Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grind

There were a few things from her past she was curious about. Who her biological parents was just one of them. She knew she had originated on Coruscant, had been adopted and taken to Zakuul. When the First Order had come, she decided to leave. They were gone again and she felt comfortable enough returning to visit her family.

She hoped they might have more information on her biological family that they hadn't told her. Now she was adult, she felt she could handle anything they could tell her. She had been exposed to the Force and even knew a few skills. More formal training was progressing at a slow pace, but Aren was slowly falling to the temptation of the dark.

Neutrality still lingered on her and she was still not tainted entirely. A few years had passed since she last set foot on the world she grew up on and as she climbed off her ship, she took a breath of the familiar air. Skeeter her porg seemed just as excited and happy to be here as she was.

Carrying him in her arms, her other companions either rode, walked or flew around her. Taking a speeder to her old home, they climbed out. Running to the door, she used her key to open it and ran in to see her parents. Giving them a large smile, she dashed into their arms to give them hugs, kisses and all that stuff a long departed family member would do.

The rest of the day was spent chatting and catching up on things. She did leave out some details of her activities since she assumed they weren't things they would exactly approve of. Eventually she was able to ask what was on her mind only to learn that they knew next to nothing about her biological family.

They were aware of only that she had a brother. Nothing more than that. Since she had been at an orphanage, they suggested she visit there and see if they had any additional information. Wanting to make up for the time they were apart, Aren spent the next few days with them before departing for Coruscant.

Thankfully her ship was large enough to carry her companions and the journey was uneventful. She requested they stay with the ship though and she exited the spaceport. Wrinkling her nose at the stench of the world, she wished for an air filter suddenly. Letting out a sigh, she hailed a taxi and climbed on board. Giving the droid the address of the orphanage, she sat back, closed her eyes and wondered what information she was going to find here.

If they didn't have anything, then she would be lost once again. It had been many years since she had been adopted and there was chance the information wasn't even around anymore. Opening her eyes as the speeder came to landing, she hopped out, grabbed the bag she always carried. Inside were various tools she used for slicing if her Force ability failed.

It seemed the orphanage was a welcoming place and as she approached, the door opened in front of her. A pack of young kids ran out and to avoid getting trampled, she stepped to the side to allow them to pass. Chuckling slightly, she walked in and was greeted by a middle aged woman who shared a smile with her.

Explaining why she was there, it was soon clear it was as she feared. No records had been kept from that long ago in the house. Anything that had been there was still in the census and she was sent packing off to look those up locally.

Letting out a sigh, the young woman walked away and pretended to kick a pebble down the street as she walked. Grumbling to herself about the situation, she continued walking until finding the address the lady had given her.

"Here goes nothing."

Flipping her hair back, she walked in, presented the situation to the droid behind the counter. It pointed her in the direction she needed to go and went back to staring into the space in front of it. She totally considered rendering it useless, but that wouldn't be for the best and instead just tinkered with its personality. The next person to deal with it would find it speaking its mind about how it seemed to think about things.

Laughing slightly, she went to the room where the information was supposed to be and started into her searching.

[member="Vokun"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

Vokun, Zaiden, was a man that followed the Force when it told him to go some where. He had a strong sense, an impossible to ignore urge and necessity to go to Coruscant. As he moved, the man simply folded space and appeared on the planet. Near an orphanage he had never been to before. Such an act would tire a normal being, but having done the training to required, it was simply like when a boxer took a hit. It could be tiring, but a professinal did not feel it. They shrugged it off.

Looking to the night sky, he was happy to not need his alchemy sunscreen to survive. Taking a step into the building he looked around. Nothing seemed to stick out. He must have stood there looking like an idiot, for almost five minutes, trying his damndest to allow the Force to guide him a bit more. But it didnt.

So he turned on his heel, and headed from the building once more. Sitting on the steps outside, he closed his eyes and reached into the Force. A master of his own self, he closed the world off. The images began to flood. Ignoring the rest that were unnecessary, as the Force would try to get his assistance with everything available, from death to battle ten thousand light years away. Slowly a blurry image of a female came into view. He could not for the life of him see what she looked like, her features, let alone even their age.

Groaning he rose and entered the building. Once more closing his eyes, he used his Force Shadow to send his senses out of his body, flying with speed and gusto about the building. Soon enough he saw what he guessed who was needing him. Turning on his heel, he walked to the door way, calmly stating, "How could I possibly help you?"

[member="Aren D'Shade"]

Having only recently dealt with a skirmish on some slums of Coruscant, Lan-Dai was quick to dismiss himself from his newfound collaborators and possible allies as he quickly sensed a presence all too familiar. Whether it was a coincidence, a hoax, a misunderstanding, or a trap, it didn't matter. Lan-Dai Navras suddenly sensed Aren D'Shade on the planet Coruscant itself, or someone just like her. On the chance that it could be Aren, Lan-Dai did not think it twice and resolved to find her. He had been searching the galaxy for her ever since she left him on Ragoon IV after only beginning training that same day.

"R8, come to my location now!!!" Lan-Dai addressed his droid on his commlink as he ran across the lower rooftops of Coruscant. Soon enough the familiar sensation and sound of Lan-Dai's fighter came into close proximity, and the Emerallian somersaulted into the open cockpit as it closed over him. Flying carefully, Lan-Dai simply allowed the Force to guide him towards the source of the sensation that overtook him.

Coming into view was an strange building, one that if anything seemed far older and a bit outdated than the rest of the brightly lit edifices of the planet. Landing nearby, Lan-Dai exited and made his way towards the building, with the sensation of Aren intensifying with each step.

For the first time in a long time, Aren had her headset on and the music was blaring in her ears. As she nodded her head to the rhythm of it, she was busy delving into what information this place had. Luckily it was an easy task for her and she didn't actually need to even use her Force ability to do her work.

She almost jumped out of her skin when a voice behind her spoke and asked what he could help her with. Pulling the earphones off her head, she hung them on the bag at her side and looked at the stranger.

"What makes you think I need any help?"

There was a rumbling sound that came from a machine next to the one she had been on. She turned to look at it, narrowed her eyes slightly and the sound went away. Once that had gone silent again, she turned her attention back to the man.

A print out came from that machine and she reached her hand out to take it.

"I think I found what I needed. You don't look like one of the droids that work here. Why would a place like this hire an organic? That doesn't make any sense."

Suddenly a familiar presence washed over her and she paled slightly.

"I need to go."

[member="Lan-Dai Navras"] [member="Zaiden Dean"]

Before he could offer assistance, or reply, the girl was gone. It was like a puff of smoke. There, and then not in an instance. Sighing, he felt another tug from the Force. Groaning, he raised his hands and shouted at the Force, "ARE YOU SERIOUS? I CONSTANTLY DO WHAT YOU WANT! GIMME A BREAK!" With that he turned and followed the girl, quickly catching up to her, "Are you trying to avoid someone? I can assist. It sort of is my specialy. Or if you are looking for someone else, that sort of is my specialty as well..

"Yeah two specialties. Its a joke. But I can help either way." Zaiden said, trying to remain calm. He was currently clad in a dark suit, with a blue shirt beneath the blazer, and his Shadow Coat over it. No one in the Force user genre would ever be able to sense him at the moment, not to mention he could conjure the most perfect Force Cloak to ever exist, consisting of bent light, Dathomiri magics, and other nifty things. He had so much practice using them together that it was truly a perfect Cloak. If she needed to dissapear, it would not matter if the person who sought her was standing directly in front of her and she was waving her hands in their face.

"I am only trying to be nice, dont run away again."

[member="Aren D'Shade"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

At this proximity there was no room for doubt, the sensation did in fact, emanate from Aren herself. However, just as quickly yet another presence in the Force became apparent, a stronger one than hers at that.

Taking out his S-5, Lan-Dai Navras fired at an angle towards a low rooftop nearby. Why Aren was running, having quickly sensed that it was from him, Lan-Dai at first couldn't tell. As he fired the grappling hook and allowed it to pull him upwards, the closer he was now to Aren clarified things more. A signature of the dark side was growing within her, it was faint, but it was there. Pondering for a few seconds, Lan-Dai continued to give chase, following both the Force as well as the beacon he had placed inside her bag of slicing tools.

A stranger was with her, that much was clear. Readying himself as he now looked down at Aren and the stranger from the rooftop he was now standing on, Lan-Dai simply somersaulted down, landing neatly in such a position that would leave her with no easy way to escape or run from him.

His cape and hood still on, Lan-Dai could only hope that this stranger meant no harm to either of them as he now stood face to face with them both.

"If you must know, yes to both. If you want to help, I'm now going to find out what I can about these names."

Handing him the paper, she already knew the two names on there. Another pair of eyes and mind knowing what they were wouldn't hurt at all. The music still pumped out of her headset, but she didn't seem to notice that at all. As they walked down the hall and outside, she looked around to try and find Lan-Dai.

"Sorry to run like that..."

Letting out a small sigh, she pointed as Lan-Dai landed on the ground not far from them. She stopped walking and looked with some fear on her face at her old friend.

"That is who I am trying to avoid. Too late now."

She didn't exactly expect to have a good reunion with Lan-Dai and waited for him to break the silence between them. Looking down at her bag, the music shut off and all they could hear was the sounds of traffic around them.

[member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

Zaiden sighed as he ran alongside her, casually glancing at the paper. Then he stopped, luckily right before she did, maybe a few feet distance between them. He looked surprised to find his own name on it. He did not recognize the other names... No wait yes he did. Zalton. His son. Why were these names on here? It was then he noticed the Header on the page saying it was a blood test analyzing connections to known blooded people. This was...

Wait a second...

He looked up, "That's mine and my son's name. Where did you get this paper? Is it accurate? I don't understand this. Who is that other name? Is this yours?" The words were rapid fire, no way for her to reply in between. He was becoming flustered, confused. He has two sons, twins, both dead now. And it bothered him. It made sense that one son was not mentioned as he had never had his name on any record.. But other than that little bit, he did not understand what was happening...

Having successfully cornered Aren, Lan-Dai pulled his hood back and with it removed his helmet, placing it within the secret compartment inside his hood. Walking slowly toawards Aren, Lan-Dai could not refrain from hearing what was going on between her and the stranger whom he now identified as the third presence in the Force.

As he walked forward slowly, his face was plagued with confusion, and a hint of suspicion. Something was in the air, something that perhaps may link them both in a way that the Emerallian could not yet fathom. However, his primary concern was Aren's safety and well-being. While this stranger seemed to pose no threat to her or to him, this did not stop Lan-Dai from taking whatever precaution he might from within his cape.

"Aren.........." Lan-Dai spoke softly, the concern in his voice genuine. "Why did you leave? Why did you not say anything" I have searched for you ever since......."

The signature of the dark side was faint, but present in his friend.

"I have not come to judge or look down upon you.... I sense that you have learned other skills since we last met, some at a specific cost......"

Taking a step closer, Lan-Dai paused to breathe before continuing.

"You need not run from me, I would think you'd know me well enough to realize that no matter what path you choose, I respect you and only want what's best for you regardless of what you decide."

Pausing briefly, the Emerallian took notice once more of the stranger that accompanied them, in case any unpleasantries transpired.

It almost seemed as if even the sound of traffic faded away and all Aren could hear were the words of the two around her. She blinked when Zaiden said one of the names was his and the other that of his son.

"I got the paper inside. I'm trying to find out information on my biological family. That's my name right there."

The paper seemed to flutter in the air a moment and her attempt to distinguish her name from among the list failed. Her control of the Force outside of dealing with electronics still needed some work. Letting out a growl, she turned around and pointed out her name for him.

"I'm Aren D'Shade. That's the name of my adoptive family. They're on Zakuul."

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked at him.

"Who are you?"

That introduction would have to wait because her old friend spoke up and asked a couple of questions. One could be answered easily, the other not so much. Rather it would very difficult for her to put it into proper words.

"I got scared. Too much all at once and I ran."

It took care of the first one, the other was harder. Why hadn't she reached out to him after she came to terms with things. Well, she had gotten involved with some shady dealings and then was caught attempting to rob a powerful Sith.

When he took his step closer, she took one back and ran into Zaiden. His body prevented her from going back any further. Taking a gulp as Lan spoke, she wrapped her arms around herself and didn't meet his eyes.

"I did bad things, Lan-Dai. Brought about the destruction of many things, people and even an entire race."

None of what she mentioned actually had anything to do with the Sith and were all done before she attempted her break in. Once that was foiled, she had come under he sway and she was still his apprentice.

Zaiden said nothing to the statements she revealed, nor the questions she asked. Instead he contemplated the paper. It said potential parents were he and another. The girl obviously had not put that bit together yet. He however was far more in the moment, less frazzled by situations going on, so he gave her slack. And yet he still mulled over the possibilities. At one point in his life, he was dark, darker than most wished to be, ever. Plenty of nights were spent in a haze, intoxicated by one substance or another.

Who was to say what happened during those nights? He could have done any number of things, and have absolutely no recognition. It never occurred to him that this sort of thing could happen, and if it had, it was also in the haze so he didnt remember it. What if this girl really was his? What if she was the only heir he had left? Wait, who said that if this girl was his blood, that she was the only to occur from this sort of adventure? Suddenly his head began to hurt. Even in his deepest, most vile days he still cared most for family. Now it was occurring to him that possibly there was even more than just this girl, whom had gone their whole lives without his assisstance when they needed him.

Without them their when he was supposed to be.

Suddenly he came back to the present, she bumping into him. Instinctively, he became protective. She was running from something, and at the moment it looked like this young man.

The air grew still, deathly quiet. Then slowly waves of energy began to pass away from him, growing from small surges, toward something bigger. The picture he silently painted was pure and simple. If you step closer, if you mean her harm, if she becomes any more alarmed – there would be hell.

Reaching around her body from behind, he held the paper, then pointed where it said presumed biological father was him, “The name is Zaiden James-Greyson, the pleasure his all mine.” However his eyes never left the kid. This was a titan amid men, and he might be set free at a wrong move.

While he mused over what she said, Aren was talking to Lan. However when he pointed out his name on the paper to her and introduced himself, her attention whipped back to him. Turning around to face him, there was a bit of fire in her eyes.

"No, don't hurt him. What? How the..."

Taking the paper from him even though she already knew the names on it, she looked between it and back at him several times and took a step backwards in the direction she had just come.

"Well, I'll be damned. Are you sure? I mean I handed you the paper, you looked at it and then said your name."

Oddly enough or not, they did look quite similar. Both of them had black hair and dark eyes. That was quite common though and they shared that similarity with many others. However, not all of the could use the Force. That number was far more limited and it inclined her to believe him.

"Nice to meet you. Just don't hurt my friend."

Taking that gulp again, she handed him the paper back to turned to look at Lan-Dai.

"I'm sorry I ran. Nothing can change what happened. In the passing of the years, I've changed Lan-Dai. Why did you keep trying to find me?"

[member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

Zaiden heard the words of his daughter, and immediately drew back into himself. The sounds from nearby began to reach them once more, rising winds died back. His eyes also stopped their slow rise to an out right glow. He reached out and touched her shoulder, gently but firm, "We need to talk. I will wait for you to finish with your friend and will be back." He vanished from sight, a loud bang sounding as the air rushed to fill the space he had previously occupied. Atop a nearby building, he stared skyward, observing the clouds of the night as they moved, casting shadows along their paths.

He had a daughter. What were the odds? He had always expected sons, so when they came, it was nothing to be surprised by. Their deaths had nearly killed him. What was worst was the fact they died at separate times, so he had to suffer for longer, with it growing with each of the events. But now, his heart began to swell. This is the chance for him to repair the damages down to his heart. This was the chance to become whole once more. He couldn't let her take harm, of any form. He would be like a hound on a leash. Call, and he would be ready to attack. No matter the being.

A telepathic link established between the two of them, he made sure she could feel his presence in her mind, but also made sure she knew he was not prying, reading her thoughts, nor listening to her conversation. It was just so she could get his attention with ease.

Throughout the immediate interactions, Lan-Dai never fully took his eyes off of the stranger. Listening attentively, there was something more to what was going on between them than met the eye. In an instant, Lan-Dai's suspicions became facts as he sensed waves of Force energy emanating from him, and strong waves at that.

While Lan-Dai did not flinch or falter at the sensation, he instantly gave a slight look that denoted neither fear nor defiance. Lan-Dai's demeanor did not change, he was here for Aren, and meant her no harm whatsoever. Turning his attention to her once more, Lan-Dai continued to speak.

"You didn't need to run..... not from me..." Perhaps there was more to Lan-Dai's voice than even he knew of.

"We change constantly......... and again I assure you, I don't judge you based on what you've done. What you did , I don't care..... I've failed in my journey myself, but it doesn't matter if you fail, only what you do after you fail."

Lan-Dai paused to let his words sink in, just as he saw the other man leave them to talk.

"I made a promise to protect and watch over you....... I keep my promises."

Lan-Dai knew that that wasn't all, but he didn't know what else it was.

She looked down at the hand on her shoulder and back up at the man who claimed to be her father. He said they needed to talk and she muttered something under her breath as he quickly disappeared. Jumping when the bang happened, she soon turned back to face Lan-Dai.

Aren had not changed much physically in their years apart, but her eyes were older. She had grown into a woman now and even if around Lan-Dai she was nervous, she stood her ground now with him. Lifting a hand to her head, she felt Zaiden in her mind. In a most likely futile attempt, she would try to push him out. Even if he wasn't in there prying around, Aren didn't like anybody messing with her mind.

"Lan-Dai, I wasn't ready. I got scared and ran. After we parted, I went many places and did many things. Some good and some bad. I've grown up since then and have accepted what I can do."

He assured her he wasn't judging her on what she had done and that he didn't care about them. Even cited that he had failed. How that was possible, she didn't know and didn't ask.

When he finished speaking, Aren broke in a way and almost started crying.

Gathering her feet under her, she didn't run away this time, but to her old friend. Unless he moved, she give him a large hug and just held him.

"I'm sorry."

It was hard to believe that so much time had passed since their meeting on Dorsis, and their one day training session on Ragoon VI. After 5 years, Lan-Dai was once more standing in front of his friend and would-be student, Aren D'Shade.

"It wasn't wrong for you to be scared, though you should have trusted me to see you through. Since that day I have searched the galaxy endlessly for you, hoping against hope that nothing had happened to you."

Sensing the turmoil in her voice as she approached him, Lan-Dai did not move as she came closer to embrace him. The sensation was still awkward and confusing even after 5 years, yet Lan-Dai did nothing to resist. Slowly but surely, he returned the hug and held her close, sofly but firmly, in a reassuring manner.

"You have nothing to be sorry about....... I found you at last, and that's all that matters...... Just let me know in advance if you intend to leave me again..."

Before she had run from him, she had given a hug just like this. Maybe even in almost tears just like she was now. That memory was too far in the past for her remember clearly. However, it was still just as uncomfortable for him now as it was then.

"I will have to return to..."

Not finishing out and telling where she had been for the last few years, he would probably be able to find her anyway. Maybe there was something within the confines of the tower where she was apprenticed that kept him from finding her. It might also have been her own work that kept her hidden.

"I have duties to attend to on another world."

Pursing her lips slightly, she decided it would be better to just tell him than attempt to keep it secret. Lan-Dai was one person she could trust and deep inside she knew that.

"It's on Dromund Kaas. I'm a labratory assistant."

Every word was technically true and she had learned how to be obscure in her wording. These words made it out sound like something authentic and not of being an apprentice to a Sith knight.

Looking up and around, she knew she had failed in her attempt to push her father from her mind. She nudged back to inform him he could return.

Suddenly the man was there. He said nothing, just silently stood. If she wanted to speak she could, if not she didnt need to. There was no reason to rush or push anything. So he just stood quietly. Waiting to see why she had called for him…

Within the embrace, Aren's uncertainty and attempts to obscure certain truths were apparent to him. The Emerallian had dealt with her long enough to read certain aspects of what she said, did, and meant, yet de did not pry. Whatever the trouble was, he would be there to face it with her.

Her hesitation, and ultimate halt at where it was she had to return to was a concern. There was an air of both secrecy, and perhaps discomfort or shame at what she would have said otherwise. For now, it would be best that he not say anything about the tracker he had placed in her bag. If anything, he would have to slip another one on Aren, in case she either found or disabled the one already there.

Duties on another planet? Something about that just did not fit. Then she gave a precise location, Dromund Kass.... It was a start. If she were to leave his side once more, he would begin his search there.

Letting go of Lan-Dai, she turned around to face Zaiden from earlier. From head to toe, she looked at him, then walked around him. Stopping in front of him, she looked up and tilted her head.

"So you say your name is the one on the paper. How am I to believe you magically appear right when I get something solid to go off of? And get out of my head!"

Stomping one of her feet, Aren gave it another futile try to push him out.

Holding a hand out to Lan-Dai, she actually wanted his company after realizing she missed him all these years. Her own life, wants and desires had dominated her and not what another person might wonder about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom