Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

Nine hours had now passed since Nel announced the next great project of Vanir Technologies. Within that time she had made called upon call, contacting business men, socialites, wealthy parties, and even several galactic zoning districts. However, in that time she had also received more calls than she could count. Nira, her secretary had fended them off, though there had been some difficulty in doing so.

"Nira." She called her secretary. "Please begin channeling some of the calls to me, perhaps set a few appointments."

Vanir was stretching to independence, but that didn't mean she would rescind contact.

The truth was that such a thing was impossible. Even with corporate ties and massive amount of supplies The Foundry would eventually require support from planetary bodies. This was simply because The Foundry itself would eventually transform into a city of itself. Millions would work there and they would have to be clothed, fed, and given time for relaxation. She would require planets for that, governments that would work with her.

If she could befriend them now before construction even began then all the better.

Nel knew that things would move fast now, and she would have to be on top of them from the start. The Liran shifted in her chair, stiffening slightly as she moved to answer the first call.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan leaned back in the chair of his workshop while he sat in the darkened corner of his world. Parts, droids, generators, and all manner of projects lay about the tables as he sighed and scratched his head. "I really need to get this place organized... so much help that an AI is..." He glanced over at his 'assisstant' who was sitting in that clone body of hers, eating a bantha steak while watching him. Pausing for but a moment to wave with the knife before going back to her meal which made Solan just groan before looking at his console.

Sitting there, ready for him to connect to, was the confirmation of a small call with a certain CEO. It had been a while since he had talked to someone like that, the last being his friend and business partner Taeli Raaf... though it had been a while since they had gotten the chance to talk so this was out of the ordinary for him. Quickly straightening up and reaching down to grab the glasses from the surface of the table, he activated the call. Luckily there would not be much of anything to see from where his desk was, done not to hide anything in particular, simply to keep Taeli at bay with his own surprises... ok so to hide it all, but from one person rather than most.

"Hello, and who do i have the pleasure of meeting?" He raised a brow and watched as their call would connect.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

"Hello Mr. Charr." Nel had no idea if that was the way to correctly address him.

Sith, Jedi, all those traditions in the force had different names for themselves, different ways to address one another. Nel knew of Solan Charr, it was part of the research that she had done before this call, but she didn't exactly know where he fit into things. Of course she would not say that, nor did her thoughts mean any implication of insult, she was simply unaware of which traditions were followed and which titles belonged to which traditions.

She supposed that was her own failing.

"I am Madam Nel." Her lips broke into a smile. "I'm the new CEO of Vanir Technologies."

That still sounded odd to say, but the truth rang in it. She had had the company for all of half a day, and she still had to get used to that fact. "I have a proposition for your world."

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan's brow raised as he saw the woman before him. It was a surprise to say the least mostly because he did not recognize her species in the slightest. She was unique for sure and to make it so high in the galaxy made him immediately interested in her as a intellectual side thought. None the less though her voice sounded and he was drawn back into the conversation as she started with his name. Mr. Charr. That was something he rarely heard, usually it was some title that was given as per his place on Kesh or his first name, spoken by his friends. It was something all too weird to him to hear his last name spoken alone.

None the less though, once her name had been spoken his smile grew and his head bowed as the man sat at his desk in the workshop. "It is a pleasure to meet one such as you Madam Nel, you must forgive me. I have never seen one such as yourself and you struck me surprised." He rose his head back up to look into the screen before rubbing his eyes quickly and then looking back at the screen. Only then did her second set of words sink in and his hand stopped as it was at his nose.

The New CEO of Vanir had a proposition for his people's world? That was something he was more than curious to hear but there was something else he would need to know first. She was an unknown being to him, not only in form but in personal knowledge as it was. He knew not of what kind of person this Nel was and he was ever curious who she turned out to be. It was almost more important what kind of person she was over what place in her company she held. "I am quite curious in this proposition. Though you must forgive me as you have caught me off guard once more in the span of a few minutes."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

Nel didn't say anything for a moment, but instead shifted in her chair.

She didn't enjoy holo-calls. They felt impersonal, broken, and in a way a disconnection. She found that doing business in person was far more simple and effective. Perhaps Mr. Charr felt the same. Either way, Nel knew that allowing this to drag on over Holo would likely be a detriment to the whole thing.

"I apologize if this seems sudden." She did really feel sorry about catching anyone off guard. "Perhaps you would like to schedule a meeting in person?"

"I so often find that these holo-calls are rather impersonal." She struggled with that. Nel as a person was rather communicative and happy, a Holo-call was in essence cutting off a form of connection and conversation. if Mr. Charr would agree to meet in person she was entirely sure that the whole transaction would be much simpler. Plus, she had never visited Kesh and any opportunity she would have to get out of the office were something to be seized upon.

A lesson that Alric Kuhn had imparted.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan's mouth instantly curved into a small smile where he let out a sigh and nodded. "Oh very much so. To be completely honest i do hate to do business like this, i never know who it is that i am meeting with and that makes it all the better when the conversation can be done in person." He moved to wave at Eve, the Echani teen coming over with a datapad and handing it to him before he looked back at Nel. "Now, lets see... Miss Nel, when would be the best time for this meeting of ours... just so i know to keep things a bit less..." He glanced at the cluttered workshop and smiled. "Cluttered as far as location goes. I would hate for you to catch me like this in person the next time with my face covered in oil as you arrived."

He turns his eyes on her now and still studied her features. He would have to get Eve to search for information on her species before this next meeting as that drew so much curiosity into what kind of person she was. As part vahla, he knew that certain races had predispositions to how they view the world due to the teachings of the parentage and others of their race. Solan had escaped a fate where the Ember clouded what he saw but in doing so he knew there were other races that could do so just as easily as the Ember... Hell, the space he resided in with his people not seven years prior was ruled by a religious cult called the Moross and he remembered well their effect on the populace. It had taken years to revive the culture of the planet back to its natural order while still lessening sith influence where he could. "I hope that a Garden would be a suitable venue. Its where i hold any meeting i come to have."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

"That would be lovely." Nel commented.

She had not had much time to visit Gardens of any sorts over the last few weeks.

Most of her life had been filled with meetings, classes, training, and briefings. Everything had become a very large blur of becoming the CEO of one of the galaxies largest corporations. That seemed odd to her now, that she had so little free time. Of course in the end she would have to get used to it, but for now...well it was strange. Most of her time would not be her own, and everything that she did would likely either be scrutinized or otherwise put under a microscope by both the board and the public. An odd sensation went up her spine, a tingle of unpleasantness that made her want to shiver. Somehow she kept her composure, regarding the man on the other end of the holo-call.

"A week from tomorrow?" She asked. "My assistant Nira can make all the arrangement."

Nira was a godsend. Nel was entirely sure that without the Twi'lek woman to support her she would be utterly and entirely lost within this game of companies. The woman seemed to know every one and everything that could be thought possible. The Liran was entirely sure that her secretary likely could have done her job better than she herself.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"I would be glad to make the arrangements suitable. To be completely honest i must apologize that i am unsure about anything regarding you Madam Nel, in person or in being. You are someone i had not even known existed..." He tried to tell her that that would be perfectly fine seeing as her had no idea what she was, well without being blunt like that. He knew most of these Corporate types found that the slightest thing could be insulting and he really hoped he was not dealing with someone like that. It almost felt like he was around the Children of Vahl when it came to that situation. Such narrow views of others and the world was so unbecoming of people who make it their jobs to expand their own personal profits. In a way he supposed this was his first test for the CEO, how would she respond to the words.

He was already busy on the datapad, setting about the preparations for this little visit of hers far ahead of any set items of concern. Sure it was in partial reason to make the palace presentable in a way that would befit someone of such stature. But it was more than that. Most guests barely gave him a notice if one at all and the fact this woman was actually willing to sit here and let things be arranged ahead of time both gave him a sigh of relief and faith into what kind of woman she was.... Then again, she could simply be one of those types that want and need everything a certain way... they were just as bad and he hoped not.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

"No apologies necessary Mr. Charr." Nel bowed her head. "Up until very recently I was only a researcher within the Fringe Science department of Vanir Technologies."

She didn't mind being a nobody, didn't mind being the surprise.

There was an advantage to that. Alric Kuhn had been a very public figure. Most in the galaxy knew of his wants, his needs, who his family was and where his loyalties lay. For Nel, none of that was true. She had no family, no connections, and certainly no allegiances to anyone but her own corporation. That would come as a surprise to some, would not to others. Either way Nel had an advantage in most situations, a gain in most others. She knew that, and she would use it.

"I look forward to meeting you in person." She smiled at him.

That meeting would be important. If Nel could secure the patronage of Kesh and supply her station with logistical equipment from the world then things would go much faster and smoother during construction. She only hoped that Mr. Charr would prove agreeable.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan nodded to the woman who remained on the other side of the screen from him. He had no need to divert the planning of this to another person, he was as little on time though and would have to work with this assistant a bit on his own time table sadly but that was what he got for wanting to oversee the set up of their little meeting in person rather than give it to someone else to do. None the less as he thought of that fact he could only smile at the woman whom he spoke to. "I actually meant what your people are Madam Nel, not you personally."

His voice showed he meant no disrespect in asking that. He had no idea what she was and he hoped it was not something to ask that would offend the woman. He himself would be easier to just categorize, though the amusing part about that being he was in no part human. All of him was near human and yet that fact was not obvious like it was in her case. None the less though he bowed his head the moment he had said those words as a sign of respect and sincerity in his ignorance. "And i look forward to our future meeting as well." As soon as she would hear the words he would let her speak any final words before ending their chat.

Once ended he would sit back and sigh before looking back at the Echani teen body which stood nearby. "Do you need something half brain?" The AI still talked like normal. He would have to get that fixed one of these days when the AI was out of that damn body... it sure did like to pretend it was human an to be honest Solan didn't care. Eve was one of the best people he knew and as much as she talked to him like he was her brother, he had to admit it was nice having the AI around. Probably one of the few friends he had that stuck around at all times. "Ya, go make sure that the palace is cleared up a week from now... and no. I want it to look as normal, i have no reason to hide the way that i see the beauty of this place and i want no special care taken. This guest is important, and i will handle anything unique to our meeting, otherwise, keep everything normal."

The AI would just shrug and wave her hand. "Sure thing half brain, but do make sure you atleast take a shower this time. The last time you had a guest, you still hard dirt on your hands from that beloved garden of yours..." She grinned as she left the man to himself. "Ill make sure its oil this time from a droid, or your brain." Solan shouted back. For now though he would need to make sure there was nothing more that would interrupt the meeting with this woman. One week was a short time, especially for something this important.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

Nel would make her way across the galaxy rather quickly.

She was eager to complete these business transactions, more eager to get everything moving for The Foundry. Construction on the station had yet to even begin, although the resources and everything was already in place. That was mostly due to a few side projects that had to be finished, ones that several corporate and single individual entities had been hired to take care of. Of course they were all important, but certain things stood out when it came to beginning the actual construction part of The Foundry itself.

"Nira." Nel called to her assistance. "Time?"

The Twi'lek woman poked her head back into the shuttle from the cockpit.

"Five minutes, Madam Nel."

Nel nodded. She had never been to Kesh, never been anywhere in this quadrant in fact. Her species was long lived, but most of her traveling had been confined to the coreworld regions and the more refined cities there. That wasn't to say that Kesh wasn't refined, but it wasn't a world like Empress Teta or Coruscant. Nel had always been more interested in cities than anything else, thougha garden or jungle now and then wasn't the worst thing in the world.

As her shuttle dipped into the Atmosphere Nel couldn't help but feel a tinge of excitement.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan had been waiting in the personal hanger that his palace maintained in order for official visits like these. It was by no means a large one in any sense of the word mind those who came. Holding only enough room for two other ships once his own fighter was taken into account and even then it was something of a small fit as it were. Luckily though there was no second ship to take up room and he had been near enough to his fighter to ensure he was in no way in the way of who ever it was that would come from the shuttle that made its way down.

As for guards, the most peculiar of inventions would be nearby him, albeit with their shields powered down and the weapons aimed at the ground as they sat in what looked like a deactivated state. He was still uneasy about bringing someone into his home and the new prototype droids he had been working on, re-purposed and retrofitted droidekas. Though with the droids there he made sure that they were as small a worry as possible. He had a bit of great pride in what he had deemed as Project Revenant, and it was something he was more than ready to put to work. But these droids were not quite ready for their production and he had to show off a bit to someone in the position that this guest was.

His own clothing was rather cut and clean, military almost in its nature as he would stand there. Over the dark colored clothing would be a rather simple overcoat that traveled the length of his body without looking baggy in its own right either. Adorned with not a single piece that would normally be seen in order to impress those who came around, Solan's clothing was remarkably plain and without a single deviant from the simple black and darker blue coloring to it. He took pride in not having something that stood out because it helped show he was no different than the people he ruled and yet as he stood there he knew the woman who would emerge would likely not fit the same sentiment that he did in how his dress came over.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

The shuttle landed only a short time later.

Surprisingly, Nel did not bother with costume or over ceremonial dress. She wanted to Impress, yes, but it wasn't worth making such a grand display of wealth and affluence. The Liran thought it best that her words make the impact, that she would be the one to impress Mr. Charr. Not the way she dressed or the ship that she arrived in, though the long, sleek silvery craft was rather impressive. A Vanir Technologies Sliver, one of the favorites she had designed.

"Mr. Charr." Nel warmly greeted the man as she stepped down the cargo ramp, two guards from Saeva Incorporated Flanking her.

She waved her hand, a subtle signal for the guards to remain on the ramp and go no further.

There wouldn't be any need for protection here, at least that's what she thought. Trust went a long way, and she wanted to show Mr. Charr that she trusted him. It was an avenue of business, a way to communicate that this was a friendly visit.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Solan watched as she dismissed the two guards and smiled a bit wider at that. "You know, i am still a well known force user. Who knows what i could do up here." He tapped his head. It was all a joke and to tell the truth, Solan had as much practice with Telepathy as he needed to communicate with Kira and that was it. He was hoping that the words would show their colors and how little he actually meant that. None the less he moved on from the joke and motioned to the droids to get a bit of actual conversation with the woman going rather than sit here and wonder a bit longer.

"Its a pleasure Madam Nel, you had told me you were in a researcher? What do you think of these things. Yes i know, bit rusted and obviously just manipulations of their former bodies but i like to tinker about and im sure someone of your field can understand?" He wasn't sure what it was she researched and this was actually a step towards telling more about the woman by her reaction. At the same time though if she was familiar with the makeup and construction of droids like these or even civilian modeled droids, he was happy to hear her thoughts. Of course, upon the prompting the droids powered down, their controller off in another room understanding there was no threat at this point.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

"Delightful." Nel mused.

She hadn't really studied robotics or droids, it hadn't been her department. Nel mostly researched and produced starship design, though later she had expanded her knowledge base to include more Fringe Sciences such as Yuuzhan Vong Technology and the gravitic manipulations. A tougher field of science to be sure, but an interesting one.

"Robotics was never my field." Nel explained with a smile. "I was always more focused on starships, and later on developing unique new sciences for application by Vanir Technologies."

She could list a few of her own inventions, but that was hardly necessary.

Nel was here to talk business, not to brag about her own accomplishments. Though she did enjoy seeing that Mr. Charr was not only a ruler of a world, but someone with interests. So often people forgot about themselves when they held power, they became boring and lackluster.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Aww. Something else of great interest though i would hate to drag on when there is more to talk about than some rusty old fix ups like these." His hand waved at the droids as a sign for them to power down and that is just what they did. Its a shame but in the end he had learned about the woman an it was starships that she was experienced with, Though with that fact fresh in his mind he drew more interest into the woman who had become the CEO of this company that expanded its reaches quite effectively.

With that thought though, his feet carried him away from the droids and the hanger, pausing only just long enough for the woman to join him. It wasn't a far walk to where he was heading and there really was little as the way of guards went. That was normal though, most of the guards were in the west wing by the room of his daughter or guarding the perimeter. Solan figured if someone invaded his home to come after him, he could hold them off long enough. "So Madam Nel, do tell me more about this project of yours.""

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

She smiled.

"Happily, Mr. Charr." From the small satchel at her side Nel pulled a holo-display device, a thin disk that had a futuristic look to it. She placed it on the table and then activates, the projection popping up almost instantly to display a massive station. "The Foundry."

That was what they had decided to call it. "A shipyard of immense proportion."

"Designed by myself and to be constructed by Vanir Technologies." She explained further, pointing to sections of the driveyards. "The station will be as large as Kuat Drive Yards and have it's own manufacturing capability equaling the great DriveYards of the galaxy. It is meant to be independent, for use by corporations who don't wish for government interference within their private projects."

That wasn't a snipe at the man's own government, but simply a statement of objective.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

He smiled as her words came off and he glanced up at the sky while she had made the statement. Whether it was on purpose or just a fact it did make him regret the current... situation that Aurora's own drive yards were in over his planet. The amount of an annoyance he got trying to preserve their production from being seized by Rose forces was a pain and further more his own people's businesses being pushed to help support the extra-planetary force. But he nodded at Nel.

"I understand quite well the burden of having another people or government dictating things. Im not a business owner myself though i am a partner with the woman who owns the relatively minor shipyards you are proposing here right now. Sure she could make capitalships from the yards above Kesh but your plan... i can see why you come with a proposition. The amount of energy and food that would need to supply this kind of project is massive. I can't even begin to imagine the logistics of this kind of operation except in a military sense..." He was telling the truth sadly. He had fought enough battles and commanded enough men to know how something of such a grand scale can seem impossible at times.

He paused and stepped away from the table, walking towards the statue that had been restored in the Circle Eternal. The Gardens he so cared for above most other things on the planet beside his people and his daughter. "I have a question Madam Nel. Have you ever heard of an Uvak?" He grinned at the woman. "Perhaps you can tell me what it is required of my people while i show you the creatures. They are quite a joy to ride too if you so choose to take up the chance to do so? You wanted to see the world of Kesh after all. No?" He paused and smiled. "And do not worry about the meeting being lost on my mind. I remember quite a bit and i have a certain computer program nearby taking down any points we make about the deal."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Solan Charr"]

Nel gave the man a nod. She would thoroughly enjoy seeing these creatures, though riding one was unlikely. The Liran had very little grace or dexterity when it came to large creatures and she would rather not suffer through the indignation of falling into the mud and harming herself. Not today at least. She had to maintain an air of decorum at the very least, or else she would feel like she had entirely failed in her mission here. Mr. Charr already seemed to grasp why she was here, and why she needed Kesh and other worlds.

"I would love to." She admitted in truth.

As they began to walk she further expanded on his earlier questions.

"Supplies." She said with another smile as they wandered out of the building. "As you stated, the logistics are at a ludicrous scale. Vanir Technologies would like to buy supplies from Kesh. Specifically foodstuffs. Water we have a contract for, but unfortunately gaining that much food will be a burden for us. We were with the hope that Kesh would aid us, in return for payment of course."

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Its different hearing someone actually need foodstuffs from this planet." He kept his hands crossed behind him while they walked, their path taking them through the Circle Eternal as they did. "The age seemed to become one of a manufacturing age with the galaxy still trying to find stability between the final recovery of the Gulag plague. If only the near constant mass destruction of lives didn't help that fact... Sometimes i wonder if another plague might teach everyone a thing or two about conserving the lives of those around you rather than using them in droves like numbers... But i digress. With the recent expansion in Kesh's industrial abilities i half expected you to be here in terms of resources such as durasteel or energy means but it is refreshing to know your reason is one we can just as readily supply."

He glanced at her as he walked and for a few moments his curiosity got the better of him. "Tell me about yourself and your kind if you do not mind the question. Since your first contact i have been attempting to read more on your people but i regrettably have not had the time to. Its not often that one such as you is a normal sight so i must apologize if the question sounds too intrusive." He did hope it wouldn't hurt the mood of their meeting, but if it did he could always simply drop the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom