Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Hand Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
40WESN2.jpg

(The gun in this picture.)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Create a personal weapon for @Averin An’Arach
Image Source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/71283606571945362/?source_app=android
Canon Link: DX-2 Disruptor Pistol
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Family heirloom of @Averin An’Arach
Model: The Hand Cannon
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Titanium, Carbonite, A sliver of Pontite crystal

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Disruptor Pistol
Clip Size: 9 shots total, can perform a charge shot that takes up 3 ammo
Effective Range: 20m
Size: One-Handed
Length: 36cm
Weight: 140g

SPECIAL FEATURES
A specially made Disruptor Pistol, The Hand Cannon is similar in function to a standard DX-2 disruptor pistol in function. Its main differences are a Carbonite heatsink supplemented with a sliver of pontite crystal to allow faster recharge and an elongated barrel that provides slightly increased range.

STRENGTHS
+ Better than normal range for a disruptor pistol
+ Better heatsink than a normal disruptor pistol reducing cool down time to closer to three seconds rather than the normal six.
+ Is a disruptor pistol so a single shot can punch through most standard armor. A charged shot can chew through the hull of a starship.
+/- Bit of a pro and a con, there is no such thing as a flesh wound with a disruptor pistol. Since they tend to destabilize the molecules of what they hit resulting in disintegration.

WEAKNESSES
- Like all disruptors, it consumes a large amount of blaster gas per shot, so it has a small clip size. Nine normal shot or three fully charged shots and a new energy cell is needed.
- While it has better range than a normal blaster pistol it is still a relatively short range weapon. Which is to say the beam cannot be relied upon to hit any target more than twenty meters away. When your sword has better range than your pistol you know something's up.

DESCRIPTION
A companion weapon to Averin's Light Cutlass passed onto him by his father. He is vague about the exact origins of the weapons, largely because his father never told him where they came from. He has noted that the sliver of pontite in this weapon seems to have been from the same crystal as the one powering his cutlass. Ultimately this weapon isn't that special, just being a more or less normal disruptor pistol. Still, it's a disruptor pistol so it isn't like there was that much to improve.

[member="Venthis Zambrano"] well alright, near as I can tell the original artist goes by Makacoon and the image was posted in 2012 somewhere on his site here. I can't link directly to it without making an account, which I don't want to do, but this shoulder be the link you want: http://img11.pixiv.net/img/makacoon/16683128.jpgAt least, as near as I can tell. I already had two subs approved with the pinterest link so it seems odd that you'd ask for all that, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom