Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flea Market (Open)

KitKat

Naboo - Flea Market

It was a celebration of various local traditions that Bandit wasn't interested in. What he needed was a part for one of the weapons he was building. Flea markets were great places to find a little bit of everything, and sometimes too much if you didn't know when to stop shopping.

He was waddling from booth to booth, not sure what the day would bring.

"...and this guy comes up and demands his mechanical leg. So, when I heard all this, I said I'd not only get him a replacement, but it'd be even better than the one he lost," a particularly light and buoyant voice carried through the flea market, though at times lost in the general buzz.

"Amazing. So that's why you need this capacitor?"

A soft laugh followed along with a pause that went along with a few quick nods. "Yep."

The vendor gave a low whistle. "Well, that is quite a story, but this is a beauty... Two hundred credits." While it was an item that could fetch a decent price, anyone passingly familiar with the technology and sales in general knew a markup when they heard it.

"Ooh, I totally understand. But," the pink woman called out happily, "I'll do you one even better." This hadn't been the original idea, but it always helped going in to a negotiation with leverage; and with the guy getting all greedy... Her left bracer lifted and soon a holographic image was displayed between the two of them with what appeared to be an uncanny likeness and--

With a quick and on-point snatch, the man's hand clapped over the emitter. His blue eyes darted side to side for a moment. "Alright, alright." The all too warm and knowing smile of the Zeltron was only slightly better than the hungry looks of any bounty hunter that might see that display. "Maybe we can... come to an arrangement for, say, one twenty five."

A giggle followed. "Oh that's good. That's good. But, I was thinking more like... mmm... seventy five." Cali's eyes slid open to gaze into the vendor's without the slightest waver in her smile.

With a slump in his shoulders, the man drew back to run one hand through his hair. "Deal." The word was practically forced between his lips like Cali had slugged him in the midsection.

"Yay!" Cali snatched up the capacitor. She waved side to side for a moment. "Pleasure meeting you. See you later." The Zeltron turned to meld back into the crowd with an overhead wave.

Tag: [member="Bandit Six"]​

KitKat

Luck was not on Bandits side today. The exact capacitor he needed was being baffled over already. The female had gotten it for a steal so she might be way less likely to part with it now. Damn. He needed the part and it would take days to find another in this flea market mess.

He hurried forward on four legs and scurried up a pole and landed on top of one of the booths. This way he was above her eye level, which he found made humans easier to talk to. “I don’t suppose you could be talked into parting with your newly acquired piece?”

He waited. Most people usually found a talking raccoon odd since most of his species did not speak.
[member="Cali Ziiva"]

The pink Zeltron stopped in the middle of the flea market, turned around, and looked up at the voice that'd called out to her. "Huh?" Blink. "Oh," she looked down at the capacitor and then back up at the furry one. "Uh, not really. No. Kind of need it for a leg. What do you need it for?" Couldn't possibly be for a leg, right? Had to be some other capacitor that'd work for whatever it was. Maybe not. Usually you asked if it was really the only thing that worked. Oh, smores. "I'm sure another could be found. Like, could get it on order. That just takes so long."

"Oh, I'm Cali." A broad smile spread across her pink face. "Who are you? I don't think I've seen you around here before." Seeing how this was her resident planet, Cali liked getting to know people. Pretty sure she hadn't met a... um... whatever the furry one was.

2-1B 35

[member="Bandit Six"] [member="Cali"] Zilva

Yes, you may think it's weird to find a medical droid among the populace that filled the bazaar. 35 was a major exception to this though. He was a combat veteran and was more that capable of handling himself should he need to. Was he here to buy something? No. Was he here maybe to negotiate on a possession he owned? No. Rather, he was looking for a way to move off to another planet in hopes of joining another big alliance and reenlisting into its military. Itching to save lives he constantly was, and this market could be step one for his plan. The walk up to the joint was a little long for a droid to make but the blue one didn't mind.

"Now, to look for a way off this planet." 35 spoke plainly in his programmed voice.

Faint murmuring entered his circuits and he spotted an interesting pair among the throng of people around him. He figured maybe they weren't from around here as they too looked some what out of place. Readying himself, he made his way over to the two.

"Hello, sorry to bother the negotiation between you two. I was wondering if either of you had a way to get me off of this planet?"

Myles found himself back home--on Naboo. The verdant colors that lay in the background made him smile with nostalgia written on his face. Getting wrapped up in the middle of crumbling affairs the past year left him with a hint of homesickness that he sought to remedy. Davorak dismissed his crew that normally accompanied him; and let them go on an LoA until they were ready to saddle back up.

A little vacation wouldn't hurt now would it?
He thought to himself.

The Flea Market lay sprawling before him, various stalls and vendors lined the marketplace with the promise of unique items but some came with a cost. Sporting his usual attire, Myles walked around and observed the items that were for sale. He always carried a sidearm close to him but didn't want to stand out from the crowd. Then again, there were some individuals who would catch his eye. A group of three individuals stood in the middle of the market lane, no doubt haggling one another for something.

This oughta be interestin'

Keeping within earshot, Myles shadowed the curious group. A surgical droid ([member="2-1B 35"] ) a curious mammal ([member="Bandit Six"] ) and a pink lady ( [member="Cali Ziiva"] ) all were deep in a conversation that he was tempted to disrupt.

"Well well....this is quite an interesting social engagement if I have ever seen one here in the Flea Market....not familiar with you folks here."
He knew that he might have drawn more attention to himself but he was curious and back on his home planet after being gone for a year or better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom