Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest The Great Hyperlane Contest

IMG_9353.png
“Chaos needs more Hyperlanes” - That X-Wing Guy

Hello y’all! As some of you might know, I have developed a strong love for creating hyperlanes. There is so much lore and detail that you can add into them that make them cool set pieces for any story.

I’ve been wanting to run this contest since before Wondrous Ruins of the Past, but I didn’t want to conflict with any submissions that y’all were working on. Hopefully this won’t conflict with Kal Kal ’s Mad Science Contest either.

So, here’s how it will work:

————————————

It’s a magnificent day for all spacers from each corner of the galaxy.

A new Hyperlane has been charted by an unknown adventurer (that being you), and there name has now been published in holomagazines all across the galaxy.

This route has connected systems far and wide to one another helping trade flourish in these regions. Whether it be legal or not, business is sure to move in.

To commemorate their efforts, the adventurer has been asked to create a small writeup about their chartered Hyperlane, detailing everything about it. This route will now be published across the stars and immediately added to all new Nav computers, with royalties going to them.

Good luck, and may your Hyperspace travels be clear.

————————————

Goal:
  • Create a new Hyperlane for Chaos that connects one area of space to another, detailing it as much as you can.

Details:
  • Hyperlanes should cross at least 5 hexes. This is to prevent say a route to just go from Tatooine to Geonosis, as there is not much detail you could add in here.
    • More hexes = More detail that can be added.
  • A good mix of Chaos history and Wookieepedia history is the best. This is not to say a straight Chaos or straight Wookieepedia lane won’t be bad, but using both tends to lead to the greatest results.
  • Don’t be afraid to make a Hyperlane as crazy as possible. If you want to make a route that spans from one end of the galaxy to another, please by all means do so.
    • With that being said, please still follow the site’s rules in terms of “craziness.”

Rules:

• First and foremost, please follow all Codex rules and templates when creating your Hyperlane. Obviously any route that has been denied cannot be entered into the contest.
  • Once your route has been created and approved, please post it below. Also make sure to link this contest somewhere in the submissions, whether it be in the Intent of Links area.
  • NO HYPERLANE CAN BE MAJOR-FACTION AFFILIATED
    • This rule is in place because I would like the routes to be a long-standing piece of history to use, and since Major Factions due die out at some time, this would be conflicting.
    • While they can’t be straight up affiliated with factions, this doesn’t mean the routes can have Major Faction aspects of them. For example:
      • The Hyperlane can travel straight through Major Faction territory.
      • The Hyperlane can have Major Faction history, such as said faction being instrumental to the funding of the route, or said faction causes constant trouble to travelers on the route.
      • The Hyperlane could lead to points that are Major Faction controlled, such as a trade depot in NIO territory, or a shadowport in BOTM territory.
  • If the Hyperlane you create leads outside of the main galaxy, a good portion of it must be fleshed out within the main galaxy. This will make it so writers can still use the route if they don’t want to write that they are traveling far outside of the galaxy.
  • You are allowed to enter more than one Hyperlane to the contest, but only one will receive a prize if in the top of the contest.
  • These Hyperlanes must be brand new submissions. Please to not enter an already created route.

Judging:

• I will be the sole judge of this contest. My judging will be unbiased about who you may be, the faction you write for, how long you have been on the site, or your opinion on X-Wings.
  • Judging will be based purely off of detail and in-depthness your submission has.
  • If say there are like thirty people who enter then I will more than likely call in another judge to help me out.

Prizes:

• There will in total be 1 Grand winner and 2 Runner-Up winners.
    • The Grand Winner prize will be 20,000UCs
    • The Runner-Up prize will be 10,000UCs
    • All participants who do not place in these top 3 will receive 500UCs, which may end up being reduced based on the amount of people that enter.

Have fun charting out your Hyperlanes y’all!

THE CONTEST WILL CONCLUDE ON APRIL 5TH AT 12:00AM. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THEN*

*Routes that have not been Approved can still be entered into this contest before the date. There will be a one week grace period so that these routes can be approved. This grace period will also give me time to look over the submitted Hyperlanes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom