Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Holocron of Darth Caedus

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE HOLOCRON OF DARTH CAEDUS
UqgUay4.jpg

Image Source: Herehttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_holocron/Legends
Intent: To comply with current Factory Requirements on Canon Items

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Darth Caedushttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus
Model: Not Applicable
Affiliation: Draco Vereen
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: red Pontite, Blackened Steel

CONTENTS
Darth Caedus’s Holocron is the final creation, and last remnant of the original Order of the Dark Lords, the Sith Lord being the Heir and final leader of the Organization years after the fall of Darth Sidious. It is filled with information on a myriad of Force Powers and Abilities, the power and versatility of the Force, Lightsaber Combat, and his accounts of his life and experiences. The Sith Lord is very intelligent and calculating, his accounts of occurrences and Force abilities often relied in a matter of fact tone. The Guardian appears to represent Solo in the weeks before his death, as though created during the final stages of the Second Galactic Civil War. It is very strong willed and powerful, though it will offer up some information readily, much of it requires that it be overpowered in a similar manner as other, older Sith Holocrons. The sith is also stubborn in regards to revealing information and instruction to devoted Light Siders, or Dark Siders for that matter, believing that the only reason to use the Force was to meet ends, and didn't believe himself devoted to the Dark Side.
  • The Sith Lord’s recounting of the Unifying Force philosophy in significant detail, his thoughts on why he chose to follow it, the metaphysical and philosophical importance of the Unifying Force in regards to the Sith and the Dark Side, and the tenants of the philosophy. He recounts how is beliefs and ideas about the Force evolved across his five year journey, what they evolved into, and how that effected him as time progressed.
  • Caedus's accounts of his Philosophy of the Force after his fall to the Dark Side, why he chose to be corrupted, his beliefs about his actions and how what he did was necessary, that his evil prevented greater evil from emerging or erupting in the galaxy, and what changed in him and his way of viewing the Force during his fall. Most importantly, it reveals that as time progressed his reasons for being corrupted in the first place seemed to stop being his primary goals.
  • A recounting of Solo’s life, though its relatively short summaries with very little depth into his life beyond a few key events such as his five year journey through the Galaxy, his time with the Colony and the Dark Nest Crisis, the Second Galactic Civil War, his time as a Galactic Alliance Guard officer and Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance, and his Fall to the Dark Side.
  • Solo’s knowledge and opinions on the Order of Sith Lords, the New Jedi Order, the Galactic Alliance, the Imperial Remnant, and the Confederacy as well as their place and purpose in the Galaxy and his plan to bring total peace and order to the Galaxy.
  • Caedus included vast amount of data involving his opinions and understanding of the different fringe Force sects he encountered including their ideals, beliefs, way of life, how they interacted with the Force, how the Force interacted with them, and their place in the Force and the Galaxy.
  • Instructions for the Construction of a Lightsaber, including information on hilt and blade variations, and Solo’s opinions on the importance of a Lightsaber to a Jedi, Sith, or other Force User.
  • The Holocron contains information and instructions on the New Jedi Order’s three styles of Lightsaber Combat, Stronghttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Strong_style, Medium, and Fast Style including the Sith Lord’s critiques on each one’s uses and weaknesses.
Darth Caedus Included Basic Instructions on a number of Abilities, though these lacked in depth instructions as the prodigy considered them basic and rudimentary, their performance solely based on the strength of the individual. While the Sith Lord was able to use each of these to great extent, his actual refined skill with each ability wasn't because he mastered them, but because of how powerful he was within the Force, being arguably the second most powerful Force User of his era, with more training than almost any other Force User, and access to more information than any other Force User during his life time.
The skills and abilities in which Darth Caedus used more commonly during combat and during his life, the Guardian delves into greater detail, though he focuses mainly on instructions on how to utilize each ability and the effects they have more than anything else, though he does include some philosophical importance behind each power. He however does not explicitly state how each ability would be best utilized in combat or precise applications of these powers. While the instructions are more in depth, much of the Sith Lord’s proficiency with them came from his immense raw power and comprehensive knowledge of the Force, and common usage of the powers, not necessarily his mastery of the individual skills.
During his fall, Caedus, under the guise of Solo developed several abilities alongside his uncle, Luke Skywalker, the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. These skills are often based on extrapolations of existing Force Powers and are alterations of them he was able to achieve by examining the flow of the Force and the ripples of the abilities they are based on. Thus, the instructions for these abilities often include a great deal of information about observing the Force and using its natural flow to the user's advantage. The Sith is quite proud of these in his recounting, and is reluctant to reveal information on the abilities and skills the Sith developed in his life without being adequately contested with even a Master struggling to do so. Sometimes an unprepared, or unsuspecting Master may suffer minor brain damage attempting to overpower the shadow of the Sith Lord, weakening them.
Body Control
  • How to exercise precise control over his own bodily functions, manipulating blood flow and organ performance in order to modify his physical condition and adapt to his environment or wounds.
Force Control
  • Solo and Skywalker developed ways to sustain use of the Force at levels beyond the safe capacity of the body to channel for spurts in which overwhelming use of the Force was needed. He could draw the Force through his body at an unsafe rate, resisting the pain and exhaustion of Force overload, but could not prevent it from taking a toll on his body.
Force Sensehttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_sense
  • Working with Luke Skywalker, Solo developed a technique to detect individuals who posed a threat, but were hiding their presences in the Force. By searching for the secondary effects emanating around them in the Force, rather than the presences of the individuals themselves, a Jedi could perceive the presence of ripples in the Force that were seemingly without a source. At the epicenter would be the cloaked person.
Transfer Forcehttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Transfer_Force
  • In 40 ABY, in a novel use of the Force, Solo lent his mother his Force strength, allowing her to channel his power to help her land the Millennium Falcon safely.
Caedus recounted instructions in some detail about some of the powers, abilities, skills, and philosophies he learned during his five year journey. Though he did not Master many of them, he was skilled and knowledgeable in their use and application, as well as the the core beliefs of the Sects that taught them to him. Interestingly, the locations of these sects are missing or absent in the Holocron. These abilities are well guarded by the Holocron, requiring a someone who has attained a great deal of knowledge and insight into the Force, normally a Force Master to access, and even then the Guardian will double over the basics and place emphasis on learning the beliefs of the sect before offering up the instructions on the correlating Force Powers.
Aing-Ti Monkshttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aing-Tii
  • Aing-Ti Fighting Sight
  • Flow Walking
Baran-Dohttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baran_Do
Mind Walkers
Theran Force Listening
White Currenthttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/White_Current
  • Memory Rub
  • Limited White Current Illusions
Witches of Dathomirhttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Witches_of_Dathomir
  • Limited Dathomiri Magick including the ability to create Bloodtrails
Darth Caedus recounted instructions in some detail about the powers, abilities, skills, he considered the Apex of the Dark Side's Applications. He is not known to have truly mastered the use and application of these abilities, however he has included what knowledge he had into the holocron. These are rough instructions, confident, but more rudimentary knowledge than someone who would have mastered these abilities would have been capable of. Though exceptions may exist, upon finding and attempting to unlock this information it was believed that no single Master would be able to overpower the guardian enough that it would offer up these teachings. In fact, attempting to delve to forcefully into these teachings against the guardian’s wishes and without proper support has been shown to leave the Master with a painful migraine or render them unconscious if they are unprepared, sometimes causing brain damage as the guardian's will strains the student's mental faculties.
Force Phantomshttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_phantom
  • Notably never preformed by Solo, however when preformed by a powerful Sith Lady who had mastered the ability and was at a Force Nexus it was still considerably draining leaving her fatigued for several days after creating only a few apparitions.
Sever Force
  • Used against an Apprentice by arguably the second most powerful Force User of his era. It contains the knowledge for temporary severing of an individual's Force connection and how to quickly reverse such a severing.
Sith Battle Meditation
  • When Darth Caedus ascended to Dark Lord of the Sith, he soon found out that within his mind he could coordinate and direct battle into whatever outcome he so desired. When he tried to dominate the wills of his subordinates via the Force he found that they were not so easily subjugated, and reacted with hostility to his psychic intrusion.
DESCRIPTION
Darth Caedus’s Holocron is simple reddish pontite with blackened steel bracings, creating a sleek, traditional red and black look to the device with a faint red light emanating from it. The device is small, able to be held in one hand, and despite its appearance, it is not fragile, being fairly durable but isn't very heavy. To many it might appear as a paperweight, however weaker lightsiders may suffer from slight vertigo just looking at it, a trick the Sith Lord picked up from his predecessors.

Based on the appearance of the Guardian, it seems to have been created in the last days of his life, during his time as Dark Lord of the Sith, and Heir to the Order of Sith Lords. Because of this, its opinions on Jedi and stereotypical Sith are similar, looking at them with disdain as though they are misguided and ill-fit for his knowledge. Though a Sith Lord, Jacen remained convinced of the purity of his mission and his own righteousness. His Guardian is very powerful, though it is willing to train and teach some of its knowledge to student's, much of the more powerful abilities, and skills developed by the Sith Lord himself are guarded very well, protected requiring the Guardian be defeated in a contest of wills between the shadow of the Sith Lord and a Force Master of considerable skill. Failure to overpower the guardian often results in fatigue, mental strain, Force Fatigue, and on rare occasions brain damage.

Because of the vast amount of information contained within the Holocron, many of the abilities have little instruction on how to use the abilities and skills, but on controlling the Force in order to do so, as much of the powers effectiveness were based on the sheer might of the Sith Lord. The Sith Lord places a great deal of importance on understanding one's purpose and the sacrifices one is required to make, and has the responsibility to make in order to make the Galaxy a better place, believing that in order to ensure peace and the prosperity of the galaxy as a whole, one must force it along that path.

Strengths:
  • Encyclopedia: The Holocron contains instructions on many abilities and philosophies based around the Force.
Weaknesses:
  • Strong Willed: Some of the rarer information, or information revolving around abilities or skills Solo revolutionized are well guarded, the Guardian refuses to willingly provide information on them without being over-powered in a contest of wills. However the Guardian is extremely strong-willed, with the rare abilities guarded within the holocron so well no single Master is powerful enough to extract that information.
  • Stubborn: The Guardian has a distaste for bloodthristy Sith or supremely devoted Jedi, and such it will be more difficult to convince it to reveal information to those Followers of the Force. It may still reveal mundane or basic information to them, however it will likely do so in a haughty, demeaning way, and may be more cryptic in revealing Solo’s revelations about the Force and the mysteries surrounding it.
  • Null Fields: Much like many Force based artifacts, the Holocron is unable to function within an Ysalamiri field or other Force-Nullifying fields.
REFERENCES

*THIS IS A CANON ITEM*

[member="Braith Achlys"]
The dominion sets up the story pretty nicely for us, setting us towards actually looking for it, as the Holocron is part of a wider arc. It doesn't pertain directly to the holocron, but it does set up how we came across the plausible location, where as the next thread sets up why we bothered to look for it as well as some research on the artifact, and the last thread sets up actually going and finding it.

Post Numbers
  1. 99 (Maud Enters, He's the one who tells us to go to the palace where we find a book which later tells us where to look)
  2. 101
  3. 103
  4. 104
  5. 105
  6. 106
  7. 108
  8. 109
  9. 111
  10. 112
  11. 115
  12. 116
  13. 117
  14. 119
  15. 120
  16. 121
  17. 123
  18. 124
  19. 126
  20. 128
  21. 129
  22. 130
  23. 131
  24. 132
  25. 133
  26. 134
  27. 135
  28. 136
  29. 137
  30. 138
  31. 139
  32. 140
  33. 143
  34. 144
  35. 147
  36. 148 (Finds the Book which will later tell us where to go)
  37. 150
It seems I miscounted somewhere, 37 Posts.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
Alright, bear with me, this is one of the few times we've had a huge catalog of force abilities in a holocron, and probably the first time one of the "big" ones have been submitted. While I would love to have all of this placed in one spot for ease of access/reference, I'm going to have to ask that you split this into either two or three different holocrons. There's a few reasons for this, most of which are for the contents of the holocron and the time span they were learned by Jacen in. You have Jacen the Jedi, Jacen the Sith Lord Darth Caedus, and then you have Jacen in that period between those two personas while he was training with the Aing-Tii and other fringe force groups.

An easy way for us to get through this would be to have a submission for the abilities he learned as a Jedi and those abilities pertaining to the New Jedi Order, then a second one for his abilities taught by Vergere and other Sith related skills, and then one which contains the information and skills he was taught during his time with the Aing-Tii, Mind Walkers/Drinkers, and so on.

By splitting it into three different submissions you can better flesh out those periods of his life and create a better picture of each period that Jacen would have wanted to record.

As far as the development might be concerned for these two-to-three submissions, please just list the same development threads you have listed here for each one. I'm not going to have you redo development for such a unique case.

So, in short, please separate this into two or three submissions for each of the categories of abilities (Jedi, Sith, Aing-Tii/Other). I highly recommend that you do three for the sake of truly defining each era in his life, though two is also acceptable.

Draco Vereen said:
Fold Space
Note: This is the only ability on your list that does not have canon backing that I can find for Jacen Solo having used or known of this ability. While he did learn abilities from the Aing-Tii, they are also largely well-documented in the course of his lifespan, and as Fold Space is an extremely powerful ability, I will need source information for him knowing or using this ability specifically and not extrapolation of him learning from the Aing-Tii.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
I figured there would be some issue with the number, that's why I tried to limit the information on the vast list by separating them into 4 categories and having each category be defined by a level of refinement of the teachings. First category being He shows the basics, second he shows a little more detail, etc.

Alright, I don't mind doing 2 Subs as you are correct it would be cool having Darth Caedus and Jacen Solo, how do you want them done?
Jacen Solo's Holocron
Darth Caedus' Holocron
(My only issue with this, is He became Darth in book 2 or 3 of the Legacy of the Force Series, and doesn't remove all that many powers and abilities I've listed, and I tried to be comprehensive, and going full Jedi, well then the scale tips the other way as he never returned to being a real Jedi after 29 ABY). I think I'm going to have to kinda split up the upper tiers a little to balance them out, as Darth Caedus with all the 5 year knowledge has way too many really strong things, vs Jacen + 5 years has a lot of stuff.

Tadar'Ro taught him the Aing-Tii ability to teleport objects,
The Other thing, straight from his Wookiee. My memory of the Legacy of the Force Series isn't perfect, nor is my memory of the Dark Nest series, but I don't think he used it during those books, I think he was just found to have learned it when Luke was travelling the Galaxy retracing his steps, which would be why the character Tadar'ro was first mentioned in the Fate of the Jedi series.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
I'll read through this asap, but in regards to fold space, I've been made aware that we're not permitting its placement in holocrons within the factory at this time. You're still more than welcome to make use of it in RP and learn it through some other means, but it's not going to make it through here. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'll have to ask for that specific ability to be removed.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
I'll remove it no problem. Teleportation is a bit beyond what I'd like from this, I was simply trying to be a bit comprehensive since he was aware of so many abilities and rarer doctrines.

As mentioned in the other submission, I've moved some stuff around. All of the Esoteric and Fringe powers are in the Holocron of Jacen Solo, where as the powers he created or developed in 40 ABY and the very powerful Sith abilities he learned in 41 ABY are all here, as well as Shatterpoint.

I've drawn the line between the two at the Darknest Crisis. My reason for doing so is because, in my mind, he was still a Jedi and active with the group until the beginnings of the Second Galactic Civil war, where he became estranged. Because EU doesn't have a lot of info between the two conflicts, I separated them completely. You have the Holocron of Jacen the Esoteric Jedi Knight, and the Holocron of Darth Caedus, Sith Lord which while similar, have firm distinctions.

With the change to 30 ABY and beyond for this holocron and 30 ABY and prior for the other, this is good to go.

Awesome. Pending Admin Approval. Thanks! [member="Spencer Varanin"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom