Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hound of Islimore

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

Life was always full of unexpected surprises, twists and turns which pushed people along the paths they were always intended to walk. Some used the word fate, or destiny, but Gerwald was hard pressed to believe in either. He did not believe in much beyond himself, aside from the fact each person was capable of great evil. So much of his life had been spent responding to the evil he witnessed and the atrocities of those who claimed to know what was best for the galaxy. While he was not a saint himself, Gerwald was not evil. He hated all things that touched it.

Islimore was riddled with it. Those of the Fayth had decimated his kind, and the more Gerwald learned of his people’s history the more he knew that they needed to be purged. The conflict between what was needed for his kind and his duty to the Knights Obsidian tore at him. As it was he at least knew one thing.Gerwald would remain until the Fayth were destroyed.

One thing remained. Gerwald needed to see Islimore for himself.

Varick and Aelin had already left for the planet, his older brother eager to begin training the younger wolf in the ways of the force. Gerwald had decided he would teach her what his brother could not, and that was yet to be determined. Their time apart from each other had seen the brothers progress to leadership of their respective ranks and grow in skills neither had tested each other in. One thing the younger Lupo was certain of, however, was that he was stronger than Varick. If Gerwald cared about the clan system of the Lupo he would likely put it to the test, but he did not.

Gerwald was his own wolf, and he always had been.

<< “Come and find me when you can,” >> the telepathy had been sent to Aelin.

This was its own test. He knew that he could reach her, but was she listening. Even if she were listening, would she follow? The wolf knew he had not started off on the right footing with her. His way was not a gentle one, and Gerwald rarely treated anyone differently than what Aelin had first experienced. What Gerwald lacked in tact, he made up for in his resolve. He was not a charismatic leader, not like Varick. Gerwald simply did his duty and was an example of what a soldier should be. Those that followed him did so because he could be respected, not because his personality was attractive.

He waited just outside the edge of the forest. There was something Gerwald wanted to find, a place he knew existed. How they would find it, he did not know, but it would be a good opportunity for him to learn more about Aelin and for them to understand each other better. The wolf grinned as he took in the scent of the tree which he leaned against. He desperately wanted to run, but for wanting to avoid drawing the Fayth’s attention, he held his wolf calm. ​

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Islimore
Tag | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

It felt like she was moving from one thing to the next since she left Bellassa, with hardly a minute's pause to breathe. The last few months blended together since finding her elder sister, Miera Erevos Miera Erevos .

The search for answers on what happened to her elder sisters, had inadvertently revealed some surprising revelations of their families bloodline and their direct relation to the ancient clan, Svard. In a blazing wash of ignominy, the distant knowledge of the storied name crept from the dark crevices of her mind. As a young child, yet too small to understand, it was Miera who’d often bundled her in her arms and regaled Aelin with soothing bedtime stories of their family's resplendent history. Stories she’d forgotten, pushed aside as a child puts away fables they’ve outgrown - for that was all she’d believed them to be.

Clutching the God Gems she’d won in battle against her own flesh and blood, Veldir, confirmed that was not the case. The knowledge of which, left a heavy weight on her shoulders.

After taking back her father’s clan, Aelin had become the figure to whom the remaining Zorathi looked to for guidance, and was ever grateful she’d been surrounded by those more adept at leading, having learned from Clan Drage when to delegate and when to be directly involved - so as to prevent her own shortcomings from affecting her people.

But this was just one clan.

What would happen when she finally revealed the truth, of not only who they were, but what she possessed? The God Gems were not some other dusty trinket, but a legacy of their people, and a right of leadership. The thought made her lungs seize inside her chest, knowing that sooner or later she would have to make a declaration and set in motion the ceremony for a new Anasi to be chosen. Did she have the strength to show those Lupo who might yet straddle the fence in their doubt of her, that she had the strength and conviction in the inevitable war to come, to lead them to victory? Did she believe that in herself?

The answer to that was not only unclear, but left her feeling wholly alienated, with the only person she wanted to discuss the matters with, not only lightyears away - but on uncertain terms.

<< “Come and find me when you can,” >>

Inhaling, she pushed down the mental and emotional turmoil she felt roiling inside her.

She was getting good at that.

Lifting the satchel that dangled about her neck, she repocketed the gems and tied off the pouch securely, jumping from the mossy rock she’d been doing her thinking on, giving a languid stretch in the afternoon sun.

While she’d spent several days with Varick on Islimore, training and generally getting to know the eldest Lechner brother - the differences between the two exceedingly jarring, to say the least - she hadn’t seen Gerwald.

Hearing his voice in her mind was something of a surprise, but a welcome one, given the mire of her own thoughts. There was much for them to cover, in the sense that they didn’t know each other as well as she would have liked, despite his assistance in having helped her find her sister. For that kindness alone, she would meet him, stretching out her senses until she picked up on his signature.

Gerwald and Varick called that sense the Force, while others of their kind called it the God's spirit. Whatever it was, Aelin was becoming more attuned to its voice, her own power growing, letting it guide her until she happened upon him.

“I found you,” she stated, a wry smile gracing her face for a moment, coming to a stop a few feet away. One delicate brow arched. “Does this mean I pass?”

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

Gerwald peeked his head upward when Aelin's scent made contact with the air. The wolf smirked, happy that she had passed his playful test. His thoughts had been lost in memories he had not allowed his mind to ponder in some time. Gerwald knew his mother would have loved to see the world their people came from. Perhaps her outlook would have been different had she known. The wolf knew his perspective was changing.

Deft fingers lifted to play at the ring always on the chain around Gerwald's neck. Change was on the wind, and the wolf could feel it in his bones. Something was stirring in the Netherworld, thoughts which pulled Gerwald away from the present. How he wished he could enjoy the moment, but duty always called him away from living for what he wanted. His life was always one of sacrifice.

Today, he would have at least one thing he wanted.

His lips turned into a smile as Aelin approached. Her question danced on his ears as he pushed off the massive trunk he had been leaning against.

"You most definitely did. It seems the time you've been spending with Var has been paying off."

Gerwald started into the forest. His wolf had been growing impatient, wanting to explore a new forest. He knew his ancestral home would be close, or at least the ruins of it. Several weeks of research had gone into searching for the origin of his clan, and an off passage in one of Katrine's books has given it away.

"Atop the cliff where the river gods meet…" he quoted as he looked back over his shoulder to Aelin to see if she was following. "Does the stanza mean anything to you at all?"

Aelin had her secrets, he could tell as much from a brief moment of intrusion during his telepathy. Gerwald has his as well. Of any Lechner alive, Gerwald knew the most about his clan. There were things not even Varick knew. It was not because the wolf had withheld them, but simply because time has kept them apart for so long. He hoped funding his home would bring answers to the questions his secrets brought to life. ​

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Islimore

Her chin lifted, a sense of pride swelling beneath her breast at the mention of Varick, his teachings, and her personal development. To say that she'd grown since leaving Bellassa and coming under the tutorship of the elder Lechner, was akin to pointing out that the sun set at night. Through careful mentorship, pain, and trial, she'd become more. The young she-wolf was stronger now, more resilient, more in tune with the world around her and all its ebbs and flows. No longer was she the starving girl who spent her days sizing up her chances of survival. "He's a through instructor." she answered, doing a light jog to pull up beside Gerwald, following him at a comfortable stride.

"I can't say it does, but it could be in reference to the Gods Leithrex and Cheryux, if I had to hazard a guess. The two main rivers that pass directly through Blackbrook and most of Islimore's settled continent are named for them. The two converge in the Abolase mountains." The time she'd spent training with the Drage Clan was filled with intensive study, almost like there'd been a rush for some reason - it made her wonder, if they'd known her true identity all along? Webs to untangle another day...

One such thing she'd had to learn in-depth was Islimore's geography. Hours were spent pouring over the study of maps, rivers, and the boundaries of ancient clan lands - at least for the ones that were known and had been recorded.

The low rush of a river was up ahead of them and her head tilted back to look up at the behemoth who stood by her side, a delicately arched brow raising in question. "Why the sudden interest? I thought you didn't care about the Gods and our stories?"

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

There was a sense of pride which radiated from the young she-wolf. Gerwald smirked at the idea his compliment could produce that kind of reaction. He rarely gave them, but Aelin likely did not know that. Whatever praise the wolf did give was justifiably earned, so the woman deserved her moment of pride. That did not mean Gerwald could let it slide without dampening it slightly.

“Be careful… pride is a tricky thing. Not enough of it and you lose your confidence, too much of it and you fall.”

It was possible to place too much faith in an instructor, and while Varick was thorough, he was not infallible. Gerwald was not either, but that did not stop him from taking whatever moments he could find to teach. It had always been his role, a duty he gladly accepted. A soft smile was offered to the she-wolf along with a playful wink. Perhaps she would take it in the spirit it was given in.

Her knowledge of the mythology and geography of Islimore and their people was enjoyable. While Gerwald did not have the same level of knowledge as the brunette, he had studied enough to know the verse which pertained to his lineage. A small chuckle rose from his belly when the accusation of his disinterest was uttered by Aelin, and he could not deny it.

“Oh I am not interested in the gods. I have never hidden that. The stories on the other hand have always intrigued me. For instance, the Abolese Mountains. They are very real, and appear in much of the mythology our people hold to. Yet, there is a very manor and house which once stood tall and proud there in Blackbrook.”

The wolf pushed deeper into the forest and picked up his pace as the sound of rushing water crashed upon their ears. Light began to peek through the trees as the edge of the forest came into view once more. Gerwald knew what was on the other side. He had studied this long enough to know precisely where they were. There had always been one place Gerwald had sworn he would find, one promise he had made to himself, and today he would see it fulfilled.

He ran now, pushing himself through into the clearing, the point where both rivers converged just at the edge of the horizon. A proud, yet dilapidated, palace shouted its storied past for all to see. A wide smile stretched on the features of the Lupo as he felt a happiness he had not known in a long time.

Gerwald came to a stand still as Aelin emerged from the forest.

“Home.”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Islimore

"A lesson you are intimately familiar with, I assume?" Aelin challenged, a subtle smirk drawing her lips and a glint of humor flashing in her fiery eyes. Those who knew her well enough would see the comment for what it was: a half-hearted means of deflection, a stubborn attempt to gather her wits after unexpectedly being knocked down a few pegs. “Thank you for such hard won words of wisdom. I will keep them in mind.” Her chest deflated with a long sigh.

Aelin had been around Gerwald long enough to know that the warrior often meant well, even when, more often than not, she found his manners to be coarse and provoking. Thus, Aelin deigned to hold her tongue rather than throw out any additional biting remarks. A further testament to her increasing discipline.

As they continued on their trek, Aelin listened, making sure to keep pace with his much longer strides. She’d suspected early on that this little trek held some sort of special significance to Gerwald, which he all but confirmed by the followup answer to her question, but why he’d chosen to share it with her remained a mystery.

When he kicked off at a run, a throaty, wild growl erupted from deep within her core. As a Lupo, walking through the woods made her skin itch and frayed her nerves, desperate to explore every new crevice of these parts with the unfortunate knowledge that the risk was too great. The Fayth lurked out there, somewhere, but that didn’t stop the cloying feeling of wanting to split her skin and give chase.

The she-wolf swallowed the feeling, ignored it, and bolted after her male counterpart at a sprint. In the end, the thrill of speeding through the woods seemed to satiate that wild, indwelling spirit.

Her heart raced with excitement as she approached the same clearing, slowing to a stand-still as the dwelling rose like a castle out of a fairytale, its stones and ruined scaffolding rivaled only in size by the Abolase Mountains.

“I thought Bloodraven Hall was lost,” she murmured quietly.

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

“More than I would ever wish on anyone,” came the answer to a question he knew all too well was meant to be a soft jab, even an attempt to tease.

With the same amount of ease that his telepathy had entered her unguarded mind before, the wolf allowed a brief flash of the torture he endured at the hands of Darth Prazutis to enter her mind. Gerwald also allowed her to see the warnings which had come before he fell victim to the manipulative tactics of the Dark Lord. The sigh which followed matched Aelin’s but his emotion was one of sadness, regret even.

“My words and lessons often come from a place that I have been which I wish to help others avoid. This is one I would hope you take close to heart.”

Gerwald fell silent for a moment as the run carried them through the woods. Oh how he wished to let his wolf free, but he knew the stories. He had seen first hand what fur traders would do to appease the Fayth, but this was Islimore. Fur traders were the least of their worries. If Gerwald knew that Bloodraven Hall still stood, then Fayth did as well. Gathering Lupo were a threat to them, and if they ever found the secrets held within the Lechner home it would only make that threat worse.

He smiled at Aelin’s response. There was a bit of joy that she seemed shocked to the point of near silence. For a moment the pair stood and took the sight in. This was the first time Lupo eyes had taken in the castle in a very long time. Gerwald fought the smug look that threatened to creep across his face at the knowledge he had known of this place for some time. Aelin would certainly have more questions, but for now they could enjoy the moment.

Soon, Gerwald found himself walking toward it.

“Why you, and not my brother? There are things Varick does not understand about our family yet, things I am not ready to tell him. I learned of them while searching the limited histories I recovered on Figaro Favoura at the Van-Derveld palace. I think that knowledge would break him.”

Gerwald took a few more steps then turned back to look over his shoulder.

“And for some reason I cannot explain, I wanted you to be the one I shared this with, not even Freya knows.”

A hearty laugh came from the wolf before he ran toward the palace.

“Race you there!”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bloodraven Hall Ruins, Islimore

Aelin froze in place when he answered her unspoken question, clicking her tongue. The images he'd sent her earlier had succeeded in pulling a modicum of sympathy from her, but this? The invasion of her privacy was not one she could abide. He might as well have stripped her naked, making her wonder what else he might have gleaned from her mind. "My head is not a place that you can dig through whenever you please. Stay out of it." There was nothing worse than the idea of her fellow Lupo discovering the full depths of her broken childhood, that they might look on her and say, 'she's done well, considering'. Aelin refused to let her past explain her present and had done her best to bury it deep. She briefly considered asking him how it worked, how he could send her images and see into her mind so she might prevent future intrusions, but feared the possibility that it'd give him a reason to take another stroll through her mental gates.

She moved onto another subject, instead.

"I think you should let Varick decide for himself what he can and cannot handle." Gerwald hadn't asked for her opinion, but as he turned to look at her, a part of wondered if the other wolf was telling her this as a way to sort through his own thoughts and actions - to see if his reasons were justifiable. The other reason, the more likely case, caused a hot flush to warm her face and chest. Aelin was inexperienced, but not ignorant, having simply chosen not to dwell on where those paths lead. Leaving Bellassa had made it clear where her affections and admirations dwelt...but there'd never been any verbalization of it. Complicating what was already complicated, seemed... complicated. Until she knew the answer, the she-wolf would keep her emotions closed off to acknowledging anything else, pretending she did not see what many others did. "He deserves to be given that opportunity."

The change in atmosphere and Gerwalds hearty laugh that followed was appreciated, almost breathing a sigh of relief as the tension of the moment slipped away, growing increasingly amused by his playful antics as he took off.

Giving an undignified snort, she bolted after him - weaving in the opposite direction to try and get ahead of him, laughing as they darted around one another, each of them fighting to be the first one to make it over the threshold.

Aelindivider_1.png

D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

Gerwald was a patient teacher. Often his methods seemed cruel to those around him, invasive to others, and demanding of those he taught. Aelin was not his to teach, not in a traditional sense, but Freya had made it clear they were to share knowledge with one another. The wolf did so the only way he knew how. Experience had formed him, and he would never tolerate weakness, especially in those he knew were not meant to simply follow.

Aelin was not a follower.

“I will stay out when you learn to keep me out. Until then I will come and go as I please. However, I swear upon my pack that I will not invade what you wish to keep private. Some may think me to be a beast, but at least this beast will not ravage you.”

It was the only understanding Gerwald would allow them to come to. Aelin could complain and yell at him all she wanted, or she could learn. Gerwald would teach if she asked, or if she wished Varick to instruct her in those ways that would suffice. His goal was not to secure a student, or steal from his brother. The wolf was simply himself.

He would have howled during the run had he not feared the Fayth were near. Their presence at Bloodraven Hall would be enough to attract attention, but at least in their humanity they could pass as tourists looking at ruins, studying the history in a world full of it. Gerwald had run with his kind before, even other females of his kind. Something about this run was different. He had spoken the truth when he told the she-wolf he could not place why he wanted to share the moment with her, nor did her blush go unnoticed at the revelation.

Gerwald could not say he meant to flatter the female, no more than he could say he understood his own feelings in regard to her. She was a mystery more than anything else to him at the moment, and his own past hurts did not allow him to think any further than that. Perhaps it was the dance the two seemed to be locked in. One which seemed to be born of mutual respect, even if Gerwald acted like an ass.

The beast of a man stopped at the doorway. A stone arch stood proud, holding a majestic wooden door that seemed almost untouched by time. Something about the moment seemed solemn, and while it was his right as a Lechner to be the first to step foot inside, he turned to the woman at his side. A small grin pulled at his lips. She would have never kept up with his stride. The run had simply been for fun.

His eyes caught hers for a moment longer than they should have. A silence between them was growing to the point of being awkward before Gerwald finally spoke.

“Milady. Would like to be the first Lupo in centuries to step into Bloodraven Hall?”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bloodraven Hall, Islimore

Arrogant prick.

She thought with a rueful smirk, quietly hoping that if Gerwald picked up on anything else, it would be that last thought.

Coming up from behind, her chest heaved with the ends of musical laughter, working to catch her breath as they came to stand at the precipice of Bloodraven Hall. The way his oceanic eyes settled on her and seemed to briefly glaze over had caught Aelin off-guard, enough so that she was the first to break eye contact, lowering her kohl-thick lashes to look down at her wrinkled clothing and smooth it over in a feigned attempt of distraction.

As the sound of his voice reached her ears, Aelin’s chin lifted again, a soft breath fluttering past her lips as he opened the large door to her, suddenly growing somber as she looked to Gerwald.

“You’re sure it is alright?” she asked, giving him a sincere, but quizzical look. It didn’t seem right to go in before the elder Lechner had a chance to see the majesty of his ancestral home for himself, and the last thing Aelin wanted was to offend either of the two brothers whom she’d come to care for with the utmost regard.

When Gerwald urged her forward, Aelin moved to step over the threshold.

The great entrance of Bloodraven was hazy from what could have been hundreds of years worth of dust kicking up, its grey stone walls draped with torn and faded banners - vaguely able to make out the Lechner symbol etched into its fabric. Aelin could almost imagine what it would have been like in its heyday, filled with Lechners - with laughter and conversations, perhaps the pitter-patter of young pups running across its slate flooring.

“It’s beautiful,” she said simply, “and seems so peaceful, considering.”

Aelindivider_1.png

D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

Was he sure? Gerwald nodded as he urged Aelin to enter. First, Varick would not mind, and if he did, then he would get over it. The invitation was not meant as a slight to Varick. In fact, the reason it was appropriate to share this moment with Aelin was because she knew much more of the history of Bloodraven Hall than Varick did. Varick did not even know of its existence, and would not appreciate this moment as well as Aelin. The reverence she treated it with was precisely why he wanted her there, aside from whatever it was he felt growing within.

Dust wafted into his nostrils which the wolf quickly expelled with a sneeze. It was as boisterous as Gerwald was large, a fact which caused him to chuckle slightly.

“Even wolves have a problem with dust it seems,” he remarked.

His eyes noticed old torches lining the walls. Hoping Aelin would understand what the force could do, the Lupo snapped his fingers to light them at will. Yes, he showed off the skill with a small amount of flair, but the young she-wolf needed to know the power which was at her fingertips. Varick would teach and explain more than Gerwald. His part for now was simply to show her the way.

Calloused hands ran along the fabric as Gerwald traced the sigil which was barely visible. Time had seen the mark fade, but he knew it was the crest of his house, his clan. Ocean eyes settled on the throne which seemed to have withstood the test of time, much like the rest of the castle. Determined steps carried him to it, where for just one moment he sat.

“A Lechner has not sat in this chair in centuries, not since before the purge. We left before. That is all I really know, or have been able to find. No one seems to know why, our clan simply disappeared to travel the stars or something like that.”

For all he knew it was to adapt. The warrior clan had always been forward thinking, looking to preserve the species rather than their ways. There would be those among the gathering Alphas which would not understand. Part of the Lupo even questioned how much his brother would understand as the truth became known.

His eyes settled on Aelin once more. She knew. She understood. Aside from Freya, Aelin was the first Lupo he had met that truly understood who their enemy was and what they were up against. Unlike Freya she was not an emissary. Aelin was a warrior, just like Gerwald. They could be allies.

They could be more.

There was something else though. Aelin was holding onto a secret, and Gerwald wondered if it was as dangerous as the one he carried. Somewhere buried beneath the Hall was a vault. Gerwald would search for it with Varick, but for now its secrets would have to wait. Something in the Hall, something at Bloodraven was calling to Gerwald. There was a reason he was here now, and not just because he wanted to show it to Aeling.

The wolf stood and began to move toward the main bed chambers.

“Follow me.”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo

Aelin turned when Gerwald sneezed, startled by the loud sound before she chuckled softly. "What, not used to a little dust? My poor, pampered wolf... whatever shall I do with you?" the young maiden remarked, as dryly as possible. Light and shadow from the lit torches flickered across her skin and illuminated her in orange and red hues - making her blazing eyes truly appear to have caught fire.

The she-wolf followed Gerwald to the throne that was clearly reserved for the head of clan Lechner. The hulking man looked quite well taking up residence there, and even more enormous, if it were possible, his form filling out the mountainous carved chair - a throne that would have swallowed her whole.

"That's all anyone knows," she stated, walking slowly towards him and reaching out to allow her fingertip to trace along the fine carvings... resting finally on the image of a crowned wolf. Just like her true clan, the Lechner's had been forgotten. Suddenly, Aelin felt herself falter and her ribs constrict. The weight of the Gods Gems were a constant reminder of their mutually bloody history. The young wolf had seen how quickly good men changed at the prospect of power - their lust of it, their weakness revealed by the thrill of absolute control over another person. A thousand thoughts raced through the cerebral machine of her mind until they at last converged.

Would this wolf, this powerfully sculpted giant, would his favor turn deadly against her? He claimed to not care for the Gods, for their customs or histories, but how much of that was true? Clearly, he cared some... otherwise, why go to all the trouble to find this place? The fear of what it could mean, rose beneath her breast.

Even after all those weeks since finding Miera, Aelin could still hear the shrill screams of her late uncle and taste the fury of his anger when she'd taken back what he'd stolen from her and her sisters. Stripped of his pride, his honor, and his perceived power, had turned him into a pitiful thing in the end. There was no mercy to be found, enjoying the image of how he writhed in his last moments. Less than a wolf... less than the shadow of a snake... nothing but a worm. But Gerwald? The idea of having to face any of those who had traveled alongside her, her precious companions, left her mouth feeling dry.

Unlike most human traditions, all wolves had the right to challenge for the Lupine title of Anasi once a challenge was made. They were not born to it, but chosen, whether that be by the shedding of blood to prove ones merit... or simply through acceptance. Aelin wondered where he might fall... and decidedly chose not to dwell on it... snapping back to the moment when Gerwald asked her to follow him, nodding respectfully at his request. Clearing her throat softly, she moved aside. "Lead the way."

The room in which he took them, had her reconsidering her earlier hesitations.

"What... is this?" Aelin asked with an incredulous tone, her hands making large, sweeping gestures at the sheet-covered bed. Don't, Don't, DON'T! Aelin commanded of her cheeks, but despite her ardent injunction they filled with yet another rose-colored blush, making her bristle. "What kind of woman do you take me for!?" Fortunately for Gerwald... there was nothing in her immediate vicinity to hurl at him.

Aelindivider_1.png

D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

”Pampered, please,” he retorted with a chuckle. “I will have you know that despite my well groomed and pretty appearance, you have not yet met a wolf as wild as the beast that lives inside of me.”

His jest had taken on a more serious tone than he intended. For some reason it was important for him to know that she knew he was more than a domesticated canine. But she did. Aelin had there when he slaughtered every last one of the fur traders and pelt hunters for what they had done to that Lupo. Gerwald had never learned his name, but his reaction showed everyone who knew of it how serious he was about protecting his people.

As Aelin neared the throne something shifted. Had he not known better Gerwald would have said it seemed the two of them were studying the other, weighing and measuring as one would do with a rival. Certainly they were not rivals. Their interests were not aligned save for one, they would do anything to ensure the Fayth could no longer torment their people. It was the only promise Gerwald could make. The days where he made promises to individuals were over, at least for now.

It seemed that the Lechners did disappear for all intents and purposes. If what Gerwald knew was all anyone knew then the Lupo could only assume they wanted to be forgotten for a reason. Unfortunately Gerwald did not know what that reason was. The only other Lechner Gerwald could ask knew less than him, and Varick would certainly only ask more questions that likely had no answers as well.

Gerwald would simply have to be content with not knowing. He was here to write his one story and to redefine what it was to be Lechner among the Lupo. There were only two of them after all, how hard could that task be?

He had not been paying attention to where the force pulled him. Gerwald simply acted. Aelin was in tow, and her reaction pulled him away from his trance like wandering, almost.

"What kind of woman do you take me for!?"

It was almost as if the question fell on deaf ears. The wolf climbed onto the bed, standing on it as he faced the head board. The wall behind it contained a large carving of the Lechner sigil, but something about it was off. Where the eye would be, the stone pushed out a bit more than it should have. Gerwald studied it close, staring at it until his fingers found their way to it. He pressed the rock in, and to his surprise it moved.

Just behind where Aelin was standing a portion of the wall popped out like a drawer. The beast walked past Aelin, still ignoring the question she had asked. Blue eyes looked into the compartment where something lay inside. Gerwald reached in and pulled out the object which had been wrapped in some kind of linen cloth to protect it from dust. It did not take long for the wolf to unwrap it.

It was a tome.

The book was bound in leather which had been pressed and stamped with the same ornate patterns which littered the great hall. Centered on the cover was a gold sigil, once again bearing the sign of his clan. Gerwald opened the tome to the first page. His eyes grew wide before turning to face Aelin.

“It’s Geralt’s journal,” he exclaimed before noticing the blush on Aelin’s cheeks.

He stopped and straightened to his full height as he took in their surroundings. Then the wolf realized he told her to follow him. It was his turn to blush as the question she had asked finally connected with his brain.

“Oh Force… no no no no… not that kind of woman. I had no idea… there was just this sense and tug that led me here and…”

Gerwald stopped… anyone could make the argument that he was likely digging a deeper hole by using language that could imply it was nothing more than an urge.

He held the tome out for Aelin.

“This was calling to me. I did not mean to insinuate anything or somehow make a claim on your virtue. I would never… not like this… no.”

He offered the book again.

“Do you want to see it?”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo

Gerwald seemed to all but ignore her, sauntering over to the bed and actually crawling up on it. Was he expecting her to get up there with him? Red exploded across her vision, unable to think. All she knew was one minute she was staring after him, the next she had her shoe in hand, ready to chuck it at his thick skull with all of her strength.

This breach of trust, of friendship… the insult. Did he truly regard her so little?

He barely turned around in time to catch her, arm readying to launch the leather ankle boot, soft brows turned harshly downward, jaw firmly set and her full lips pulled into a tight grimace.

The way he stammered as he tried to explain himself somehow made her feel more ridiculous, the ferocity in her gaze dwindled, the adrenaline slowly bleeding from her body and leaving only behind the sheer embarrassment of it all. Certainly she would catch fire any minute with how red she was becoming.

For once, Aelin was grateful that neither Astor, nor the rest of the Drage pack, had made it to Islimore yet. Oh, how he’d tease her mercilessly if he could see her now. ‘Aelin, the blushing maiden!’ The young wolf’s likely rhyme would echo, followed by some musically crass innuendo that’d earn him the scornful gaze of his eldest brother. All at once she found herself growing calm and quiet, a foreign ache carving its way through her chest. The blush finally dissipated, the weaponized shoe lowering.

“I’m sorry, I thought…”

Aelin tried to explain as her posture softened considerably, mercifully averting her eyes to glance down at the book he held out to her, but quietly dwelling on those last few words.

‘Not like this.’

Goosebumps prickled from the column of her neck to her shoulders, reaching out to grab the book.

“Geralt Lechner… he was the first to take the title Anasi, that was not part of Svard…” her fingers brushed the intricate leather binding with the utmost care and consideration. “This is…that there is a record that survived the purge from the end of the Golden Age, it's...” she breathed out slowly. “incredible.”

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

Had Aelin chosen to toss her boot at the giant Lupo, he would have likely deserved it. It had dawned on him that without context it did seem like he had invited her to the historical home to mate. That had not been his intention at all. It was quite the opposite. Gerwald simply wanted to share the place with a friend, someone who by action sought to unite the Lupo under her banner. Gerwald did not understand why she seemed to want to, but he wanted her to understand her history.

She had been blushing. Gerwald noticed the color when he finally found himself back in reality. He said nothing of it. There would be nothing that would come of pointing out her embarrassment, and nothing of prying into what it could mean. Gerwald was too used to the blushes of innocent women in his presence. Aelin was different than most, but she was still innocent. That was a rare thing among Lupo.

“It is incredible,” he said placing his own hand on the cover. His fingers accidentally brushed Aelin’s and the wolf quickly pulled away letting her hold the journal.

A brief touch of the ring which never left the chain on his neck would be noticeable if Aelin were looking. It was a reminder that every day Gerwald spent pursuing his own history, past, and future, it was another day he was breaking is promise. He had made so many promises, and the wolf found he could not keep them all. It would catch up to him, and he knew the day would come when he would be forced to choose. Gerwald loathed it.

“We were a great clan, a proud clan, and then one day just gone. Lechner after Lechner led our people against the Fayth. Brynjar may have been off base in what he said, but there is part of me that wonders why we simply stopped. Did my family betray our people?”

His eyes fell to the journal.

“But that is a good thing. Something that survived the purge, and proves we were here. I plan to study it, to learn what I can.”

The wolf moved another step closer and reached for the journal again. This time he took it back and pulled it close to his chest.

“I have to know.”

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo

The she-wolf was grateful that he didn’t call her out on her rose-colored cheeks, nor about the shoe she’d had aimed for his head moments before. Gerwald was older than she was, and Galaxies more experienced, yet he did not tease her about it - something she didn’t expect from him, given their previous encounters and her experiences with him.

Aelin felt the atmosphere shifting away from the awkward and tense moment, moving back to the journal that was carefully held in her hands.

“A worthwhile treasure, to be certain.” Aelin answered, her voice full of awe, wanting desperately to find a place to curl up and spend the rest of the afternoon chasing the pursuits of ancient knowledge, to learn the wisdom that was neatly contained beneath leather covers.

It truly was magnificent, she thought, moving reluctantly to release the journal back into Gerwalds ownership, just as his calloused fingers scraped briefly across her skin. Something deep stirred in her belly that she was prepared to ignore, until Gerwald drew back suddenly.

Not willing to address it herself, Aelin said nothing that might draw attention to the matter, despite the action piquing her curiosity and drawing it to the ring that dangled from his neck - having noticed during their earlier adventures how he clutched it from time to time, almost habitually.

“We were a great clan, a proud clan, and then one day just gone. Lechner after Lechner led our people against the Fayth. Brynjar may have been off base in what he said, but there is part of me that wonders why we simply stopped. Did my family betray our people?”

His eyes fell to the journal.

“But that is a good thing. Something that survived the purge, and proves we were here. I plan to study it, to learn what I can. I have to know”

Her male counterpart took another step closer, breaching the already short distance between them. This time Aelin didn’t move or flinch away, assured from the way he’d handled the misconception from earlier that his intentions towards her were nothing except pure.

“You never know, perhaps your clan left to look for a way that might help free us from this cycle of bloodshed that we’ve been locked in. You should talk to Freya, she has connections to the Kuhn database and their historical records. They may have something that will help you with your -”

It had taken until now for Aelin to notice that something seemed amiss, all of her senses being so heavily focused on Gerwald that she hadn’t been paying attention. Her eyes went hard, a heat boiling beneath the surface. “You smell that?” the words came out in a half growl.

“They’re here.”

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
D I S C O V E R
Ger.png

”Gerwald shook his head at Aelin’s words. He knew better, at least he knew enough better.

“They did not leave to end the bloodshed. I have found other documents that my sister could not accept as truth. I know what they were doing among the stars, but I still do not know what led them to do it.”

He was not sure he was ready to share that truth with Aelin just yet. He trusted her, to a point. Gerwald knew her intention was to lead them, to become Anasi. What he did not know was why, or even what made her think she had a claim to it. More importantly, the wolf questioned whether she could actually unite the other wolves. Gerwald did not think anyone could at the moment, well, besides Freya, and if Brynjar was banished. Nothing Aelin would ever say would convince Gerwald he was not a danger to their cause.

Brynjar would be their ruin.

Her words stopped…

Before she could ask her question Gerwald began to smell the air. His nose moved about as he explored the new scent on the wind and where it was coming from.

It was not Lupo.

“They’re here…”

A low growl could be heard coming from Gerwald’s throat. They would dare to trespass on his property. He could only guess why they had come, but he was confident he knew. If it was because of the vault then Gerwald knew they had to keep the journal safe. If anything would tell them where to find it, and how to get in, it would be the treasure they had just found.

“Whatever happens, they cannot find the tome.”

It was not a suggestion.

The wolf rushed past Aelin back toward the main hall. They were getting closer, and Gerwald wanted to know how many they would be facing. As he opened the door a stray dart hit the wooden door barely missing Gerwald’s neck. He could smell the poison on it.

“Chit.”

It was the only word he uttered before barrelling ahead to meet them head on. Dodging and weaving, the Lord Commander quickly came upon the first of them. A hard knee collided with the young warrior’s face as the force enhanced speed of the strike killed him instantly. If Aelin wanted any of their blood she would need to hurry behind him as Gerwald was thirsty and eager to spill it.

There was a Lechner in Bloodraven Hall!​

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Bloodraven Hall

Aelin was always taken aback whenever she saw another Lupo fight.

Normally, fighters were small but quick, large but slow, strong but stupid.

Like she'd witnessed and admired with Børre Drage Børre Drage , Gerwald moved with that same graceful fluidity; an incoming storm that moved swift as the wind, propelled by the Force which enhanced what were already God-blessed biological elements comprising his DNA. A perfect predator, a skilled killer. He was as powerful as he was quick, dexterous as he was brutal - those who trespassed never stood a chance as her male counterpart plowed through their ranks like a hellbent juggernaut out for blood.

Aelin held Gerwalds gaze as the first soldiers fell, a dangerous smile pulling at the corner of her mouth. The time for hell was now, and it was only a matter of time before Lechner Hall was swarming with Fayth soldiers.

The she-wolf harbored little affection for the Fayth and all those who'd played a part in the dismantling of their species and culture. The blood of Thorir, as devoted and fierce as her bloodname would suggest, would fight against whomever aligned against her people and meant to cause them harm.

Descending from behind Gerwald and into the hallway with all of the swift and lethal grace of a Nexu, Aelin flipped her blade into hand and rounded the corner, cleaving heads from shoulders with minimal effort, yielding to the thrumming power inside her bones, blood and breath that was ancient and deep, bending it to her will.

Bloodraven Hall would have a christening befitting its name.

"Are there any alternate passageways that will get us out of here? We can't kill all of them." Aelin huffed a breath, wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead in the moments between the carnage.

Aelindivider_1.png

D E S T R O Y
Ger.png

WEAPON: xxx

Aelin did not tarry long in her effort to join the fight. The smirk which was offered to the wolf after his knee collided with the warrior which had been his first victim. Ferrum Solus would come to life and tear its way through the flesh of those who dare to oppose him. Gerwald would give them no quarter or mercy. They had invaded his home, a place which had been dormant for centuries. Why? It did not matter as the predator cut through them all.

The she-wolf pushed past him as her blade severed the heads of those Gerwald had yet to reach. He could feel the familiar warmth of blood as it splattered onto his cheek. The smell of iron drove the wolf deep within to press for more, but the hall was clear for now.

Was there another way out? The question pulled him back to the reality they would not have long before another wave of Fayth soldiers filled the house. Gerwald did not know the answer to the question. This was his first time on the ground of Bloodraven Hall. He almost shook his head. There was another way, but it was not guaranteed to see them out safe.

“This way,” he said, indicating the opposite way which they were headed.

Gerwald moved to the end of the hall and looked for another stone which held the crest of the Lechner family. A smirk tugged at his lips as he pushed it in. The entire back wall of the hall opened for them, revealing a spiral stone staircase. It would remain open long enough for them to escape through it before closing behind them.

Once the pair descended the staircase, Gerwald stopped long enough to light a torch with the aid of the force.

“They are looking for the vault, and I am sure they will find it eventually. We will need to mount an offensive and retake the hall before they can discover the secrets which are far below the cliffs this place sits on.”

Gerwald and Aelin found themselves in a large open cave. A marked path of sorts led one way toward an exit that would spit them out about a kilometer away from Bloodraven and clear of the Fayth. Still, Gerwald felt the need to be cautious.

“We should wait here and escape under the cover of nightfall.”

He sat on the stone floor and leaned against the rock wall closest to him.

“You should fight like that more often. Use the rage you feel toward the Fayth to fuel you. You were more than effective up there. You were precise. It was admirable.”

It was as close to a compliment as Gerwald would ever give a soldier. His belief was that one should excel in their skill and be precise with their killing. Aelin demonstrated the control required to show a mastery of both was within her reach. It would be too soon to admit that her skill was an attractive quality. Aelin proved that she was everything a woman should be, beautiful and deadly.

“It was an honor to shed blood with you. Thank you for your part in defending my home. I hope that when the time comes to take it back I can count on you to be there as well.”

Last edited:

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Caverns

"This way," he said, leading them behind what appeared to be a trick wall. "They are looking for the vault, and I am sure they will find it eventually. We will need to mount an offensive and retake the hall before they can discover the secrets which are far below the cliffs this place sits on."

The words nagged at Aelin's consciousness as she exited down the spiral staircase alongside him and came to stand in the cavernous cave below. What had Gerwald meant by them? What could possibly be in the Lechner vault that would be of such high-importance to the Fayth? Was there more that he knew, that he was not being forthcoming about? Aelin furrowed her brows. She did not like the thought of that, but the fact of the matter was that there were so many things that she still didn't know about the golden-maned Lupo, aside from his name, where he'd come from - and whom his brother was. Galivanting across the Galaxy and rescuing her sister from a cutthroat Lupo clan, had not exactly lent itself to deeper conversations. And whatever she'd hoped to learn from him today had been cut short by the intrusion of those soldiers.

Of course, Aelin had learned a few important things about him on their journey - namely that he was strong, brave, and not one to normally hide his thoughts - he was vocal, more often than not. But, what else lied beneath the surface? A curiosity unlike anything she had ever felt was rising beneath her breast, yet there was a large part of her that feared the answers that might come from it and deigned not to push the matter any further.

With a heavy sigh, Aelin sat opposite of Gerwald, using the corner of her sleeve to finally wipe away the blood splattered across her face. The two fell into silence, each lost in their own thoughts until Gerwald spoke again.

"You should fight like that more often, Aelin. Use the rage you feel toward the Fayth to fuel you. You were more than effective up there. You were precise. It was admirable."

Aelin gave no reply initially, but continued wiping off the semi-dried blood, her chest rising and falling heavily from the adrenaline still pumping hot in her veins. She had never been so focused or determined in battle, killing the Fayth soldiers with about as much moral compunction as one swats a fly. A single minded purpose to protect Gerwald, to protect the Pack, without a shred of compassion or mercy. And yet... she didn't regret it either. It made her feel strong and fierce, but scared as well - of what else she might be capable of. "Your brother is a concise instructor," she replied, keeping her voice at a level that only he could hear. "Whatever skill you witnessed, I have him to thank. I have learned much from him."

"It was an honor to shed blood with you. Thank you for your part in defending my home. I hope that when the time comes to take it back I can count on you to be there as well?"

Aelin nodded, "After all that you did in helping me find Miera, how could I possibly say no? Bloodraven is your home. Of course Gerwald, you have my word."

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom