Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Grand Temple of Ax'no

Status
Not open for further replies.
gWYwovDl.jpg

Name: The Grand Temple of Ax’no

ImageSource: http://theartofanimation.tumblr.com/post/87130952443/%E5%86%B7%E8%A1%80%E7%8E%8B%E5%AD%90 (illustrator:(Jessica Smith)

Classification: Temple and primary place of worship for the Caprine species.

Location: On a high windy cliff in the Caprine villages, which lie on the outskirts of Ankhela, Iktotch

Affiliation: Briga Tiin, Priestess of Iktotch and Head Cleric at the Temple of Ax’no

Description: Built to replace the makeshift Temple of Ax’no - which had been situated in the ancient Caprine ruins on Iktotch – the majestic temple is a shrine to the Caprine goddess Ax’no, and to the Priestess of Iktotch herself. Made of Selonian marble, which gives the temple its sunflower-yellow hue, the super-structure sits on a high cliff in order to be closer to the heavenly deity of its namesake. A spiraling open staircase winds up the cliff. For the wicked, there’s no shortcut to salvation; peasants and pilgrims are required to use the steep stairs in order to enter the temple. However for more wealthy patrons and important public figures, there is a shuttle station below where transport can be used to go straight to the top. The construction itself was funded by donations from interested Caprine and Iktotchi as well as anonymous donations (Darth Prazutis, Director of Intelligence for the One Sith).

Exterior of the Temple: The Naos of the temple holds a lone, Selonian-marble statue of the goddess Ax’no, but there is room for more figures of lesser deities and whoever else the Priestess deems fit to praise. The temple is decastyle and features ten columns on all sides. Decorating the exterior are meotopes and friezes depicting the daily life of the Caprine species and feature subjects such as harvesting, fertility, worship and sparring.

Interior of the Temple: The inside of the temple boasts a grand hall where most of the sermons, chanting and worship take place. Further into the structure, there are rooms which hold baptismal fonts and large pools of water for ritual cleansing. There are other various rooms for official business, administration work and resting/reflecting. The Priestess has personal quarters in the temple with a balcony that has expansive views of the Iktotch valley below. There are also quarters for various servants and her three cherished handmaidens: Livna, Toole and Saira.

Interior of the cliff: A secure hideout can be found inside the actual cliff. There are no turret defenses on the exterior, but the interior has been built with blast-resistant materials impervious to ordinary munitions. Orbital bombardment and repeated pummeling with explosions would probably be able to damage the walls and eventually lead to infiltration. The bunker inside serves as Briga’s base of operations for any other affairs that are unrelated to the Temple. Both the underground lair and the temple itself had been built by slaves smuggled in from the Pacanth Reach. They constructed tunnels into the rock and lay durasteel atop them over top of them in certain areas to create secret and soundproof areas that only Briga and a select few know about.

Surrounding the cliff: The Priestess and Darth Prazutis had underground rivers re-routed and pools dug in by the slaves to create a warm-pooled grotto in a series of nearby caves. This is another location where esteemed individuals can go to meditate, bathe and reflect on the glory of Ax’no.

Intent: As a location where the Priestess can conduct her sermons, a place of worship for the Caprine species and a home/operational structure for Briga Tiin herself.

Development: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/83468-divine-intervention/

Not at all, but if I need a History section I can draw one up. :)

Basically Briga is rebuilding her Temple so it's not on the site of some dilapadated ruins, but I'm happy to flesh this out more.

[member="Reverance"]

[member="Briga Tiin"]

The history section is entirely optional. However, with something like this, the sub feels a bit naked without it (though each of your components mentioned its here and there). So it's up to you. If you would prefer to go without it, that's fine.

I guess I'm okay without it? Briga basically rebuilt her temple so it wasn't on the grounds of an ancient ruins.

Let me know if I need to elaborate, otherwise I won't add to the sub :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom