Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gray Master

Gray had heard about a temple on Alderaan, a force temple. He had been doing some digging about force related things ever since he had found out he was force sensitive. He knew his father's family had come from the planet before heading into Mandalorian space and the fact the force sensitivity that ran in that side of the family, as well as in his mother's, and there was this temple there peaked his interest. He wondered it was about especially because it had something to do with these users known as gray jedi. It might be kind of sad that he felt a connection because of his name being that, but there was just so many little things that connected him to the place for him not to try to visit the place.

Gray landed as close to the location of the temple as he could get. He got out of his ship wearing his leather duster over normal clothing with his leather boots. His blaster pistol was strapped to his right leg with his light saber with a longer hilt than normal hanging next to his blaster. He wasn't sure what he was going to find at the place as he walked to it, but he was excited to find out. He came up to the temple wall after an hour or two of walking. He found the front gate and stopped to appreciate the place. It looked nice and he could feel something special about the place. Even the crystal in his saber was humming to him in excitement as he came up to it. He walked through the gate into the garden and found it to be a mess. It seems no one had cared for it for some time.

Gray had looked around the garden for a bit before he felt he had to do something. He wasn't sure why he was feeling so called to clean it up, but he did and that was all that was important it seemed most of the time with the force. He took his duster off and set it in a clear spot and got to work pulling weeds. He put the weeds into a spot so he could completely remove them later. He began to find himself humming as he went about his task. It seems he had been spending too much around Star lately, because he was picking up some of her habits. Oh well, not like he would or could spend less time around her. She was the love of his life. He just kept working on the garden by pulling out the weeds.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Gray Raxis"]

Alexandra looked at the armored man with a curiosity, her mind running over his appearance and letting him work on cleaning out the weeds of her garden today. The beauty of the main garden was it was separate and on the roof of her compound, a fact that made its connection to the lightside like a beacon rather than a natural anomaly. "Hmm..." She rested her chin on her hand as he worked and in his mind being distracted she moved her hand in a dancing fashion as she sat on the roof of what used to be the council chambers. She had been relatively hidden, her hair being the only part of her that truly stood out and yet she remained silent as her touch on the force worked.

Whether Gray would notice or not her hand would attempt to draw both saber and blaster to her from his belt, silent and slow as to avoid alerting him if at all possible and using the tree that gave off the lightside presence as a sort of cover from him sensing her actions. Should he be disarmed without even knowing it she would put the two items down on that roof and turn her attention back on him with curiosity. Why were so many coming around lately she wondered, it almost felt like when she had left the Sith to become a hermit the first time. Like life was repeating itself.

Gray continued with his work in the garden when he felt a very faint feeling. He couldn't exactly place it or where it was coming from only that it was there. He figured it had something to do with the place he was in and its strong presence with the force. He was going to ignore it altogether when Whisper, the crystal in his saber, stopped humming along with him and began to hum in a panic. He stopped what he was doing and put his right hand over his blaster pistol and saber hilt. He frowned as he pushed them back into place. Someone had been messing with them it seemed, and he wouldn't have noticed. He began to scan the area around him, but did not see any obvious sign of a person being around the area. That meant either someone was hiding from him or something very weird was going on here.

Gray sat down cross legged on the ground and rested his arms on his legs. He closed his eyes and focused on the force. He began to look out around him through the use of force sight to try to find any hidden person who might be around. He scanned every inch of the area around him in as much detail as he could manage. He was still learning how to use force sight, but he found it to be extremely useful already. He kept scanning to see if he could see the person messing with him, if there was indeed someone messing with him.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

She was saddened when the man's hand pressed the saber and pistol back into place, yet also interested. He had known the saber was being pulled away and for a moment he had looked for her and found nothing. It meant he was not so inexperienced as she thought and as his eyes drifted closed, her body shot from where she had been, falling slowly and landing infront of him not a foot from his body. Yet she had landed like a feather, silent and softly, even if appearing from what could have seemed like thin air as she had simply appeared to have fallen from the sky itself.

When the man would open his eyes, or even look through the force, infront of him would be the prying eyes that were Alexandra's. Staring into him and seeing what she could about this man who had arrived in her home without much warning past what she had sensed in his coming. It was interesting to find more and more of them lately, almost like her home had become a form of pilgrimage for these Jedi at this point and yet they had shown themselves ignorant every time to her presence. It was amusing. "Can i help you?" She would speak, soft and velvet like in its presentation to the man before her.

Gray caught her movement with his force sight as she dropped in front of him. He turned his attention to her without ever opening up his eyes. He studied her through the force as she studied him. He was inexperienced and still new to the force, but he had learned how to notice the difference between a novice like himself and a master like she seemed to be. He eventually opened up his eyes and smiled to her. He said, " Hey there, sorry to intrude. Hope the weed pulling made up for any rudeness on my part here. So I am Gray Raxis, and who might you be? If you do mind telling me that is." He wasn't sure who she was. He had heard about the temple but there was no mention of someone living here. The information wasn't that detailed though so who knew what all was going on with the place.

Gray continued to remain seated as he waited for her to respond. Whisper, the crystal in his saber, began to hum at the woman through the force. It was hard to tell exactly what it was humming about but it was a mixture of excitement and panic. Gray tried to calm down the little gem through a wave of calming energy through the force. He still couldn't figure out why the little crystal was so odd, but he also kind of liked it. It was like having a little companion with him at all times.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Her hand came up and grabbed at the man's helmet for a few seconds, turning him to the side to side as if looking at him through it and frowning. "Hmph...When will one with experience show up. Im a bit tired of children appearing and thinking this place is abandoned... granted it is and im dead but still." Her body fell back as she sighed and seemed to just lay there without addressing any of the information he had given to her or telling him anything about herself. Infact she almost seemed to have just passed out then and there and in addition to this fact the small form of an Ashlan wolf appeared from her robe like kimono, its body sitting on her chest and staring down at her before looking at Gray and tilting its head.

The entire scene done then and there, not a moment of movement from the woman who's eyes were now closed and her hands behind her head like she was taking a break from a long day of work.

Gray was very confused by what this woman was doing. She seemed to be the impulsive type or maybe just had a process that he didn't understand. He watched her suddenly fall back after speaking about him being inexperienced and he couldn't exactly argue with her. A wolf suddenly popped up out of nowhere as the woman closed her eyes. He chuckled a bit when he saw this. He said, " A wolf? Well I call myself that some times, so that is funny. I am inexperienced though like you said, so sorry about that. Didn't exactly find out when I was young that I was sensitive so I am a little behind by this point. Course nothing about my training has been formal or normal." He smiled as he looked at the scene in front of him. It reminded him of some of those weird dreams he had from time to time. He just watched for a bit before he said to the wolf, " Well pretty girl, is it alright with you if I rub your head a bit?"

OOC: Gray isn't wearing his armor. He is in casual clothing as mentioned in the first post. Probably missed it though in the lengthy opening.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

OOC: .... My eyes today, i swear.

"Unless you are talking to me, that wolf is a Guy... he also says you smell, though im sure thats mostly jealousy in the fact that you might mean me..." Her head popped up a bit to look at the wolf as it turned its eyes on her, almost as if scowling. "Oh no, you deserve that for stealing my steak earlier... don't give me that. So i sprayed you with water the day before..." She and the wolf seemed to start a staring contest for a moment before looking back at the man as one. "Anyways, either way he'd probably try and take a quick bite out of your hand, so id refrain from rubbing mine or his head."

With that her head moved to rest back on the ground and her hand reached over to grab at a stone, which she proceeded to throw up and down infront of her face. "By the way, my name is Alexandra, this is Daeda. The dead might as well give their names, as little as it matters. No?" Her hand stopped the stone as it hit her hand upon the finishing of the question, waiting for a response from him without looking at him this time.

She was, as far as the word can go, a strange one. Granted at this point she had enough visitors these days that it was a bit necessary in order to try to keep them away, but to tell the truth she was a bit tired and bored these days. Most that came here thought she was a force ghost and while she never spoke otherwise, in truth she was every bit alive as the man infront of her. Granted, unlike the man infront of her, she had died once but hey, whats one death among her and the force... She really needed to talk with it later, something to keep on her mind.

OOC: No worries! I just figured I would point it out. I've lost little details in longer posts before so I understand.

Gray just watched the wolf and the woman as they did their thing. Whisper hummed to him as he sat there listening to her. It seemed like the gem wanted to talk to her, but also wanted her to go away. He didn't think the gem knew what it wanted, and sent a calming wave to it through the force. This seemed to work because the gem went back to humming contently like it normally did when it was near him. He wasn't sure what to take of the woman still, but he knew she wasn't a ghost. He had been around enough weirdness to have a sense for it by this point, and she looked very real when he looked at her through the force. He just smiled at her as she finished her little action with the rock.

Gray said after a moment, " Well it is a pleasure to meet you Alexandra. The dead have no reason to do anything for the living though if you ask me. They have plenty of their own stuff going on to worry about if you ask me. Course I don't know much about the dead, so I could be wrong. I'll keep in mind not to pet either of you though. Don't think my girlfriend would appreciate me petting another woman though, so might have just saved my life." He just kept smiling as he sat there cross legged for a moment before he added, " Well if you don't mind, I think I will go back to trying to get these weeds out of this garden. Be a shame to let such a pretty place like this go to the wilds."

Gray stood up and patted the dirt and grass off of his pants before he went back to the weeding. He still wasn't sure why he felt the need to do this task, but he did. He kind of felt like the temple needed a bit of attention, especially if someone was going to live in it. He said as he worked, " If you want to talk to me while I work feel free to. Nothing stopping me from both weeding and talking at the same time."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Her eyes tracked the man as he moved and went back to weeding her garden and for the time she took it to simply lay there and take in the air around her. Slow small breaths that broke her silence every so often with eyes scanning at the nothing behind her eyelids. She could hear him working and for a while she didn't say anything as she was far more interested in this person's internal parts rather than what he had to say. Her mind would stretch out and her body would go still as her mind left her body, looking on his form as it simply shifted and picked apart his aura. Her eyes now looked around, separate from her body and she smiled at the small aura this one gave off as it was neither dark nor light solely, but rather something far more inbetween.

Her eyes drew in the sight of this man's aura for a bit longer before her breath returned and her physical eyes drew open again, rising as she sat up. "Hmm... Tell me, why did you come here in particular? I don't normally get your ilk as visitors and in recent times its been mostly Jedi who stumbled upon my home. Yet you hold your time here in such a way that makes me truly wonder what brought you to this place outside of your interest in tending my garden."

Gray continued to work on tending the garden in silence. She didn't seem to want to talk to him, but he could feel her presence through the force studying him. This was his first time dealing with a more spiritual type of force user. The others he had come across were all more of the fighting type and didn't use the force in the way she had been. He found that interesting, but he didn't want to push her for anything she wasn't willing to offer. He hadn't come here after all for answers or to find her specifically. He had come here for another reason.

Gray finally felt her stopping her investigation of him and she suddenly asked him a question. He kept working as he thought of how to answer that question for her. He figured the answer was going to be odd, but she was an odd person so it all worked out. He said as he worked on pulling a particularly tough weed out of the ground, " I just sort of felt called to come here after I learned about the temple. I can't really say why I felt called or for what reason. I just felt drawn here so I showed up. I felt like the garden needed to be cleaned up so that is what I am doing. Not much of an answer I know, but its what is going on." He pulled the weed out of the ground and went to work on the next one. He just kept on his task of cleaning the garden up.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"You were called because the Force called you..." She started before smiling and holding up a finger incase he tried to respond to that cliche statement. "[member="Gray Raxis"], I view the force as a friend, infact i talk with it on a daily basis in a way that my connection with my Ashlan Wolf companion had taught me. Its a base form of communication, feelings and thoughts rather than words like how you and i converse... maybe im just nuts and i cant actually commune with it but i suspect that it can talk with us as a being in its own right. And as for why this place... The Force manifests a part of its lighter half in the tree there, while it can manifest its darkside in places like Korriban and Dromund Kass."

She knew what she had said, and if he caught it he would probably stare at her with even more confusion as she was insinuating that the dark and the light are both a part of a single force, simply two halves that belonged to the same being which was no different than him or her. To alexandra, she asked for any power that was given to her by the force. She did not see herself as a tool or see the force as something he could bend to her will. Instead she saw it as a friend and companion just like the Ashlan Wolf that kept her company and watched over her as she did him. And all while she said this only her eyes moved to look at the man, her body still and silent in any movements or breathing.

Gray listened to her speak about why he was here. She said he was called by the force to be here, and he couldn't really argue against it. He hadn't thought of it that way, but it seemed kind of obvious that was what had happened when she pointed it out to him. He was really beginning to realize how little he knew about the force, although he already kind of knew that before hand. He could tell he didn't have a grasp on it at all and it only felt like it got worse the more he did learn. He had tried to learn as much as he could from every source he had come across. He had gone to the library of the Awoken. He had spoken with several jedi. He had read some sources over it that had included the one that lead him to here. He needed to learn more about it if he wanted to ever get a grasp over himself.

Gray continued to tend to the garden as he listened to her speak. When she finished he had to ponder what she said for a moment. He had caught what she had said about the lighter half of the force, and it did get him thinking. He had always vaguely felt that the whole light side and dark side concepts were not exactly right. Why would something all binding be split into two separate entities and still be considered a whole? How could someone decide to change sides if they were truly separate? He had wondered this during his meditations and now it seemed he was being brought to some kind of new answer than he had gotten. He said as he continued to work, " Tell me about the force. You seem to understand it in a way different than the others I have interacted with. I want to learn everything I can about the force. I need to learn everything. So please, tell me about the force."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"The force..." She smiled as he wanted to know more about it and for a moment she felt alot younger. It felt like years turned backwards and her mind was bring her back to what she had once done in so many times. "It is hard to explain what the force is, or tell you about it. I am not like the sith or jedi that can chop down such a thing like it to something that guides me or that i can bend to my will like a tool. It is its own being just as you and I are and for that fact I could never truly speak for it without you touching it and hearing its voice for yourself..." She sighed as it had been years since she had taught someone. This was like trying to turn back clockwork to all her old lessons.

"Jedi and Sith believe there is a fine line in the force. A light and a dark. This fact is true mostly, though i would not say the line is as fine as they would like to make it out to be. I myself dedicate myself to the Ashlan half of the being we call the force. The light side as it would be called more simply, though im sure you could have guessed that by now. But i also have touched the darker half of the Force and that side is no different from my current choice. No it does not control purpose but rather the methods you use to achieve that purpose. That is what the light and dark are. Not good and evil, but rather like your and my own emotions, the emotions of the Force. The darkside is its pain, anger, rage, and suffering where the light is its compassion and caring side. Just like any human, the force has these emotions and far more."

Gray kept on pulling weeds as his focus was mostly on what the woman had to say to him. He took in every word she had for him and began to process it. He was having a hard time figuring out the force as it was, and what she had to say just made it more confusing. He felt like what she said was just more of what he had been feeling about the force for some time now. He never did feel like he was dealing with two different entities, but rather just felt differences in the same force. He had even seen dark side users wielding supposed light side abilities and vice versa. He had even seen both using the same sort of abilities such as telekinesis, sight, speed, and physical enhancement. It sort of felt like some things did click or at least get confirmed as she finished speaking. This trip was turning out well for him even if it ended here. It gave him plenty to think on already.

Gray stopped to take a break in his weeding. He had spent some time mulling over what she had to say to him. He said as he looked over at her, " That sounds about like what I have experienced so far. Not a divided entity, but a singular one with different sides to it. I don't know about others, but I haven't been aware of my own sensitivity to the force for long. I haven't been aware, but I can look back on my life and see how it has guided and aided me for my entire life. It was speaking to me, and I was listening to it without ever being aware of it. It was as if it was there with me like a member of my family along with my parents.... And it was with me after they were gone......"

Gray had to stop speaking when he mentioned his parents. He thought he had accepted their deaths, but the moment he brought the subject of them up he realized how much he was not. He knew it hadn't been that long since it had happened, but he knew how dangerous it could be if he didn't. He had spent some time in a very dark place for about a year, and he regretted it even now. He went back to the weeding to try and distract himself from the feelings of sorrow and some deep seated anger began to surface once again. He always fought against that darker side of himself, scared of letting it loose again like he had during that dark time in his history.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

She looked at the man and sighed as her hand twisted, waving him to the side. "That pain and sadness will be a drag to you in the end, dark or light side it can make you reckless in your plans and actions. And before you dare think about saying anything in response, ive lost the same as you in the terms of family so i want you to think carefully before you assume." Her hand lowered back to her face as she rubbed her eyes and stared at her palm. "Sorry, its a pain being around someone after this amount of time, im used to animals that do not speak and do not assume. Its just odd being around another sentient creature outside of the tiny wolf you might see move from place to place while you are here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom