Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future Is Here

It was a cold day today, perhaps it was because it was in the early moments before the sun graced the planet where the base was. Galven was up, bright and early, ready to continue the day. He wanted to start a meeting since today would dawn a new age for his faction. Not a large meeting, but an important one. He was standing in the hangar with the blast doors open. He reached over to feel the blast doors, remembering only a short time ago they were damaged and out of place.

The Head Engineer and Scientist slowly approached, saluting the Supreme Imperator. "Greetings sir," the head engineer spoke up. "You called for us today?"

"Yes..." Galven said, slowly leaning back up to see his fellow people. "Today, we start a little project of mine. We found many designs of ships from that databank we have on the lower levels, the server room. It's only partial data. But I want to make it."

"Would it be the one you took a special liking to, sir?" Realizing he may have been speaking boldly, the Engineer asked.

"Yes, that precise one. I know we don't have a shipyard large enough, but we can create the drydock for it. Let's start by dismantling the two Vigil's and the Gladiator..."

The scientist raised an eyebrow as the engineer spoke his concerns. "A-are you sure, sir? That Gladiator-class is our mainstay ship, our only warship..."

Galven nodded with a small as he looked out of the hangar towards the atmosphere, with the blast doors lowered. "We can put it up there, beside our space stations. Dismantling the ships would also provide us with the much needed materials and devices we need for use on the ship." He said, turning back to the two. "What do you think? A much better... grander ship, to be the representative of our name and fleets? The ship I command?" He asked, clasping his hands together.

The scientist knew it wouldn't be hard to collaborate on such a project, especially since they had everything they needed, but they looked over to the engineer, who was running scenarios and checking numbers, as the usual. "I think... we'll only need to buy some materials. The Vigil's could provide a lot for the drydock, and the Gladiator would prove a lot for the ship we would be planning. We just don't know how long it will take. Is there a limited time, sir?"

Galven shook his head, "I think... get it done, should suffice, yes? I mean," He smiled, giving a bit of a laugh. "You can take all the time you need, but remember I'm only human, I don't have twice the lifespan, people." The Scientist and the Engineer grinned.

"And after, we can celebrate. Why don't we invite dignitaries to the party as well? I mean, who doesn't like a little bit of drinking and free food?" Quickly, Galven's expression changed for concern. "We do... have the funds for such a thing, don't we?"

The two looked shocked from that question, obviously the scientist didn't have to watch over that, so again... the engineer had to do all of that work. "I think we can... arrange for something sir. We can expend ourselves a little, I believe we can more than make up for it."

Galven nodded a few times with a smile, walking towards the two and resting his arms on their shoulders as he passed them, taking them with him. "Perfect, that sounds great. Of course, you two can attend... and mingle, if you'd like. Now... how about I show you the designs of the ship, and we can get started from there?"

"This all sounds wonderful sir, have you any idea what would be served at the party?" The scientist perked up, "Do we even know about classy foods? This is a classy party right?" The engineer chuckled, joking with Galven.

"I think I know a little bit, I mean, I know enough to get by. We'll try to serve everything we can, alright?"

-----​
It had been a few days since the discussion happened about the project-to-be, but already the construction had started. Slowly but surely, the dismantling of the Vigil's and the Gladiators was commencing. For this moment, their largest ships were Redeemers, and they didn't even have very many of those yet. Galven was aboard one of the space stations that was beside the soon-to-be drydock that would construct the large command ship. He was watching out the view port of the space station overlooking the drydock.

The Head Engineer approached Galven after exiting one of the shuttles. They had enough engineers to get this done without the head engineer for a little while. They had their instructions, designs, they knew what they were doing.

"Excuse me, Supreme Imperator."

"Have I told you what you mean to me?" Galven asked, still watching out the view port, watching the shuttles move around and pull materials. "It's because of you we can grow, we can do... this," he said, stretching his hands out to point at the construction area. "And the scientist, to make new weapons, materials, anything." He turned around. It's because of both of you I can do all of this. Without you, I'd be clueless. The best I can do is lead a fleet to war, but I want more than that, I don't want to just kill. I want to create."

The engineer smiled and nodded, "Thank you sir. You know, I joined you because I could see that from you." He saluted.

Galven gave a small, quiet applaud, approaching the Head Engineer before reaching out to shake his hand. "Well, I'm sure this isn't a sappy conversation, you either came up here to update me on the never ending problems, so tell me." Galven wasn't upset, it would just be another hump to over come. And as long as he had his people by his side, he knew he could do it.

"It's not that, actually," he grinned, shaking the Supreme Imperators hand. "We're actually doing fine. I just wanted to let you know we're ahead of my originally anticipated schedule. The men don't have any problems either. For so many people, they actually have simple jobs. But before we started on the ship, I was curious what systems you wanted to carry over from the Vigil's and Gladiator."

Galven squinted his old eyes, looking concerned but not worried. The Engineer handed him a datapad and Galven took it to look over what items they could carry with into the new ship. "So these are the items we haven't dismantled yet?" Galven grinned looking up to the Engineer. "This feels like a game, letting me pick and choose how to upgrade or downgrade this ship."

"We thought you might like this method, sir. Yes, we haven't had to take apart many systems, I thought before we made any critical choices well... we felt like it was your ship, sir."

Galven raised his hand to plant on his Engineers shoulder and shake it slightly. "You guys do so well for me."

The engineer nodded, "Well, if we were mistreated sir... we'd be afraid of you. But I feel like even as a higher rank, I can still see you as a friend, considering what we've been through, if I may be so bold."

"When it's just us, without our patches, uniforms... we... are friends, you know that. I like to separate life and work, I mean hell, sometimes I mix a little bit in everyday," He laughed a little, patting his shoulders. "I do like these options, even the weaker systems... they could counter for other larger systems." He said, pulling his hand back to make decisions of the items he wanted on the ship.

Galven finished up with his choices and gave a nod, feeling he made the good choice on the matter for what he had to choose from, handing the datapad back to him. "You know, this whole datapad thing... we do this a lot. We could possibly do this over HoloNet, but I like the formality of being in person." He said, handing the datapad back to him. "There's the choices I made, I hope things work out."

The engineer gave a slow nod, accepting the datapad back. "I find it's better for who we are, to do this like this, sir. Thanks for giving me your time."

They both shook hands once more and the engineer left to take the plans back to the men, as Galven went back to staring out the view port to watch the construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom