Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Holocron of Kezeroth

It had been only a short time since Mythoa had discovered the Holocron in Aten II and now brought it back to his personal quarters in Commenor along with several artifacts found where he discovered it. He had amassed a collection of Artifacts that now outgrew his Temple in Korriban and his shadowport near the SsiRuu Cluster. He hoped [member="Lady Kay"] would approve of having an active, live and very real Sith Holocron in the same building as her and further more a holocron that was entierly a Holocron of Rage. Mythos could sense the anger and hatred that was imbued into the peculiar looking holocron, he knew Holocrons and the shape they normaly were constructed yet this peice of sith power was odd and shaped strangley... as if made by a being that should not have been capable of making it...

Mythos was dressed in a simple casual attire, paperwork and research took up most of his time these days and as such he did not dress like a marauder and a warrior. The Holocron was in his desk which stood about ten feet from his bed and his durasteel black chair that he sat on stood between him and the bed and holocron at the same distance...

He expected a trap, power violent and hostile towoards him when he attempted to open it so he used caution when attempting this feat. He extended one hand and called upon the power of the dark side of the force as it engulfed the room in darkness and malice. The Holocron began to glow red in reaction and Mythos narrowed his eyes as he pushed the waves of darkness inside the holocron for it to crack open with a *clunk* and bathe the room in a shining red aura.

He smiled, chuckling under his breath as he succeeded in what he thought would be the only task he would have i order to unlock it's secrets as well as devour the powers that lay dormant within it. A Hologram appeared before Mythos, a flash from his past he had no fear in laying his eyes on. It was Kezeroth himself or at least his image keeping the Holocron safe behind it... He wondered if this Holocron was made before or after Kezeroth met him, before or after he killed him in Fresia.

"I am the keeper of this Holocron... Puny Sith!" The keeper roared, apparently noticing the kind of power used to open its contents. "What makes you think you are worthy of possessing my power?"

Mythos thought long about what he would respond, the image towering before him. It was massive, its maddening eyes bore down upon Mythos and physically to the Gen Dai he was exactly that... a Puny Sith.

Without fear he Responded. "I am Mythos, I am the one who Killed you"

There was a quiet rumbling in the force when Mythos said those words, it was as if something in the air sought to hurt Mythos yet impotent to carry out the deed. The image before him narrowed its digital eyes and suddenly they began to shine. Mythos felt a chill go down his spine, he would need to get past this guardian to gain its secrets, be had chosen to do so by revealing it was he who ended the life of the GenDai and it was he who now possesed the holocron of the beast. "Puny King... you could not kill me... i knew it would be you to hunt my wisdom down... why should i aid you" The holocron spoke in rage but his tone was down to a rumbling roar, it was meant as a threat but yet it left the door open for the possibility of a correct answer.

Mythos stood defiant from his chair and took two steps forward, something that he would be unwise to do to tbe real Kezeroth should it be him that stood before him and not his gatekeeper. His words carried no fear and rang defiantly.

"Because no one else is worthy, no one else could have defeated you and with your help even more powerful shall I, the imortal slayer become."

His words rang in an echo inside the room, chin tilted up when the attack came. It was as if his body was being crushed by an ethereal being, Mythos instantly felt a presence coming from the holocron and sensed this to be nothing less than a test. His telekinesis did not seem to work, his mouth could not open to usher in words of magic to defend himself. It was am attack Mythos had never experienced before and he had no counter for it...

The gatekeeper laughed at the downed Sith, extending his transparent hand to seemingly crush him into the floor. "Weak... you are weak and have no anger..."

Mythos did not pay attention the insult yet the last words rang in his head. No Anger? Anger was all he had... rage, fury and hatred all he knew for his destroyed world. The pressure on his body began to escalate, bones began to be dislocated and pain began to be acute. It was then Mythos understood... anger, rage and fury were the powerful tools of the beholder, he sought a being equal in his rage to take his mantle... someone who hated and knew fury just like he did.

Mythos began to scream, scream of pain and anguish as he began to remember all those lives whose blood was on his hands. His failure at Atrisia, the blood of innocents and soldiers as they died around him by the hundreds of thousands. 'I cannot fail them again... I need this power'

For the first time in his life Mythos unleashed a bit of the power that was Force Rage, amateurish and weak but the burst of strength caused him to get back on his feet while feeling his body being drained away.

The power relented and Mythos stood, red eyes blazing and staring down the powerful beholder. The Gendai looked back and shined his eyes back to the Fallen king only to nod in approval... "Let that be your first lesson then Puny Sith... you still have much to prove to me..."

The light of the Holocron faded and it locked shut with a loud clank. Mythos breathed in hard, sweat dripping from his forehead into the pristine floor carved into his room as a result of his first use of force rage. The ability had made him stronger yes, but after the use it felt as if his body and spirit had been burnt as a result... he needed water. He slammed into his chair, letting the weight of his body carry him down to ease his exaughstion. Still panting and catching his breath he reached into his pocket for a small controller device that called a service droid. He spoke a command into the device, one simple word carrying his demand: "Water", and sat back into his chair in exaughsted contemplation... perhaps this path of power was not meant for him.

Of alk the abilities and powers Mythos could call upon this was the most taxing he knew of. Force rage brought him down to a pile of sweat after using it for mere seconds. Mythos contemplated wjat the being had said about this just being a precursor to what was to come and that he still needed to prove his worth to the gatekeeper in order to unlock the full power of the holocron and learn it's secrets. He did not know what to expect but before he could ponder some mote the droid arrived with a cool vase of water and a glass of steel to pour it into.

With a nod Mythos accepted the water and gestured to the droid to leave the room. Once alone again Mythos gulped thebwater down as if on a desert for an eternity. Water dripping from his lips, his body tired... he gave way to sleep as he slumped into his bed.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay woke up from what was supposed to be a peaceful slumber, only it had been riddled with nightmares. She sat up with a start, her heart pounding and her body gone cold. Normally when she awoke like that, the chill and the feeling of Darkness would dissipate. But this time it didn't. Instead it got worse and made her feel sick to her stomach. Was it morning sickness? Or something else?

She slid out of bed and wrapped a heavy robe around herself, deciding to get some fresh air. Maybe that was all that was needed. Kay didn't feel like waking up Olivia, nor did she want to bother Veiere while he was on Deneba, so she went on alone, leaving her bedchambers and heading down the spiral staircase to her office. She went straight to her kettle and put on some hot water for tea before stepping out of her office.

The hallway was quiet. It was dark, but a few lights lit the way. Still Kay felt cold, the Darkness familiar, yet not at the same time. Whatever the cause was, either morning sickness or something else, she wanted it to go away.

Kay continued down the hallway, getting stopped every so often by guards that were on shift. A few were concerned, but let her be. There was always one keeping an eye on her asshe went through their wing.

Finally she seemed to have found the source, where the Darkness felt the strongest. Oddly enough it was at [member="Mythos"] ' chambers. Kay furrowed her brows as his screams were heard, the type that didn't indicate mortal danger, yet something else. She knew the type well, having made them herself during her months of captivity. She waited there, watching as a droid went in and moments later slipped out. Perhaps Mythos just had a bad dream as she did.

Before the door shut completely, she slipped inside the chambers, spotting him asleep on the bed. Her attention was then drawn to the holocron on his desk. That had to be the source of what she had felt. Perhaps it caused her nightmares too. Kay clenched her jaw and stayed away from it as she moved over to Mythos' bed. He needed to secure it elsewhere. She didn't want to be tormented every night.

She placed her hand on his arm and nudged him. "Mythos? Mythos wake up!"

He was at home in the darkness, his dreams always filled with blood and gore... good dreams would mean the blood and gore of his enemies and not flashbacks of Atrisia. Mythos was in a somber and deep sleep and comfortable in his very exotic and beautiful bedsheets. He would never admit he missed beds, but he did when out on missions or hunting Holocrons and archaeological digs. Mythos was not a heavy sleeper but after such a strain on his body using force rage for the very first time he was out cold and sleeping like a brick. Little did he know that his slumber would not last long but it was far from a rude awakening. He heard his name in his dreams, Fantana of house Chaf calling him from behind yellow curtains... red eyes that haunted him to this day. A rare smile was produced in his lips but then it got louder slightly and his eyes opened to find the image of his Queen Lady Kay standing over his bed with a concerned yet not angry expression. Slightly confused and having just woken up from a good dream he raised his eyebrow and titled his head as if to ask. 'What's wrong?'

Yet instead of that he smiled and made an assumption as to why she was here that would at least take that worrying look of her face, he hated seeing her anything other than at peace and content. "If you wanted to see me shirtless for the seventh time" He said, a chuckle escaping his lips while he uncovered himself from the sheets and sat on his bed. "You need only ask Kay" His smile was that of the old days but it lacked the immaturity.
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

[member="Mythos"] began to wake, however slowly. She wasn't quite sure if he was even aware of her waking him up until his eyes met hers and he spoke. She smirked a little at his remark. "Counting, are we?" Leave it to him to lighten the mood. She valued people that could do that. It kept the doom and gloom from consuming them.

She stepped back as he sat up, but only by a couple of steps, her head turning towards his desk where the holocron lay, before facing him again. "I woke up from one of my nightmares and felt such a Darkness that it made me sick. But that could be due to the pregnancy. But then I heard you screaming when I was walking the hall. Have you been....up to something?" He was a Sith Lord and she knew it. The extent of his powers now, she had no idea, but she knew it well enough when she had last seen him on Atrisia. And after he had explained some of what he had gone through since the big war, she knew that his powers had only grown since then.

What new skills he had acquired, she had still to learn of them.

He smiled and laughed softly as he stood up from the bed. It did not last long, as much as he would like to keep up the appearance that he was the old Animus Malgus the truth was he lived in pain. His smile slowly faded as she talked. The first thing she would notice about his upper body was on top of his now more impressive and larger phisique was a plethora of Sith Runes carved into the skin of his body and they looked like he carved then right now. They kept his force essence, his spirit and soul trapped in the body of his clone. They caused him incredible pain that reminded him of the reason he was here... he needed to kill them all.

She asked him if he was up to something and he knew she knew the answer. Slowly he stood from his bed, only a battle kilt worn made out of Tuk'ata leather. His eyes met the holocron and instantly he knew his mistake. "My Apologies..." he stated almost robotically, every day that passed only burned at his heart... only fueled his hate.

He strode to his desk and wrapped the Holocron in terentatek leather effectivley negating its influence. "I forgot to wrap it up... i was studying the holocron of an old foe and it proved to be quite powerful" He said, his words somber and with a hint of depression. He turned back to [member="Lady Kay"] and with every ounce of strength he had manaeged a smile.

"A long time ago i faced a Gen'Dai warrior in Fresia, I killed him along with another Sith Lord..." His words hanged in the air, regret not being in his character. "Many years later after i crawled out of chaos I used my new found power to find the Holocron and am now learning his way"

He shruged, again faking the fact that he was well and fine, that nothing pained him, that nothing was wrong... everything was. Breathing felt wrong like he wasnt suppoused to be here, now and talking among the living yet he was. "I am sorry I woke you... I will take it away at dawn"

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't make a habit of staring at others' bodies, most especially now that she was married again. Yet she did notice the scars that [member="Mythos"] had on it. They reminded her of her abduction and the cuts made by a poisoned blade on her own upper body. The physical wounds were healed, but the emotional ones were not. Hardly a day goes by where she isn't somehow reminded of it.

She observed him as he walked to his desk. As soon as the holocron was covered she felt relieved. It was as though a gateway had been shut. Mythos relayed his story and quite frankly, it wasn't a tale that she was surprised by. He was hiding a lot from her though and she could see that. Yet what he was hiding wasn't malicious. His loyalty to their friendship had survived so much. She didn't believe that he would ever turn on her, nor would she turn on him.

"Keep it covered, please. And when you wish to use it, perhaps you should take it to the catacombs. The influence might not be as strong there. Understand that such a thing could be desired by others and draw them to us. I hope you keep it secret, keep it safe."

the way she talked to him made him uncomfortable, he knew she knew he was hiding things... he wasn't lying but he wasn't telling her everything. Kay. Probably the only friend he had left in the land of the living... most were dead. She didn't deserve that and he was not about to hide anything more from her. He raised his hand and brought a wave of telekinesis from his coat, a lightsaber made it's way to his hands... his sons lightsaber, a purple blade that once belonged to the heir of Atrisia. He cradled it in his arms, the one thing he would not tell her was how he died... no one would know that. "When I offered my essence into the storm all i felt was a pull of darkness as a veil covered my eyes."

He said, his words carried by the gusts of wind that breached his windows. "The Alliance had proven too strong and I did what any king in my place would have done, I gave my life to save my people and to ensure the survival of Atrisia against the horde of the Alliance Dogs..." Spite stinging his words. "He died too" He said, the cradle of the precious phirk lightsaber weakening in his hands. He remembered crafting it with him, teaching him he ways of the force and hunting in Dagobah. He was innocent, they did not care. He knew now that they allied with Zambranos and Dark Jedi to kill him and the forces of Atrisia and he lived solely to have vengeance.

"I was sent to a realm in the netherworld called chaos, the dwelling place where all darksiders go when they die... It is literally a hell that i cannot describe." With his power in mentalism he conjured an Illusion into the mind of [member="Lady Kay"] giving her a glimpse of exactly what was Chaos. Around her she would see it, an endless chasm of fire and screaming souls so deafening and intense he purposely toned it way down in the sense of sound. Mountains created by ethereal spirit and chasms of unimaginable torment... "That is where i was" he said, pointing at the chasm of fire that screamed of death. Just like that the vision vanished, he did not wish to prolong it, he had made his point. The room came back into normality.

"I was brought back by the power of the souls that also fell alongside me, The Honorable Jar'kai, Mephirium, Praetorias... they propped me in their shoulders and pushed me out as my priests in Ankhypt gave me a clone body to transfer my essence to... but there was a catch" There was always a catch to these things. His eyes traced to his chest as he spoke. "My essence had grown so powerful and so intense, tainted with the hell of chaos that no clone could contain it without magic, so these runes on my body constantly ache of pain and agony as they fight to keep my very soul trapped inside of this meatsuit"

It was then his eyes met her briefly, the pain almost palpable. Now she understood why he seemed to constantly be in pain, it's because he literally was. He placed his sons lightsaber next to his holocron and leaned into the desk, his back to the desk and his body facing hers but his eyes staring into pure oblivion. "There is another reason why I was able to crawl out" He said, his voice now echoing through the force as if more than one person was talking and the other person wasn't Mythos... it was someone else, something else. "every moment i spent in chaos writhing in agony I could only think of one thing." He conjured one last Illusion... the Illusion of his Palace with the flag of the Galactic Alliance raised above it, his towns with their colors... his planet under their rule. This image stayed unlike the one of chaos.

"I could only think of my people ruled by the Galactic Alliance, their prayers and clamor for my name unanswered. Their shouts for my presence unheeded and their struggles without me... their pain endured without my aid" It echoed louder now, the second voice along his own more clear as his eyes flashed literally almost a shining yellow light. "I live only to destroy the Alliance, to avenge my slaughtered people and to free Atrisia from the rule of the Alliance..."

Only now the Flag of the alliance remained in the room, the background eliminated. He stared at it, the object of his hatred, the source of all his pain. It began to burn. "I will not die again, until their worlds burn as mine burned... You are my only friend left in this Galaxy, and even you, knowing I have every reason to seek justice will not help me. My world stood against more than half the galaxy, now I stand alone against it... The only difference is..." The flag vanished, the illusion gone and the second voice fading out as he finished speaking. "This time i'm going to win"
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay folded her arms across her chest while [member="Mythos"] began to relay his tale. It wasn't so much as a defiant gesture, or one of indifference. Instead it was a subconscious one to protect herself and give her a small measurement of comfort, knowing that some of what she was about to hear wasn't going to be pleasant.

And it wasn't.

The emotions pouring out of him were raw. The lightsaber that he had held were of someone she didn't know, but it was clear that it meant a lot to him. Her mind was opened as he entered into it, showing her the fate that he had found himself trapped. Kay found herself looking around, turning a full 360 as she gazed into Chaos. A heavy pit filled her stomach and she wondered if she too, would be destined to such a place. Or would she become one with the Force? She didn't expect the latter so much, due mostly in part because she resisted her connection to the Force so much, hid it from mostly everyone. But it was her sacrifice to keep her own people safe.

Mythos went on about the markings of his body, a clone of himself that was made. Now it seemed to have made sense, the pieces of the puzzle fitting in together. Parts of it was missing, yet she could get a better sense of the big picture than she had previously.

Her brows furrowed as he leaned against his desk and then seemingly changed. It was subtle, but she knew him well enough to pick up on it. Mythos was fueled by something--no, someone else. The next image was displayed, causing her to clench her jaw while maintaining her position. Vengeance and hate fueled him. She listened to his words, hurtful as they were. His hatted blinded him in a manner that he could not see. As he focused on one thing, the bigger pieces of the picture that could both help or destroy him remained invisible to him.

Once he was finished she stepped towards him, placing her hands on his shoulders so that she was looking at him squarely. He needed to see and hear the voice of reason. "Mythos...I am your friend and I will always stand by you. But please listen. You are not alone. Atrisia has suffered as has it's people, but knowing that you have returned will give them the strength to fight back. Going in headstrong and full of malice will only get you killed again. If you're going to regain your throne, you must play it smart. Burning Galactic Alliance worlds will make you no better than them. Why cause innocents to suffer that have done no wrongs to you? It was why my husband fought alongside the Sith in a bid to save your people. They didn't deserve to be attacked by people that they have never come across before. Be the intelligent King that I know you are. Use strategy and cunning to take your throne back. I can help you there, but I will not go as far as to declaring war. That will not help gain your people's freedom. It will only ensure that they suffer all the more."

Her words resonated with him like they always did. She was full of wisdom and she had grown since they had last met. His eyes narrowed at her words as he absorbed them carefully and he heeded her words just as he had as King. He said no word and only listened, when she had finished speaking he rewarded her with silence and a single nod.

Now he would hit her with more truth. This time when he spoke he did not use his vocal chords, it was easier for him to speak through the force than to use his body. If she had force sight, if she could see the force like Erebos could she would notice that around him tendrils of dark malicious power drenched the room but did not touch her. Mythos could feel them... it was the power of chaos that his body could not contain. It was opressive like being weighed down by greater gravity.

"I seek not to be King again my old friend. I desire to rule no more than i desire to be alive" He stated plainly, his pain and his existance taxed him. He did not want to live anymore, his time had passed and breaking the laws of life caused him inmeasurable pain. "Living hurts... but i cannot rest until the Alliance is destroyed. I live with the sole purpouse of meeting them in battle and beating them back to the heart of Sullust where i will defeat their Jedi and crush their armies in close combat"

There was no mincing around with his words, in his mind it was not vengence he saught but justice and the unbridled power he weilded was granted to him just for that reason. To kill the Alliance... nothing more, once the Alliance was defeated Mythos beleived he would return to the force into Chaos but this time with no desire to return.

"You are my friend... my last living friend. I ask no help for my quest even if you know my path is a just one. I seek not to kill innocents, I seek not to cause slaughter... i seek the defeat their armies and break them in combat."

He paused, something crossd his mind, something in that moment was put into his heart by an entity that worked in the shadows. She would see something cross his eyes and a shadow move through the room so fast that time could not be used to describe it. He spoke, his words this time coming to ring with sound. "To take my throne back... may help in this quest i have. Perhaps with Atrisia and Ession in my back battling the horde of Alliance dogs will be easier and more efficient."

She would notice the change of tone, the far from subtle yet honest change in narrative as if something or someone manipulated his heart. "What do you propose?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay furrowed her brows as [member="Mythos"] touched her mind. She could feel him reaching into it, yet didn't stop him or attempt to block him at all. With him, she knew that there wouldn't be any malicious intent. At least not towards her. She listened to his words, glad at the very least that innocents would be spared. It was to that that she would nod her head, understanding his desire for vengeance. She just hoped that it wouldn't be done in her name, nor in the name of the Systems Alliance.

A brow raised as something in him changed. It was subtle, but as she was looking at him, she saw it. Was something else helping him? Could it be that someone else besides Mythos returned from the Chaos realm?

Now he had a side goal in mind. His words now spoken instead of all being inside her mind. "What do I propose? Go to the survivours of Atrisia, let them see that you had returned after the sacrifice. Give them some of what they have lost, show them that you highly value them. Build up their strength so that they'll be able to join your quest without hindering it. And most of all....be patient. It's not going to happen overnight."

As always she was right in these matters, her temperance, her judgment, her will to see things from a different perspective was not only necessary but invaluable in his eyes. Only one thing will be a problem... patience. She asked for patience but she could not possibly understand. "Kay..." He said, the weariness of his tortuous days palpable in his voice as he took one step towoards her and looked at her with palpable sadness clear in his eyes.

"Everyday that passes my people suffer more and more, every day i spend idle is a day i cannot reconcile with how my children of Atrisia lie in wait for their rightful ruler and father."

His words sounded pleading, but it was for her to understand rather than to aid. "My son was taken from me in Atrisia, I saw my people die by the hundreds of thousands, I hear their cries for justice in my sleep which is why I smoke Bota at night, sleep is a challenge when i live in pain because my children cry out for their justice..."

He turned and pulleda large crate from under his desk, his movements fast and with purpouse. "I must ride soon... I don't want your help but i do what your blessings"

From the crate he produced a sword of Valkyri steel, beautiful and made by Narfi his friend and warrior consort. "This is the blade i crafted in Midvinter. A sword of beautiful make, i want you to bless it... imbue it with the light"

He did not touch the sword, he never once had touched the blade... it lacked any taint of the darkside of the force.

"I know that you know my course is a just one" He said. Rising to his feet above the shining blade. "I also know your position does not allow you to help me in any way shape or form in my crusade for justice" His eyes met her now, if at any moment she was going to provide him with anything that might save his life... now was the time.

"But do me this one honor... and grant me your light in battke to weild against those who have killed my son and destroyed my home..."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay furrowed her brows while [member="Mythos"] spoke, letting her know of some of the agony that he was going through. She understood it, more than he may have realized. Yet she reacted to the prospect of war much differently than he did. She felt for him and for the tragic events that had shaped who he was. He was a King and still was in her mind. She knew about the huge amount of responsibility one has for their people. It was a sign of a good monarch. "I don't know what I'd do if I was in your position, Mythos. Perhaps I'd do what you are doing. It's hard to say..."

He pulled out the crate then. Kay raised a brow slightly as he opened it and expressed his want of her blessings. But she wasn't his Queen, nor was she some religious figure. She was just...Kay. Her jaw clenched as he spoke, most especially at her inability to help him. It made her terribly sad that she couldn't, but at least he understood. "Mythos...I'll be there for the humanitarian efforts and to help get the economy going again..You know that, right?"

Her eyes dropped to the sword. Outside of her lightsaber that she had made with [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' help, she hadn't force imbued anything. Maybe it would help him to make smarter decisions, she wasn't sure. But the look in his eyes showed more emotion than just an anger at everything. She saw the old Mythos that she knew, the playboy that went to almost any length to keep her safe, even during their first encounter where she had given him his nickname of Silver Tongue for his ability to charm masses of people with his words.

Kay held out her hands so that he could place the blade within them. "Alright, Mythos...I will do what you ask because I am your friend. But please, try not to be so reckless. Think things through. Plan and strategize. No wonton destruction. That won't help your cause."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom