Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The God Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.
d9e6a2c994ef421c3f2fa3bd3cd.jpg

Source
Name: God Killers
Intent: a military unit trained to take on force-users
Availability: Rare.
Quality: A-Elite
Type: Infantry soldier
Strength: 8--2 Squads of 4. There are a total of 50 Godkillers in existence.
Dev threads:
Creating the god killers
Fighting to the Death
The Heart of our Lord
Description:

"The Force Users have power beyond measure, power we never will. In the old days they called these beings 'gods.' Even the gods are mortal."
For eons without end the galaxy has been dominated by Force Users of various types and orientations. From Sith who created empires in their own name to Jedi who claimed to war against them, these beings have claimed and dominated the power scene. For most non-force users this has left them with the "Choose your dictator" sort of lifestyle.

But if given the choice, many would wish to have neither as their God and lord. And from this, Ardgal created the god killers. Soldiers from across the galaxy apply for this unit, and with the endless wars being caused by rising and falling governments there honestly is no short supply of unemployed warriors. Some join out of a need for work, most out of a desire for vengeance. The applicants are hand selected based on a thorough background and analysis check. They are medically tested for high midichlorians counts, vetted for any contrasting ideals that could counteract the program, and cross examined thoroughly for any possible conflicting loyalties. Only after passing this extensive test are the applicants allowed to become recruits and be admitted into the current training location.

Here in Hell Camp the recruits undergo the hardest six months of their lives. Every waking hour they are pushed beyond their limits mentally, physically and emotionally. The drop out rate is incredibly highly, some of the failed applicants are highly decorated. There are injuries and even a few fatalities. However, the best and strongest survive. In Hell Camp they learn to think, act, and react as one within the squad. They are highly trained with unconventional weaponry that is highly effective against force users; sonic rifles, slug throwers, flame throwers, sonic grenades, and so on.

"You fight. You stand. You resolve yourself. Good. But you can't do this solo."

The most important things the god killers learn is not how to shoot a gun or throw a grenade, however, it is team work. Each squad comes to know each other better than blood brothers. They learn to strike the same opponent on multiple fronts with different weapons, effectively overwhelming even the most OP Jedi or Sith over time. Sure they may be able to dodge one slug thrower, redirect a flame, toss a grenade back, or power through a sonic attack--but only the strongest masters could do all four at once from multiple fronts over and over again. Even lightsabers have their limitations and these soldiers are taught it through and through. Water shorts out most of these blades. In the event that wouldn't work--the arm can always be broken, especially when another is striking at the knees, another at the throat and two others at the spine and other arm. The tactic still remains the same as ranged combat--to overwhelm the combatant.

But a warrior unable to guard his mind is able to be overcome by even the tiniest padawan. To prepare these warriors for the fight, they are trained to know what telepathic meddling feels like and how to help stone wall against it. Of course, a sufficiently trained master could by pass their will. However, not just any old padawan or Knight could walk up and handwave a squad of god killers away.

"To kill a god you have to become an Anathema."

The god killer program culminates in what is called the "Anathema Conversion." The recruits are put through biological engineering and shaping to become stronger, faster, and more aware than most beings in the galaxy. Only humans and near humans are able to survive the process due to the DNA lack of complexity. For obvious reasons, Force-sensitive soldiers are unable to survive this process either. Anything that is not human or near-human would be killed in a very painful and terrible fashion or in the very least be hospitalized for life. Even still, survival is not guaranteed for humans and near humans. Some do die, others are comatose for life or rendered mentally retarded by the process. Those who emerged were superhuman in the real sense of the word. But Ardgal, being a god of war was still not satisfied with this. He wanted beings unaffected by the Force to combat the Force Users of all variety, all stripes and effects.

To this end he contacted [member="Dredge"], a god in his own right or a devil, Ardgal could not tell. The general paid him, costing his own right hand rather than monetary effects for the process. What the dark one wanted with his hand, Ardgal did not want to know or find out. He was sure with a person of that level of insanity and cruelty--well, he didn't want to know. The Vong shaped these Godkillers, all fifty of them were changed in a fate that was horrifically cruel but necessary. Being Force Dead, they are unable to be felt by the Force, to have the Force used against them, or in anyway able to use the Force.
"The Scars, the run deep. Across my mind, across my body. I sold my soul to become a godkiller. I sold everything I had to be able to avenge those I lost. What little was left was stripped from me. I will never stop paying that price. Regular soldiers ask me if t was worth it. If I regret it. Never. Not one second."
Those who survive are changed, but not all in the best ways. Most god killers suffer from PTSD either from their past, the process, or what they have done as a unit. They require extensive, expensive, and constant psychiatric evaluation. Most lack any form of social life, social skills or desire to cultivate said skills. Their ability to relate to others outside of their squads has become botched due to brain alterations. A constant restlessness, like ADD on steroids ravages their minds. The god killers become bored easily are highly competitive, and as such can tend to become destructive. This tenancy leaves experts to recommend expensive sedation that interferes with all mental, physical, and social actions. This means when they aren't primed for battle they are of little more use than paper weights. These sedatives are highly addictive, many god killers are sucked into the drug culture. The route for those who do not want their warriors turning into drug addicts is cryogenic freezing while they are not in combat. Obviously, when in this state the soldiers are helpless, it takes quite a while to thaw out (15 mins minimum). Speeding this process up can be fatal or in the least result in serious internal injury. After this it takes more time for the god killers to become re-oriented from cyro-sickness and such (15 more minutes minimum, more for hot environments, null gravity and other strange circumstances). Before they recover, these soldiers are by no means in fighting condition.

There are even more downfalls to the god killers, it should be noted; armies survived based on morale and unity. God killers are not favored by most of the army units because of their gruff, unloving ways. God killers also prefer to work alone--or only with other god killer units. Their ego is massive. They have to be kept on a tight leash; if given the opportunity they can and will go autonomously hunt down the force users who wronged them before their training. Lastly, the god killers are sterile and incapable of reproduction. The hormonal imbalances that have been caused upon their bodies makes passing their genetic material (and thereby their mutations) onto the rest of the galaxy.

"I suppose in the end the gods win. They always win. For to be a god killer is to die. Every day. Every minute. Every second. We die. So others can live."

Links:
Flame thrower
Slug thrower
Fireball Incendiary ammunition
CMO2-06
Matrix Armor
Sonic Rifle
Sonic Grenade
Frag grenade
Thermal Detonator
P-6 Explosive Package
Force Dead
Cryogenic freezing

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

So Elite units almost always require development, and considering the amount of tech, their specialties to fight Force users, and their being rendered Force Dead... I'm going to ask for a 30 post dev thread of quality posts to get the unit as is. You do have the options of getting rid of the Force Dead process to lower dev down to 20 quality posts, and to get 10 posts eliminate some of the tech as well. The choice is yours.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Alright the last change I need done is something I just noticed. You have these guys as a very elite unit to fight Force Users, but have their availability as common. I'm going to need that knocked down to Rare please

This is a well written sub and I appreciate the work and effort that's gone into it. However, the only canon method of turning something Force Dead is through Vongshaping.

I cannot in good faith approve this submission on the basis of "genetic engineering" that cannot be substantiated by either SW canon and is not an approved process subbed through the Factory.

Remove the Force Dead and I will approve the submission. If your "genetic engineering process" is approved through Factory, this submission can be modified at a later date to reflect this.
OR
Do 20 posts of development on the Vongshaping process with a PC Vong character of turning these soldiers Force Dead and edit in the Vong elements to reflect the process.

Either way, if you insist on using Force Dead elements, I will require a hard limit on their numbers and it may not exceed 50.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

One of my CJs pointed out that this thread was still locked the other day. I have unlocked it so that you may make the necessary edits. Please tag me when you have completed them and your dev.

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Thank you very much for your patience. Sorry the other poster had some RL-incidents arrive. The thread is tagged up as the third from the top under the dev threads for the force dead attribute.

Total: 50-something posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom