Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Four Key Ingredients. (PM to join).

Scene
The wind howled around a structure located in the northern hemiphere of Keseel. A land ravanged by mines, miners, pirates and other villianous creatues who sought to increase their wealth by trying their hand at spice mining.

The fortress was bursting with life, pirates ran about loading ships, slaves worked and mined, havesting as much spice as they could while they were under the influence of a drug knows as Letz. The slaves moveabout like zombies, those that fell never rose and were stepped over or trodden on by the others.

Character
Cadan sat inside an air conditioned office as he watched over the operations going on inside his facility, a smile crossing over the Duros' face as he thought of where he began. A simple alien trying to make his way selling stolen and counter fit weapons in the low levels of Coruscant. Now here he was, surrounded by his much beloved spice and operating it all to himself. All thanks to a man by the name of [member="Flannigan Mcnash"], if it wasn't for him and the motly crew of The Jackals, he wouldn't be here now.

Cadan shook the though aside, no point getting all sentimental, after all who really cared. The pirate turn business man paced his air condition office. He was wearing simple clothes and had his ever present DL-18 at his side. Upon closed inspection the words 'Sunshine' could be seen scratched into the hilt of the weapon. The skin on the right side of his face was drawn tight together and scar, thanks to an explosion that detonated a little to close for comfort.

"Tell me when the doctors ship arrives." Cadan said over the comms to a man down at the docks waiting for a scientist who would be here to assist Cadan in the creation of a new spice. A spice that would turn the most weakest of all men it the the bravest fighter.

[member="Dr Dorfheim"]

Dr Dorfheim had been out of work for as long as he could remember. His first job in years was about to begin at Kessel. Dr Dorfheim had to admit, he had never joined the spice industry before, believing only petty criminals would deal with the substances. Dr Dorfheim's wealth was all but gone and he was incredibly bored, he applied found a connection that led him to his current employer, asking to develop a new type of drug.

It was time to go. Time to start a new life. Time to make a name for himself, no matter what it took to get there.

Dr Dorfheim entered his personal ship, no bigger than a bomber, calibrated the systems and traveled to Kessel. When he arrived, it was exactly as he had read on the Holo-Net. The mining that has lasted for countless years has left any sign of physical charm gone. But the Doctor's job was not to criticise mining practises, so he flew to the designated location and opened a communications channel the fortress dock:

" I am Dr Ulius Dorfheim, I am approaching your position now. I am here to meet [member="Cadan Tazi"] about a business arrangement."

Cadan Tazi.’ That name had been going around a lot, well especially since Leo had been gathering intel on the dishonourable Duros. So now here he was, crouched outside the perimeter of the large complex, the mindless slaves, mining away at the spice veins. Cadan was bound to be somewhere here, it was just a matter of finding and exploiting him the right way. Leo pulled out a small bag of dreamdust from a secure pocket in his coat and smirked, “Here goes nothing.”

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Dr Dorfheim"]

The message of the Dr landing reached Cadan and the Duros began to make his way down to meet with him. This would be a big day for both Cadan and his business, Cadan's Cures. A smile still stuck on his face as he reach the Dr. "Welcome to Kessel Dr." Cadan said as he swung his arm around, letting the Dr see his small operation. Slaves roamed around heads down, while guards push, kicked and belittle them as the walked past. "Some people don't like it 'ere, but to me she's 'ome."

"Come to me office and we's can talk." Cadan spun on his heals and began to lead Dorfheim to his cosy office. Once reaching the room Cadan prdouce a small pouch of Nettle and began to roll it into cigarettes. "Want one? Ussualy 'elps people calm down or whatever." Cadan threw a cigarette into his mouth and began to smoke it, letting the spice flow through his body.

[member="Leo Vandermolen"] [member="Dr Dorfheim"]

"A most impressive place. I can see that you ensure good levels of efficiency in your establishment," Dr Dorfheim said as [member="Cadan Tazi"] showed the Doctor his business establishment, Cadan's Cures .

Dr Dorfheim waved away the offer of the cigarette, "No, thank you. I would prefer to keep my head clear for now. I usually only partake experimentally to learn the effects of new drugs."

"But down to business. I have heard that you desire to develop a new drug. I have assisted with the creation of several purely medicinal drugs. Without the legal constraints, the development of a new drug can be swift and cheap."

[member="Leo Vandermolen"]

Leo witnessed a small personal ship land in the compound, he spied a single man exit and meet up with Cadan. Unsheathing his combat knife, Leo slit a small hole in the fence, large enough to squeeze his small frame through but small enough to not be noticeable to the patrolling guards of the compound who were too stupid to notice a skrill if it was three meters in front of them. Keeping close to the fence, Leo dashed to a nearby guard, subduing him and dragging his unconscious body behind a nearby building. Leo was going to have to complete his task quickly, before he woke up less he sound the alarm and Leo's entire plan be ruined. Leo planned his next move...

[member="Dr Dorfheim"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan pushed the rest of the nettle aside and continued to smoke his. "This 'elps clear me 'ead." The spicer let out a pume of smoke from his mouth, the grey smoke spirialing up into the air vents.

"You 'eard right. It's gonna make anyone who uses it stong enough and fearless enough to rip the 'air right of a wookie's back." Cadan pulled out a datapad from his desk. Four different tabs seemed to be open, each with a seperate spice on it and a list of its affects. "I got four spices to combine, and I gots no idea 'ow to do it." The spices on the datapad included Neutron Pixie, Pyrepenol, Yarrock and Booster Blue.

"I got an endless supply of these and we can get any resource ya need. You say the word mate and I can get ya it." Cadan ran his finger around the desk, pushing aside the small flecks of ash that had fell onto the table. "So whatcha think?"

A drug that improves mental and physical capabilities... the side effects could be horrendous, but the benefits could outweigh the risks. "A most interesting combination. I will just need to break all the spices into their basic chemical components. I will need several samples of your purest spices, a sanitary lab and a test chamber with subjects to test the new spice on as I develop it. I can't give you any deadline, as the experimentality of this could cause it take some time to synthesize."

"I will write reports on progress as I complete each stage."

[member="Cadan Tazi"], [member="Leo Vandermolen"]

Leo donned the guards clothes, taking flight into the center of the courtyard. The area was dotted with slaves, mindlessly working away at the spice mines. They had been burned away to nothing but an empty husk, their lives dependent of the use of some drug or another. Leo paced the courtyard, observing the locations and patrol paths of the guards, making a mental note of the entrances and exits to the surrounding buildings. It was time for his plan to take fruition.

[member="Dr Dorfheim"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan nodded his understanding towards [member="Dr Dorfheim"]. "I can get ya all of those, I already got a lab 'ere if you wanna use it. If not you can take the spice and 'ead to your own lab, under my protection of course." Cadab took in another large draw from the cigarette before putting it out. "The subjects are another easy thing ta get. You'd be surprised what some people'll do for another 'it of spice." Cadan smile, the amount of people that he could bring in for testing would defintly be enough for the 'good' Dr.

So far, Leo's adventures had gone unoticed. Only time would tell if the guard's realise that one of their own was missing. Although the guards changed so regularly that it would be difficult to tell who's missing or who is a new recruit.

The Doctor eyed [member="Cadan Tazi"] carefully, he wondered what he would truly gain from this, besides wealth. Dr Dorfheim took a deep breath in, ready to begin. "Excellent, I will get to work immediately. I imagine your labs will be sufficient." Dr Dorfheim stood up, ready for directions to a lab. "I imagine my payment will be equivalent to the quality of my work. I will not disappoint you."

"I imagine my payment will be equivalent to the quality of my work. I will not disappoint you." This petty fool was working for that scum-bag. Leo had observed the duo enter the larger of the buildings and knew Cadan's office would be there. He made his way inside, fooling one of the idiots on guard into believing that Leo was a new guard and had been assigned to guarding the door outside his office. The second guard was a little smarter, a little. He was going to have to be taken care of if Leo's plan was going to work. The guard eyed him suspiciously, realising that something was wrong. Leo couldn't subdue him without the duo in the next room noticing, a small knife slid down Leo's coat-sleeve, his fingers gripping the blade tightly. In one swift movement, Leo slipped the knife into the guards femoral artery, the blood being soaked by the chaps of his thigh. Leo's hand darted to his mouth, stopping the man from screaming a warning to Cadan or any of the other guards. The blinds to the office were closed, meaning that [member="Dr Dorfheim"] and [member="Cadan Tazi"] could not see Leo as he dragged the dead guard into a nearby maintenance closet. Taking position right outside the door, Leo began conducting his best lie to tell Cadan why there was only one guard on duty...

"Good ta 'ear." Cadan took one last draw from his cigarette and then smouthered it out in a small ash tray. "Me labs will do tha job al'ight." The Duros then rose to his feet and began for the door. "Shall we?" There seemed to be a slight spring to Cadan's step, probably a mixture of his spice and the though of bring a new spice to life. Everyone had their little ways to be happy and this was Cadan's, or at least the only one he knew. Let's face it he never really explored many other things.

As they left through the door, Cadan cleary saw one guard was missing. He had stated that he always wanted two guards outside no matter what. The Spicer turned to Leo. "Aye, where's the other guy?" Cadan's fingers danced around the DL-18 that sat holstered in his thigh holster.

Kark, Cadan had gotten out of that office faster than Leo had expected. "He 'ad to go for a piss. I fink he went out back" Leo had to admit it, it wasn't his best lie, but it was somewhat believable. He decided to throw in a, "Sir!" just for good measure. Cadan seemed like one who enjoyed feeling his authority repeated back to him. The spice lord was moving erratically as he came out with the doc, probably high on his own produce, pathetic. Leo didn't sweat it, the spice probably made Cadan a bit delusional, and the doc didn't know the procedures around here.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Dr Dorfheim"]

Cadan waved the man aside. "Give 'im a good whoppin' when 'e gets back. Better yet, send 'im to the labs, Imma need test subjects." A fitting punishment Cadan thought, the man who wasn't guarding those who would create thre drug, should obviosuly be used as a test subject.

Cadan nodded to the guards and began to head towards the labs. He already had the spice delivered, each in it's own form. A few previous attempts of his laid about, all failed.

The labs were a clean cut white series of rooms. They looked completely out of place from the surrounding base. It looked as though they were simply stolen from a medical facility. That being said, they most likely were, Cadan had request some labs and a few weeks later they were there, no questions asked. The labs had everything [member="Dr Dorfheim"] would need. "Spice is already 'ere, and I got some test subjects on the way." Cadan said as he brought the Dr into the labs.

"Clean labs... I trust that I will be undisturbed while I make this, any disturbances could be detrimental to the development. I will need the first *ahem* subject as soon as possible. I will start the experiment by mixing the spices."

From Dr Dorfheim's brief look at the base, he expected less. The lab was a bleached white it looked like it was ripped straight out of a medical facility. The lab was in better condition than most of the buildings and especially better condition than the people working at the mines. In the end, it didn't matter to the Doctor, the lowlives were already doomed, spice addiction is difficult to cure and there was no economic reason to bother.

"Now I will begin, thank you for showing me the way."

[member="Cadan Tazi"]|[member="Leo Vandermolen"]

They fell for it, and now Leo's plan had to change. They were heading towards the lab to test out some new drug, one that Leo could not let be put on the market. Leo was a bad guy, but he had morals, and he was not gonna let this spice lord earn profit from the suffering of others. Yes, he was originally going to exploit the guy out of some money or some spice he could fence of at a later date, but that wasn't going to kill anyone... anyone good. Leo waited for them to leave before heading out himself and striding over to the first guard he encountered. "Oi, the boss wants us at the lab, follow." He began walking away, the guard seemed to be drunk and only half processed what he said but followed in toe anyway. Time to do something good for a change.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Dr Dorfheim"]

Cadan drew another cigarette from his top pocket on his coat. "Take as much time ya need. If ya need more spice we got it." Cadan threw the cigarette into his mouth and lit it.

As Cadan turned to exited the labs he was greeted by a somewhat groggy guard and the other man from outside his office. "Ah, just what the Dr needed." With a quick thrust from his robotic, right arm, Cadan fist smashed into the guards face. Bone and metal collided and the metal came out on top, the guard fell to the ground unconscious and with a broken jaw. Cadan then grabbed him by the scruff of is shirt and dragged the man inside and chained him to a small table. " 'Ere's one little test for ya Doc." Cadan said as he kicked the man.

"Now you, back to me office." Cadan pointed to Leo, and the shooed him towards the office.

[member="Dr Dorfheim"] [member="Leo Vandermolen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom