Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Golden Saber - Madeline

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Madeline listened patiently, waiting for him to finish before she spoke. "I wish very much that it wasn't this way. I worry, you know. I really do." Sighing, she always did that as another followed her words. "Akio .." She stopped, and corrected herself, "Emperor Kahoshi, has a few things to answer for. I will have an answer." Not only was she and the Emperor close, laws had been made, she was the second in line for the throne, lest an heir be born. If Akio Kahoshi were to die tomorrow, she would become Empress overnight. Locking the criminal elements of their family out of the throne. The legacy of the good Kahoshi's would continue. Not the criminal ones.

Maddie actually seemed taken aback by his words. It was never a thought that crossed her mind. It never had. For a moment she stood thinking, he had the force to call on for guidance, comfort. Something she lacked, at least as far as the woman knew. Truth be told she was a mild force sensitive, and even if it was ever discovered it was likely she'd be completely useless with it. "I'm not sure. I think, I cling to the hard facts, science. Things I can see, touch and know in my heart to be true and lastly I trust my gut. It's been right more than a few times."

She glanced to the compressor with worry written in her eyes. "It's ready now." She spoke softly. "Just please ... Be careful." Those simple words so full of concern, of fears. She worried, often too much.

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Trusting your gut always works," I agreed. "Your instincts will never fail you." The compressor gave off a steady, pulsating hum. The display indicated it was ready, and Madeline's words only confirmed that fact.

"Just please ... Be careful."
"I'll be fine," I assured her. "Today, you will see just what the Force is capable of." With those ominous words I stepped passed her, and into the compressor, the solid rock of carbon floating dutifully alongside me.

It was like stepping into another world. The weight pressing down on my shoulders was enough to flatten a man into paste, and the scorching heat could've melted metal. A lesser man would've died instantly. If I'd doubted I would succeed, I would've died. This wasn't a parlor trick, like levitating papers or even hearing thoughts; the power to withstand such intense forces was the strength to rend steel and shatter bone. I pulled the Force into myself, hoarded it greedily, emitting wave upon wave of kinetic energy to buffer the pressure and scatter the heat.

I'd expected more strain, more difficulty, but it seemed my trials -- defeating the Darkside Adept on Gromas 16, drawing with the Jedi Master on Ilum, prevailing against the Sith Master on Kashyyk, slaying the Klaxxi on Csilla -- had strengthened my connection to the Force almost two fold. I felt invincible. Impervious. Indomitable.

I gripped the rapidly crumbling carbon ore in metaphysical hands and settled on the floor in the classic meditative posture. The Force was like a universe unto itself, and I its celestial guiding hand. I pulled in all the joy I felt at knowing I had Madeline's acceptance, pulled in her joy as well, and reached into the black abyss to rekindle the flames of our pain and despair, harnessing our worries and anxieties just as I harnessed our love and compassion. The resulting energy was both light and dark, neither good, nor bad. It simply was. I fed that energy with a steady stream of power pulled from the Force, felt it blossom as a flower in spring, and guided the resulting energy into the burgeoning crystal.

I would continue as such for the next four days.

@[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]​

@[member="Cronos Aegir"] (So sorry it took so long to post)

"They are all I have." She gave a small shrug, "And sometimes, sometimes you just have to work with what you got." This whole thing worried her to no end, and there was nothing, and no one who could comfort her. Nothing would ease her fears and worry.

Her eyes glancing from him, to the compressor, and back again. "I don't like this." She said softly, feeling her heart start to race. Worried, was a bit of an understatement. And then he started to step inside. "Don't!" Maddie's eyes widened, reached for him but stopped. It was too late for her to do anything, and all she could do was stand there and stare in disbelief.

There was nothing she could say, nothing she could do. Standing there, dumbfounded, for a long while. Helpless, she felt utterly helpless. After a few hours of pacing outside, she went and found a blanket, and a pillow, and turned the exam table into a makeshift bed. She wasn't leaving him, not now. And even as she lay there hours passed before she fell asleep and then it was only from sheer exhaustion of being awake for over twenty four-hours. A process she would repeat until he came out.

Qhorin Solas

Q
Ninety-six hours in the compressor proved less taxing than I'd originally thought. Still, by the time the machine pinged to indicate it's cycle was over, I was thoroughly exhausted, as if I'd run for a thousand miles and swam for a thousand more. It almost hurt to open myself to the Force, for too long had I channeled it's raging waters, straining myself beyond anything I had previously known. Even my fight on Kashyyk hadn't been as tiring.

The golden crystal clenched in my palm, however, was more than worth the fatigue. It was beautiful, with a brilliant polish and a wicked gleam. It resonated with each beat of my heart, pulsating in tandem with my breath; it occupied my vision as I dragged myself out of the compressor, up until I noticed Madeline laying across the examination table, her worry still evident in the Force.

I knew she would worry about me, but I hadn't considered just how much. From what I could see, she hadn't even left the lab...

"Maddie?" Wake up... We needn't stay any longer. She needed food, and proper rest.

So did I.

@[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]​
(OOC: It's fine. I know you've been busy.))​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom