Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Horn of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
yi-wei-003.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a weapon for one lucky individual
  • Image Source: S.H.A.R.K. Sword
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Claymore
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Wielder could gain ferocity when being wielded.
  • Increases potential with Telekinetic Force Usage
  • Absorbs Direct Telekinetic based attacks instead of Lightning.
  • Sith Sword
Strengths:
  • It's All in the Name: As a Sith sword, the weapon is near impervious to laser based weaponry and is very difficult to destroy by conventional means. More over, the sword has been sharpened by Svolten Rhyolite. The weapon will retain its edge for a very long time. Secondary to this, A sith sword can be felt through the force and has a "presence." Unlike its kindred weaponry, instead of being able to absorb lightning, it instead absorbs direct telekinetic based force powers. However, it does not charge the sword with increased impacts, nor does it give the user any energy.
  • Ferocity of the Beast: Created using to different force sensitive creatures, the weapon gained an unexpected side effect upon the wielder of the weapon. Presenting a more fierce demeanor to the person. More ferocity within battle can aid the user in fighting past whatever trial or roadblock they may face.
  • Most Used: Created with the bones of the Jakobeast, and fused into a blade, the weapon nullifies telekinetic based attacks that are directed at the user or the sword. As Telekinesis is one of the most used forms of the force, It offers quite a bit of an advantage against those who can only use this one power, or those who have mastered it, and must find some other way to injure the wielder.
Weaknesses:
  • The Calm: When within the vicinity of a Void stone, or the notorious lizards, Any kind of force nullification will remove the special effects of the sword.
  • That's Too Bright: Light side of the force can damage, nullify, or even destroy the sword completely through the use of Force Light, or Wall of Light abilities.
  • Lightning Capacitor: Due to the change of the "charge" in which the sword can use, It still retains the ability as a Lightning rod, but will not protect the user from the damage. Secondary to this, It only nullifies telekinetic based attacks it when it is directed at the wielder, or the sword itself. With the nullifying of Telekinesis, this sword cannot be acted upon by Telekinesis, and preventing throwing of the sword through the force, or otherwise calling it to you with Telekinesis.
  • Claymore: As with any other kind of long and heavy weapon, using it for extended amounts of time can be quite tiring, and the length of the blade itself can make enclosed spaces harder to fight in. Even as something as simple as a small hallway can make or break the usage of the sword.
DESCRIPTION
Feral, and dangerous are the two creatures of the Jakobeast, and the Tuk'ata. Both are well known for their connection to the force, and thus are even more dangerous than your average wild animal. Hoping to be able to capture this ferocity within a weapon to be used, Shaun used a piece of each creature and invested it with the sword itself to create a Sith Sword that captured the essence of these two.

Bones of the Jakobeast broken and reshaped into the guard as well as the grip of the weapon. Some of it is molded with the Zal Alloy itself as though the sword is made of one singular piece. Then wrapped over the grip with a processed hide of a Tuk'ata. The large claymore styled sword was then invested in its entirety of a boiling liquor of Tuk'ata, and Jakobeast blood, invested with melted Zal Alloy to seal it all into the tool of war.

Finalizing the weapon with sharpening it on a specific whetstone, the blade will hold it's edge longer than an Empire could rein. Being sold to the highest bidder, this sword will find it's home within the grasp of a warrior who's ferocity and determination is unrivaled.

[member="Shaun Castanic"]

This is a very solid submission and I dig the telekinetic spin you've put on it! Just requesting a few minor touch ups before I stamp this for you:

Your Lightning Capacitor weakness, as it is currently written, explains the telekinetic capabilities of the weapon, but doesn't exactly display a drawback. It actually works better as a strength. So firstly, I'm requesting that you tweak the verbiage and add it to the strengths list.

Second, if the sword has an actual vulnerability to Force-based lightning or electricity, feel free to make it its own separate weakness.

Lastly, just so you've got an even scale of strengths and weaknesses, I'd suggest adding the weapon's weight as a drawback. (This is a suggestion, I'm not going to hang up your submission on it.)

Let me know once you've made your tweaks and I'll move this one up for you!

[member="Darth Metus"],

Thank you for the kind words.

The one weakness with the change in capacitor usage, was that while a Lightning Charged capacitor can redirect the energy, this telekinetic blade cannot do the same. That was my reasoning with it being a Weakness. All of the attacks are nullified. You cannot reuse that energy. I went ahead and edited it to be more of a weakness, and added that it still has a slight Lightning Rod effect, but cannot protect the user from said Lightning.

Added weight and length weakness as well.

Added strength of the changing Capacitor charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom