Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Forsaken Hunter

rEmtqma.png

MANDA HA'RUD
THE FORSAKEN HUNTER

49996411b9d7eb2ee5423f2eb8c0a2c7.jpg

In a galaxy of war and chaos, the Enclave endures in the face of Sith, undead hordes, politics, and worse...yet the Darkside grows ever stronger.

The cunning Kel Dor Shaman Jos Krayt Jos Krayt and the willful young Jedi foundling Sōla Taan Sōla Taan are dispatched by the Speaker of the Mandokarla to Gamorr to bring
Baal’ik Yautja Baal’ik Yautja to justice, a Mandalorian warrior and veteran of the old wars that has been twisted and corrupted by a Dark entity.

Initial reports from the first response team-- missing and presumed dead-- suggest that the Forsaken Hunter has taken control of several Gamorrean clans and infected them with his darkness...

Gamorr was certainly not a planet Jos frequented often. He had visited it once or twice over the years, typically with spiritual journeys. The Gamorreans were an acquired taste as company for most, but they were an interesting people if one managed to break through the language barrier and earn the trust of the warriors.

But this visit was unfortunately far from a spiritual or social visit. An old warrior of his people fell to the Shadow, and set out to corrupt the planet against the Enclave. To make matters worse, the first team to investigate had fallen silent completely, making his job much harder. If there was a chance to get them out, he had to take it. Luckily he wasn't alone. The Kel Dor's gaze shifted down to the young padawan next to him as he hopped out of his Basilisk, carrying his helmet underneath his arm.

"I must say, I have not heard of an instance before where a Jedi decides to become a Mandalorian. If I may ask, what made you decide on this direction?" He asked with a calm voice as he walked with her. She was still weak, compared to him, though she seemed quite capable at least. They had quite a walk ahead of them, might as well exchange some words. "Have my people at least treated you well? Some of us are still wary of Jedi, especially on Kestri." He continued. He was armed with only his electrostaff and pistol as he slid his helmet on, hiding his face and mask behind the iconic T-visor.

Sōla Taan Sōla Taan

FS3Gb3Y.png

MANDA HA'RUD
The Forsaken Hunter
Jos Krayt Jos Krayt

Sola, you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole, don't you?

She was supposed to at the Saber on Corellia, continuing her Jedi training under Master Dhalinar, but then Ilum happened, and so here she was, millions of light years away from where she was meant to be, living among people that weren't her own. Or rather, people that hadn't been her own, at least until Papa Kragr adopted her into his clan. Sola Krayt. Truth be told, she was still getting used to it all- especially the armor. Master Dhalinar was going to poop a brick when he found out.

"I must say," Jos began, his voice as calm as a tepid breeze, "I have not heard of an instance before where a Jedi decides to become a Mandalorian. If I may ask, what made you decide on this direction?"

Sola followed the Kel Dor shaman out of the Basilisk, hopping down to the jungle floor. The air was thick and humid; she heard bird calls in the distance and felt darkness in the air, like shadows wrought of wind. She glanced up at the Basilisk, still a little perturbed by the massive instrument of war-- adopted Mandalorian or not, she was still a Jedi, and she couldn't help but imagine how such a machine might be used in less honorable hands, especially now that the Empire had developed an operational super-weapon.

"It wasn't exactly a decision, per se," Sola said. Her voice was muffled by her mask, sounding deeper than her age and size suggested. "It was more like providence. I fought against Grendel Krayt on Ilum, and he wound up saving my life when the Empire fired their super-weapon. I ended up on Hamra after that where I met Papa Kragr-- who also saved my life, and, well, here I am."

Here I am, tracking a Mandalorian warrior who was hunting and killing when I was still in swaddling. She should've been nervous, anxious even, but as always, she only felt calm tempered with the mild exasperation she'd carried with her since Ilum.

"Have my people at least treated you well?" Jos asked. "Some of us are still wary of Jedi, especially on Kestri."

She thought for a moment, truly considering the question. "Well enough, I suppose. I haven't been bullied or anything, if that's what you're asking." Some of the rougher foundlings had certainly tried during her first few days on Kestri, given her size and quiet disposition, but a couple impromptu hand-to-hand sparring matches stopped all that-- she didn't need a lightsaber in her hands to do damage. "People don't usually think 'Jedi' when they see me. They think, 'Oh my, what a cute little girl'." She knew that for sure-- she'd heard some of the thoughts herself. "You're a lot less...'shoot-shoot', 'bang-bang' than most Mandalorians I've met. Take off the armor and get rid of the pistol, and I'd think you were a Jedi."

Last edited:

The Forsaken Hunter
TAG: Jos Krayt Jos Krayt | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan

The Forsaken Hunter had long since forgotten his way. His soul was lost. Years ago he had been a proud shaman, venturing into the reaches of space to fight the good fight. But then the Shadow found him-- or he found it, and in him it had grown and grown and grown until Baal'ik Yautja was no more, and only the Darkness remained. And thus the Forsaken Hunter was born. The Darkness had made him cruel, merciless, cunning, and ambitious. Gamorr was only the first step.

Today was another raid; already a force of Gamorrean boars was trekking through the forests and fields to attack the borders of the nearest free clan. The Shadow had alreay claimed two clans through him, twisted the wills of every filthy Gamorrean to its great purpose, and now the Hunter was working on a third. At this point, the Hunter didn't even participate in the raids-- he only showed his helmeted face when it was time to kill another Warlord and claim another Matron. He kept to the jungles otherwise, haunting an old derelict fortress that was rumored to have once been the seat of an ancient Gamorrean king, it's dark halls stalked by the first of the Gamorrean warriors that the Darkness had claimed. The fortress had little in the way of amenities-- the two surviving Mando's had first hand knowledge.

They languished in the dank bowels of the jungle redoubt, chained and bound in the dark, starving, dehydrated, and alive. But for how much longer? Captured in a previous raid on the same clan township, they knew that their time was limited. The Shadow was using them as bait. They were already tainted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom