Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Harlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
66e817c78e2ad9a002b4c2e026d81952.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To re-sub a unique vessel.
  • Image Source: The Arcadia (modified by me)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Ebon Hawk
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • The Vessel of an Acrobat: Much like her previous owner, she's very fast and agile.
  • More Dakka!: For a light freighter, she's quite heavily armed.
  • Quick On the Draw: By recycling leftover heat, the ship's weaponry can regenerate power faster.
WEAKNESSES
  • Have You Any Defense?: In exchange for speed, agility, and heavy armament, she's lacking in the defense department. Once the shields are gone, you better get the hell out of there fast.
  • Overheating: The recycling of heat in the weapons systems means there is greater risk of overheating.
  • You Came in That Thing?: She's not exactly easy on the eyes, mostly because of the eccentricity of her design.
DESCRIPTION

"Corrax stared in bewilderment at the sight before him. A ship designed by children. As a prank. On drugs. A literal pirate ship, spec'ed from plans out of the pre-space faring days of a thousand ancient civilizations." -Corrax Talrus, "The Harlock"​

The Harlock is a strange animal. While it is classified as a freighter on account of its size and abundant cargo hold, the design is more typical of a corvette. Resembling a cross between an old-fashioned galleon and a miniature battleship, the eccentric freighter is blatantly, shamelessly pirate-themed. The captain's quarters at the back, which look like they came from a sea ship rather than a starship, and the presence of some quaint decorations along the sides associated with ancient piracy - a skull and crossbones - create an effect which is childish rather than intimidating, like an overgrown little boy's idea of what constitutes a badass ride. Most people find it hideous.

Much of the weirder elements appear to have been added later, though it passed through several reluctant hands before Alyosha won it while gambling on Bespin. He hired a pilot, Theo Vathek, to operate the vessel.

With the death of Alyosha, ownership passed to Theo, who opted to stick around with Alyosha's odd bunch of friends, among them Laertia Io. With Laertia having gone on to create her own House, Theo is now considered a member of the House Io family. He and the Harlock have found work as part of House Io's ever-expanding fleet.

Last edited:
One issue and I won't quote it.

Turbolasers do not belong on anything below 50 meters. That is that, only one thing ever had a turbolaser and it was the only weapon on a starfighter and it generally damaged itself in a video game called Star Wars Rebel Alliance on the attempt. This is a dual turbolaser which makes it double no.

I recommend is either make it corvette size or change out the weapons to something similar. Lightning Cannons are a thing.

Let me know when you edit this.
Percival Io Percival Io

One issue and I won't quote it.

Turbolasers do not belong on anything below 50 meters. That is that, only one thing ever had a turbolaser and it was the only weapon on a starfighter and it generally damaged itself in a video game called Star Wars Rebel Alliance on the attempt. This is a dual turbolaser which makes it double no.

I recommend is either make it corvette size or change out the weapons to something similar. Lightning Cannons are a thing.

Let me know when you edit this.
Percival Io Percival Io

The weapons list and length/width of the vessel are copied directly from the Ebon Hawk, a canon ship. But if it helps, I adjusted the height to 50 meters.

Sorry for the wait, been busy.

I am going to go with the accordance of choice this time. Generally Corvettes need their own field. On the other hand, this is the maximum height on Small Craft. So for the sake of sanity, we will use the maximum for Small Craft. Your example, while noteworthy, I will keep in mind and see if I have any sourcebooks discussing it.

Regardless.
APPROVED!
Percival Io Percival Io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom