Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Force Ghost of Sun Jeong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Force Ghost of
Sun Jeong
Ancestor to the Song Dynasty

sun_jeong.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Master
  • Species: Human / Force Ghost
  • Appearance: The shrouded appearance of Sun Jeong's ancient ghost is representative of how he appeared in his later years of mortality; long, well kept silver hair, tied upward and ornately, meets a beard of almost equal length, and a stern face shows authority, sincerity and seriousness in a single glance. Standing at roughly six feet in height, his stature is strong and firm, showing a zealous discipline and self-control.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: N/A
  • Combat Function: N/A
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Master Sun Jeong, revered in his own right as a righteous and powerful member of the Je'daii Order, is considered to be the oldest known forebear of the Song Dynasty. Sun Jeong was believed to be a fierce warrior who had achieved a supreme peace within himself that allowed him to act completely and utterly effortlessly in all facets of practice. He commanded great power and naturally inspired authority and respect, but was considered one of the gentlest and most empathetic Masters of his time. As a Je'daii Master, Sun Jeong's most notable power was that of the ability to command fire and wind through the Force. During his life, he was also known to have smithed a powerful Force-imbued blade, the metal of which was later smelted down and smithed into the outer casing of the Song family lightsaber; the weapon still used today by his ancestors.

Upon his death, Sun Jeong discovered a way to maintain his existence beyond life, transcending his mortal shackles and the inhibitions of death that came from them. For the centuries to come, Sun Jeong's Force Ghost would train his descendants over many generations, leading to prosperity and greatness across the Song Dynasty during dark times such as the Great Hyperspace War and the Jedi Civil War. However, at an unknown point in the Song timeline, the connection with their past was severed and much of Song history - and their connection to Sun Jeong's spirit - was lost along with it. This blindness was further intensified when the Song ancestral homeworld of Alderaan was destroyed during the Galactic Civil War.

It has only been recently, through certain channels and with the help of specific individuals, has the potential for Sun Jeong's Force Ghost to reappear become a noteworthy happenstance...

[member="Auron Song"]

Given the level of the Master, I am saying at least a 50-70 post dev thread.I'm not sure what two threads you were planning but in reality this could be knocked out fairly easy with a few writers. I'd suggest checking out this recent sub for some ideas.

[member="Auron Song"]

I have read about the Force Ghosts to see what canon has to say on how long a Force Ghost can retain its existence.

This line stands out to me: This state was temporary, as Force ghosts were an intermediate state between life and afterlife; after a certain amount of time, they would then have to move on to the Netherworld of the Force, another realm of existence. [x] Under rediscovery, the third paragraph.

So I am not comfortable with stamping a 30,000 year old Force Ghost in light of that.

If this was a bound spirit that is attached to an object it would be a different story, but that is mostly associated with Sith and Dark Jedi. Not something you are going for as far as I can see. If you end up going with a bound spirit, we will need to work on the submission a bit more, but we will get to that if you decide to go with it.

Another option you have is to make it a gatekeeper of a holocron, but then you'd simply submit it as a holocron in the factory.

Let me know which way you want to go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom