Off-putting, cold. It was all a façade of course, he'd lulled himself into the belief that they were safer apart. Better apart. But clearly he'd held on hope. "I didn't manage to get to the pebbles yet" he said apologetically, "Do uh... Do you have a colour you'd prefer? For the crystals..?"
He watched as she brushed through the various options, curious as to what she'd be drawn toward. The little black dress was a classic, it had made sense for him to replicate it. But it was perhaps the most glamorous dress he'd procured which she opted for, and he beamed in delight. "I'm really glad you like that one" he said in relief. He made no comment in regards to the cost, some considered it rude to speak on the price of a gift.
"You're more than welcome."
Arcturus began to step aside, to give her some space as she changed, until it became apparent that she didn't care. He took in the sight of her, making note of the differences, the scars and the stories they told of their time apart. He could feel a heat rising within him, a strange duality of desire mixed with broiling rage directed at whoever had dared do such to her.
He stepped closer, before she could finish dressing, and gently traced the scar which spoke of her bisection. "Does it still hurt?" he asked, softly. His other hand drifted up toward her heart, though he didn't touch. "Who did these to you, Rhiannon..?"

Hey, that’s fine,” she said. “Ooh, I get to pick the colors?” The notion excited her like a child. “Can I make them green?

When he remarked upon the gorgeous dress she had chosen, she grew a little bit sheepish. She held it up, gesturing to the empty space at the back as if it were self-explanatory why she had picked it. Definitely not because it was beautiful, or anything...

Before she could put it on, Arc approached her. Her breath caught as he traced the lines of her scars, his touch making her squirm a bit. She watched his face, wondering what he was thinking. She didn’t have to wonder for long.

No,” she answered quietly. “At least, not outside of nightmares…” She had relived some of these battles in her dreams. “It was two young Jedi on Panatha,” she said. “Silas and Jasper were their names. They clipped part of my wing too, but that healed much better. Or at least, it didn’t leave a scar...

His hand drifted up, but didn’t touch the scar over her heart. So she took his hand and laid it over her breastbone. “This was from… an old friend. Let’s just say he didn’t take kindly to what I was doing on Empress Teta. We fought. I was winning, but I didn’t want to kill him. Then his girlfriend came to his rescue, and the two of them got the upper hand.” She grew thoughtful, remembering the duel against Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Amani Serys Amani Serys . “Once they defeated me, I made him take the final blow. This was the spot he chose to strike at. My heart.

Last edited:
"Can't see why not" he said with a smile, "Green always suits you..." It was a good choice to be sure. Of course there was more than just the crystals to consider. He wondered if she had a preference on style or material when it came to their container. Something to ask when he began the process. For now they had more important matters on hand.
She squirmed beneath his fleeting touch, and his eyes soaked her in entirely. Had she been wearing clothes it might have been the sort of look that seemed to undress an individual. Delving and curious and unguarding.
They didn't hurt, so that was a relief. Nightmares, though... "I can fix that" he whispered, "If you'd like..."
As for the cause, it seemed as though the Jedi had a habit of sic'ing numerous of their forces against just one Sith. He'd seen it first hand.
"Silas... Jasper..." He set those names to memory, then frowned when she spoke of the other two. "An old friend?" He perked a brow, though his expression turned a little more dire. "Which friend, Rhi?" His voice was calm...too calm. His hand pressed gently over the scar, thumb flexing across the burned tissue. "Someone I know..?"

Rhi’s answer was a bit delayed, caught up in the way he was looking at her. She averted her eyes, her cheeks burning. “Depends on what you mean by ‘fix’...

He seemed very interested in knowing the identities of those who had harmed her. The pair of Jedi brats who had cut her in half, she didn’t care about. But Alicio?

You only met him once,” she said. “Alicio Organa.” Part of her hoped the weight of Alicio’s name and title would deter him from doing anything. She moved closer to Arc, her arms encircling his waist, her lips pressed against his throat.

"Help you to sleep, undisturbed..." There was more than one way to tend to that of course. After a moment, he tilted his head toward her. "Tonight at least I'm sure I can keep them at bay..." When had Arcturus last slept? The man couldn't quite recall. He could only hope that his proximity would help to dampen her mind insofar as the dark thoughts and memories were concerned. He'd stay awake and personally fight off any nightmares if he had to.
When the name was given Arcturus' jaw tensed. Alicio... "Were you deserving?" he asked, a slight edge entering his otherwise unnaturally calm tone. It didn't matter what she'd done to 'deserve' it of course, Arcturus was just fishing for details. It would help him decide how to handle their little Alderaanian problem.
Such thoughts were brushed aside by her warm embrace, though. Her arms encircled him, and soon her lips were at his throat. Arcturus groaned headily, tilting up his head to take full advantage of her kiss. His hand lifted from her heart, fingers entwining through her hair. He had sensed her apprehension in telling him about Alicio's part in all of this, and with her engulfing him so easily with her presence he found his foul mood tempered.
"Every muscle in my body is itching to seek him out" he confessed, a low rumble in his voice. "Say the word, and I will..." Of course that left the door open for the opposite. Should she wish him leave the matter alone, he would. It was her business ultimately, and as much as he wanted bloody revenge he'd respect her choice in the matter.

Like I used to do to you.” Her tone was softer and sadder than she intended, but thinking about their past, especially the sweet and tender parts, tended to do that to her. She could remember holding him at night, and having some notion that her presence was the one thing that allowed him to sleep. It had made her feel special, foolish girl that she was. As if she possessed some secret power unique to her. Maybe she did have such a hold over him, but now he held a similar domain over her.

Her brow furrowed. “Yes, I suppose I did deserve it.” She had tried to trick Alicio. He was leading a group of people to safety. She wanted them for a ritual, so she lied and said there was a safer route elsewhere. He didn’t buy it, and that was how the fight began.

Arc’s groans and his fingers in her hair urged her on. A few steps forward, and she had him sitting on one of the storage crates, with her in his lap. “He isn’t worth it,” she whispered, her voice husky. “Just some Alliance politician who had to be rescued by his Jedi lover. You and I have more important things to do than take revenge on the likes of him…

Last edited:
"Exactly like that" came his breathless reply, the solemnity and sadness encircling that statement was not lost upon him, bittersweet just like most everything in their lives together. At least with Rhi he had more sweet moments than the bitterness that made up most other facets of his existence. "Who knows, maybe I'll finally sleep too..."
She had that affect on him, in the best possible way, soothed his mind and permitted him to rest unmolested by horrors past.
Rhiannon claimed she deserved it but that didn't much change Arcturus' stance on the matter. Soon enough he found himself backed up just a couple of steps, until he was set upon one of the crates. She was in his lap just as suddenly, and his breath caught in his throat.
"Mm" he agreed, barely able to find his words. "He isn't, is he?" If his wife-to-be wanted him to leave well enough alone, then who was he to press further? At least in regards to Alicio that was... He wrapped an arm around her, and pressed her closer to him all the same. Arcturus could feel himself stirring, and as much as he had tried to resist fate, to start them off on the right foot in this new step in their relationship, he was fast spurred on by her allure.
Alicio was quickly forgotten, dinner date temporarily cast aside, as he claimed her once more.

Rhi gave him a concerned look when he admitted he wasn’t sleeping, but her attention was soon diverted. Arcturus’ arms were around her, all thoughts of revenge forgotten. Though he had tried to ensure that they started things out on the right foot, she needed this. Needed to feel that she was still desired, after being denied by him for so long. Already she could feel a release, the last pangs of doubt and anxiety ebbing away. Things would be like the way they were—no, they would be better than that, now that their fears and petty moralities were out of the way. She was his, and he was hers.

The old crate wasn’t exactly a feather bed, especially with her wings in the way, though it hardly would have stopped her. Arc seemed to sense her discomfort, however, and soon he had picked her up and moved somewhere less likely to result in splinters.

Later, she lay beside him, fingers slowly stroking his red hair. The dinner date still loomed, but for now she was simply enjoying the silence.

Until she spoke, that is. “We should go hunting together sometime.

It had been a cathartic experience to be sure. Ignited within him a fire long thought doused to burn away the last remnants of his reluctant past, leaving in its wake the very foundations he'd believed himself to be lacking. Back set on the ground, lay upon a bundle of old fabric, he caressed her arm and held her close as silence drifted between them. It was punctuated only by their tired breaths. His eyes were fixed up at the beams overhead, and he relished the feeling of her fingers through his hair.
"Hunting?" He turned his head toward her as her suggestion was made, humour bright in his icy eyes, "And what would you have us hunt, dear one?"
There was certainly plenty of time to make up for, plenty of things that they could do. Should do. Why couldn't hunting be among them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom