Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Gilded Tower

So I had a thought while looking over the new economy system that eventually led me to make Vex. I think it'd be neat to have a group of characters dedicated to using this new system to control IC trade and do fun underworld banking/blackmarket shenanigans.

The basic inspiration is two-fold. At the moment, my character seeks to make a John Wick style criminal economy - except maybe one that makes a little more sense. We will see. Anyway, for those of you not familiar with the movies or just don't know what I mean, I think it'd be fun if there existed an organization that facilitated the Underworlds need for financial structure in a galaxy as turbulent as Chaos'.

The basic concept right now is that The Gilded Tower will consolidate trade routes to put the squeeze on legitimate governments - all the while turning around and using those resources to start an unrivaled black market trade/shipping business to work with other Underworld organizations. Then, when this is up and going, begin offering underground banking services and eventually begin its own economy using credits that are purchased like shares or earned through work. The value will fluctuate based solely on the whims of The Gilded Tower when it comes to turning it in for an exchange rate, but it comes with the benefit of all the protection and safety one has when dealing within the Gilded Tower's network.

Sort of how the Continental system seems to work in John Wick. Sure, you still want and need regular credits to operate in the galaxy...but you want black market blasters with almost zero risk? Go to The Tower. Lodging that can be trusted? The Tower. Etc.

The details of that system are not concrete, just an idea at the moment. This whole faction is simply an idea going in the direction of an interesting topic, and I wanted to have the opportunity of making it a collaborative process. There are no plans to go major, but there are also no plans to stay minor. Here is the description page with some more details for any who are interested!

0UKyJAf.png

Once again, the markets of the Outer Rim have collapsed in the face of calamity. As another galactic government fails, we find ourselves facing an evident truth...courts, parliaments and banks will not protect our credits, business or trade. It is time that the cold, calculating hand of finance swept in and set things right for the hardworking executives of the Outer Rim.

The law has failed to protect our investments, so we protect ourselves.
anB2yCT.png

The Gilded Tower blurs the lines between criminal enterprise, corporate government and trade collective. The Gilded Tower is best described as a cabal of economic interests - both corporate and criminal - who have agreed to work towards creating an environment in the Outer Rim that best suits their greedy ends. While its members all play the same game, they do not necessarily play for the same team.

Profit is, after all, the primary motivator for its members. While they may never directly undermine one another, they are by no means inclined to share in their lucrative ventures without tangible benefit. The primary strategy employed by The Gilded Tower is the consolidation of legitimate and illegitimate trade routes, as well as control of local economies through banks, corporate buyouts and old-fashioned piracy. The more the black market and local economies rely on The Gilded Tower, the easier it is to ensure that no one dares undermine their combined interests.
49rL8Bi.png

There are two distinct levels of membership to the organization - The Towers and The Foundation. The Foundation is a collective term for mercenaries, private armies, gangs or other privileged members whose influence is not great enough to have a say major decisions. The Towers are power players within the organization and can be anything from individuals, to corporations or criminal enterprises. These powerful members hold a seat at The High Table, the think tank that guides all Gilded Tower operations.

To ensure that all Towers within the organization continue to work towards shared benefit, each is given a single share in an underworld currency being developed by The Ivory Tower, the de-facto chairman of the High Table. This currency seeks to act as a universal underworld currency completely controlled by The Gilded Tower and can resist the dramatic shifts of the standard galactic currencies.

hajhmCG.png

As a community, The Gilded Tower seeks to make the best use of the upcoming Age of The Underworld systems planned by staff. With the new economy mechanics coming into place it only makes sense that a faction should exist to help take full advantage. At the moment, there are no concrete plans to go major or stay minor - these are all decision that can be made as we grow our stories. As it stands, this faction serves only to create an interesting environment for seedy characters who take an interest in shady business. As we grow, we want to incorporate more ideas in the greater whole and help add weight to the site's new economy system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom